Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (33825 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:15am On Jan 13, 2022
Jullyrosy Oya apologies to froze6, froze6 apologies to jullyrosy, now kiss and hug grin grin grin, good children, ***dodges slap****

At times it's good to see things from a humor POV, at times. It's helps a lot

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:25am On Jan 13, 2022
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Richard stared at the beautiful massive compound that housed the Oyedele's home. The compound itself is interlocked and it contains ornamental trees, flowers and lawns which spreads and lines it in designated patterns. The compound also contains a beautiful massive garden which stretches to it's back where there is a pool and a relaxation spot. At the side of the compound is a large underground car park housing assortments of cars. The main building itself is an architectural masterpiece, a classical mansion. At the top of it is written "THE OYEDELE'S MANSION". These guys are truly high class, living the life, Richard couldn't help but acknowledged. This is in total contrast to his. Inferiority stepped in, a feeling he shook off but it was replaced by trepidation. He stood rooted on his spot with anxiety and uncertainty. What awaits him in there? He asked himself, a question devoid of answer in him. Angela squeezed his palm shortly and gave him a reassuring look.

"Don't worry, I'm with you. Let's go," she said assuringly.

If outside was classic, inside was a wonder. The designs, decorations and furnishings in the mansion were awesome. Everything reeked of class, wealth, allure and beauty. He admired with a dropped jaw. They met her parents and siblings along with their partners who have been expecting them. Minutes later, everyone was sitted round a large, scintillating, marble dinning table for lunch, a banquet to be precise. Sincerely, for the first time in a long time, Richard felt out of place.

"To hell with this inappropriate feeling Richard. To hell with it. I'm not inferior, I'm a dominator, that's who God created me to be," he recited inwardly to himself while filling his mouth with food.

"So young man, you've told us a little bit about your self, we want to know about your family, your parents," Mr Fredrich demanded forking flesh into his mouth. Richard inhaled and exhaled deeply. This was the moment, the class moment. Things have been going on well until now, well, whatever happens, he will see it through.

"Well, as I said earlier, my parent's names are Mr and Mrs James and Sandra Effiong. They both hail from Akwa Ibom State, Oro by tribe which you already know. My dad works at a private insurance company while my mother, at the state ministry of science and technology, they..."

"In other words, they're of lower class," Selena interrupted insolently.

"That's too rude, average will be better," Steven said drawing laughter across the dinning.

"Will you people shut up," Angela barked bringing the laughter to an abrupt end.

"I didn't bring him here for this nonsense, I..."

"Angela, keep quiet. Why should we shut up? For the truth? This dude here, which I don't know where you picked him from and I don't care, isn't our class, he's not of our world," Fredrich fired at her.

"Young man," he called turning to Richard. "Get this into your skull, this family, we don't mingle below, we do that upward or equal. Check out her sibling's partners, that's who they are. You can't be the odd one, I won't let that. You're not of our world, you're beneath, I can't let the apple of my eyes, my baby girl, Angela, be with your kind, you. That's error, it's an abomination, a taboo. We've got standards, the Oyedele's standards," Mr Oyedele said to Richard and paused. "You know even nature doesn't approve of this. The law of attraction says likes attract likes. Remember, birds of the same feather flock together. You aren't part of us, so you can't flock with us. So please I urge you, leave my daughter alone," he completed.

"What was the difference between you and him. Dosen't he remind you of you when you met mum? Tell me, dosen't he?" Angela fired at her father. That statement from her made the dinning dead quiet and tense as eyes shuffled between father, daughter and the subject.

"Funny, how you..."

"Angela enough," Richard ordered in a mild but authoritative tone. He gave her the look --- the look of affection, plead, gentleness, command and self control. The look had a massive effect on her quelling the fiestiness in her instantly. Everyone at the dinning noticed what just transpired, the order, the look and it's effect. Who's this guy that had so much hold on Angela, Angela of all people, a lady who doesn't relent in expressing herself especially when she's mad? Now, that's strange. What level of submission is that? Angela gave him the 'why are you doing this' look which he replied with a reassuring smile, that cute smile of his, that smile that subdues her but how is that going to help in this situation. Richard cleared his throat, surprised himself at the new found courage, his prayers last night were not in vain after all. He smiled inwardly at the thought of that.

"Class. People judge people base on class, but is that how it should be?"

"And who told you your opinion counts..." Fredrich interrupted but was further interrupted by a finger raise from Richard.

"Sorry sir but it's my turn to speak. With all due respect, all you have to do, all you all have to do is to sit down wherever you are and listen. Please. Let this low class personality tell you classical shits," Richard said boldly, shocking everyone who reflexly obeyed, an obedience they couldn't give logical explanations to nor object but found themselves carrying out. It was as if they were hypnotized. What an aura?

Angela was flummoxed and pleased. Now, this is the guy, the Richard she's in love with, the god, and she's going to sit and watch how things goes, besides her heart has given an order, as a respectful girlfriend, she will obey. She gave him the encouraging look.

"Is it class that makes a person or the human essence running through him or her? I ask that question. If you lose your fortunes today, will you seize to be persons? That's for you to answer, besides, that's a different thing altogether. I'm not of your world, that I know, you don't have to tell me, but one thing I know is, I'm a human, a being of God's image, a being of honour, glory, power, dignity, dominion and capacity. I don't need class or people like you to validate me, I know who I am. I'm not saying this because that's the only thing I have to hold on to but because that's the truth. If I get wealth, which I'm going to get, it's not to increase or furnish my self esteem but rather to enjoy life, and serve God and humanity. I am my own self esteem irrespective of what the Oyedeles or their kind thinks. It's from within." He paused and continued. "You know from a different perspective, I don't blame you people for your attitude towards me, towards my kind rather I blame my kind, why?..."

"Because lots of them have portrayed themselves to be nothing but blood sucking gold diggers giving your kind the impression that everyone from my world is a gold digger but that's converse accident, hasty generalisation, stereotype. There's something called variety. Because lots of my kind are gold diggers doesn't mean all are such. I'm not, it's against my principles and values. My parents never raised me up to be one rather it's the other way round. I hate such lifestyle, it makes me a fraud, I love sincerity."

"I love your daughter deeply and sincerely, not for what she is but for who she is, not because she's an Oyedele but because she's a priceless jewel, my priceless jewel that deserves to be loved. Disown her right now and I will still love her, even more. Yea, this is me being truthful, this is me being me. You need to know this, I'm a visioner, I have my prospects, I have my life well mapped out. I'm going to be wealthy and highly successful, self made," Richard said.

"You know sir," he continued. "I've heard a lot of your story, and please don't give Angela that look. Stories fly around, remember, you're a public figure, you shouldn't be shocked at that. You were once like me. Funny how you will discriminate someone who reminds you of yourself, your younger self. How ironic and hypocritical, no offense sir. You, you use to be my mentor, my role model. I aspired to be like you. You're the reason I'm this ambitious, not as a gold digger, but as a non gold digging success oriented soul, but just a moment with you, I'm disappointed, although the motivation is still there. Well, reality can truly be disappointing."

"Wow, that's too much for a lunch, you can lambast me now," Richard concluded his speech. The dinning table was as quiet as quiet itself, not even the sound of culinaries could be heard. It was a bundle of surprise and shock.

"My priceless jewel," Richard called turning towards Angela at his side.

"I love you eternally, don't ever forget that," he professed passionately. He stared at the rest.

"It's nice meeting and having lunch with this adorable family. Wow, the Oyedeles, that's a privilege for a non entity like me. I appreciate, seriously, I really do. Right now, I take my leave. Stay with the Lord," he said, stood up, caressed Angela on the cheek and left. Angela ran after him.

"Richard wait. I'm..."

"Jewel, I understand. Shit happens. Please, go back to your family. Don't do anything funny because of me. It's not worth it," he said. She opened her mouth to say something but was restrained with a palm raise from Richard.

"Do this if you love me."

"But let me drop you off."

"No, I will be fine."

"Richy, I don't understand why my family are doing this to us, me. I just don't understand. I love you Richard, I seriously do. Can't they just let me be with the man I love," she ranted in tears. He consoled her by locking her lips with his in a deep one. That kiss gave her feelings, feelings of hope, security and assurance.

"Just go, I will be fine. We will scale through this," he admonished and walked off leaving her gazing at his retreating figure.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:27am On Jan 13, 2022

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:32am On Jan 13, 2022
jullyrosy:
Happy New day Xavier. ...
Hope u slept well?
We meuvvvvvvve��

Yoppidi yop, and you kiss

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:33am On Jan 13, 2022
Carterj007:
Thanks Xavier. Keep it up.

Thanks bro cool

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 8:53am On Jan 13, 2022
Nice one Xavier���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by MrCork: 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2022
jullyrosy:
Happy New day Xavier. ...
Hope u slept well?
We meuvvvvvvve��

helo i am a litrature directors & i have direct plenty movie & I roll wit celebrity frinds. anyways we are look for beautifull model like u to help me advatise our litratures book & u be wereing nice cloth like mini sket & see tru thong plus jacket & this is a shance for u to make cool N7,000 naira cash.U WANT? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by YoungBruzzy(m): 5:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
MrCork:

helo i am a litrature directors & i have direct plenty movie & I roll wit celebrity frinds. anyways we are look for beautifull model like u to help me advatise our litratures book & u be wereing nice cloth like mini sket & see tru thong plus jacket & this is a shance for u to make cool N7,000 naira cash.U WANT? cheesy cheesy

Lol grin literature director with lot of grammatical blunders shocked shocked sorry bro, I don’t grab. Did you just called #7,000 a cool cash?? grin What freaking cool in ordinary #7,000?? Wow Issa ghen ghen something grin

No offense meant biko

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by MrCork: 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2022
YoungBruzzy:

Lol grin literature director with lot of grammatical blunders shocked shocked sorry bro, I don’t grab. Did you just called #7,000 a cool cash?? grin What freaking cool in ordinary #7,000?? Wow Issa ghen ghen something grin

No offense meant biko

son am toastin babe & yor name is not Jullyrosy.....go bakkkto bed pliss!!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2022
MrCork:

Oga director, pay b4 service...
7k haha haha
Xavier come n see scammer o

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2022
MrCork:

son am toastin babe & yor name is not Jullyrosy.....go bakkkto bed pliss!!! angry angry

Toast which babe? ���
Dis is how u go to every thread embarrassing urself

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by MrCork: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2022
jullyrosy:

Toast which babe? ���
Dis is how u go to every thread embarrassing urself

Ebarass mysef how? I have sleep wit 14 women outter 31 babes i meet on nairaland...i juss left Nigeria 2week ago & i yansh only one babe so how can i embarass mysef when am from London & i hav moiney £pounds)? ....r u jelos i hav moiney to pay jullyrosy for sexx & u dont.sir, if u need moiney, ask me nicely.u stand no shance against me!!(no oofenese) angry

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by YoungBruzzy(m): 11:36pm On Jan 13, 2022
[left][/left]Wonder shall never end on this Nairaland grin grin see someone who just came back from London Jullyrosy Biko accept him proposal o grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Dybala11(m): 12:12am On Jan 14, 2022
YoungBruzzy:
[left][/left]Wonder shall never end on this Nairaland grin grin see someone who just came back from London Jullyrosy Biko accept him proposal o grin grin
Omo, wahala don dey wear miniskirt now o. grin

Make Jullyrosy give the damned nigga a shance na. grin

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 12:26am On Jan 14, 2022
Thanks Xavier.
Somebody should please leave my babe @jullyrosy alone.
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 5:36am On Jan 14, 2022
Dybala11:

Omo, wahala don dey wear miniskirt now o. grin

Make Jullyrosy give the damned nigga a shance na. grin

Link am to ur sis. ..

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 5:37am On Jan 14, 2022
YoungBruzzy:

Ur sis fit accept sha

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 5:38am On Jan 14, 2022
MrCork:

Ebarass mysef how? I have sleep wit 14 women outter 31 babes i meet on nairaland...i juss left Nigeria 2week ago & i yansh only one babe so how can i embarass mysef when am from London & i hav moiney £pounds)? ....r u jelos i hav moiney to pay jullyrosy for sexx & u dont.sir, if u need moiney, ask me nicely.u stand no shance against me!!(no oofenese) angry

Be like ure mad. .....�
Cos it's very obvious

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 5:38am On Jan 14, 2022
Carterj007:
Thanks Xavier.
Somebody should please leave my babe @jullyrosy alone.

Ahhhhh

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 5:40am On Jan 14, 2022
Xavier good morning oooooo. ....
How are you doing?

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:32am On Jan 14, 2022
jullyrosy:
Nice one Xavier���

Thanks Hun

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2022
jullyrosy:

Oga director, pay b4 service...
7k haha haha
Xavier come n see scammer o

Udonminit

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:37am On Jan 14, 2022
So like play like play, jullyrosy don become celeb

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:46am On Jan 14, 2022
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

That's the reason I love him. Positive, wise, God fearing, visionary, courageous. He has influenced, imparted and transformed me positively. He may not have the wealth, class or whatever but he has the attitude, that's all that matters. How many of you can boast of that with all your material bla bla bla," Angela ranted on ragingly.

"Mind the way you speak girl," Michael spoke with a raised voice.

"So? What will happen if I do? Tell me, what..."

"Shut the Bleep up!!!" Fredrich thundered at her.
"Now get out of my presence," he ordered.

"I don't know why you've all sworn to make my life a misery," Angela replied defiantly.

"Now!!!!!" He growled causing Angela to run upstairs muttering incoherent words loudly.

"No Oyedele will date or marry a low class raff," he said.

"This family we don't mingle below, we do that upward or equal. You are beneath. You aren't part of us so you can't flock with us. It's an abomination, a taboo. That's error." Those words surged through Richard's mind making him restless, terrible and angry. The more he ponders on them, the more mad he becomes. Getting them out of his head since the day before has been a task on it's own, an impossible one. The more he tried, the more they came enveloping him. It seems his mind possessed some kind of magnet that pulled them to it.

"You are beneath. You are not of our world, we've got standards, the Oyedele's standards." They hit him hard placing him on the verge of losing his mind.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" He screamed deeply in pain. Those words, that treatment, that view of him, they hurt, they really hurt, deeply. In his present state, he wondered how he developed the courage to speak to them, he couldn't place where it came from but he's glad it did, at least, he left a message before leaving with his dignity intact, but the moment he got home, that courage was raptured only to be replaced by feelings of pain, sadness and anger. They've been his companions ever then causing him restlessness and emotional hurt.

Angela quietly walked into his apartment and met him in such state sitting on a couch. He didn't acknowledge her presence. Presently, nothing matters to him, not even her presence or her calls and messages which he ignored. Hunger, sleep and thirst are alien to him. Right now, his mind is in a state of emergency. She quietly walked up to him, sat beside him, her legs on the couch, she placed her head on his shoulders sobbing silently, her hands locked in his. They stayed in that position for sometime. He got up, walked towards a window and stood facing it.

"I have never been insulted, embarrassed and humiliated all my life like yesterday," he said to Angela still in his position.

"Class, that's all your family care about. Class, that's all that matters to them. I don't blame them, it's typical of your kind," he voiced angrily.

"This is the reason, one of the reasons, I didn't want to date you, your family's uncalled classial philosophy. I thought you said you knew your family very well, I thought you said they weren't like that. What happened now?" He uttered, turning towards her.

"Heart, I'm severely hurt just like you are. Take a look at me, I'm deeply affected. It's not just you."

"Why didn't you spare me the trouble and go after your kind, Why me? Why this nobody?"

Angela sniffed and responded, "Because I love you. I fell hopelessly in love with you."

"Why?"

"Firstly, I saw my kind of man in you Richard. You are the type of man I desire as my partner, my husband. Secondly, a pull beyond my comprehension. I couldn't explain it but I felt it and I still do. I'm crazy over you heart. Please don't let this destroy the bond we share."

"I vow on my life and on that of my progenies. I will be wealthy, very very very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wealthy," he declared intensely in a low tone.

"If they want class I will give them class. Cetain nonsense must stop. Human essence is not enough, I will give them what's enough. My kids will never be treated like this, that I swear," he screamed startling Angela who shook in fright.

"That I know, but what about our love? What's it fate? Isn't it part of the plan, the vow?" She asked longily.

"What did I say to you before I left the dinning table yesterday?"

"You love me eternally."

"Good."

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:53am On Jan 14, 2022
As promised, that's all for this week guys, till next week. From next week, updates will return to the usual form of Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

And one more thing, "The Most Engaging Member Of The Thread" for this month will be announced Friday next week, so my friends, fasten your belts and act up. Take part in the contest by commenting, referring people to this thread through mentions, liking and sharing the story.

You know I keep my promise wink

Love ya

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:56am On Jan 14, 2022
You can get the book, that's if it's worth your money, on Okadabooks and Amazon. You can get them via;

OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_bridge/45491

AMAZON:
1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MJN9815/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
2.) ASIN (Amazon Book Code): B09MJN9815
Use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon.

My Okadabooks Author Page link:
https://okadabooks.com/user/Xavier5

My Amazon author page link
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B09MKK7SQY?ref_=pe_1724030_132998070

Please do ensure you follow me on those platforms and also leave your review there likewise rate the book.

Please if you've bought the book, for the love of anything you hold dear, ABEG, DON'T POST SPOILERS OR PLAGIARISE MY WORK, otherwise, na lawsuit you go chop, I mean am angry , remember, it's a copyrighted work.

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2022
Me right now waiting for the "this update is small na" crew

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:02am On Jan 14, 2022
Manage that small update, next week updates will be lengthy

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2022
For those of you that might want to follow me on social media, here are my contacts

1.) FACEBOOK: XA VI ER
2.) E-MAIL: preciousuweh@gmail.com
3.) INSTAGRAM: uwehprecious
4.) TWITTER;
a.) Username: precious_uweh
b.) Display Name: Xavier
5.) WHATSAPP: 09079893607

Gracias

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:34am On Jan 14, 2022
jullyrosy:

Ur sis fit accept sha

Lol wink be rest assured my dear, if zombie apocalypse happen today, you are safe cos you don’t have what they feed on grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 10:21am On Jan 14, 2022
Xavier5:
So like play like play, jullyrosy don become celeb

Hahahahahahahhah

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 10:26am On Jan 14, 2022
YoungBruzzy:

Lol wink be rest assured my dear, if zombie apocalypse happen today, you are safe cos you don’t have what they feed on grin grin

U even go post pics��������
Anu��

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Living With My Grandma (18+) / Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story / *****SCENARIO 75*****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.