Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Should I Move On? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Move On? (25623 Views)

This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? / How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts / How Do I Move On From My Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move On? by otokx(m): 11:21am On Dec 07, 2021
Pay her the 30% asap.
Re: Should I Move On? by jboycrb(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2021
iamehmakute:
Well the truth was still going to come out eventually. But not from your friend, nigga that ain't a friend you gat . He's a full hairy ass snitch.
About you woman, na lie you lie you no kill person. Give her sometime , if she comes around fine . If she doesn't, then move on! Either ways your sorry ass would have been dumped she was just waiting for a catalyst. If you keep begging you tend to loose value( they're both inversely proportional).

Now you've learnt your lesson, try send her the remaining money.
That your friend,if na me he try am with.the way e go take pay me the money ehn People go thing say na international crime e commit.

For those saying you betrayed her trust this and that, you know how many times the girl don do something equivalent. Read the op's write up again, she sef don f'up at one point or the other. But una no go see that one because na man abi.
Without justifying the op's action, but I sure he understands his girlfriend better than anyone of us. Reason why he opted to lie in order to buy his friend enough time.
I've had a first hand experience so I can relate to the op's decision and action.

Like I said earlier, you don beg am already . Just try balance up, because e no dey hard for woman to call us irresponsible man.

U just nailed it, Nah Man u be.
Re: Should I Move On? by goody234: 11:24am On Dec 07, 2021
Grow up ..immature idiot
Re: Should I Move On? by Divinefavour1: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2021
The truth you should have told her (just one person) is what you are now telling everyone.

Keep apologizing to her and pay up as soon as possible.

She is likely going to come back.

All the best bro.
Re: Should I Move On? by Badguy77(m): 11:31am On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=Smoothbabykong post=10827559

She has done outrageous things in past which I have overlooked also. I have even resulted maybe she has another person with in Nigeria and I should just move on.

Thanks for your opinions[/quote]

Remind her of some of the things she did and let her know how u over looked her...Na so women be no reason if she has somebody in nigeria, she cant leave u and come to naija and marry another man..Women love the good life
Re: Should I Move On? by Coldie(m): 11:32am On Dec 07, 2021
Say the truth what did u do with that money
Re: Should I Move On? by jaxxy(m): 11:38am On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,
I need your honest opinions about my relationship.

My girlfriend and I have been dating for quite a while but I don't know what is happening at the moment.

The problem is this, we both live in the UK. We have made plans to get married and we have plans to start up a business in Nigeria. The truth is that she kept some money with me and I used it to sort some debts out but was planning to give the money back to her when she is ready to leave for Nieria.

What really happened was that there was a certain money given to me by another to help him send down to Nigeria. Out of trust, I told another friend of mine to handle the transaction but unfortunately it all went sideways. So I had to use the money with me to sort the debt out while I recover the other from my other friend.

My girlfriend has been asking me for the money and I lied to her that it's in my account but there has been sort of a problem with it which she believed. The day she was suppose to go to Nigeria, she still asked about it and she told me if I was busy my friend (she knows the guy) can pick up the money for her because she needs to sort some things out enroute to Nigeria. I called my friend and told him to lie to her that the money is with him and I will know what to tell her till I can recover the money from him.

Later that day, she called me and was crying that I betrayed her. She told me everything that happened to her money which means my friend must have told her. She hung up. I tried calling my friend, he has blocked me. Lots of things were through my mind. Dont know what to do. She sent me a few messages and blocked me on both WhatsApp and via calls. When she got to Nigeria that same day, she unblocked me. She told me I have to pay and I said yes I will. I admitted I lied and I tried to explain to her why I lied. Its been a week. I have tried apologizing twice. She read it and ignored me. I told her send me the account she wants the payment. She didn't reply. Fortunately I have her brother's account number and sent her 70 percent of her money and I sent her the receipt too. I only managed to get that amount after selling my car off with a few gadgets and electronics in my house.

I don't know whether to just forget about her or to wait till when she is ready to talk.

She has done outrageous things in past which I have overlooked also. I have even resulted maybe she has another person with in Nigeria and I should just move on.

Thanks for your opinions

I can understand why she blocked u and that’s cos she was upset hearing u lied bt I can’t understand why ur supposed friend blocked u even after snitching. Lol shocked

Is he a friend or a foe? He was responsible for the business going south and yet told on u to ur gf and blocked u?? undecided

Something isn’t right here.

Let her know it wasn’t an intentional thing bt cos of an issue which ure sorting out. If she loves u she will get back to u when she cools off.
Re: Should I Move On? by samuelson06(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Self inflicted-you are a bloody liar.

If you lie once, then you create other lies to cover the first lie.

In your short statement here, you lied to your fiancé more than 5x.

How many more lies have you told her?

I'd never have anything to do with a chronic liar. If I were the girl, I'd leave him and never return.
Re: Should I Move On? by iamehmakute(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
tammie24:
good job!

Thanks man, respect to you for the compliment.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move On? by Hayee(f): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
Bro code indeed that your friend is evil angry angry angry

Girls see why I said men like gold diggers cheesy cheesy cheesy

The lady decided to be a supportive girlfriend and he took negative advantage of that grin grin cheesy

You might have financial problems but is it not right to ask her first before touching her money at least the love she has for you will make her assist you na wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Move On? by iamehmakute(m): 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2021
jboycrb:

U just nailed it, Nah Man u be.

The truth doesn't have to be made complex.
May your shoulders continually stand tall.
Re: Should I Move On? by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I have been dating for quite a while but I don't know what is happening at the moment.

The problem is this, we both live in the UK. We have made plans to get married and we have plans to start up a business in Nigeria. The truth is that she kept some money with me and I used it to sort some debts out but was planning to give the money back to her when she is ready to leave for Nieria.

What really happened was that there was a certain money given to me by another to help him send down to Nigeria. Out of trust, I told another friend of mine to handle the transaction but unfortunately it all went sideways. So I had to use the money with me to sort the debt out while I recover the other from my other friend.

My girlfriend has been asking me for the money and I lied to her that it's in my account but there has been sort of a problem with it which she believed. The day she was suppose to go to Nigeria, she still asked about it and she told me if I was busy my friend (she knows the guy) can pick up the money for her because she needs to sort some things out enroute to Nigeria. I called my friend and told him to lie to her that the money is with him and I will know what to tell her till I can recover the money from him.

Later that day, she called me and was crying that I betrayed her. She told me everything that happened to her money which means my friend must have told her. She hung up. I tried calling my friend, he has blocked me. Lots of things were through my mind. Dont know what to do. She sent me a few messages and blocked me on both WhatsApp and via calls. When she got to Nigeria that same day, she unblocked me. She told me I have to pay and I said yes I will. I admitted I lied and I tried to explain to her why I lied. Its been a week. I have tried apologizing twice. She read it and ignored me. I told her send me the account she wants the payment. She didn't reply. Fortunately I have her brother's account number and sent her 70 percent of her money and I sent her the receipt too. I only managed to get that amount after selling my car off with a few gadgets and electronics in my house.

I don't know whether to just forget about her or to wait till when she is ready to talk.

Thanks for your opinions
Wait for her small.... Her anger go soon quench
Re: Should I Move On? by divinitybillz(m): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
Well its nothing that can't be forgiven, una go dey alright Las Las. grin grin
Re: Should I Move On? by StreetFight: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nigga, move on. No time to waste time. She too has made some mistakes in the past. Move on my Nigga.

But, try and me straight forward, you will gain a lot.
Re: Should I Move On? by Silentgroper(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
AfroKnight:
Did you type this with a smartphone? undecided Must be a laptop.

No space after full stops. No double-spaced paragraphs.

Guy you dey stress my eye.

Anyway, I forgive you because of your proper use of “enroute”. Some people (for reasons best known to their ancestors) omit the preposition “to” when using “enroute” in a sentence.

Now to your story. grin

You don fvck up. You spent her money without her permission. That’s so wrong.

I applaud your efforts at making things right. Do not relent. She would come around, hopefully.

Now you know women do not play with their money. I keep telling you guys, never be financially vulnerable to your woman. If you need financial help, seek it among your buddies or from your mother and maybe your sister, but never your girlfriends. Don’t touch their money.
But wen d girlfriend needs financial help, who does she go to for help?
Re: Should I Move On? by ModelLook(m): 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
Wait o...is it that you guys can not handle your personal issues yourselves. Always indecisive and wanting opinions of total strangers who don't even care about you. I just weak.
Re: Should I Move On? by OHIGGI: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2021
guy you fuckup by lieing but that your friend is not a friend
Re: Should I Move On? by InvertedHammer: 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions
/
As difficult as life in UK is? You let her travel without the money?

I think she is the biggest F00L that ever exists if she talks to you again. Toxic wastes like you must be avoided at all cost.
/

1 Like

Re: Should I Move On? by Blackdisciple(m): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
Why would you lie to her, if you have Open up to her from onset this wouldn't be happening.

If a girl should keep cash with you it's out of trust and u just betrayed that trust not by using the money for something but by lying to her .

Talking her out of this might cause you your relationship if care is not taken.
Re: Should I Move On? by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
Ensure you pay your debt, then move on. She will likely use this against you for the rest of your life.
Re: Should I Move On? by WoundedLamb: 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
I don't know if people have the slightest idea how lies can impact a relationship even after they've been forgiven. OP, total honesty should be the only tool at your disposal now even if it doesn't get you anything. Further lies and/or manipulations wouldn't help your case. It's up to the lady to decide what she can put up with.

No one is saying "fear men". Can we be giving ladies advice like this too? Acknowledge thier mistakes, criticise them where necessary, encourage and suggest a way forward to them just like I'm reading here? That would be better than "she's olosho!", "you belong to the streets", "that gender is evil", "fear women", etc.
Re: Should I Move On? by AfroKnight: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2021
Silentgroper:
But wen d girlfriend needs financial help, who does she go to for help?

I believe that’s her personal problem.
Re: Should I Move On? by Ladycewhy(f): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
I am more concerned about the kind of friends you seem to be attracting undecided. One defrauds you the other snitches on you. Guy go wash your head with coconut water undecided, you dey carry shlt wey dey attract flies.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move On? by AfroKnight: 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
olatunjithomas:

It's either you're preparing for JAMB or you just took an exam in Use of English.

How dare you correct our OP who lives in UK?!! I mean an English country for that matter.
Is he a joke to you?!

Sorry sir. No vex. He corrected himself though.
Re: Should I Move On? by snoopz: 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2021
Perfect example of a man blocking his easy way of out Nigeria
Re: Should I Move On? by Hkff: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Should I Move On? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions
this story is very complicated. and, You should have sold those things earlier to clear up the debt .

hope things work out sha...
Re: Should I Move On? by Billionairebarb(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
I salute your uprightness in proving your remorsefulness by sending her the money even when she had tried to evade receiving the payment you still paid her my all means.

Now consider these: if she truly loves you, this simple act of responsibility will disannul the betraying lies you told and she will come to realize that you never wanted to dupe her to start with.
Another supposed sad scenario, sending it to her brother could mean the money has entered another wrong hand and if she's mean, you have to pay twice
Re: Should I Move On? by MarketDispatch: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Er girlfriend and I have been dating for quite a
Thanks for your opinions

You dey lie for Naija, you still carry your lie lie go UK...its in you like Peak milk.

Pay up her money
Re: Should I Move On? by blamingthedevil: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Smoothbabykong:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions
Re: Should I Move On? by zanshi: 10:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
You go dey collect money from woman, i will rather drink gutter cocktail

I fit give them and over look but collect from them?

Ewo orisa
Re: Should I Move On? by Natemrwiz: 7:29am On Dec 10, 2021
Learn to always say the truth , it'll help save your next relationship forget about her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Ugly And Stupid? / Why Men Cheat / Two Teachers Were Having Sex In The School's Staff Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.