Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,720 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? (21557 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / Subsidy Removal: Taraba Civil Servants Sell Off Cars / The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Crystalom3(m): 10:33am On Dec 09, 2021
HenryDion:

It takes someone like you to come out, to surrender himself as sacrifice and protest. Come out and lead it, not sit behind a keyboard spewing hogwash for spewing sake. Wtf man! Lead the cause man, and we'll follow you ...
no sir, it takes a ready people to change.

How do you unchain people who are not even aware of the chains? How do you tell Nigerians that they deserve better when all they want to do is prove that they can survive the worst situation?

Look around you, our culture is not one to seek better lives but to tell others how strong we are by adapting.

We don't need 24/7 power supply, we actually need poor power supply to boast our morale. We need higher fuel and food prices to show how strong we are.

Nigerians are lazy and that's the truth. In any nation where there's a change in policy, the question is not how do we adapt, the question is always how do we make them change this policy or better still, how do we make them augment?

But not Nigeria, in Nigeria it's the more lazy approach of how do I suffer more to accommodate the changes?

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Demosolar: 10:34am On Dec 09, 2021
Nigerians will survive under any condition.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:35am On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
The list goes on. Price of fuel in Nigeria is amongst the cheapest in the world rn.

I don't like quoting people here but I just had to this, you shouldn't be saying this now please, do you how much is been paid for labour in these countries u mentioned here

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by tofolo(m): 10:39am On Dec 09, 2021
Gaddafi1:

We don't have subsidy in 2022 budget so its illegal for government to continue subsidizing the product. Better to prepare for the worse situation. Who ever thought that the price of fuel will increase to N165/liter.
We also don't have provision for the 5k for 40m Nigerians also besides we have what is called supplementary budget. It will be hard for subsidy to go next year.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Gaddafi1: 10:45am On Dec 09, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

You're either one of the paid agents of this devilish government that have been assigned to sample people's opinions regarding the subject matter or you're just one of the many gullible Nigerians who don't ask questions but quickly key in to wicked government policies and adapt to their excruciating pains !

If you must know,Nigerians are not preparing for any non existing, wicked subsidy removal and that's because such wicked move at this period will be resisted by the people ! Buhari can try us;#endsars will be a child's play ! Why are Nigerians this gullible ? How many time is this evil government of Buhari actually going to remove the so called subsidy ? Perhaps,we need to remind some of you gullible Nigerians that subsidy removal was given as an excuse by the present administration to arrive at the present price of N165.00 per litre ! So which subsidy is Mr Buhari planning to remove again ?

Op,if you like you can sell off all your properties to prepare for the dubious subsidy removal; na your own palava be that ! As for the people,that nonsense will be fiercely resisted !

I am not a paid agent but only a commoner trying to survive in a harsh and tough country. No one will ever pray for subsidy removal knowing the negative impact associated with it.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by freshkpomo(m): 11:01am On Dec 09, 2021
backbencher:

Moving the posts are we?

1.Minimum wages
GHANA: 213000
Benin : 28000
Ivory Coast: 43,000 naira approx
Nigeria 30000 naira

2.vALUE OF CURRENCY

cfa (IVORY COAST, BENIN)
1 DOLLAR =578 cfa (cfa is heavily subsided by France, mind).

Cedi (Ghana)
1 dollar = 6.14 cedis.

Nigeria
1 dollar=408 naira.

3.Number of people living below the poverty line

Benin:38.5%
Ghana: 11.2%( if poverty is defined as living below 1.90 dollars a day) 55.0% (IF POVERTY is defined as living below 5.50 dollars a day)
Ivory Coast: 39.5 %
Nigeria: 43%

This guy just dumb walai, see dead countries you dey take rate Nigeria. Sorry for the insult o, but you are dumb and deserve to be stoned to death for the Analysis above. So Na these small countries Giant of Africa want come dey look dey take step?

A country like Nigeria that ought to be rated high just like Singapore and China suddenly starts looking up to 3rd world countries, last last you deserve all the insults I gave you, I take back my apology brother when mumu.

3 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Alba3: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

I think you got it.. I think it's kinda too late for them now..they should've removed it this year but God pass them grin

The pressure is coming mainly from the governors (APC, PDP & APGA), they're not giving up, they want more allocations and the Fed government cherished the idea. However, people's purchasing power is very low coupled with inflation and high food prices, it's going to be very difficult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2021
freshkpomo:

This guy just dumb walai, see dead countries you dey take rate Nigeria. Sorry for the insult o, but you are dumb and deserve to be stoned to death for the Analysis above. So Na these small countries Giant of Africa want come dey look dey take step?

Well, you asked, and I gave you the answers to your questions.

Yes, we are as poor as many African countries, and yes, I have held that view for over 10 years. Sad, but that's the truth. And yes I consider it a disgrace, and I consider this current government a failure for doing nothing about it.

For a reason why we are poor , see here

A country like Nigeria that ought to be rated high just like Singapore and China suddenly starts looking up to 3rd world countries, last last you deserve all the insults I gave you, I take back my apology brother when mumu.

China and Singapore export a lot of industrial goods and products. Nigeria only exports oil , and imports a lot of things from other countries, including the same China self.

China went from being behind Sierra leone in 1973, to being a lender to most African countries because they grasped that strong and rich countries are industrial countries.

Nigeria exports and relies on income from oil, and in times past agric, minerals, etc. Where we are poor is because we don't set the prices of what we export. China can set the prices of what it exports (and before them , Japan and many European countries, USA included)..WHICH is why they are rich as rich can be

(China has a tax to gdp ratio of 22.1%, Singapore 13.3%, Nigeria, 6.1%)

Till we start exporting finished industrial goods and services, and become more and more industrial, then I can say we can compare ourselves to China and Singapore, and even Japan, Germany and USA.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by freshkpomo(m): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2021
backbencher:

Well, you asked, and I gave you the answers to your questions.

Yes, we are as poor as many African countries, and yes, I have held that view for over 10 years. Sad, but that's the truth. And yes I consider it a disgrace, and I consider this current government a failure for doing nothing about it.

For a reason why we are poor , see here

China and Singapore export a lot of industrial goods and products. Nigeria only exports oil , and imports a lot of things from other countries, including the same China self.

China went from being behind Sierra leone in 1973, to being a lender to most African countries because they grasped that strong and rich countries are industrial countries.

Nigeria exports and relies on income from oil, and in times past agric, minerals, etc. Where we are poor is because we don't set the prices of what we export. China can set the prices of what it exports (and before them , Japan and many European countries, USA included)..WHICH is why they are rich as rich can be

(China has a tax to gdp ratio of 22.1%, Singapore 13.3%, Nigeria, 6.1%)

Till we start exporting finished industrial goods and services, and become more and more industrial, then I can say we can compare ourselves to China and Singapore, and even Japan, Germany and USA.

You are funny bro, what about our Gold in Zamfara? Can't it be exported too? Let's forget about Agriculture, let's talk about livestock, do you know how many well packaged smoke fish leave the shores of Nigeria annually? We have not talked about ornamental wildlife and aquatic creatures.

Do you know how much China generate on pearls only? Stop defending evil, it's bad. Our leaders are not removing subsidy because they care for gbe country, if they did they will begin by slashing their fat salaries.

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 09, 2021
freshkpomo:

You are funny bro, what about our Gold in Zamfara? Can't it be exported too? Let's forget about Agriculture, let's talk about livestock, do you know how many well packaged smoke fish leave the shores of Nigeria annually? We have not talked about ornamental wildlife and aquatic creatures.

It can be exported, but here is the problem

The gold is never at the price we want it internationally....same for smoked fish

We also don't produce it at the amount that would sustain us.

Even if we mass produced gold at the level of say South Africa...the price will falll, and we would be broke again.

That's why Nigeria should use it raw materials to produce consumer goods for the world...that's what serious countries do.

Modified

As for smoked fish...other countries have fisheries industries that are not only mechanized, but produce far more fish than we do. Who are we going to export to?

Do you know how much China generate on pearls only? Stop defending evil, it's bad. Our leaders are not removing subsidy because they care for gbe country, if they did they will begin by slashing their fat salaries.

[/quote]

Well, most of China's export is from industrial goods and services, not just from pearls.

China exports a lot of consumer electronics (eg television= five of the world's top 7 tv producers are Chinese, laptops, cellphones, etc etc).

The fact is bad leadership is why we are not like China...an exporter of large amounts of industrially produced goods and services. We are a over importer of things that we even produce at home.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:40am On Dec 09, 2021
Gaddafi1:

My grand mother was asked me... 'Are you sure God is not tired of this country' grin

Lol!

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Munzy14(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2021
Gaddafi1:

The country has thought us some lessons, I won't wait until my account is red to take a decision. cry
Truth...I won't be caught unawares...Seriously saving now to strengthen business from next month...With buhari APC don't expect good..It gets worst.

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by VULCAN(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2021
Some people believe they are intelligent yet all they can do is regurgitate govt statements!

Can you tell me which one of these countries has the official minimum wage @$50? Unofficial even less!

Can you tell me which one of these countries has the highest number of Extremely Poor People in the World?

Can you tell us which one of these countries has refineries that DO NOT FUNCTION?

Can you tell us which of these countries do the citizens depend on petrol based generators for their energy needs?

taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
The list goes on. Price of fuel in Nigeria is amongst the cheapest in the world rn.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by DAVE5(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2021
Mko123:
When the going get tough, the tough reciprocate back. Let him do his worse so that we can know that he ended with the way he started

Maybe then, Nigerians would learn

It’s good the way things are going, we must learn
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by BABANGBALI: 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
We die here!
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by BABANGBALI: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
chrisxxx:
There is no subsidy anywhere....Buhari 2012
buhari na scam from his mother’s womb
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
Slickest:
Me I'll start yahoo
Me too.. seriously considering it,I can't come and kill myself

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by 0taPiaPia(m): 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong

Fuel in Nigeria ought to be cheap cause electricity isn't constant or non existent in some areas.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
Military0001:
Bubu sha!!! He really came to bestow hardship on Nigerians, however, Oluwa no go disappoint sha bcux whether Bubu likes or not I go dey enjoy dey go.

Allow me to enjoy myself?
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by taylormed2(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
grossintel:
Your brain is retarded. Look at the countries your comparing with Nigerian. A litter of fuel is a dollar in USA, a country where people earn at least $150 per day. With $50 you can get 50 litters of fuel that could last you for 2 weeks if you commute daily. That’s nothing compared to their $2000, $4000 and above monthly income.

Then you think it’s cheap compared to Nigerian? If fuel sells at 350 that means it would cost you around 50k to fuel your car monthly if you communicate daily and that’s not considering traffic and your type of engine. How much do the average Nigerian earn? Shame on you !
I never knew Nigerians were this dumb. Look at what the person asked before I answered. The person said no country sells fuel at #400 that is not true. Where did I say Nigeria is equivalent to them in pay?? Na una de quote sentence as it is and not in context. Price of fuel in Cameroon, Ghana, Chad, Niger is higher than Nigeria too. We don't want to pay more, but we expect to receive more??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by taylormed2(m): 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2021
0taPiaPia:

Fuel in Nigeria ought to be cheap cause electricity isn't constant or non existent in some areas.
I understand that point. You are the first sensible person in my mentions that actually wanted to reason.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
JohnOkolo:

Subsidy is a forgetten issue wake up to the reality today. The new PIA does not give room for subsidy hence it's already null and void in the eyes of the law
You are missing the point, do you think anyone can buy Petrol for N600/ltr??
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
RolexOfGeneva:

Don't even go there. There are many countries that sell fuel for even less than 100 Naira per litre. Question is, are there willing to export? And if they are, will they export for less that 200 per litre?
Ok I challenge you to name just 10 PLEASE!
PS DO not name those that are o n Subsidy like us<
I am waiting.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
backbencher:

Maybe, knowing what this government has done in the past.

But this time, the government is running out of money big time. Rumors are afoot that there may be salary delays next month, and so forth.

Removing the subsidy completely may be the only way to free money up.
Why do you think Venezuela flamed up??
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2021
tempusfugit:
you know why Europeans don't buy cars with big engine, because petrol is very expensive!!!!
We buy cars with Big Engines, talking like that is a myth. It all depends on preference and pocket. Saying Europeans drive small engines is just a general term which isn't true these days' have a 2ltr BMW I drive now and I have had a V6 RRS I drove for years. The ratio of wages is reflective to how you spend on Energy. In Nigeria, that logic defies economics.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
Your lot like to just post Rubbish, you typed names of Countries why did you not put the Pump Price for example the Pump Price of PMS in Hong Kong is above $2.00 and France is $1.8 as we speak are you high on something ? and you are here typing misleading statements, I dont know why yah do this to yourselves.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
I just checked 6 Dumbasszzzzz people actually liked your POST cool cool
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
RichDad1:

You know what’s up.
Yeh bro, they aint have a clue, No FG is brave to remove Subsidy unless our refineries start working at 100% and our power stations fulfil our energy needs in as much that we do not run generators no more.Tis is not rocket science, These illexposed youths we have in Nairaland have no clue of how much petrol cost abroad cos if they do then they will quickly realize that pump price will nearly hit N700 to N1000 per litre.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
Gaddafi1:

We don't have subsidy in 2022 budget so its illegal for government to continue subsidizing the product. Better to prepare for the worse situation. Who ever thought that the price of fuel will increase to N165/liter.
N165 and N500 is a massive difference, your wages cannot hold such Economic down turn, That will be an Economic suicide for any one who tries it.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
erico2k2:

Why do you think Venezuela flamed up??

Usually, the answer is 'evil western sanctions', but Venezuela's problems go much deeper than that

Venezuela is reliant on oil, and subsidizes everything using the same oil revenue...so when oil prices crash, Venezuela is in crisis. (They were in a dire state in the 1980's when oil crashed then..and the government was pro pro USA.

A good book that tells the whole story is Crude Nation How oil riches ruined Venezuela by Raul Gallegos.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
backbencher:

Usually, the answer is 'evil western sanctions', but Venezuela's problems go much deeper than that

Venezuela is reliant on oil, and subsidizes everything using the same oil revenue...so when oil prices crash, Venezuela is in crisis. (They were in a dire state in the 1980's when oil crashed then..and the government was pro pro USA.

A good book that tells the whole story is Crude Nation How oil riches ruined Venezuela by Raul Gallegos.
If you summarise all what you wrote its simply put, they were over dependant on OIL, The next factor was corruption same as Nigeria, the problem of subsidy is not the amount spent rather the corruption involved.
Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by tempusfugit: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lol abeg go sit down one place abeg I nor ready for argument
erico2k2:

We buy cars with Big Engines, talking like that is a myth. It all depends on preference and pocket. Saying Europeans drive small engines is just a general term which isn't true these days' have a 2ltr BMW I drive now and I have had a V6 RRS I drove for years. The ratio of wages is reflective to how you spend on Energy. In Nigeria, that logic defies economics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? / Tips To Prevent Snakes From Entering Your Car / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.