Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (33797 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2021
Hello famz, I'm Xavier, a writer. As already promoted, I will be starting a story, The Bridge, here, right now to be precise.a

SYNOPSIS
Worlds do collide, not destructively all the time but constructively also and in such scenario, a connection is required, but what is it?

Richard James Effiong, a middle class principled and visionary young man finds himself the center of romantic attraction of a high class goddess, Angela Oyedele. Faced with his personal resolutions, powers that be and Angela's love, will and passion, Richard finds himself in an adventure of love and romance against odds in this spectacular romance thriller.

A story of Love, Romance, Class and Resolutions.

Please I do want you to know that the book is completed and already published, you can get it on Okadabooks, Amazon and Bambooks via;

OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_bridge/45491

AMAZON:
1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MJN9815/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
2.) ASIN (Amazon Book Code): B09MJN9815
Use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon.

Don't worry, the book will be completed here, Welcome on board...

#Xavier

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:12am On Dec 05, 2021
COPYRIGHT
© 2021 by Xavier

All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

This Copyright covers the, THE BRIDGE software, mentioned and explained in this book.

Trademarked names appear throughout this book. Rather than use a trademark symbol with every occurrence of a trademarked name, names are used in an editorial fashion, with no intention of infringement of the respective owner’s trademark. The author nor the publisher shall not be responsible to any person or group with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the information contained in this book although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this work.This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, groups and geographical location is entirely coincidental.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, groups or geographical locations is entirely coincidental.

#Xavier
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:15am On Dec 05, 2021
This book is part of a Shared Universe called Xav-Verse. Below are details about the Universe

ABOUT XAV-VERSE
XAV-VERSE is a shared universe consisting of diverse connected stories spanning the romance, erotica, family, comedy, Christian apologetic, action, supernatural, fantasy, biographical fiction, educational, socio-cultural, political, corporate, teens, sports, musicals, game fiction and science fiction genres. It's a multi genre shared universe, the first of it's kind. Currently, we are in the phase one (The Organization Saga) of Xav-Verse which kicks off from THE BRIDGE (2022) and will climax at THE ORGANIZATION (2028), after which another phase will take off.

LIST OF BOOKS IN PHASE ONE (THE ORGANIZATION SAGA)

1.) The Bridge (2021)
2.) Keeping Up With The Chukwumas, Vol.1 (2022)
3.) Classic (2022)
4.) Ideal (2023)
5.) Bliss (2023)
6.) Keeping Up With The Chukwumas, Vol.2 (2024)
7.) Transformation: The God Concept (2025)
8.) Love Beyond (2026)
9.) Amazonian (2027)
10.) W.I.E.R.D (2027)
11.) The Organisation (2028)

Get the books on Amazon, Okadabooks and Bambooks.

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2021
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Xavier is a writer, student physicist, philosophy enthusiast, humanitarian, visioner, liberal, Christian apologist and enlightener. He is a lover of films, books, DC, knowledge, love and success, whose ambition is to fulfill his purpose. He loves making positive impact and blessing lives, being successful, enlightening, being naughty, promoting God and Christ, putting smiles on people's faces and hearts, exuding love, seeing films, reading, acquiring knowledge and entertaining people with his writing intelligence.

His Social Media Contacts Are:
1.) FACEBOOK: XA VI ER
2.) E-MAIL: preciousuweh@gmail.com
3.) INSTAGRAM: xavierimpact
4.) NAIRALAND: Xavier5
5.) TWITTER: precious_uweh
6.) WHATSAPP: +234 907 989 3607
7.) WATTPAD: Xavier_Precious

#Xavier

2 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2021
DEDICATION
This book is dedicated with love from me to all lovers of good literature out there. It is also dedicated to all the good people of Earth striving in various capacities to fulfill God's mandate of making our world a haven of love, joy and purpose. God Bless you all. Love Ya.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I thank God for the gift of intelligence, the gift of life, the gift of sound health, the gift of knowledge, ideas, grace, opportunities and blessings which have all contributed in various capacities to the successful publishing of this book. Thank You Lord.

#Xavier
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2021
Okay Dearies, let's get this baby moving cool cool cool

NOTICE: Updates will be daily for the first week. From the second week, it will be thrice a week, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays to be precise.

NOTE: Updates schedule are subject to change wink tongue grin

But one thing is sure, no matter the change in updates schedule, no matter the speed or slowness of updates, no matter how long it takes, this story will, must, shall be completed here.

Don't forget it's on Amazon, Okadabooks, Bambooks and Starlybooks wink grin tongue

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2021
YOU KINGS AND QUEENS ARE HONOURABLY WELCOME ON BOARD THE XAV CARRIER cool cool cool cool cool

Rosemary33, Silver1996(m), IamPlato(m), TheKingIsHere, Minemrys, repogirl(f), JamesKudooski(m), correctguy101(m), MissRaine69(f), Ladyhippolyta88(f), HigherEd, Dantedasz(m), tintingz(m), Centino, Apollux(m), Thegeneralqueen(f), temi1202(m), preciousuweh(m), AprokoGirl, bibijay123(f), cuteboyrichboy(m), ClassCaptain(m), solomonbrown64, TheBlessedMAN, AudreyTimms(f), Chumzypinky(f), LarrySun(m), Bibi294(f), jezuzboi(m), chistar01(m), TemitopeDaniel(m), PamelB(f), MaziOmenuko, kingofcasting(m), danibliss(m), Oyinprince(m), donkross1(m), Seun(m), Mynd44, tosyne2much(m), fiyah(f), Tamarapetty(f), Onemansquad(m), lalasticlala(m), wizsolzy(m), slimhomiequan(m), ikombe, Explorers(m), SageSleek(m), Kimkardashain(f), lhawarl1(m), Ishilove, xaviercasmir(m), Airforce1(m), Therock5555(m), ritababe(f), davidflo(m), IamAirforce1, harjibolar10(m), INTROVERT(f), duch12(m), talk2saintify(m), BoyHuncho(m), dlastkingkay(m), ikbnice(m), talk2ekpa(m), NairalandCS(m), Debbietiyan(f), biacan(f), Amarabae(f), Odiriance4all(m), Kolanist(m)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2021
BOOK/ STORY TIMELINE: 2008, 2010 and 2022.

CHAPTER ONE

YEAR: 2008

The overly loud alarm from the android smartphone beside the bed woke Richard James Effiong from the state called sleep. He stretched himself on the bed and yawned with all the morning strength he could muster. He checked the time, relunctantly, he bowed on the bed, said his prayers and proceeded to the events of the day.

After hours of intense cleaning which he had no other choice but to coerce himself to do due to the dirt that massed themselves thanks to his absence during the holidays, he picked up his bucket, flung his towel on his shoulder and proceeded to fill his bucket with water, with that done, he carried himself to the bathroom. He opened the WC and was stunned at the sight before him.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm!!!" He exclaimed in frustration, anger and disgust. His left hand on his head.

"Why are people this heartless? Dis kind thing, devil self no fit do am. What nonsense. Later dem go dey claim responsible citizens," he complained.

"Kimberly, I hope you guys are in school already. Make sure you keep a sit for me if lecture starts before I arrive," he spoke to his caller on his way to school, his backpack strapped on his back.

Richard James Effiong is the first born and first son in a family of three children. His immediate younger sibling, Gloria, is a year one student of Business Administration at the University of Ibadan while Desmond, his youngest sibling, is in secondary school. His parents, Mr James and Mrs Sandra Effiong, are workers in a private insurance company and the Lagos State ministry of science and technology respectively. The Effiongs are Oro by tribe from Okobo LGA of Akwa Ibom state. They have the tag "Core Christians" stamped on their foreheads.

Richard Effiong is a brown skinned, handsome, tall stud with a curly silk hair with which he sports diverse hairstyles. Currently, he sport a flat top galax. He has a gold dye sprayed at the top of his hair which runs from the front to the rear. The left wing of his hair houses a stylish hairline. This compliments his handsome face. A level 400 student of computer science at the University Of Lagos, an aspiring enterpreneur and a highly principled guy.

(Notice From The Author: In this fictional universe, Xav-Verse, for the purpose of the universe, there are very few differences with the real world, for example, as of 2008, smartphones etc were already in existence.)

Angela Oyedele moved in a zombified state hypnotized by the aroma from the kitchen which guards her like a shepherd leading it's sheep to greener pastures, well in this case, the kitchen. At the door of the kitchen, she did the pleasant exercise of inhaling and exhaling the pleasant aroma coming out of Felicia's cooking pot while staring at her mother doing her skadosh on the pot placed on the gas cooker.

"You know you are not permitted to be a participant of this meal if you haven't done the needful," Felicia said to her daughter, her eyes fixed on her cooking while side glancing at her.

"Mum!!!"

"Young woman, don't tell me all the 'how to be an ideal woman' ethics I've been teaching you, you've forgotten."

"No."

"Okay, what's the morning rule?"

"Say my prayers."

"No, the one after that."

"Peck my husband."

"I mean when you are single, woman," Felicia bursted out, her hands spread out.

"Okay, that one," Angela said snapping her fingers.

"Which one?"

"Brushing of teeth," Angela said feeling awkward. This was awkward, she can't believe she is standing here discussing this with her mum. [I]For Bleep sake mum, I'm not a five year old,[/I] she complained within.

"So have you done it?" Angela responded silently by scratching her scalp.

"Young woman, go upstairs and get that shit done," Felicia demanded.

"Okay okay, chill mum. Stop being a tigress," Angela said, rolled her eyes and turned.

"And one more thing..."

"I know mum." Angela spread and dropped her arms, turning around to face her mother. "It's been three weeks since school resumed and I'm still at home. Don't worry, today, I'm leaving for school. Unilag here I come," she said and walked out of the kitchen.

Angela Oyedele; the tall, beautiful, sexy, curvy, fair skinned, beautifully endowed and goddess daughter of Chief Fredrich and Mrs Felicia Oyedele. She's the youngest member of the Oyedeles with four siblings ahead of her, all graduates and in their respective careers. Micheal, the eldest is married, same with Selina, his immediate younger sister. Steven, the third born is in a courtship. Juliet, the next after him recently entered that phase, leaving her, the baby of the family in singlehood.

Angela is an ink lady, having flowery tattoos on her right butt cheek and left thigh which stretched from her waist region across her hip towards her knee. She also has tattoo on her right groin axis which prolongs a little above her waist to her lower abdomen. In between her boobs is another one which stretches down her bossom crack from the top. Her right hand is also decorated with it. To crown it all is the "I Am A Goddess" tattoo written on her back waist. Such ink works compliments her sultriness.

The Oyedeles are one of the creame de la creames of Lagos City and Christians by religion. Chief Fredrich Oyedele is the owner, founder and CEO of Eleganza Enterprise, a mega conglomerate that majors in Oil and Gas and based in Lagos City. The Oyedeles reside in Victoria Island but Angela due to her Academics reside in Surulere. She is a level 400 student of Mathematics at the University of Lagos.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganisationSaga

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by lhawarl1(m): 10:18am On Dec 06, 2021
Okay.. Following up

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2021
lhawarl1:
Okay.. Following up

Welcome on board the XAV CARRIER bro

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:42am On Dec 06, 2021
CHAPTER TWO

"Bill Gates of Nigeria," Francis Abdul hailed walking into Richard's room.

"Just negodu him doing his job," he said sitting on the only plastic chair in the room. Collins Ayo and Kimberly Emeka came in after him. They took their places beside Richard on his bed.

"Please brah, when this thing clicks and billions start flowing in like Noah's rain, no forget your sweet cute loving sister oh. I beg you in the name of God, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Buddha and any religious persona you can think of," Kimberly teased.

"Sweet cute loving indeed. Bia, come, I hope you are not trying to kolobi this guy oh, because if em happen, that wedding I go spoil am," Collins said.

"Yen yen yen. Don't bother yourself, he is not gay. So no network," Kimberly replied him.

"Cheiiiiiii," that was Francis.

"But I'm not gay nah," Collins countered.

"I know but just in case you're thinking of becoming one to hook up with him. My friend think and come out with ideas," Kimberly replied.

"You, you no get brain. No be women like you dey dey ideative, dey make money. Funny thing, na the same department una two dey," Collins fired.

"But come to think of it, Kim, you fit do this thing oh. Do am, make money, so that I go marry you, enjoy you well," Francis said prompting Kimberly to roll her eyes.

"Forget this beings. Richard, better pikin, how far with the software?" Kimberly asked.

"Well," Richard paused his coding and placed his laptop beside him. "I'm done with phase two, going into phase three now."

"Hmmmmm. And each phase draws us closer to the mula," Kimberly said moving her thumb against her middle finger at the last word.
"God!!!" Collins exclaimed at her actions, gently palming his forehead.

Francis, Collins and Kimberly are best buddies of Richard. They met during their matriculation day four years earlier. Francis is a student of Physics, Collins, medicine and surgery, and Kimberly, Computer Science.

"Guy, do you know that Okorie girl of biochemistry is tripping for you," Francis announced.

Richard shrugged and replied, "Well, she is free to but I'm not interested."

Kim rolled her eyes.

"It baffles me why you chose to be single despite your good looks, swag, charisma and intellect," she said.

"Dudress, na which money I go take maintain the relationship? The change way I suppose use maintain myself? Na devil do me?"

"Bro..."

"Before you start telling me the 'I am delusional' thing," Richard cut off Collins. "Let me tell you reality. Relationship is like a business, in other words, you need money to maintain and run it, and guess whom the money is gonna come from, me. See guys, I don't have the mula to run a relationship now okay. That will be when I'm financially stable, not now. That's the only thing stopping me from going into a relationship. I cannot be spending the little money I'm suppose to use in taking care of myself on a lady, I'm not cursed. I'm gonna pass over that Okorie girl because one, I'm not financially stable, two, she is not up to my standard for a girlfriend and three, I don't do flings, I'm into serious and committed relationships only," Richard ended his speech.

"But this standards of yours aren't they too high?" Francis asked.

"High?" Richard uttered, tilting his head slightly.

"Okay tell me, what is high in seeking a lady with a positive attitude? Tell me, what is high in desiring a girl of vision, love of God, good looks and intelligence? Is it too much too ask for a girl who will love and value me sincerely and genuinely? A girl who believes, desires and is ready for a serious and committed relationship? I don't think so. When I'm financially stable and I see a girl with those attributes, I will date, but if I see such a girl in this state of mine I won't date her. As for wealthy girls, I reserve my comments."

"Okay, fine, I get you. If you aren't ready for a relationship, why don't you chop and clean mouth. Dude, don't let your intellect, charisma and good looks waste away in women matters," Francis said.

"Well, as I said earlier, I don't do flings and playboyism neither do I date for money, fun, sex, ecetera ecetera. I only date for the right purpose of a relationship which is love, companionship, intimacy, commitment, partnership and support, nothing short of that. Those are my relationship values and principles. I'm not going against them. So dearies, try again later," Richard said and gave a cute smile.

"If you stretch your hands towards my food again, I swear to God who made me, I will impale it," Ann Waribo said to Angela which brought out giggles from Elizabeth Fejiro. The trio are sitted in a restaurant having lunch. The three friends are level 400 students of Unilag. Ann, a Law student while Elizabeth commonly called Lisa, is a student of Accounting.

"Come on!!!!!" Angela exclaimed comically.

"Just... just try me and see," Ann replied brandishing her fork.

"You're so heartless," Angela accused.

"Coming from someone whose plate is full," Ann countered.

"Whatever you actress are doing, please don't stop cos I'm damn entertained here," Lisa said chuckling.

"Talking about entertainment, how far with your wooer, miss guys magnet?" Ann asked Angela.

Angela hissed and replied, "See girls, I told you two am done doing flings and unserious relationships. Right now, I want something serious, something purposeful not some scalar thing in the name of dating. That guy cannot give me what I want, I'm talking about the kind of relationship I want and besides, right now, he is not my kind of guy. So dearies, this studress right here, I mean this sweet, adorable, lovely, cute goddess right here jumped and passed," Angela said.

"Amebo mode activated. Tell me who's your kind of guy?" Lisa asked grinning, her face placed on the back of her joined hands which are supported by her elbows on the table.

"Girl, how many times will you ask me that and how many times will I tell you?" Angela quizzed.
"What's doing this one, will you talk. Even if we know, is it a bad thing if you tell us?" Ann directed at her.

"Even you too?" Angela asked flummoxed.

"My friend will you talk. Stop yanning nonsense," Lisa demanded.

"Come and force me na."

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee," Ann pleaded, pouting her lips.

"For the last time."

"Yes ma," Lisa and Ann saluted. Angela let out a breath through her mouth.

"Angela Xteristics in a male partner," she said gesturing with her hands in the air,
"Number one, positive attitude. Number two, Intelligence, girls I don't need a dummy for a partner. Three, love of God. Four, vision. Five, a sincere and genuine lover and valuer of me. Six, a guy who believes, desires and is ready for a serious and committed relationship, and the last but not the least, good looks, nobody wants to be with a masquerade."

"And concerning his financial status, I don't care if he is stable or not so far he has financial and career vision. If he is future oriented, goal oriented, strategy oriented and action oriented when it comes to his finances and career, then I'm good. Note, I'm not relying on his vision and prospects rather I have mine which I'm walking towards. I will support him in achieving his and vice versa. A girl of my calibre doesn't care about the financial status of a visionary guy because, one, I swim in wealth. Two, I'm a heiress to a multi billion estate and three, I have my own vision which I'm walking towards. So pwease for the last time, that's it," Angela explained.

"Eheee, now wey you talk am, you die?" Lisa directed at Angela promoting her to eye her ruefully. She hissed afterwards.

"Well, as for me, first thing first, that niggu must be loaded," Lisa announced.

"We know eh. No tell us," Angela and Ann said harmonously.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:57am On Dec 07, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
You got me glued to this interesting story. I'm loving every bit of it. More ink to your pen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2021
CHAPTER THREE

"Mehnnnnnnnn, that girl set," Collins exclaimed and whistled.

"Which one?" Kim asked.

"The one putting on the orange top over a black leggings," he replied.

"Guy guy guy, don't go there oh, that babe is way out of your class," Kim said.

"I dey craze. Babe, for now I know my level, so I dey function within that level, besides, I witnessed how she flatly turned down a guy sometime ago, since then, me wey no like embarrassment, decide to just dey admire," Collins replied.

"But who the fvck is she?" Richard asked receiving an 'are you seriously asking that question?' look from Collins, Kim and Francis.

"Brah, imma tryna tell me that you don't know Angela Fredrich Oyedele, daughter of Fredrich Oyedele, the business mogul of Lagos. CEO, owner and founder of Eleganza Enterprise?" Francis directed at Richard.

"Oh, is that so?" Richard replied rhetorically and gave a nonchalant shrug. "Irrespective of who she is, if you are attracted to her, what stops you from approaching her? Stop being inferior, she's a human just like you," he completed.

"Bro, it's not about being inferior, it's about being realistic, besides, if you say so, why don't you approach her," Collins said. Richard scoffed.

"If I wanted that, I would have, I'm not interested. There's nothing there," Richard replied.

"Rubbish. It's not about not being interested, it's about not being able to. You are gutless," Kim mocked.

"That's..."

"Bro just hold it there, if you have the guts, you will get up right now, walk up to her, woo her and get her number," Kim cut off Richard.

"I... we dare you. You know what? To show how serious we are, we will place a bet on it. Are you guys in?" Francis said, asking Collins and Kim with the last statement.

"Absolutely."

"Yeah."

Collins and Kim agreed.

"Each of us place a bet of three thousand naira including you. If you pull it through, you get a whooping 9K, otherwise, you give us our 3K," Francis challenged.

"Affirmative," Collins and Kim replied.

"So what's it gonna be?" Francis asked.

"You guys are serious about this," Richard voiced. The trio replied him with the 'oh yea baby' look.

Now this was a tight corner for him. He wasn't in the mood for this fvck shit neither was he also ready for their eternal taunt. Being egoistic, there are certain challenges he can't overlook, not when it's a smooth one. Being principled and firm on his stand, he would have chosen to back off and bear their mockery but a situation like this is not worth it, definitely not. He is going to play this game of theirs and beat them at it. He can't wait to rub it on their faces when he emerges victorious. Playboy mode activated, he smirked handsomely at that.

"Prepare my 9K," he ordered with confidence, drawing puzzled looks from the trio. Where did that come from? That's one hell of an aura of confidence, certainty and authority. Well, they have to wait until the game is over to see how things turn out. Oh, they can't wait to mess his life when or if he fails. Of what use are the auras then? They gave him the 'you are dead' smirk. He responded with a benign smile and marched towards the ladies. With each step closer, his heart pistoned hard against his sternum. He took a deep breath and cutely smiled, summoning his inward charm, endowing himself with intrepidity.

"If I perish, I perish," he soliloqued inward and chuckled at that in same manner. He gently took a sit beside them, his gaze fixed on his target. Sporting a bad boy look, a baritone voice voiced in a charming way, he curtly said,

"Xup."

He maintained his serious bad boy look. The ladies gazed intently at him. Such looks almost evaporated all his courage and charm but he was able to trap them back. Okay, enough of all this drama, he should just get straight to his business before he gets consumed. Gosh! This ladies, especially the Angela girl, screamed class and beauty. He shook his head lightly to filter those thoughts out of his head, business first.

"Please I need your help," he pleaded at Angela, setting the girls off guard. This was new but they were going to see where it leads.

"You see those my friends over there," he said to Angela nodding his head stealthily in his friend's direction.

"Those guys want to frustrate my life. Can you imagine in the world of Chronicles of Narnia, those guys, I mean those dudes and dudress had the guts to place a bet for me to woo and get your number," he said.

"Please, don't let a brother be put to shame. Save a soul, pleaseeeeeeeeee," he pleaded as a child, pouting his lips. Damn, this was classical comedy. Now came the time when they threw their heads backwards and laughed hard.

"Please, your darling is serious. I was coerced into it. Okay, I get it, you don't trust me cos you think this is a ploy for me to get your number at all cost. I get it, I call it smartness. To show I'm serious, just give me a fake number, any number at all but you have to help me out because over there I'm gonna dial it pretending to call you so you have to pick up a false call."

"Wait, I thought all these were jokes, you're damn serious," Angela said surprised.

"I'm dead serious. Please I need to win that bet or I will be a laughing stock. I swear, after this, you are never seeing me approaching you ever again. If I do, sue me, oh yes, sue me for life invasion or life disturbance or threat to life, anything, anything at all. Just help a sweetheart," he said and smiled cutely with the aim of persuading Angela to yield to his plea.

"Okay okay, I like this ambitious attitude of yours, I'm going to help. It's my own way of defrustrating an already frustrated lad," Angela said, taunting with the last lines. The ladies had a good laugh at that. Richard squeezed his face into a frown but relaxed after a shrug.

"Yen yen yen, I no blame you, if no be say I need your help for this matter, that nonsense you for no yan am," he said inwardly. He dared not say that out.

"Please," he pleaded. Angela called her digits to him which he inputed into his device.

"That's my actual number. I'm expecting your call." Richard raised a brow. "For affirmation in their presence."

"Ohhhhhhhhh, by the way, thanks a zillion," he appreciated.

"Niggu, you're one hell of a guy, a drama king, Oscar one for that matter you know. Queer," Lisa said.

"Sweetheart, do you know what you do in the face of a bet?" He gave a suspenseful pause. "You win it. I'm just a guy who is obsessed with success. I know what I want and I go for it. Dearies, once again, thanks a bunch," he said and winked. He walked away, not after he brushed his palm across Angela's cheek, stunning her and her friends.

He walked up to his friends, dialed her number for affirmation which she picked and winked seductively at him. This left Francis, Collins and Kimberly surprised and shocked. They never expected it.

"Get my 9K ready," he ordered.

"Dude, you're the man, the MVP. Abeg show your gee the way." Collins knelt down, his hands in the air as he pleaded playfully.

Certain actions can cause chains of reactions, just like the butterfly effect and the flashpoint, resulting in multiple yields, some of which are epic, massive while some, well, attraction.

"That guy, I've never seen it in such fashion. So mysterious, ambitious, success oriented, courageous, charming, cute and nice looking. He is such an enigma," Angela professed to her friends, her gaze fixed on the TV hunged on the wall.

Lots of people argue that things happen by coincidence, chance and necessity. Others argue that predetermination or fate or destiny as many choose to call it, plays a role in how things turn out. There is a third party who takes the middle path. They argue that some things happen by chance while others by predetermination, but whatever the case may be, whether chance or predetermination, one thing is sure, the meeting of the goddess and the enigma wasn't the last and wasn't going to be the last.

"I've been expecting your call," Angela said startling Richard on the walkway in the faculty building.

"Baby, I came to school to graduate with a first class in computer science and not to go to jail for life invasion," Richard replied humourously. Angela laughed heartily.

"You think that's funny?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Talking about first class, I was impressed by your intellectual performance in combine class today," she complimented.

"Never knew I have a secret crush."

"Don't feel too fly."

"Hey, I'm farmished, let's go get something to eat," Angela demanded.

"Wait a minute, for clarity sake, who's the ATM here?" Richard asked.

"Dude, you can't foot my bill. Everything is on me."

"Yes!!!!!" He exclaimed joyfully, folding his fist, startling Angela.

"You know, idealistically, I would have gone with the 'no no no, let me foot the bill' attitude, all in a bid to impress but honey, this is reality, this dude is broke and you're a money bank, so girl..." Richard paused. With a deep voice he said, "do your job."

"I love your stupidity."

"Thank you," he said pointing his forefingers at her as they walk off.

A friendship bond was formed, not only between the goddess and the enigma, but with the two set of friends, shallow at first, deeper later, especially that of the goddess and the enigma. She became so fond of him and him, admired her.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganization

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2021
Carterj007:
You got me glued to this interesting story. I'm loving every bit of it. More ink to your pen.

Bro, I truly appreciate. I'm happy you are enjoying the story.

Please, spread the word to your fellax

Welcome on board the XAV CARRIER.

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by tomic1(m): 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
Interesting. Seat booked.. Nice piece OP

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 2:15am On Dec 09, 2021
Please give us more. You're blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2021
CHAPTER FOUR

The duo friends, no doubt, do have pleasant times in each other's presence. Funny how a bet could do wonders, nuggets of gold in a dirt.

"I've been with Gela for years now. I know her in and out and I can tell she has a thing for you. Her fondness of you is beyond comprehension. It's so deep. I wonder why you aren't seeing it to make a move," Ann said to Richard.

"Or he chooses not to see it. The green light is glaring that even a blind man can see it," Francis uttered.

"Sweet boy, stop being dull, make a move, my friend is in love with you. She will gladly and joyfully say yes," Ann charged. "And you know what? You are her kind of man," she whispered. Richard scoffed.

"Dude, stop all this," Francis cautioned.

"Stop what? Look I'm thrilled that a lady of her calibre is attracted to me but..."

"But what?" Francis quizzed.

"Certain things aren't meant to happen," Richard said.

"I don't know why your crush chooses to be dumb. Come on, after all the signs," Ann uttered. Angela smiled.

"The more reason why I'm attracted to him. He is so unconventional. Tons of guys would have jumped at the opportunity but him, no," she said.

"I think he is scared or gutless or just plain stupid. Which guy does that. A girl of your calibre and he is friendzoning you. It's not as if this is a case of uncertainty, he knows very well your feelings for him and yet he chooses to act like that," Lisa said.

"From what you've just said, the irresponse from him has nothing to do with being scared. Come on, we all know that he's courageous. I think it has to do with experience or principles, but one thing is sure, he is gonna be mine," Angela said.

They say it's difficult and puzzling to know when a girl has feelings for a guy but that isn't applicable to all ladies, not to someone like Angela, a liberal, outspoken, ambitious and highly expressive lady. Richard before the rest knew, knew. Come on, what will make a lady like her to approach a commoner like him after the bet saga? It doesn't take an Einstein to know that attraction is the force behind it. Status wise, they're worlds apart, but she doesn't see it so, to her, they're of same world. She's grown so fond of him, always desiring his presence, to see his face and hear his voice. She has dropped hints in diverse forms to reveal her feelings for him. Talk about the stealth seductive moves she does whenever they're alone, moves that leaves him wallowed up by lust but no, principles won't let him satisfy that. What about the sultry looks and winks she gives to him, not forgetting the flirts, pecks and kisses she blows at him, all this even in public. What about the pet name, heart, she calls him. A name nobody has the right to call him. It's reserved exclusively for her to him. It has gotten to a point, people think they're an item.

There was a time he was severely ill for days, his hospital ward became her bedroom, she stayed, looking after him. His pain, her pain. His joy, her joy. Such attitude left their friends amazed and surprised. The love was present but it wasn't reciprocated, not as it should.

They've engaged in lots of discussions concerning their status, discussions that are always parallel, not converging at all at any point.
"What will make a guy despite knowing that a girl has feelings for him not to make a move?" Angela asked.

"Well, it could be because of fear of the unknown," Richard replied sipping his drink.

"That's not plausible because he's well aware of her feelings for him."

"Well... other factors could be involve, things like, inability to cater for her financial needs, experience and principles may also be part of it."

"Heart, girls like me don't give a Bleep about the financial status of such guys. All we care about is character, goodness, love, wisdom, vision and love of God. Vision will get the wealth which I'm not interested in, you know why."

Richard shrugged.

"Don't forget about experience and principles."

"Will such guy mind telling me about them."

"Some things are personal and they remain so."

That's always a typical conclusion to such discussions, always arriving at nothing, but as they say, what must be must be, but what they omit or fail to understand is, that can only be possible if and only if the forces involve allows it, and the question is, will the forces involve in this allow it? Richard situation is one every guy will dream of being in and they will heartily jump at the opportunity, who doesn't want to be the boyfriend of an Oyedele, especially an enormously attractive one? His decision not to be involve with her rather than discourage Angela, encourage her the more, it made her more attracted to him. Guys like him are rare to come by, she will do everything and anything to have him. To others, Richard is dumb, but he isn't, they don't just understand, certain things aren't bound to happen and this is included.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganisation

1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:27am On Dec 09, 2021
Carterj007:
Please give us more. You're blessed.

Thanks bro. Update dropped.

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:31am On Dec 09, 2021
tomic1:
Interesting. Seat booked.. Nice piece OP

Thanks a lot bro.

Welcome on board the XAV CARRIER, I do hope you have a pleasant experience on board.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by tomic1(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2021
Thanks a lot bro.

Welcome on board the XAV CARRIER, I do hope you have a pleasant experience on board.

Thanks for having me. looking forward to a swell time

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
Thanks man. You're blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:37am On Dec 10, 2021
Dedicated to Carter007, tomic1

CHAPTER FIVE

Richard walked into the serene cozy environment of the restaurant, truly a place for top dogs. Claded in a blue long sleeve button shirt over a blue jean trouser, a white face cap and black leather sandals, he marched to the last floor of the restaurant as he was directed by Angela.

Okay, a little rewind, finding himself in a place like this wasn't in anyway part of his noon plans, as a matter of fact, he had no noon plans, all he wanted was just to sleep the noon away but alas, Angela as usual, halted that, asking him to come meet her here. Well he is here and he is surely going to have a field day, by the time he's done, the restaurant will have no other option but to award him the best foodie of the year. That's what Angela gets for ruining his perfectly mapped out noon even if there wasn't any map, you can't possibly count sleeping as a map, scratch that, map out plan. He spotted Angela who stood up on seeing him. Did anyone ever say she's a goddess, he feels like strangling that person, he hated lies. Why can't people be truthful for once in their life, standing before him isn't a goddess but a goddessest. She's claded in a blue ankle length gown which revealed her yummy cleavage and exposed her smooth back due to it's design. Her curves and edges highly showcased by the gown were giving glory to the Intelligent Designer. She looks classically hot. She truly has a super nice banging figure, to add to it are her tattoos in sensitive parts of her body which makes her look so sultry, inviting and irresistible.

To be candid, he's still in wonder on how he has been able to resist her, damn, this is beyond discipline and principles, it has to be grace, he reasoned. Now back to the moment, as decided, he was going to eat his life away, besides, he isn't the one footing the bill neither is this his idea or proposal. Well, that's the advantage of having a rich friend, you get to benefit financially. Talking about that, he has a problem with Angela base on the fact that according to her, he is too prude. He hardly ask for financial help and he hardly takes such from her. That has always been their bone of contention, their quarrel trigger. Well, he has always been like that even to his parents, he has always possess an independent attitude, not relying on people for things. When he was young, if his parents can't deduce or notice that he needs certain things, he hardly ask, he preferred leaving devoid of them in most cases, than asking his parents excluding his academics of course, he doesn't toy with those, he will so disturb them till they succumb, but right now, as in right here, right about this moment, that principle must wait, stomach must be filled.

"Are you done hallucinating?" That was all it took for Angela to snap him back from his astral travel.

"With a hot lady like you standing in front of a hot blooded man like me, crazy things like this are bound to happen."

"Well, if you play your cards well, you will have it," she replied him and winked. She turned and led the way to their sit, deliberately teasing him with the wriggling of her butt.

"I cover my soul with the blood of Jesus," he said taking his sit, prompting a sultry smirk on Angela's face.

"This floor is empty, I wonder why, when there aren't space for people below."

"Well, that's because I booked the entire floor." He raised a brow. "when an Oyedele demands, the society obeys," Angela said.

"Hm," he grunted. "Time to book my meals," he said picking the menu. After sometime, he popped his above it and said to her,
"Your account go dry like sahara desert today."

"So why did you ruin my afternoon nap and call me out for this date or rendezvous or meeting or seeing or whatever you choose to call it?" Richard asked forking flesh into his mouth.

"Bad manners, eat your food first," she replied sipping her wine.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:38am On Dec 10, 2021
Carterj007:
Thanks man. You're blessed.

Ami

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:40am On Dec 10, 2021
tomic1:

Thanks a lot bro.

Thanks for having me.

Pleasure is mine

looking forward to a swell time

After you

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
I just can't get enough of this story. Waiting for the next episode.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2021
CHAPTER SIX

"Heart," she called taking his hands in hers. Their table devoid of plates.

"You see all my life, doing what I'm about to do now was inconceivable. It was termed unconventional. I never thought such will be the case," she paused, staring at him longingly.

"After we first met, there was a stirring within me, a stirring which drew me closer to you, a stirring which made me fall helplessly for you. Asking a guy out, to me, was termed unconventional and undoable but I was hopelessly in for you but it seems you didn't notice, so I had to drop signs here and there and even stealthly expressed myself to you but you refused taking action. I was severely mad at you but the queer thing there is, rather than discouraged me, it brought me closer to you. I was thrilled on what sort of a guy you are," she said, paused to catch her breath.

"I have never done this to any guy, it has always been the other way but I'm pushed hard against the wall, I can't resist, not anymore. I love you, I've always done, for as long as I can remember. I desire you return the favour. I want nothing more right now than to be yours and you, mine. Please don't say no. I don't know what's holding you back from me, you can confide in me so that we can sort it out. I want nothing more than this, please reciprocate this love, not as a friend but as my intimate partner, my soulmate. There's a void in me and I want only you to fill it, please do, love me back," Angela expressed passionately and emotionally, staring expectantly and lovingly at him.

Richard sighed deeply staring down at the table, silence followed suit. He untangled his hands from hers, stared deeply at her, and with a mild voice, he said,

"I can't. I can't love you, not as your boo. I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"We're worlds apart. Things like this don't work."
"That's fallacy..."

"You don't get it, do you?" Richard interrupted with a slightly raised voice.

"Yes, I don't. I don't understand at all. What is wrong with you? why are you resisting me?" She replied with same tone.

"You're a top girl and me, an average guy. You are way beyond my class. Our worlds are wide apart, they don't meet. Can't you see, I'm not the man for you, I can't be the man for you. I'm not your standard or up to your standard."

"Sorry, but you're not the one to decide that. I choose who is suitable for me and I choose you."

"And if I may ask, why are you interested in me?"
"Because I love you. I'm attracted to you because you are my kind of man, you possess the attributes which you know already."

"I can't provide for you."

"Yes you can, all I need are for my emotional and intimate needs to be met, all I need from you is your love and affection. I don't need financial and material things from you. I can handle that myself and yours also. Dating me, you won't have to bother about all that, your material needs, your financial needs, connections, everything, I will provide. All I need from you in return is your love. I want you to reciprocate what I have for you, please."

"Are you trying to entice me with material things? I'm not a gold digger." Angela closed her eyes to calm her emotions.

"I know. You don't have to tell me. Please don't make this difficult for the both of us, for me. Yes, we are worlds apart. Yes, we are of and from two different worlds but destiny has chosen to bring us together. Let's link our worlds, let's bring them together. Let love be the bridge that links us, our worlds together."

"Our worlds have governments that run them and we aren't part of those governments. Our governments won't let that bridge be built. They're nemesis."

"There's always a revolution," she said, silence followed. "Please let me love you."

"No!!"

"Why?" Angela raised her voice in anger and frustration.

"I've told you, you are way out of my league". Silence descended. The atmosphere tensed. They stared at each other, their breath heavy.

"Inferiority. You reek of inferiority. I never knew you to possess such attitude. Am I the reason for this? Where is that Richard whose value and worthness is not base on class or material possessions or status but on his human essence? Where is that guy who sees and calls himself a god? Where is the high esteem and confident Richard? Where is he? Why does he consider class when it involves loving me? Why have you sworn to hurt me? What do you gain ridiculing the love I have for you," Angela said, swoon taking over her. Richard let out a slow breath.

"Okay, let me tell you the real reasons why I can't date you even if I sincerely want to. Two reasons, one, class, not because of inferiority but because of your family, they consider that. It's their life, it's like the core, energy and force of their very existence, because of this, they're going to oppose this relationship, why? Simple, Richard here is way below their league to be with their daughter and sibling."

"You don't know jack about my family. They're not what you think they are." Richard scoffed. "Listen here, I was raised up especially by my mother never to look down on people because of their status but to treat everyone with equal respect. Why do you think I helped you that day? It wasn't because of your drama, it was because of home training."

"Of course you will defend your family, it's typical, but one thing is common among people of your world, and that's double standard, they say that and mean this. Two, another reason is, I don't want to be a victim of disrespect and disregard from my partner simply because she is wealther than me."

"That's insane. So crazy. Are you saying I'm going to do that? Where did such mindset come from?"

"Experience."

"What?"

"Yes, experience. I grew up in a setting where I saw men whose wives disrespected and disregarded them simply because their wives were richer than them. Not one, not two, numerous. That made me to make a firm decision never to ever ever ever ever everrrrrrrrrrrrrr date, court or get married to a lady richer than me."

"Oh, that's the experience you've been referring to. finally," she said. "I feel for those men, I sincerely do, I'm not a fan of such treatment of men by their women. I understand your fear, but I promise you Richard, I won't treat you that way. I love you, you know it. I can't bear seeing you in pains. I can't inflict emotional pains on you by disrespecting and disregarding you simply because I'm of a higher social class. I can't stand it, such a thing won't happen. I will be hurting myself if I do such."

"Well, tell that to my maternal uncle, David. My dad's friend, Lawan. Udofia, the father of my childhood friend, Asoquo, who are all victims of such ill treatments. They are suffering because they got married to richer wives, that's their only crime."

"Well mister, because their richer wives did it doesn't mean all richer women or wives do it. Why the stereotype? My mum didn't do it despite the fact that she came from a wealthy background contrary to my father. From what I've seen and heard from my dad, family friends and relatives, I've never heard or seen my mum disrespect my dad even when he was nothing rather she loved, respected, honoured and supported him and still does. News flash, she's the one behind the establishment of Eleganza Enterprise. She provided the funds and the connections. That same woman mentored me, she groomed me never to disregard and disrespect my man because of class and status. I'm not those women, I'm this woman. I will never treat you that way. I love you," she said cupping his cheeks.

"That's persuading, dating you is a leap of faith."

"A leap that's worth it."

"Well, the men in discuss leaped also because their wives persuaded them thus but see where such leap landed them. My uncle advised me never to make the mistake he made, and I've sworn never to make it."

"Please, don't do this, we can make this work. Please heart, don't crush me. Accept me as yours. Please I beg of you," Angela pleaded teary eyed.

Richard shut his eyes to contain the tears threatening to spill, his emotions failed him. With a shaky voice, he said,

"I love you Angela but I can't be your man, I'm not the guy for you."

"Yes you are."

"I'm not. You are a rare gem, a priceless jewel. You deserve a man who will treat you as such. I won't be able to love you the way you want because my principles and experience will always stand as a barrier. It hurts me doing this but it's for our own good."

"Shut up!!! Which good!!!? You're just heartless!!!" Angela bursted out suddenly, startling Richard.
"I'm sorry for that but please Richy, let me love you, let me be your woman."

"I'm sorry, it can't happen. Have a good day," he said and stood up to leave but was held back by her firm grip on his arm. She stood and pleaded severely, tears running down her cheeks. He looked away and sobbed quietly unable to hold himself. She intensified her pleas. With all the strength he could muster, he yanked his arm off her grip and walked away.

"Richardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!" She screamed at his retreating figure, not giving any care to her surrounding.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2021
Carterj007:
I just can't get enough of this story. Waiting for the next episode.

That's Encouraging cool cool cool BTW Update has dropped.

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 11:59am On Dec 11, 2021
This is getting hot

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2021
Right now, I'm in pains. I feel so sorry for Angela.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2021
Carterj007:
Right now, I'm in pains. I feel so sorry for Angela.

What do you think. Do you think Richard's act are justifiable or do you think he just made a huge mistake?

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:16am On Dec 12, 2021
froze6:
This is getting hot

Thanks Bro. Update has dropped ohhhhhhhhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Living With My Grandma (18+) / Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story / *****SCENARIO 75*****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.