Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,641 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52395 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by rollout40(m): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2008
Please anybody can i get the dumps for Oracle 10g exams? My email is rollout40@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by owumatosa(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2008
it would been better if you had little maners.sorry if entered the wrong place,its becos i'm on forums and i only wanted to share my sweet story
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2008
Is anyone here already using 11g? i heard that DB is something else
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by LeMoor(m): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2008
And thus signifies the death of what I hoped would be a great thread,

cry cry
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2008
@Le Moor
Where have you been?I have been taking my hands-on class for the OCP's and i have been pretty busy with it.I hope your DB is giving you less drama how did the last one go?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2008
hey guys,been away for a while,does anyone know if the dumps for OCP have changed?about to do mine,and also are there any sandboxes online that you could log on to and practice?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by deebsman1(m): 12:42am On Aug 07, 2008
@jimblaze
it's like i heard from someone that it's changed.so take your time 2 look d 4 latest.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Blackman75(m): 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2008
My name is Adeleye Michael. I'm studying for ORACLE 10g OCA and OCP on my own at home. I would appreciate ebooks, brain dumps suggestions and advices from any one who have take the exam before, either trained on your own or otherwise. Pls Don't blame me , I would like to register for training at any of the BIG IT training centers in the country but I'm ekeing out my living from hand to mouth and I seriously believe I CAN PASS. I can be reached at "deovolente2000@gmail.com".
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
@Blackman
I dont think you have a choice especially when you want to write your OCP's you need to go to a certified Oracle University.There is nothing stopping you from reading for your OCA's at home though but try and get an instructor there are a lot of things that might take you months to understand on your own that a good instructor will explain to you in an instant

deebsman1:

@jimblaze
it's like i heard from someone that it's changed.so take your time 2 look d 4 latest.
Thats bad news ooh anyway we would get around
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by simsind: 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2008
Hey! guy am just joining this forum, and i love your line of discussion, i mean ORACLE. Well am still also learning
but i thing i can contribute my quarter. But in will like the the forum to take each ideas into serious practice before trowing it to the house,
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Derby: 12:54am On Aug 12, 2008
GO TO http://pass4sure.smfforfree2.com AND[b] TALK ONLY ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS GO REGISTER THERE NOW I HV REGISTED[/b]
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2008
hello fellows long time,Le moor where are you? grin
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2008
@jimblaze
Whats good man?I got to ask you something i am having troubles accessing my performance and administration pages have you had such experience before?Are you done with your OCP's?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by mait(m): 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2008
Hello,
Pls is there anyone with informs on registering for OCM in the fellowing countries uk and canada.Ur help will be highly appericiated.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2008
@A-40 how r u?long time,well i havent had such problems b4, i wonder wat could be wrong?anyway i am doing mu ocp nextweek,hope u are well
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by mait(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2008
Jimblaze all de best in ur OCP exams.Welcome 2 de club in advance. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by LeMoor(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hi Jim Blaze,

I have been quite busy. I promise to hang around a bit more
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
@Jimblaze
Yeah thanks.School exams dey hold me i am supposed to have written mine i got to wait till the end of next month because i have put my Oracle books aside temporarily! its probably my OS thats acting up

@Le Moor
Did you get my email? seems you have been real busy
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 12:58am On Sep 20, 2008
Where are the DBA's are we gonna let this thread just die like that?Na wa ooh
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by EDIPO(m): 2:05am On Sep 20, 2008
hi guys,

i am also reading alone and would like to take my OCA pretty soon.

got probs with my em. it keeps asking for os and em credentials, i go ahead to supply the info and returns a kind of java thread error?

what do you guys think?

sad
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by LeMoor(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2008
A-40:

Where are the DBA's are we going to let this thread just die like that?Na wa ooh
A-40, Jimblaze,
I am here. I had hoped this thread would be kind off different where we could share ideas, on real life experiences, and problems and discuss resolutions. If possible Network at helping each other become better DBA's. But it has descended into a market for dumps and deviated from what initially drew me to the thread.

That is why I haven't been posting for a while.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 6:37am On Sep 22, 2008
@Le Moor
Its the nature of NL there are alot of unserious elements here they are better ignored cos we up and coming DBA's could use some tips and hints from experienced folks like you

PS:Did you get my emails?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by tonak(m): 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2008
hi all,pls can anyone help me configure enterprise manager in oracle 10g,been having serious problems with it,iv supplied the correct credentials for the os and user but it keeps complaining of wrong user password.anyone pls.tanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by LeMoor(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2008
For Oracle Enterprise manager, the account owner is the sysman account. So you need to log into the database as the sysman owner and do an alter user sql.
'alter user sysman
identified by.'new password'

Then log into Enterprise Manager Using the new password you set. You can the use sysman to grant privs to other users on the database

p.s, mention in future posts, mention you oracle version and os version. There are usually subtle differences that could affect what you do on the database.

A40, I got the email, but i have been very busy. Our project went live in August and we had a 3week stabilization period. So we just got out of that. That is why I havent responded. Please send the email again and i will address it,

Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2008
@Le Moor
Sounds nice so what precisely was the project on? what type of application did you guys work on?

I will resend the message.Thanks for your time
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by LeMoor(m): 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2008
Its an online ecommerce software called ATG. The organization decided to deploy a new application to handle its transactions. The project had been on going for the past 2yrs, and it was quite challenging because the ATG software was virgin terrain for most of us.
We already had the application in dev and qa environments for a while. But the cutover date when everyone started using the new one was in August.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2008
Sounds like a pretty massive project so did you have to integrate your DB's withany program codes and stuff? what does ATG actually stand for?
Pardon my questions
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by saesha: 7:06am On Oct 02, 2008
hi i m amit,
i m planning to do oracle 10g oca so can anyone tell frm where shuld i get books or notes.
and if possible also site frm where i can get dumps also
thnku
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by okogasir(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2008
@amit
check www.giuciao.com for any e-books on earth.
i think u shouldnt border about dumps. learn ORACLE first.

any other problem
okogasir@yahoo.com

07031127877 (disposable line if AAA issues arise)
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ETLDude: 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2008
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2008
Glad to know y'all is getting fun up on this thread.

where's sleek chic by the way huh?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by saddik(m): 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2008
LE More,

Please i need to contact you ASAP, i have seen your post and im very impressed by them. I need a help to design a small report for an database architecture. It is my skool work and time is not on my side.

I was asked to PROPOSE DATA MODELLING AND DATABASE DESIGN ARCHITECTURE of any busness environment of my choice.

Please you can mail me on sugeknight100@yahoo.com.

Anyone that can help will be blessed too.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.