Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (33842 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 10:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
Xavier pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 12:45am On Jan 15, 2022
@xavier, keep up with the good work.
Happy weekend to my babe @jullyrosy.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2022
Carterj007:
@xavier, keep up with the good work.
Happy weekend to my babe @jullyrosy.

Same here

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by plus1ne(m): 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2022
Interesting story. Big ups man buh please try to increase your updates ��

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by slimsophiediva(f): 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
Thank God for the safe landing
Abeg when is the next update �

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
As stated previously in this thread, The Bridge is part of a shared Universe called Xav-Verse, as a matter of fact, it's the launch of the universe. Below are brief information of the Xav-Verse

ABOUT XAV-VERSE:

XAV-VERSE is a shared universe consisting of diverse connected stories spanning the romance, family, comedy, apologetic, adventure, action and science fiction genres. It's a multi genre shared universe, the first of it's kind. Currently, we are in the phase one of Xav-Verse which kicks off from THE BRIDGE (2021) and will climax at DON (2027), after which another phase will take off.

LIST OF BOOKS IN PHASE ONE:
1.) The Bridge (2021)
2.) Keeping Up With The Chukwumas, Vol.1 (2021)
3.) Classic (2021)
4.) Ideal (2022)
5.) Bliss (2022)
6.) Transformation: The God Concept (2023)
7.) Keeping Up With The Chukwumas, Vol.2 (2024)
8.) Love Beyond (2025)
9.) Amazonian (2026)
10.) W.I.E.R.D (2026)
11.) Don (2027)

The Bridge, Classic and Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 has been released already on Okadabooks and Amazon. You can get them via:

OKADABOOKS:
https://okadabooks.com/user/Xavier5

AMAZON:
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B09MKK7SQY?ref_=pe_1724030_132998070

After The Bridge, Classic comes next immediately, after that Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1, after that Ideal, then The Bliss and so on and so on. I will also expand into other Shared Universes called Galactic-Verse, which is a Star war- Star Trek- Dune style Universe and Millennia Universe, which is a DC-Marvel style universe. I will delve into a horror story titled The Curse. The pictures below are my Book slates. The ones labelled MPPU and MAPU are Millenia Universe Books.

The Bridge is just the beginning, a whole lot of adventure awaits you all, Awesome ones.

#Xavier

1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2022

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
@Dybala11 and jullyrosy

En never reach protest level na, make una come down abeg tongue tongue tongue

Make I consult the Oracle first to hear the sayings of the gods as regards updates, will get back to you on Monday, no vex, the gods too get formalities for this things angry angry angry

#Make_Una_Calm_Down
#Operation_Consult_The_Oracle

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
@Dybala11 and jullyrosy

Love what you guys are doing here, creating contents kiss grin wink

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2022
plus1ne:
Interesting story. Big ups man buh please try to increase your updates ��

Okay sir

slimsophiediva:
Thank God for the safe landing
Abeg when is the next update �

Welcome on board the XAV CARRIER. Updates are thrice a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
Xavier5:
@Dybala11 and jullyrosy

Make I consult the Oracle first to hear the sayings of the gods as regards updates, will get back to you on Monday, no vex, the gods too get formalities for this things angry angry angry

#Make_Una_Calm_Down

We're waiting Boss....

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
Xavier5:
@Dybala11 and jullyrosy

#Xavier

Thanks....

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Dybala11(m): 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2022
Xavier5:
@Dybala11 and jullyrosy

#Make_Una_Calm_Down
You better feed us updates.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Dybala11(m): 8:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
Xavier5:
@Dybala11 and jullyrosy
#Xavier
We dey behind you like humpback Mr OP. grin

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
Dybala11:

Lol....

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
Dybala11:

We fit continue protest soon..

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Dybala11(m): 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2022
jullyrosy:

We fit continue protest soon..
Oya now.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 6:53am On Jan 16, 2022
Morning.....

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2022
Happy Blessed Sunday Dearies wink kiss cool

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 10:24am On Jan 16, 2022
Good morning all. Have a blessed Sunday.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:48am On Jan 17, 2022
Carterj007:
Good morning all. Have a blessed Sunday.

Same here bro

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:58am On Jan 17, 2022
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Richard walked down the street taking in the cold sensation of the mild evening breeze. He entertained himself with the music blasting from his headset. The beeping of a car horn got his attention, he turned to see where it was coming from. An SUV halted beside him. The driver and passenger's doors were opened, two people, a male and a female, came out of it respectively. He hissed on seeing who they are.

"Hey bro," Micheal greeted.

"Who do we have here, the high class kids," Richard responded sarcastically. In response, Juliet rolled her eyes.

"I get it, I'm a riff raff, not your league, not your class, not your standard either. You don't have to tell me, I know already, so please just pass," he said.

"Dude, chill. We aren't here for trouble. We just want to talk," Micheal said.

"Okayyyyy, go on. Talk, I'm all ears."

"We can't do that here, we need somewhere conducive like the eatery down the road. Get in the car, let's head there," Micheal said.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. You see, everything about your kind is purity. My kind, we're pollutants. I don't want to pollute your car with my filth, not the car of the Oyedeles..."

"Will you just get into the car. Enough of your..."

"I will walk, that is, if you're still interested," he said cutting off Juliet. He walked off, his headset strapped to his ears.

"He's so difficult," Juliet spat.

"Don't blame him, it's typical of his kind."

***At the eatery***

"Thank you," Richard said and collected his snack and drink in a tray after paying for them. Together, he walked with Micheal and Juliet who held theirs on a tray. They offered to pay for him but he vehemently refused. He will have to be beheaded first before that happens. Affliction shall not rise a second time. He won't give them any cause whatsoever to treat him inferiorly. His dignity must be protected.

"So? We are here," he said biting into his snack.

"We are here because of our sister and you," Juliet said. Richard responded by munching his snack nosily. This he did on purpose to irritate them.

"You've succeeded in dividing a home," Juliet said. He raised a quizzed brow.

"What I mean is, our family has been torn apart. Some of us supports your relationship while others don't," she clarified.

"Yes. Our mum, I and Juliet are on your side but our dad, Selina and Steven are anti you," Micheal said.

"That's weird. Oyedele civil war but why?"

"Because you are unconventional. That day, when I heard you speak, we heard you speak, we were stunned and pleased. Such boldness, such intelligence, such charisma. That was the attitude," Juliet said. Richard gave a facial shrug.

"Ever then, they've been a severe debate on whether we should or shouldn't accept you," Micheal said.

***Flashback***

"That young man is the kind of man I want for my daughter, as my son in law. He has the attitude. He's positive, strong, courageous, moral, Godly, wise, intelligent and visionary. I melted within when I heard him speak, the wisdom oozing out of him was phenomenal. Talk about the impact he has on Angela. He has so transformed Angela positively and gave her joy. An effect we can all see," Felicia said.

"So you've fallen for his tricks, that boy is just a talented actor," Fredrich uttered.

"Exactly," Selina supported.

"You're on point dad. I wonder why mum can't see through that," that was Steven.

"I knew him before now. When Angela first told me about him, I secretly observed him. He's genuine. His acts during our meeting cemented, solidified and sealed my impressions of him," Felicia stated.

"It doesn't need an Einstein to know that what I heard and saw that day was sincerity, genuineness and truth. I saw a guy who loves my sister dearly. I saw a guy who's ideal for her," Micheal said.

"And how did you come about all that?" Fredrich asked.

"Intuition."

"Intuition? Just intuition? You're basing all this on intuition?"

"Yes. I trust it. There's a deep inner conviction."

"Well, young man, decisions like this are not to be made base on intuition but on reality."

"And what's reality dad?" Juliet quizzed.

"First thing first, class... standard... league," he replied.

"But is that necessary?"

"What's necessary is that the Oyedeles, this family, don't do low class. It's a taboo, no child of mine will do that."

"I don't accept that guy, he's a riff raff, under league," Selina said.

"Well Mrs, for your information, you're the daughter of a riff raff. Sorry for this sweetheart," Felicia said.

"Felicia!!!" Mr Oyedele called out.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry but I have to say this," she said defiantly.

"You're were no different from him when I met you. You were a low life like him. You were nothing but it was your attitude that attracted me to you, that made me fell in love with you, just like my daughter, but take a look at where you are today. With the visions and prospects he has for himself just like you, he will be like you and probably even more in terms of financial success," Felicia said. "Why are you rejecting him all because of class?" She uttered moving her middle and fore fingers in quote at he last word.

"Yes, I was like him years ago but I'm not now, that's all that matters. No child of mine is a riff raff, and none of them will be with one. Angela won't do such, not under my watch," Fredrich said.

"Angela has gotten the right guy for herself, an ideal one. The one who's got the attitude. I care for the welfare of my kids, I won't support them to do what's wrong. This guy is right for Angela, and as a caring mother, I support him, their relationship," Felicia said.

"That's preposterous mum," Steven said.
"It's not, mum is absolutely right," Juliet replied.
"Supported," that was Micheal.

***Present***

"I hope our trust in you won't be made into a laughing stock. I hope you will keep up to it," Juliet said.

"I support you, but if I ever discover, ever find out that you're false, a fraud, I will so deal with you. You don't want to be in the black book of an Oyedele," Micheal said.

"Goodness gracious, just because a nobody called Richard is in love and in a relationship with Angela Oyedele, he's now a specimen that the Oyedele scientist now dissect and study. Give me one reason why I shouldn't believe I'm a celebrity," Richard said and sipped his drink.

"But one thing I know is, this nonsense must stop. It has to stop. I know what to do," he uttered. Micheal and Juliet shrugged in response.
"And if may ask, was this meeting planned?"

"No," Micheal answered.

"Just pure chance," Juliet explained.

The polarized nature of the RichGela relationship continued, drawing reactions and views from diverse quarters. The supporters continued to support, the opposers continued to opposed, the couple continued to stick to each other despite the odds. Richard and Angela's friends weren't left out of the drama. They lent their support.

"Dearest be strong. All this is just a phase. You will emerge victorious," that was Collins.

"Sweetheart, your love will overcome. God is fighting for you," Lisa charged.

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2022
TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION:

What's your take on the RICHGELA relationship, do you think it will scale through the mounting opposition or not and why?

Please don't tell me it will because it's a story so it's bound to have a happy ending, you may be surprised. At times, I can be unpredictable. So give your concrete reasons

Let the discussions flood in

Also, don't forget, "The Most Engaging Member Of The Thread" for the month will be announced on Friday. Another person is about to get a free PDF copy of the book

THANKSY

Yours In Service,
#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:07am On Jan 17, 2022
You can get the book, that's if it's worth your money, on Okadabooks and Amazon. You can get them via;

OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_bridge/45491

AMAZON:
1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MJN9815/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
2.) ASIN (Amazon Book Code): B09MJN9815
Use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon.

My Okadabooks Author Page link:
https://okadabooks.com/user/Xavier5

My Amazon author page link
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B09MKK7SQY?ref_=pe_1724030_132998070

Please do ensure you follow me on those platforms and also leave your review there likewise rate the book.

Please if you've bought the book, for the love of anything you hold dear, ABEG, DON'T POST SPOILERS OR PLAGIARISE MY WORK, otherwise, na lawsuit you go chop, I mean am angry , remember, it's a copyrighted work.

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2022
For those of you purchasing the books, I just want to say, I deeply appreciate, thanks a trillion kiss kiss kiss

Of course, my readers are not left out, you guys rock kiss kiss kiss

Love you all kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 9:13am On Jan 17, 2022
I believe it will scale through because they are both putting efforts to make it work. They really love themselves.

Good morning Xavier.
Good morning everyone.
Good morning my baby @jullyrosy.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:18am On Jan 17, 2022
Carterj007:
I believe it will scale through because they are both putting efforts to make it work. They really love themselves.

Good morning Xavier.
Good morning everyone.
Good morning my baby @jullyrosy.

Boss mi, how was your night wink wink wink

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by slimsophiediva(f): 11:49am On Jan 17, 2022
This relationship of theirs is a tough one, Richard is been to feel like he has an obligation to always act right for Angela
What if they have normal couple misunderstandings, won’t her family start reminding Richard of how he should rate Angela as his savior

So hope they find it easy

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
slimsophiediva:
This relationship of theirs is a tough one, Richard is been to feel like he has an obligation to always act right for Angela
What if they have normal couple misunderstandings, won’t her family start reminding Richard of how he should rate Angela as his savior

So hope they find it easy

Hmmmmmmmmm, a lot has been said in just this few lines

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Vlip42(m): 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
Good job. But I'm f**k** frustrated with this your short update...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story / *****SCENARIO 75***** / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.