Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (33848 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by lhawarl1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
Xavier5:
CHAPTER FOUR

Richard and Angela's relationship dubbed the RichGela relationship came as a pleasant surprise to their friends who were so filled with joy for them.

"Finally, the long awaited bond has been formed", that was Kim.

"Angel got her boo oh, Angel got her boo oh, Angel got her boo oh, Angel got her boo oh, Angel got her boo oh", Lisa sang and danced in jubilation.
To them, it was worth celebrating, they've been waiting for this like the second coming of Christ. They truly deserve each other, the love and attraction was immense and it would have been a tragedy if it hadn't led into something this beautiful for the love birds, that's to them.

#Xavier
#The_Bridge

This won't end well.. Stories that begin with everything becoming perfect, will usually have catastrophic ending.. And Na Richard go chop am
Abeg who be the main character sef?
Xavier, I'm sure your favourite character is not in this first story

2 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by lhawarl1(m): 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2021
froze6:
This kinda ship � where is it going to
The docks

2 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2021
froze6:

This kinda ship � where is it going to

Permanent site

2 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
Carterj007:

Permanent site
ok
jullyrosy:

U say?
Let's hear from her �

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
Damn!!! I need more embarassed More! More!!

2 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
Happy new year every one,i hope this story would continue soon and all the talks about it.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 7:11am On Jan 09, 2022
Hello everyone

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 7:51am On Jan 09, 2022
Carterj007:
Hello everyone
We dey here

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by kdavid07(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
Bravo bravo Xavier.... Keep it up.. but wait o where I fit see this kine love

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:14am On Jan 12, 2022
Hello dearies and happy new year, happy 2022. How are you all, how was your night, how is your day going, how was your xmas and new year. Tell me, how many fowls did you murder? Well for me, make I no lie, I massacred them fowls like a man grin. Anyways, that's that for that, as I promised, second week is second week, so here I am. I'm back, so is THE BRIDGE.

You know the drill, updates will be thrice a week, for this week, it will be Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. From next week, it will revert back to the usual.

Don't forget the contest for "the most engaging member of this thread" is ongoing. Everyone is free to participate except Carterj007, who is the winner of last month. Carterj007, I hope you've received the book? And if you have and is done reading it, do me a favour, drop a review and rating on Okadabooks for me, and please don't drop spoilers, thanks.

As for the purchasers of the book, thank you. You guys are the best, but please don't forget to review and rate the book on Okadabooks, and please don't drop spoilers.

REMEMBER, NO PLAGIARISM, UNLESS YOU WAN CHOP LAW SUIT.

So shall we?

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:23am On Jan 12, 2022
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Mum, Dad, this is the lady I told you about, my priceless jewel, Angela," Richard introduced.

"My daughter, you're welcome. How is everything," Mr James Effiong greeted while Angela curtsied.

"Oyoi mi (my child), welcome. She's so beautiful," Sandra said hugging her.

"Please sit down," James offered.

Angela had persuaded Richard to take her to his parents. They've been dating for months, it's high time she gets to know her prospective in laws, as she puts it. Richard unhesitatantly agreed to the idea. The meeting went well. His family were happy for him, they received Angela as theirs. She felt honoured and happy to be part of such a beautiful family. The Effiongs, although simple, reeked of one thing, love, and it was terrific. They showered her with so much praise, of course that of her beauty inclusive, who wouldn't, her beauty can't just be ignored.

"Senior, you've really got eyes oh. She's so beautiful. Please when it's my turn, you will show me the way ohhh," that was Desmond.

"Time indeed, you that's already playing backyard games," Gloria teased, prompting him to stick out a mocking tongue in return as everyone laughed.

"Richy, thanks for giving me a sister. At last, we are complete, two boys, two girls. No more improper fraction. I can't be the odd one," Gloria said.

"Eeeeh, before you kolobi her, let's go to the kitchen, our daughter here is hungry. Your brother refused informing us he was coming so we could prepare, now he has to keep my daughter waiting," Sandra accused.

"Well, I wanted it to be a surprise," Richard defended.

"Which you did."

"But I called to confirm if you will be at home."

"So how does that equate to 'you are coming with someone special call'?"

"At least it was a hint, which you didn't give attention to, besides, that's expo in case of next time." Mother and son exchanged to the admiration of Angela.

"Mummy, don't mind him, he's fond of that, so full of surprises," Angela said.

"Come let's go to the kitchen," she offered.

"Who?" The Effiongs asked in unison which brought out laughter from her.

"Me," she replied.

"Nooooooo. You don't have to. You're a guest, besides, we don't do that here," Sandra protested.

"I'm not asking, it's a demand," she said getting up. She held Sandra on her arm.

"Come, let me show you what an Oyedele can do," she said, leading Sandra by the hand to the kitchen, leaving everyone shocked and pleased. Gloria and Desmond followed suit.

Talking about Angela being an Oyedele, when they discovered that earlier, the Effiongs were uneasy, they knew such spelt troube due to the arrogant, unacceptable and prejudicing nature of her kind and the threat it posed to their son but she quelled their fears. They were surprised at how domesticated and well cultured she is despite her background. She was unlike her kind, lots of her kind, such an enigma. They gave their approval and accepted her into the family as their daughter in law, prospective rather. Angela was happy and pleased.

"My son, I hope what you have for her is genuine and not false. I hope you love this jewel here sincerely, not for what she is but who she is. I hope you love her not because she's wealthy but because she's a lady that deserves to be loved. Remember the values we've inculcated into you. Never be a good digger, never use someone, never be decietful, never be a fraud. If I ever discover that's who you are, I will be so disappointed in the son I raised. We don't have the wealth but what we have, we've given to you, values, and that's precious. Please Richard, don't disappoint us. Love this lady here genuinely, sincerely and firmly. If you lose her, you've lost. Remember, no gold digging," Mr James admonished and turned to Angela.

"Nwa eyin (our wife), please don't ever mistake him for such, he can be any other thing but that."
"As parents, we wish you success in your relationship. My son, treat and love her the way I did and always do to your mother and vice versa, nothing less than that but more. We give you our blessings. May God be with you both," James said, getting affirmations from his wife.

"Amen. Thanks dad. Mum, thank you. I've heard all you've said. I'm abiding by them, all you've ever taught me," Richard replied.

"Thanks a lot mummy and daddy. That's priceless. I can assure you of my love, submission and honour for him. As for the gold digging part, Richard isn't such, he's real, that I'm certain."

"Heart, what's the problem with you? Why are you refusing to meet my family?" Angela quizzed.

"I can't," he replied.

"Why? That's the question." In response, Richard groaned in frustration.

"I just can't."

"Why? Are you scared?"

"Something like that."

"I've told you, my family are not monsters, they won't devour you."

"What if they don't accept me? What if they ill treat me? What if they rub my background and class on my face? What if I'm called a filth, a gold digger? Look I'm not ready for all this. I can't bear it, not now."

"Look, look at me, there's nothing to be scared of, besides, I will be there with you all through. I won't let any harm come to you," she said cupping his cheeks.

"I can't."

"What's the problem with you? I happily met yours but you're refusing mine," she yelled.

"My family is not like yours. They don't talk and care about class unlike yours where class is the core of their existence," Richard responded intensely.

"That's because they have it unlike yours," Angela fired in anger. Oops! That came out wrong. This is what she defines as goofing up. Damn this mouth of hers. It was totally uncalled for. Regrets seized her.

"Heart, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry..."

"We're done having this discussion," he said and walked off.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it. I said it out of anger, please," she pleaded going after him.

That's a typical scenario whenever such discuss turn argument was made. She has been persuading him for sometime to come meet her family but he has been reluctant, he has his fears, he wasn't ready for such confrontation. Angela on her part wasn't a party to that. Damn his fears, he's meeting them whether he likes it or not. To ensure this, she mounts pressures on him.

"Richard, my family are not plagues that you should avoid the way you're doing, besides, you can't do this forever."

"Jewel, not again."

"Please heart, I beg you. Do it for me, for what we share. That's my desire, a significant one, your baby's wish."

After times and series of persuasions more like coercions, Richard finally agreed although half heartedly. He's unaware of what to expect or how he will be treated, he hopes things turns out well otherwise, that will be a huge problem. Their relationship so far has been devoid of problems apart from minor issues here and there. This rendezvous could be a turning point either positively or negatively. The opposition could stem out from here, but he has decided, no matter the outcome, he'll see it through, at least for their love. Angela was over joyed at that. Date was fixed, meeting was fixed, two worlds were about to meet.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2022
Oya Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, e don start again

dawno2008(m), Honsky00(m), jullyrosy(f), safarigirl(f), tomic1(m), rachealfst(f), SokoDobo, damselposh(f), SheWrites(f), millieademi, izaray(f), skubido(m), Ann2012(f), Noblejohn32(m), FoxyFlow(m), Carterj007(m), Rosemary33, Silver1996(m), IamPlato(m), TheKingIsHere, Minemrys, repogirl(f), JamesKudooski(m), correctguy101(m), MissRaine69(f), Ladyhippolyta88(f), HigherEd, Dantedasz(m), tintingz(m), Centino, Apollux(m), Thegeneralqueen(f), temi1202(m), preciousuweh(m), AprokoGirl, bibijay123(f), cuteboyrichboy(m), ClassCaptain(m), solomonbrown64, TheBlessedMAN, AudreyTimms(f), Chumzypinky(f), LarrySun(m), Bibi294(f), jezuzboi(m), chistar01(m), TemitopeDaniel(m), PamelB(f), MaziOmenuko, kingofcasting(m), danibliss(m), Oyinprince(m), donkross1(m), Seun(m), Mynd44, tosyne2much(m), fiyah(f), Tamarapetty(f), Onemansquad(m), lalasticlala(m), wizsolzy(m), slimhomiequan(m), ikombe, Explorers(m), SageSleek(m), Kimkardashain(f), lhawarl1(m), Ishilove, xaviercasmir(m), Airforce1(m), Therock5555(m), ritababe(f), davidflo(m), IamAirforce1, harjibolar10(m), INTROVERT(f), duch12(m), talk2saintify(m), BoyHuncho(m), dlastkingkay(m), ikbnice(m), talk2ekpa(m), NairalandCS(m), Debbietiyan(f), biacan(f), Amarabae(f), Odiriance4all(m), Kolanist(m)

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2022
Remember, You can get the book, that's if it's worth your money, on Okadabooks and Amazon. You can get them via;

OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_bridge/45491

AMAZON:
1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MJN9815/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
2.) ASIN (Amazon Book Code): B09MJN9815
Use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon.

My Okadabooks Author Page link:
https://okadabooks.com/user/Xavier5

My Amazon author page link
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B09MKK7SQY?ref_=pe_1724030_132998070

Please do ensure you follow me on those platforms and also leave your review there likewise rate the book.

Please if you've bought the book, for the love of New Year, ABEG, DON'T POST SPOILERS OR PLAGIARISE MY WORK, otherwise, na lawsuit you go chop, I mean am angry

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:35am On Jan 12, 2022
Soar Higher Dearies

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 7:50am On Jan 12, 2022
[quote author=Xavier5 post=109295851]CHAPTER FOUR (CHAPTER FINALE)

"Mum, Dad, this is the lady I told you about, my priceless jewel, Angela", Richard introduced.

"My daughter, you're welcome. How is everything", Mr James Effiong greeted while Angela curtsied.

"Oyoi mi (my child), welcome. She's so beautiful", Sandra said hugging her.

"Please sit down", James offered.

Angela had persuaded Richard to take her to his parents. They've been dating for months, it's high time she gets to know her prospective in laws as she puts it. Richard unhesitatantly agreed to the idea. The meeting went well. His family were happy for him, they received Angela as theirs. She felt honoured and happy to be part of such a beautiful family. The Effiongs, although simple, reeked of one thing, love and that's all that matters. They showered her with so much praise, of course that of her beauty inclusive, who wouldn't, her beauty can't just be ignored.

"Senior, you've really got eyes oh. She's so beautiful. Please when it's my turn, you will show me the way oh", that was Desmond.

"Time indeed, you that's already playing backyard games", Gloria teased prompting him to stick out a mocking tongue in return as everyone laughed.

"Richy, thanks for giving me a sister. At last, we are complete, two boys, two girls. No more improper fraction. I can't be the odd one", Gloria said.

"Eeeeh, before you kolobi her, let's go to the kitchen, our daughter here is hungry. Your brother here refused to inform us he was coming so we could prepare, now he has to keep my daughter waiting", Sandra accused.

"Well I wanted it to be a surprise", Richard defended.

"Which you did"

"But I called to confirm if you will be at home"

"So how does that equate to you are coming with someone special call"

"At least it was a hint, which you didn't give attention to, besides, that's expo in case of next time", Mother and son exchanged to the admiration of Angela.

"Mummy, don't mind him, he's fond of that, so full of surprises", Angela said.

"Come let's go to the kitchen", she offered.

"Who?", the Effiongs asked in unison which brought out laughter from her.

"Me", she replied.

"Nooooooo. You don't have to. You're a guest, beside we don't do that here", Sandra protested.

"I'm not asking, it's a demand", she said getting up. She held Sandra on her arm,

"Come let me show you what an Oyedele can do", she said leading Sandra by the hand to the kitchen, leaving everyone shocked and pleased. Gloria and Desmond followed suit.

Talking about Angela being an Oyedele, when they discovered that earlier, the Effiongs were uneasy, they knew such spelt troube due to the arrogant, unacceptable and prejudicing nature of her kind and the threat it posed to their son but she quelled their fears. They were surprised at how domesticated and well cultured she is despite her background. She was unlike her kind, lots of her kind, such an enigma. They gave their approval and accepted her into the family as their daughter in law, prospective rather, she was happy and pleased at that.

"My son, I hope what you have for her is genuine and not false. I hope you love this jewel here sincerely, not for what she is but who she is. I hope you love her not because she's wealthy but because she's a lady that deserves to be loved. Remember the values we've inculcated into you. Never be a good digger, never use someone, never be decietful, never be a fraud. If I ever discover that's who you are, I will be so disappointed in the son I raised. We don't have the wealth but what we have, we've given to you, values and that's precious. Please Richard, don't disappoint us. Love this lady here genuinely, sincerely and firmly. If you lose her, you've lost. Remember, no gold digging", Mr James admonished and turned to Angela, "nwa eyin (our wife), please don't ever mistake him for such, he can be any other thing but

moreeeeeeeeeee! !!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 7:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Xavier5:
Oya Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, e don start again

dawno2008(m), Honsky00(m), jullyrosy(f), safarigirl(f), tomic1(m), rachealfst(f), SokoDobo, damselposh(f), SheWrites(f), millieademi, izaray(f), skubido(m), Ann2012(f), Noblejohn32(m), FoxyFlow(m), Carterj007(m), Rosemary33, Silver1996(m), IamPlato(m), TheKingIsHere, Minemrys, repogirl(f), JamesKudooski(m), correctguy101(m), MissRaine69(f), Ladyhippolyta88(f), HigherEd, Dantedasz(m), tintingz(m), Centino, Apollux(m), Thegeneralqueen(f), temi1202(m), preciousuweh(m), AprokoGirl, bibijay123(f), cuteboyrichboy(m), ClassCaptain(m), solomonbrown64, TheBlessedMAN, AudreyTimms(f), Chumzypinky(f), LarrySun(m), Bibi294(f), jezuzboi(m), chistar01(m), TemitopeDaniel(m), PamelB(f), MaziOmenuko, kingofcasting(m), danibliss(m), Oyinprince(m), donkross1(m), Seun(m), Mynd44, tosyne2much(m), fiyah(f), Tamarapetty(f), Onemansquad(m), lalasticlala(m), wizsolzy(m), slimhomiequan(m), ikombe, Explorers(m), SageSleek(m), Kimkardashain(f), lhawarl1(m), Ishilove, xaviercasmir(m), Airforce1(m), Therock5555(m), ritababe(f), davidflo(m), IamAirforce1, harjibolar10(m), INTROVERT(f), duch12(m), talk2saintify(m), BoyHuncho(m), dlastkingkay(m), ikbnice(m), talk2ekpa(m), NairalandCS(m), Debbietiyan(f), biacan(f), Amarabae(f), Odiriance4all(m), Kolanist(m)

I dey here oooo

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 8:48am On Jan 12, 2022
[quote author=jullyrosy post=109296551][/quote]

Hello babe @jullyrosy

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2022
Carterj007:

Hello babe @jullyrosy

Hello

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 10:23am On Jan 12, 2022
jullyrosy:

Hello

Xavier name me go wake u to update tomorrow

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
jullyrosy:
moreeeeeeeeeee

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
jullyrosy:

Xavier name me go wake u to update tomorrow
You wan kill am,go buy for okaka na.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2022
froze6:
You wan kill am,go buy for okaka na.

Make I send my acct number?

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
jullyrosy:

Make I send my acct number?
What for Biko?

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
Thanks Xavier. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
froze6:

What for Biko?

I'm telling xavier jokingly I will wake him up tomorrow and ure directing me to okadabooks like u gave me money 2 buy d story...

2 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
jullyrosy:

I'm telling xavier jokingly I will wake him up tomorrow and ure directing me to okadabooks like u gave me money 2 buy d story...

U don buy am n u still dey here...

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2022
Carterj007:
Thanks Xavier. Keep it up.

Ure done reading?

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2022
jullyrosy:

just to help u fast track the reading since you can't wait.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2022
jullyrosy:

U don buy am n u still dey here...
You are quoting ur self
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 7:11am On Jan 13, 2022
froze6:
just to help u fast track the reading since you can't wait.

And wen did I tell u I can't wait?
Xavier knows how I joke wit him, try and avoid me abeg. ..I no dey like wahala

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 7:13am On Jan 13, 2022
Happy New day Xavier. ...
Hope u slept well?
We meuvvvvvvve��

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2022
jullyrosy:

And wen did I tell u I can't wait?
Xavier knows how I joke wit him, try and avoid me abeg. ..I no dey like wahala
Sorry ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story / *****SCENARIO 75***** / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.