Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? (47951 Views)

50-Year-Old Nigerian Shares Her Regrets About Her Parents Sending Her Abroad / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Jaqenhghar: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2021
MufasaLion:

They tend to adopt their culture there which is normal, but most of them take advantage of the freedom and power to "punish" the husband. It's better to just marry a western woman that's used to her culture and see it as normal, than marry a Nigerian lady that's gonna see it as luxury and avenue to do all sorts of damage.
And it is western woman that wint punish you abi?
The thing I see here is many of you niggers see western women as demi gods. Y'all are comfortable with them disrespecting y'all but you will never tolerate even a fraction of that from Nigerian women. This is some self hating coonery at it's finest .
The other day I listend as some oyinbo girls were talking about how "caring African men are". One was talking about how her african boyfriend cooks and cleans the house. That same African man will never help his African wife do anything and if she suggests it na wahala.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by optimusprime2(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Funny enough, while abroad, it's mostly easier to have the "Nigerian type marriage" with a foreign woman that loves you, compared to a Nigerian woman...

Because the foreign woman will be more open and genuine to learning a new culture, unlike the Nigerian woman who is equally yearning for a change, to breakaway from cultural hindrance and freedom in a new setting.

Just this Thanksgiving, a Nigerian woman called the police on her husband in our neighbourhood, I didn't get the whole story though, but the husband was picked up by the police and issued a restraining order (violence was not involved, however, there was some sort of heated argument) ...

Either ways that's something an Asian (be it Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian etc) woman will scarcely do even if they were brought over, if one is married to them-

Nigerian women abroad are mostly known for having that reputation, especially if they were brought over.

17 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:

Lols. You’re right though. I need the Nigerian kind of marriage. Although I’m not problematic character wise. But my fear is if the woman will give me peace of mind
You have to chose which you want. You can't be in hell and expect the air conditioner in heaven to be reaching you.
You want Nigerian marriage, stay here with your wife. Don't go to a place where women have a view, and life and their rights are respected and expect to have a wife who can only be gotten in a place where there are no laws. Where men throw out their wives when they life and don't even ask about the kids. Where men sleep around and come home to beat their wives for complaining. Where men tell their wives you can't further your education because you are now married to me and I am the one that decides what you do. Where men tell their wives to quit their jobs and turn to house maids against their will.
All I'm trying to say is, you can only have one. Either stay here and marry your wife or go there and stay single since you need a Nigerian wife cos you won't find a Nigerian marriage in a civilised country where men and women share equal rights.

6 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by larryking540: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Mariangeles:

Easy to type.

Can you dare to openly have that conversation with her?
Can you give her the go-ahead?
Would you be OK with it if she does?
let me awaken you to the type of guys you will meet now adays ,,,they really don't care if you sleep as a lady sleep around but things they wouldn't condole is
1.dont bring infection to my house
2.dont bring unwanted pregnancy to my house
3. don't let me catch you cheating ,,,,

these things I listed men don't care if you do them codedly but don't let me catch you ,that ends the marriage ...men have come to realize women mature via social media what they crave for that has been subdued for ages but thank god for social media ,,there are good ladies out there who still got their dignity but very few .... right now ladies have list of options to choose from thansk to Facebook , Twitter,and other dating site ,but they have limited time to choose because more teenagers are becoming pretty ladies by the day and more Ladies are becoming women by the day ....

4 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by nurain150(m): 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
Klass99:
I think Nairaland is affecting too many people in the real world and informing the choices they make, based on the toxic negativity often displayed here. Do what feels right to you at the end of the day, irrespective of people's views/opinions.
Like you get it.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by BigBashiru: 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2021
JovialJune:

So in your head,, all marriages abroad dont last?

The ones that lasted without dominance, how did they make that happen? Doesnt it show that they both put in the effort and see themselves as equal without the usual b.s shenanigans of dominance/submissiveness you guys blab about here?

My mum's elder brother lives in L.A, he brought his wife to join him there, sponsored his wife to nursing school and shes a highly paid nurse today, he is close to 70 now and not doing anything anymore while the wife works and pays the bill, how come we've never for once heard of any fracas from them? How come the wife didn't divorce him cos she earns more? If my uncle wasn't good, nice, respectful and a responsible man, wouldn't she have divorced him since? How come she stayed with him up till now?

You guys keep putting the blame on the wives when the man also contributed to whatever attitude he gets, you want a wife that will lick your ass same way it was in naija coupled with stupid egositic attitude or worse cheating, then expect her to smile and pray you'd get your senses back all in the name of endurance? naaa it doesnt work that way, you have other options, marry other abroad based ladies and gladly wash plates and cook for her without complaints simple

Me thinks you guys just hate the fact that Nigerian women exercise their right over there at the expense of you men and your ego/dominance so y'all are bitter/envious about it, if the abroad system was like ours, y'all will have no problem wives with you since it favours you all to a 't', that's why y'all keep wailing and wailing about it, keep wailing.

12 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by biggie73(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
She is not reliable, why risk it for a woman? It's not worth it.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by larryking540: 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
You have to chose which you want. You can't be in hell and expect the air conditioner in heaven to be reaching you.
You want Nigerian marriage, stay here with your wife. Don't go to a place where women have a view, and life and their rights are respected and expect to have a wife who can only be gotten in a place where there are no laws. Where men throw out their wives when they life and don't even ask about the kids. Where men sleep around and come home to beat their wives for complaining. Where men tell their wives you can't further your education because you are now married to me and I am the one that decides what you do. Where men tell their wives to quit their jobs and turn to house maids against their will.
All I'm trying to say is, you can only have one. Either stay here and marry your wife or go there and stay single since you need a Nigerian wife cos you won't find a Nigerian marriage in a civilised country where men and women share equal rights.
let me ask have you seen a marriage where the man says A and the wife attacks back with BCDEF ,,,,what's your take in such marriage ....if the economy was good every man would love to be with his wife here in Nigeria ,,,even those who paint a beautiful picture of oversea how tru is the picture ?
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by MufasaLion: 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

And it is western woman that wint punish you abi?
The thing I see here is many of you niggers see western women as demi gods. Y'all are comfortable with them disrespecting y'all but you will never tolerate even a fraction of that from Nigerian women. This is some self hating coonery at it's finest .
The other day I listend as some oyinbo girls were talking about how "caring African men are". One was talking about how her african boyfriend cooks and cleans the house. That same African man will never help his African wife do anything and if she suggests it na wahala.

Did you see in my post where I put Western women above Nigerian/African women?

Seems you got hatred for Western women. Well, that's your problem, not mine, nigga! Let people do whatever pleases them. Go deal with your inferiority complex. Also, go ahead and marry Nigerian/African woman that you can maltreat and bully!

Don't qoute me again without understanding my post!

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by JovialJune(f): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

Women are not attracted to men that aren't dominant even though they won't admit it just like you hv denied just now....this explains why women love men that beat them..... it's a confused gender....that's why they say never take advice on relationships from a woman. That friendship is good so long as the dominant component isn't completely taken away.

Are you from the north?

2 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by larryking540: 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

Women are not attracted to men that aren't dominant even though they won't admit it just like you hv denied just now....this explains why women love men that beat them..... it's a confused gender....that's why they say never take advice on relationships from a woman. That friendship is good so long as the dominant component isn't completely taken away.

dating phase of relationship I have encountered ,I was cool ,the take for granted was the highest disrespect I have encountered ,,I was hot headed even after break up ,the run back is undiscribable ,,this is two separate relationship I have experienced and it's really clear women are only attracted to a not time person
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Asour: 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Are you marrying a tribe, 'a people, a race or a group.

I thought you're marrying a single person?

Thinking with 'groups' in mind with marriage has a flaw. That is, you can still marry the 'exception' in a 'good' group.

Hahahahahah. And this is not funny.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Jaqenhghar: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
MufasaLion:

Seems you got hatred for Western women. Well, that's your problem, not mine, nigga! Let people do whatever pleases them. Go deal with your inferiority complex. Also, go ahead and marry Nigerian/African woman that you can maltreat and bully!

Listen you coon. Only Niggers put others above their own. Even the white people you worship always put their own first. Its just natural. Arabs put their own first, Asians put their own first. Niggers put others before their own and wonder why their society is so fùcked up

3 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
Klass99:
I think Nairaland is affecting too many people in the real world and informing the choices they make, based on the toxic negativity often displayed here. Do what feels right to you at the end of the day, irrespective of people's views/opinions.
nairaland is the real world.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by JovialJune(f): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
oloshun:
Is good that you asked. From my personal experience, women are not different across the globe. Ireespective of space or place, a woman that will frustrate you will not not hesitate. The only variance is that there is more financial independence here in the US than Nigeria. That factor really empowers women to freewill and renders you less control.

But as i said, women are women; just pray that God helps you to chose well. My friend here married a lady from here while i brought my Nija wife, his marriage crumbled just like mine. He then married another lady and broght her here and since then, they have been happy together. On my side, o vowed never to brong a nija babe again, i married an American, and my brother, i regre u have not married her some 24 years ago. So it is about luck.
But in all, please i beg you, anywhere you decide to chose a wife from, dont marry a poos person. Being poos is deadly than Covid and any other STDs.

Lol what the hell is poos?

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by nanceeleecious(f): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:
Please I need an honest opinion. I’m not saying there’re no good women. But the rate at which women who marry their abroad hubbys and thereafter go to join them overseas and start misbehaving gets me very worried and sometimes afraid. The question is

1. How often does this happen?
2. Should a guy go on to take his chances?
3. Should he marry someone already abroad?
4. Should he settle entirely with another Nationality totally?

Guys make una input o make we know where we Dey.
All this questions tho,smh,
If you love ur spouse as yourself and vice versa,
I see no need for these questions,
Except you plan on becoming an oppressor instead of a companion,
This talk no suppose hard bikonu,

3 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by larryking540: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

This is just the way to go in my opinion: the man should just make sure that the kids are for him via DNA test and also give the lady a strict warning to take her lover far away from home.

Win-win for both: quid pro pro.
na hustle I con hustl over sea no be skyscraper I con count ,if she feels she wants to come over let her know how problematic it's going to be surviving ,,,and the chances of breakup will be very higher than she expects mostly of u as a man can't meet up with her expectations ,,,see some men don't communicate watin day their heart some even lie to the lady that he is a manger In an oil firm over sea ,not knowing na macdonald store he day work ...tell he ,if na ticket u day tear for over sea let her be aware ,,,say na hustle u con hustle and Nigeria will always be your home

4 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:

Lols. You’re right though. I need the Nigerian kind of marriage. Although I’m not problematic character wise. But my fear is if the woman will give me peace of mind
Poster just be ready to treat your wife right, regardless of where she is from and if she’s a girl from a respectful home with family values she will treat you well. State from day one how you want things to be and you may get 60% of it.
Anyone that tells you that you’ll get 100% of what you want in a marriage is lying.
I know many Nigerian women who live with their husbands abroad and are very happy. 50% of the divorce cases are those who expect the woman to hand over her income to them. That’s where the problem starts. Just care for your family and if you’re married to a sensible woman she will build with you and recognise that your win is her win.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by harjay1986: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:

bro go for mexican or Haitian lady they tend to keep their man most

2 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by MufasaLion: 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Listen you coon. Only Niggers put others above their own. Even the whote people you worship always out their own first. Its just natural. Arabs put their own first Asians put their own first Niggers put others before their own and wonder why their society is so fùcked up

Damn you! Dude, go fix your inferiority complex. You lack self-esteem. Get off my mentions, nîtwit!!!

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by larryking540: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
nanceeleecious:

All this questions tho,smh,
If you love ur spouse as yourself and vice versa,
I see no need for these questions,
Except you plan on becoming an oppressor instead of a companion,
This talk no suppose hard bikonu,
this question hard for some to answer o,most ladies will never stay behind while u go over sea to hustle ,they wan follow u ,and if u can't meet up with her while over sea comparison starts ,next is fight next na breakup next na divorce oo,I don see with my naked eyes
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by tarantino1: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2021
It was in this forum some years back where a woman said she was influenced by her friends to threaten her husband with the police anytime they had issues.

If they are arguing, she'll change it and tell the man that she'll call the police that he's abusing her and the man would get on his knees and start begging.

She confessed that she did for a while before she decided to stop but her friends still continue to do it.

I can't remember the Monicker or the thread. This is to all these idiots in here who are trying to paint the women as pure angels and the men as complete brutes.

Take from it what you will.

10 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2021
Leave her in Nigeria and have little peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by ziondaughter247: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:

If you understand what I mean. Not all Nigerians oppress their wives. Please get it.

Likewise, not all women are bad.
see just do what works for you. Honestly, this topic is overflogged. Many women relocate their partners abroad too and many women are moving abroad on their own. Gone are the days when real women with something to offer wait on a man to relocate her abroad because of marriage. It is only unexposed people that still think like that. Just like someone said, you cannot have the average Nigerian marriage abroad, where things like domestic violence and cheating is condoned. Someone also said on this thread that women like to 'punish' their husbands once they land abroad. Why would someone punish you if you truly have not done anything wrong? See eeh, people should be good to each other. you cannot treat your partner like trash and expect them to always be docile and and take your crap. Even here in Nigeria, if you look around you most older women expecially those who saw hell from their husbands during their younger years abandon them when the children are grown under the guise of visiting or omugwo. The man who is usually old and sick at that time has no one to care for him.
Please be good to your spouse, it costs you nothing. Above all please marry your friend. The younger woman most men claim they can marry when they dont want their wives (afterall he's a man) is only there for money, not true love. That one will abandon you in a heartbeat.

8 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by larryking540: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
MufasaLion:

calm down ,u too day vex ,,,all na interaction

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by guychidile: 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
Many of Nigerian girls are heart breakers.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by myke92(m): 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
Klass99:

Very underrated Reply.!

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
Na wa ooo.... So dis matter never die ni..

Nigeria men and the fear of carrying women aboard.... hmmmm...

The fear of the unknown!!

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by JovialJune(f): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
texazzpete:
99% of the time, the women don’t ‘misbehave’. More often than not, they have husbands who think they can continue to beat them, or who grow more and more resentful when their wives earn well and have jobs so demanding that they can’t play the housewife role.

Fact.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by neurosci: 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2021
Mariangeles:
The question you really want to ask is Can I live abroad and have the Nigerian type of marriage?

Dude! You can't have your cake and eat it! undecided

You said it all. That's what they want. Those telling him to not go to Nigeria to find a Nigerian wife are those who have never lived abroad. There is a reason why Nigerians who come here go back home to find a wife. In the end, you can't eat your cake and have it like you said. It's not all paradise abroad; there's a price to pay for everything.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by MufasaLion: 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2021
larryking540:

calm down ,u too day vex ,,,all na interaction

He wasn't interacting. He was barking.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Same topic, same baseless abuse everyday just to give men different ways to say the same thing many times in one day. It's obvious that men are always thinking about women--obsessed with them. The so called red pill has killed off too many male braincells that threads like this are the norm. This is the new manhood. And it's gotten so stale so fast.

We already know you think all women are a trap set to destroy you. And it's what you expect you will get.

Next!

SLOVAN BRATISLAVA......grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Family Members Of Asoma Banda Clash Over His Wealth In Hospital / Lady's Lovely Pregnancy Announcement Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.