Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Should I Move On? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Move On? (25627 Views)

This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? / How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts / How Do I Move On From My Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move On? by MarveworldG: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2021
Ok

Let's design your home interiors. We have so many design ideas for your home.
Join our whatsapp group where we share trends on interior related design.
This is for prospective homeowners/home owners.
Chat us up on whatsapp +2348 11 98 96 472

1 Like

Re: Should I Move On? by vincentjk(m): 9:35am On Dec 07, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Should I Move On? by chatinent: 9:36am On Dec 07, 2021
So you cannot pay back ₦500k without selling your car?

The story no balance cos I don't see why if you are genuine you wouldn't tell her the truth.

If I hang you for rope now they will say you are in Europe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Move On? by emae009(m): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2021
I don't know how you'll be planning to marry someone and you're competing with the person.
If she dumps you, forget what she did in the past and accept your fault.
What was so shameful about telling her "babe, so and so happened so to protect my integrity, I'll use the cash with me to balance up and refund it later".
She no gree you find another means.

Leave the long epistle bro, you bleep up so face the consequences
Re: Should I Move On? by Loreettaa: 9:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Thank God say no be your woman lie give you. Alpha males for use teeth tear her into pieces.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move On? by Smoketight(m): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Bra are you counting favours? Are you forget about how you forgave her in the past, right now you have to deal with this one, and don't give that you have done some outrageous things too, I forgave and overlooked it, that's a dumb thing to say, allow her to cool off, this nah gurl wey u dey wear back to back, she will come around again,

She has done outrageous things in past which I have overlooked also. I have even resulted maybe she has another person with in Nigeria and I should just move on.

Thanks for your opinions[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move On? by femi4: 9:40am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,
I need your honest opinions about my relationship.

My girlfriend and I have been dating for quite a while but I don't know what is happening at the moment.

The problem is this, we both live in the UK. We have made plans to get married and we have plans to start up a business in Nigeria. The truth is that she kept some money with me and I used it to sort some debts out but was planning to give the money back to her when she is ready to leave for Nieria.

What really happened was that there was a certain money given to me by another to help him send down to Nigeria. Out of trust, I told another friend of mine to handle the transaction but unfortunately it all went sideways. So I had to use the money with me to sort the debt out while I recover the other from my other friend.

My girlfriend has been asking me for the money and I lied to her that it's in my account but there has been sort of a problem with it which she believed. The day she was suppose to go to Nigeria, she still asked about it and she told me if I was busy my friend (she knows the guy) can pick up the money for her because she needs to sort some things out enroute to Nigeria. I called my friend and told him to lie to her that the money is with him and I will know what to tell her till I can recover the money from him.

Later that day, she called me and was crying that I betrayed her. She told me everything that happened to her money which means my friend must have told her. She hung up. I tried calling my friend, he has blocked me. Lots of things were through my mind. Dont know what to do. She sent me a few messages and blocked me on both WhatsApp and via calls. When she got to Nigeria that same day, she unblocked me. She told me I have to pay and I said yes I will. I admitted I lied and I tried to explain to her why I lied. Its been a week. I have tried apologizing twice. She read it and ignored me. I told her send me the account she wants the payment. She didn't reply. Fortunately I have her brother's account number and sent her 70 percent of her money and I sent her the receipt too. I only managed to get that amount after selling my car off with a few gadgets and electronics in my house.

I don't know whether to just forget about her or to wait till when she is ready to talk.

She has done outrageous things in past which I have overlooked also. I have even resulted maybe she has another person with in Nigeria and I should just move on.

Thanks for your opinions
You are the cause of her pain, you also want to dictate how she should react and how long it should be. You're just unreliable and irresponsible. Trust is key in any form of relationship

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move On? by Solofresh2: 9:40am On Dec 07, 2021
Don't disturb her again.let her be for now and if she comes around, never lie to her again.
Proof to her you love her and don't ever lie to her again
Re: Should I Move On? by olatunjithomas(m): 9:41am On Dec 07, 2021
AfroKnight:
Did you type this with a smartphone? undecided Must be a laptop.

No space after full stops. No double-spaced paragraphs.

Guy you dey stress my eye.

Anyway, I forgive you because your proper use of “enroute”. Some people (for reasons best known to their ancestors) omit the preposition “to” when using “enroute” in a sentence.

Now to your story. grin

You don fvck up. You spent her money without her permission. That’s so wrong.

I applaud your efforts at making things right. Do not relent. She would come around, hopefully.

Now you know women do not play with their money. I keep telling you guys, never be financially vulnerable to your woman. If you need financial help, seek it among your buddies or from your mother and maybe your sister, but never your girlfriends. Don’t touch their money.

It's either you're preparing for JAMB or you just took an exam in Use of English.

How dare you correct our OP who lives in UK?!! I mean an English country for that matter.
Is he a joke to you?!
Re: Should I Move On? by DukeNija(m): 9:42am On Dec 07, 2021
Nothing I mean nothing beats trust in a relationship. You my friend are not ready to be married.
Re: Should I Move On? by kponkedenge(m): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I have been dating for quite a while but I don't know what is happening at the moment.

The problem is this, we both live in the UK. We have made plans to get married and we have plans to start up a business in Nigeria. The truth is that she kept some money with me and I used it to sort some debts out but was planning to give the money back to her when she is ready to leave for Nieria.

What really happened was that there was a certain money given to me by another to help him send down to Nigeria. Out of trust, I told another friend of mine to handle the transaction but unfortunately it all went sideways. So I had to use the money with me to sort the debt out while I recover the other from my other friend.

My girlfriend has been asking me for the money and I lied to her that it's in my account but there has been sort of a problem with it which she believed. The day she was suppose to go to Nigeria, she still asked about it and she told me if I was busy my friend (she knows the guy) can pick up the money for her because she needs to sort some things out enroute to Nigeria. I called my friend and told him to lie to her that the money is with him and I will know what to tell her till I can recover the money from him.

Later that day, she called me and was crying that I betrayed her. She told me everything that happened to her money which means my friend must have told her. She hung up. I tried calling my friend, he has blocked me. Lots of things were through my mind. Dont know what to do. She sent me a few messages and blocked me on both WhatsApp and via calls. When she got to Nigeria that same day, she unblocked me. She told me I have to pay and I said yes I will. I admitted I lied and I tried to explain to her why I lied. Its been a week. I have tried apologizing twice. She read it and ignored me. I told her send me the account she wants the payment. She didn't reply. Fortunately I have her brother's account number and sent her 70 percent of her money and I sent her the receipt too. I only managed to get that amount after selling my car off with a few gadgets and electronics in my house.

I don't know whether to just forget about her or to wait till when she is ready to talk.

Thanks for your opinions

Just admit you use her money to play betting and it didn't work.... you have to cut down on your gambling habit bro.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move On? by juniorstar(m): 9:44am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions
Listen and listen Good bros...if you still like your gal do the following
1) explain things to her well
2) tell her it wont repeat itself
3)call her or text her but call first
4 if she ignores you leave it there you have done your part. Let her think about it if she can still forgive you but dont pressurize her too much let her make up her mind if she is still interested but during this phase LOCK UP I REPEAT LOCK UP and as for your friend keep him at arms length thats why i dont keep friends only partners legally spelt out..him fit dey eye your gal like dat..na oppurtunity for am to STAB you in the bag. As for me its would have been better a friend were never born than dem trying such with me.
Re: Should I Move On? by NoFucksToGive: 9:44am On Dec 07, 2021
[s]
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions
[/s]

Seun stop allowing idiots post on your forum.
Re: Should I Move On? by heniford2: 9:46am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions
first avoid that guy or person you called your friend his not ur friend if he can sell u out like this he may do more, two u bleeped up you should have told her what happened so she can start making up backup plans she go vex but she no go kill you na vex oh, 3. next time always plan ahead if she loves you she go come back don't call her again or explain and you should have not sold your car in the first place and deposit money in his brother just be urself if she comes back fine if she no come back move on we have more single ladies ready to accept you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Move On? by ogawisdom(m): 9:48am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions

Ur tenure has ended
Move on if she is no longer interested
Re: Should I Move On? by Kingcalls: 9:48am On Dec 07, 2021
Y u bothered...women do that to guys all the time...infact ur gf must hv done same thing to multiple guys
Re: Should I Move On? by Newboss(m): 9:49am On Dec 07, 2021
Baba move on.

Rule number one: do not beg a woman.

Rule number two: nobody is your friend

1 Like

Re: Should I Move On? by endsarrrs(f): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2021
parzdor:
Ew
I will use BOOGYMAN OLD KALA& blast your right ear. WTF MAN!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move On? by marsup: 9:50am On Dec 07, 2021
First of all, run away from that your friend, he will kill you one day. A friend is supposed to reprimand you when you have done wrong, and not throw you under the bus.
You lied to your girlfriend, and she's hurt, that's understandable. Pay the money, apologize and give her some space, if she still wants to continue, fine, but if not, pls move on and don't repeat the same mistake.

Pls if you are in London, can you help me send some boys to beat up Arteta and Tavares? grin

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move On? by Johel(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions

Abeg gimme your gf let me manage her well since you've failed her.
Re: Should I Move On? by Omicron999: 9:52am On Dec 07, 2021
SkyFlyGang:
Shebi I tell you bros go buy one large pizza extra cheese and pepperoni and one large coke sit down enjoy ur life

No cookies, buffalo wings and ginger bread cheesy
Re: Should I Move On? by TooMuchStuff: 9:53am On Dec 07, 2021
EXLOVER:
What you did was bad, made her lose the trust she had for you, but you did a honourable thing by paying her 70% of the money, try as much as possible to pay her the remain 30%.

Since you've apologize to her, stay calm don't go and be apologizing anyhow like a sisi, if she won't forgive, you should man up and move on, you have done your part, later when you find another girl in the future she will want to create scene but you did apologize.

Most times women finds it hard to forgive, if the reverse was the case, she might not even pay 1% of the debt, and when she apologize, we do forgive them easily.

Bruv just Boss up yourself and Move on.

Na man you be.......!

Clear and Simple

1 Like

Re: Should I Move On? by Oceanblaze(m): 9:54am On Dec 07, 2021
You use the money go play 2 odd ,no just lie,and you give psg straight win.you are a mumu man...
Re: Should I Move On? by tunize(m): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions
Good you apologized is normal to be angry she go forgive you but go and sin no more. Next time no matter how critical the situation is always tell the truth goes a long way in softening things no matter what.
Re: Should I Move On? by larryking540: 9:56am On Dec 07, 2021
your storyline is not straight ,your story says she is living in the uk with you and at the same time when she lives Nigeria
Re: Should I Move On? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 07, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s][/s]

Seun stop allowing idiots post on your forum.

No, it is a good thing the post appeared on this forum so that people can learn a lesson about how lying hurts others.

Check out Reddit's AITA section...lots of similar posts to OP's. Some of the stories there make OP look like a saint self.
Re: Should I Move On? by Mom007(f): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2021
You did wrong bros. Just admit it and give her time to calm down. Also pay up her money in full before trying to apologize. Do better abeg. Times are hard. Never break trust, its harder to rebuild.
Re: Should I Move On? by iamehmakute(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2021
adeniranfam:
You have done well my brother. If i were the one, i will spend the money and still inform her. Girls are found of deceiving us too. Dump her before she dump you

You forget change account/moniker, abi na my eye dey pain me
Re: Should I Move On? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions

1.I am going to be very honest with you

2.You messed up. You should not have used her money to settle your problems. At the very least, you should have informed her and asked her permission, and if she said no, she says no. Yes, good.

3.I don't like the sense of entitlement in your last paragraph...just because she did bad things to me and I forgave her, therefore she must forgive me for this one. That's not how forgiveness works. You don't forgive so that someone would forgive you later on. That's self centered, and very selfish.

Pay her back her money. If she doesn't forgive you, and you are still thinking along the lines of 'she must forgive me because i forgave her'...get an elder to mediate in this matter. If it does not work, maybe you should call off the relationship...because both of you ain't willing to compromise, and to be humble enough to forgive without expecting something in return.
Re: Should I Move On? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Fortunately I have her brother's account number and sent her 70 percent of her money and I sent her the receipt too. I only managed to get that amount after selling my car off with a few gadgets and electronics in my house.

Thanks for your opinions

The bolded is the most important thing bro. You have paid back most of the money and you have corrected any negative impression she might have had of you, don't blame yourself anymore.

Just let her know she will get the remaining soon and don't bother expecting a response from her. Naturally, seeing that you have paid 70% would make her know you've done the right thing, she will come around herself, don't bother chasing her much, paying back is the most important thing...

Next time, just try to be more open and honest about things cos of trust. But don't bother about it much, nobody is perfect and she would be wrong to keep holding on to the past despite ur efforts. All the best bro! cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Move On? by BigYash: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2021
That ur frd,can kill you. He fit don carry ur baby now self. grin If she doesn't want you no more,don't force her. You said she did worst in d past, so make she rest,if she can't forgive. You go sell your car,and gadgets ? You fall my hand with that. Don't sell properties or belonging because of a lady.. E get while o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Cars Or Six Packs? Nigerian Ladies Choose (VIDEO) / Two Teachers Were Having Sex In The School's Staff Room / Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Ugly And Stupid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.