Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? (21554 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / Subsidy Removal: Taraba Civil Servants Sell Off Cars / The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by francisbarrack(m): 6:54am On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
The list goes on. Price of fuel in Nigeria is amongst the cheapest in the world rn.

Which of these listed country can u compAre Nigeria with ? If they want to increase d fuel price they should also b prepare to provide jobs n increase salary

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 09, 2021
Gaddafi1:
Obviously fuel subsidy will be removed in 2022 and PMS is expected to be sold at N350 per litter. Nairalanders, how do you plan to cope with this increase considering the fact that income is not going up.
On my side, I had to take a painful decision of trading off my beloved 6 cylinder engine Sienna and got a corolla which consumes less fuel. I can't come and go and kii myself. undecided

Already bought a Peugeot 206 (1.4l) just in case. All other cars/vehicles that I have will be put to use according to necessity.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by michlins(m): 6:55am On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
The list goes on. Price of fuel in Nigeria is amongst the cheapest in the world rn.
what's the minimum wage of the countries you mentioned?

Why do you always enjoy making unnecessary comparison

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by francisbarrack(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2021
Aimasikonicolas:
This is not the time to increase fuel prices now, this administration is hardship

If we hear A.P.C again make we run
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by bisi16(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2021
To think I just sold my corolla m..
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Queenslander(f): 7:01am On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

Why show your stupidity, I simply answered a question and you progress into insults. You think Nigeria as a whole can move forward when majority have this your mentality??
You insensitive asshole, you ward off success at every turn,. it is you who showcased your massive stupidity here,. Not me,.
You answered shit.. pathetic clown,. What are you blabbing about?. Talking about Nigerian mentality? So Nigerians mentality is to suffer and smile?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by soik(m): 7:04am On Dec 09, 2021
Did endsars work? They have free will in taking decisions in Nigeria somehow
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by unitysheart(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2021
Gaddafi1:

Recently, not sure I have seen any mechanic that does that, most prefer to change the engine. Like you said with the rising cost of an engine, some will make a trial. Necessity they say is the...

Mine was done in October.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by yunusabuba(m): 7:06am On Dec 09, 2021
No subsidy removal

2 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by kponkedenge(m): 7:06am On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong

You guys always claim smartness by writing this rubbish, thereby justifying the hardship policies the government is enacting on its citizens.

Of all those countries you wrote up there.... can you compare their standard of living with Nigeria?
Nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Rapture4real(m): 7:08am On Dec 09, 2021
735i:
No government will remove subsidy less than one year to elections.
APC knows they will lose if they try it because the hardship that will come with it will make people ask them to leave even before 2023.
Forget subsidy removal next year.

You are very 100% correct. I've told people, the subsidy will not be removed. Not now.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by CSTRR: 7:09am On Dec 09, 2021
I am more interested in if buhari and apc supporters are going to buy their own at a reduced price by tendering their APC card.

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by CSTRR: 7:11am On Dec 09, 2021
Rapture4real:

You are very 100% correct. I've told people, the subsidy will not be removed. Not now.
It will be removed before buhari leaves office.

If they don't, then it will be removed in the first year of the next apc govt after they have won elections.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by AfonjaConehead: 7:12am On Dec 09, 2021
735i:
APC knows they will lose if they try it because the hardship that will come with it will make people ask them to leave even before 2023.
I think you got it.. I think it's kinda too late for them now..they should've removed it this year but God pass them grin
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Abfinest007(m): 7:12am On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=735i post=108253577]No government will remove subsidy less than one year to elections.
Forget subsidy removal next year.does this apc government look like people that have sense for u
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by RolexOfGeneva(m): 7:12am On Dec 09, 2021
erico2k2:

They will still subsidise it, do not kid yourself, if not petrol will sell above N500.Ask yourself this simple question, where or what country of the world can you land petrol from for N400/ltre. there goes your answer.
Don't even go there. There are many countries that sell fuel for even less than 100 Naira per litre. Question is, are there willing to export? And if they are, will they export for less that 200 per litre?
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by openmine(m): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2021
anifranklyn67:

Minimum wage in your country is mere 18,000-36,000 and you are comparing yourself to countries of almost 500,000naira minimum wage

Even if you are agent to this brainless regime, does that mean you don't have common sense..??

Gentle man you are Fantastically stupid
Some states are not even paying up to the 18k sef

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by ramatintin(m): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
compare the standard of living in the above mentioned countries with Nigeria mind you apart from America the rest don't have crude oil,but petrol is still affordable. So your analogy is void and sentimental.

4 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2021
Hubeznigeria:

Nobody should defend recklessness simply because you want score cheap acceptance.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by JohnOkolo: 7:19am On Dec 09, 2021
erico2k2:

DO not deceive yourself, Subsidy can never be removed! Ask yourself what country of the world can you import fuel from for less than N400

Subsidy is a forgetten issue wake up to the reality today. The new PIA does not give room for subsidy hence it's already null and void in the eyes of the law

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by adedehinbo(m): 7:20am On Dec 09, 2021
735i:
they can bro,don't rule anything out,they might want to do that to frustrate people not to vote for a Southern candidate in their
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Maj196(m): 7:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Don't think too much about it. There's no subsidy removal. We die here
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 09, 2021
Gaddafi1:
Obviously fuel subsidy will be removed in 2022 and PMS is expected to be sold at N350 per litter. Nairalanders, how do you plan to cope with this increase considering the fact that income is not going up.
On my side, I had to take a painful decision of trading off my beloved 6 cylinder engine Sienna and got a corolla which consumes less fuel. I can't come and go and kii myself. undecided
Lol we are in the same group. I’m getting an Honda Civic this weekend. Person need to cut cost in whatever way possible.

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by citywal(m): 7:31am On Dec 09, 2021
It's clear that the OP above is an agent or special advicer to another special advicer that wants to get into our heads. Y'all keep calm n let's see how it plays out, then we make our moves. It's clear this is a setup there are agents here mind how u talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 09, 2021
RichDad1:
There’s not going to be subsidy removal but Petrol price increments.
Quote me anywhere.
cool cool
Yup this is going to happen. Same system happened in 2012/2014. After the protest they’ll call for negotiations and increase the price while still paying for subsidy. But the fact is PRICE WILL INCREASE.

3 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 09, 2021
RichDad1:
There’s not going to be subsidy removal but Petrol price increments.
Quote me anywhere.
cool cool

If the government does that,then they are not serious and they want the private refineries to fail

Oil subsidy has to go..
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by HopeAlive21: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2021
Hope you also remember that we have oil on our land, these neighbours you are talking about don't have.

For a country which this resources at her disposal and fail to do the right thing, it is hypocrisy to support such move.

They should prioritise fixing power supply first, we won't complain.

Benin, Ghana, Cote d'ivoire has steady power supply as far as I know, so buying fuel at a higher price won't be an headache because they don't need to fuel their generators and the likes.... Only cars and big engines for companies.

And to cap it up, their electricity tariff is reasonably cheap based on how steady the power supply is.

I'm just passing by....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Divoc19(f): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2021
APC is just a name.
They will create a NEW party and decamp as usual
735i:

2 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 09, 2021
Viking07:
Yup this is going to happen. Same system happened in 2012/20214. After the protest they’ll call for negotiations and increase the price while still paying for subsidy. But the fact is PRICE WILL INCREASE.

Yes, that is what happened in the past

Government reduces the amount spent on subsides , which manifests as a price increase,which leads to the falseidea that subsidy has gone.

But it hasn't. So long as government sets the prices.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by HopeAlive21: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2021
backbencher:

You are right...

Venezuela N10
Iran : n21
Syria :N88
Angola: n116
Algeria N135
Kuwait: N142
Nigeria: N165 (SIXTH cheapest)

Nigerian neighbors prices of fuel
Benin :N366
Chad : N365
Cameroon: N448
Niger: N370
Ghana: N473.

sauce

Hope you also remember that we have oil on our land, these neighbours you are talking about don't have.

For a country which this resources at her disposal and fail to do the right thing, it is hypocrisy to support such move.

They should prioritise fixing power supply first, we won't complain.

Benin, Ghana, Cote d'ivoire has steady power supply as far as I know, so buying fuel at a higher price won't be an headache because they don't need to fuel their generators and the likes.... Only cars and big engines for companies.

And to cap it up, their electricity tariff is reasonably cheap based on how steady the power supply is.

I'm just passing by....

3 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by toprealman: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2021
erico2k2:

DO not deceive yourself, Subsidy can never be removed! Ask yourself what country of the world can you import fuel from for less than N400
Most countries are tackling their energy demands very well. This question should be restructured.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? / Tips To Prevent Snakes From Entering Your Car / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.