Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) (56835 Views)

TASUED Closes School Over Clash Between Cultists And Host Community / Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / A Man Withdraws His Child From School Because Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by juman(m): 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
Boarding house has been hell forever.
In mid 80s, some wicked seniors always disturb us the juniors to off all our clothes and flogged us in the middle of the night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by TuFab(f): 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
God bless you for being proactive and saving that innocent child from an untimely Rip.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by IMASTEX: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Waakanda:
Now that's a concerned parent who took necessary action. You did well.
Exactly, they were very observant to notice the behavioral changes even before the worse happen. I can't imagine myself not discussing about school activities with my kids irrespective of whether I travel. And of course, boarding isn't my thing because I strongly believe there should be a unique role from parents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by yusluvad(m): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
gentle136:
Very good action.

Some of these problems na we parents dey cause them! We fail to observe, give listening hear or even pay attention to our God given children. It's only when we give them time to confide in us we get to know about things they are going through.

Dear parents, we need to be very heedful of our kids.
Honestly, no truer words have been said. Apt...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by iamkneeyi: 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
I didn't waste time to withdraw my son from a particular sch....when I discovered each time he comes home... He is either injured or sick..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Talawaka: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
OssyMalik:
Boarding schools have turned to home for children from dysfunctional homes. They go to boarding schools and become violent against well trained kids.

Say NO to boarding schools!!!

Yours is one of the most candid remarks I have read on this subject.

Now while I won't go as far as to call for a ban on boarding schools, I believe the sector needs to be better regulated by licensing authorities. Too many of these schools focus inordinately on the generation of revenue, over and above the welfare of the students they enroll - and this has to stop.

Nigeria needs an Education Inspectorate that is fit for purpose.
No child should ever be made to feel unsafe in a learning environment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Frty: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
YorubaIsCursed:
Yoruba kids self cry angry
are you sick
Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Masterito(m): 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
This is a norm in almost every boarding school. I and my siblings went to different boarding schools and we all experienced it.
Shetemi12:
If this is really the normal norm in the school, the school leadership should be arrested and prosecuted. All reasonable parents should withdraw their children from the school and Ministry of Education should go to other boarding house and talk to those seniors because that's the thread in boarding house. Na who Dem catch be thief!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by ablejesus26(m): 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
It's part of our society,let's do better to make quick decisions in securing our kids from the hands of this children from hell that are breed by careless and I don care attitude parents.

God helps the parents of that child from hell that will try rubbish with my boy�.

Even though I trust my little Tony jar Champion to defend himself.
5years experience in boxing and martial arts no be maimai.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bullying is areal threat these days , especially for the boys.
Its even worse in the so called prestigious schools like the one in Lekki.

Having the money to pay their exorbitant school fees is no guarantee that your wards will be safe.

Remember high school fees never equals sound education.

Education is in character and learning, something we have lost since the establishment of private school. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Timijo(m): 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
I have been saying it, boarding school is not a place to send a child. The evil activities that go on there is more than the activities of witches and wizards when they gather. But careless and laziness parents who want to shift their parental responsibilities to others will not adhere.

I like what the man did. A stitch in time saves nine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
Parents should speak up when things like these happen.

Nawa for Nigerian parents of today, they just want to belong, even when their children are abused by teachers and other students.

There seems to be an unwritten code that it is not cool to complain, some schools will even use instruments of police and court to harass parents from seeking justice too bad.

No more PTA again, such dumb parents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Nicepoker(m): 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
You can't go into that house and come out the same. I went in with a church mind came out a crafty personality grin
Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Timijo(m): 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2021
quentin06:
Parents should speak up when things like these happen.

Nawa for Nigerian parents of today, they just want to belong, even when their children are abused by teachers and other students.

There seems to be an unwritten code that it is not cool to complain, some schools will even use instruments of police and court to harass parents from seeking justice too bad.

No more PTA again, such dumb parents.
A school without a strong PTA should not be considered as a school. It is a cult in disguise because the parents would not have a formidable platform to question the activities of the school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by yanabasee2: 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
Shetemi12:
If this is really the normal norm in the school, the school leadership should be arrested and prosecuted. All reasonable parents should withdraw their children from the school and Ministry of Education should go to other boarding house and talk to those seniors because that's the thread in boarding house. Na who Dem catch be thief!

The bullies will also be withdrawn to other schools and they'll continue there ...

They best way is to set rules that will stop seniors from bullying juniors...

I attended a boarding school and I was asked to do a pick pin on an uncompleted building from 10pm after night devotion to 4am in the morning... After I was mercilessly flocked closed to 100 strokes...

My offence? I called the attention of the ss3 prefect to an ss2 student who wasn't with his devotional items like hymn book, Bible and a rosary... The student was punished, he called his friend who was in ss3 to pay me back in ten folds ...

I was just resuming my ss1 then and I lost my father that same period... My performance was poor and my spirit was killed ...

During when they were given the prefects, the ss2 set... Their overall prefect hated me personally and never sees me without punishing me...

I left the school after third term and never will my child go to boarding school...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Yankee101: 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
Don't put kids in a naija boarding school at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
Timijo:
A school without a strong PTA should not be considered as a school. It is a cult in disguise because the parents would not have a formidable platform to question the activities of the school.

Many private schools of today are without PTA, parents are too busy hustling and acquiring money, school teachers are just baby sitters for their kids.
There is great contempt for any parent who mutes the idea of a PTA, you re seen as jobless, speaking from personal experience.

Its a crime to complain about the school your ward attends, at least here in PH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by otabaotaba: 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2021
No matter how rich I'm, I will never send my children to boarding school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by foreshore(m): 5:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by nickyvil: 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
I went to a boarding school, Igbogbi college, first my senior, the most wicked of them want me to be his school son by force, I told him plain I'm not ready for this , I came to learn, he and his friend always focus their attentions to me and one Sunday's like that while we closed our eyes praying during dinner time, he took my meat and ate it, I looked at him and I nod my head, then I have him in mind and even his mate are afraid of him, as somolu boys I am , to cut the story short on a Sunday Monday back then , they serve us bread and egg, while closing our eyes to pray, I opened one eye, as he wan take the fried egg come for my table, I hold his hand, slapped him and beat him, the senior that joined I started fighting all of them. The rest junior joined and we chased them away I was punished , my father came and caused a lot of wahala for Mr Ojutikwu,the principal and Mr ma mood then, I already told my dad everything and I told my dad I will make sure I stop him cos I no want any school father.

stamapro:
It takes God's grace to survive bulling in school. I was a victim. I did boarding, was bullied by my seniors and class mates just because I was small in size and sharp in brain. I still remember one of such time that I was pushed to the wall by one of the senior, I had to charge back in a face to face fight, all the seniors there were surprised how I brought this bully(their classmate) to the ground. My God I was so furious, I still can't say where the strength came from. That was my saving grace that day. They had to pull me off him. That was the beginning of another night mare for me till I finished secondary school.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Heaven knows my unborn kids will never step foot in any boarding school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by peacettw: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
I think bullying is the norm in most schools and considered a rite of passage for most boarders.

I was bullied and it completely transformed me into the person that I am today, a person who cannot stand any form of bullying and will do anything, anything at all to resist and fight back.

Recently spoke to a teenage boy who was bullied by his teachers! I really don't understand how an adult can bully a child under his care in a mission school.

Interestingly, even as adults, we constantly face one form of bullying or the other from literally anyone in power. Wives are bullied by their husbands/in-laws who in turn bully their maids who bully their employer's kids. It's a vicious world out there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bullying is everywhere, most times it's good to confront it because no matter where he goes he will meet one form of bullying or the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by snoopz: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
There is no boarding school without a bully case, I repeat non
The only difference is the gravity of the bully in each school and how he school is treating each case

We're only hearing this one because the school has failed to address the indiscipline, and it will only continue to grow until it's tackled

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Wchris(m): 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
This is the best thing to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by micflo28(m): 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bullying is everywhere both day and boarding, is just that day you will monitor your child closely. Bullying can happen without the knowledge of school authority, especially if the victim has been threatened with death if he or she reports. The only solution to Bullying is restriction of the senior students from crossing over to the lodges and lecture halls of junior students. CCTV cameras can help to checkmate that too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Donedeal1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
If not for the parental abdication of responsibility how can you dump a child in boarding house even at that formative age,anything they gives you back would definitely be a counterfeit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by aidoko1: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
Boarding school is a place where parents take their uncontrollable and wayward children to, to avoid being killed by those children. When you take your innocent child their you expose them to mortal kombat and shaolin temple football. My elder brother use to eat his food from pot thanks to boarding school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by WarriAproko: 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2021
Was a prefect in boarding school. The highest purnishment is for the junior students to cut grass
Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Rree: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
Oh
Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
Boarding school is a breeding grounds for all forms of negativities, namely gay, sexual corruption, lesbianism etc it's too toxic. In my years in boarding school 15 wicked seniors will take turn to beat us in our room not to talk about every Saturday general beating by different seniors at the assembly. Our housemasters then were next to useless. My kids and my generation yet unborn can never go to a boarding house.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy / Father Emmanuel Edeh Celebrates His 70th Birthday (Photos) / "The Truth About IG Yusuf's Sex Scandal With Grace, 400l IBB University Student"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.