Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,536 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

POS Fraud Transaction On My Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account (40251 Views)

Banks Lift Suspension Of International Transaction On Naira Cards / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by SlayerForever: 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
Nightaccountant:
[color=#006600][/color]
[left][/left]
He snap the front and back of your ATM card, then monitored closely the pin you used.
After which he used the cash to purchase something online making it quite untraceable. Maybe he used the money to buy a new smart phone for his girlfriend. Very easy
Just forget the cash. No way out
And also try to be wise while making use of pos

Very simple and short.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by poweredcom(m): 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
This is d reason I don't use anyhow POS agent

If I just use it must be a post agent that is long known in d area

One thing is their their new pos machines that look like andriod fones are worst I suspect one can download some kind app that can snap people card details n Security codedly

Upon that one need to shine eyes when transacting with them

3 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by theamazonguru(m): 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2021
delex004:

I'm seeing Kuda there
Is it Kuda pos machine they used? That's what I don't understand about the description on the transaction

Lol.
The guy who withdrew the cash withdrew it to a no trace account which he already created with Kuda.

Note:
Yahoo guys/G boys/online scammers create an account called "No Trace Account" using stolen BVN details.
They create this account with online banks like Kuda. Trust me when investigation is done on this matter, na innocent person dem go catch. Except the scammer later transfers the cash to a regular account from which he can withdraw it using an ATM card.
Or if he can use a KUDA ATM card to do the withdrawal. Then with this his face will be out there, captured by the camera attached to the ATM machine used.
Being aware of this risk, he wouldn't try that option.
But las las he will opt for the best option of buying stuff and then do transfer to the seller.
But in this case, it's obvious he used a kuda ATM on POS to do that withdrawal.

My best guess is that money is gone.

Next time to avoid having your ATM CARD details / account being compromised do this:

Don't you ever use your main bank account ATM on any POS. .
Any time you want to use the POS, transfer just that amount+ charges to a secondary account.
You can go ahead and withdraw from this account using the associated ATM CARD.

Do this for both ATM & online transactions.
This way you avoid exposing yourself to online hacks.

Peace.

10 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Tosdam(m): 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Can I report the case to Kuda cause my bank access are not helping Matters at all.

Access Bank is the most porous and useless bank so far... The lackluster of that Bank support the criminal act... Same thing when someone stole my phone and wipe my money... Worst Bank ever!
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Some mumunatu dey blame access bank for their own negligence
If you login to their app they always show advert for you not to disclose you ATM card number and pin but your mumunatu no dey do....
Op check your friends and people around you sad

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by KoshCAD: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Can I report the case to Kuda cause my bank access are not helping Matters at all.
Banks are useless. They won't do anything.

I have not recieved anything from GTBank since August when 100k was stolen from me.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by erico2k2(m): 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
akanbiaa:
How does one identify POS that snap card details ?
Even if the cared reader snaps ur card, it cant snap your PIN if you protect it

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by erico2k2(m): 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
KoshCAD:
Banks are useless. They won't do anything.

I have not recieved anything from GTBank since August when 100k was stolen from me.
How was it stollen and how did you go about it?
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by gigfx: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
This Access Bank self, the one that happened to me like 3 weeks now was that the transaction I did like 6 month ago that was a declined txn and has been resolved was just debited again. After sending mail up and down they told me to contact the pos merchant, I just weak. I ve reported to the cbn consumer protection sha maybe those one fit do anything.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by vikgreen01(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
Sijo01:
This is why I don't petronize these pos vendors. Majority of them are criminals.

I used it for the first time about 2years ago; few hours later, I received a call from someone claiming to be calling from my bank...

Now, no matter how far or busy ATM point is, I go patience.

grin grin
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Testimony1988(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
Some POS terminals are prone to fraud, don't use POS again for transaction, you can still complain to your bank to know how the money can be traced, since they know who has the POS machine.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
SlayerForever:
What happened is obvious. They got your atm 16 digit number and date of expiration. Then carefully captured your CCV at the back.

While you were inputting your pin you were being watched. Once in possession of this 4 things any primary 2 scammer can steal your money.

You have been careless with your details.
Jesus Christ
Lord have mercy
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by SlayerForever: 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
baralatie:

Jesus Christ
Lord have mercy

When inputting your pin pull the pos machine close to yourself. Or keep your eyes on the attendant while he's handling your card. Anything short of this you're in danger.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by delex004(m): 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
theamazonguru:

Lol.
The guy who withdrew the cash withdrew it to a no trace account which he already created with Kuda.

Note:
Yahoo guys/G boys/online scammers create an account called "No Trace Account" using stolen BVN details.
They create this account with online banks like Kuda. Trust me when investigation is done on this matter, na innocent person dem go catch. Except the scammer later transfers the cash to a regular account from which he can withdraw it using an ATM card.
Or if he can use a KUDA ATM card to do the withdrawal. Then with this his face will be out there, captured by the camera attached to the ARM machine used.
But las las he will opt for the best option of buying stuff and then do transfer to the seller.
But in this case, it's obvious he used a kuda ATM on POS to to that withdrawal.

Next time to avoid having your ATM CARD details / account being compromised do this:

Any time you want to use the POS, transfer just that amount+ charges to a secondary account.

Peace.
Fact
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by gozzy1988(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
Stop slotting your ATM card in every POS you come across, some of this POS vendors are yahoo guys posing as POS agent. All they need is just to see u when you are putting your card pin, the POS automatically saves you card details on their machine. They just input your pin and move your money. some of this transaction doesnt send OTP to authorize the transaction.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by ScotMisile: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
They keep debiting accounts at night.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Whitebeer2k: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
Contact kuda via email with the reference ID
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Wiseoldman: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
davo90tico:

The account number is 1478994126 so try to send money to it to see the account name then report to kuda immediately with proof

What if the account number belongs to Jumai, konga, etc. The card could have been used to buy goods on a big site.

The funds might be long gone. There is not much motivations for big banks or companies to follow through with this type of investigations in Naija. Consumer protection is dead in Naija.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
theamazonguru:

Lol.

Note:
Or if he can use a KUDA ATM card to do the withdrawal. Then with this his face will be out there, captured by the camera attached to the ARM machine used.

Peace.
Okay
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Sirchiboy: 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
jomarick:
Your card number, name on your card and C.V.V is all needed for your account to be compromised. That's why I always memorize and erase my C.V.V number.
Not possible
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by MARKone(m): 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Access bank

Access Bank has been having a lot, and I mean a lot of problems lately.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 9:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
gozzy1988:
Stop slotting your ATM card in every POS you come across, some of this POS vendors are yahoo guys posing as POS agent. All they need is just to see u when you are putting your card pin, the POS automatically saves you card details on their machine. They just input your pin and move your money. some of this transaction doesnt send OTP to authorize the transaction.
Ha
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by lordprogress: 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
Wiseoldman:

What if the account number belongs to Jumai, konga, etc. The card could have been used to buy goods on a big site.

The funds might be long gone. There is not much motivations for big banks or companies to follow through with this type of investigations in Naija. Consumer protection is dead in Naija.
Yeah you are I tried sending money to the Kuda account but it seems it doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by lordprogress: 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2021
MARKone:

Access Bank has been having a lot, and I mean a lot of problems lately.
And their useless customer care agent are not helping matters the only reason I am banking with them is because they are the only bank in the school and town.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
adegokenama:
agba...come teach me work na...
You will not request to learn beta tin. Na how to rob people that you want to learn how to do. Carry on, you hear? But remember that if you must continue in your evil, make sure you have the heart to bear the consequences.

6 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Olam09(m): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.
I have gone to the bank they only gave me statement and blocked the card.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night
Note: my card was with me not that I misplaced it.

Men this is gross
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Trendy05(f): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2021
davo90tico:

The account number is 1478994126 so try to send money to it to see the account name then report to kuda immediately with proof

Don't think it's a valid account number.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Benwallt(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2021
Those bank ppl are culprits. 7k was taken from my account some minutes pass 12am 3weeks ago while I have my ATM with me. To cut the story short, the guy that was attending to me after staring at his system for too long unconsciously yanked " I must buy this car at all cost" you need to see his countenance after realising I was seated right in front of him. If you gonna get your money back depends on your bank

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
If you have to use the POS, just do a transfer instead.

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by lordprogress: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
theamazonguru:

Lol.

Note:

Peace.
Na me Bleep up self I think he saw my pin cause I was really absent minded that day as for the other detail I don't know how he got it.
The worst part the money na for final year project stuff embarassed

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by lordprogress: 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
Trendy05:

Don't think it's a valid account number.
Yeah the account does not seems to exist on Kuda.

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by hope4nigeria(m): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.
I have gone to the bank they only gave me statement and blocked the card.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night
Note: my card was with me not that I misplaced it.
check if loan app don't have access to your account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15 Biggest Employers In The World. / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / SEE The Top 10 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.