Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! (40741 Views)

I Think My Wife Is A Witch / I Think My Husband Scammed Me / Do You Think My Mum Was Jazzed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by domino4211(m): 9:58am On Dec 08, 2021
stuffs4me:

You are a SIMP that married a demon
A simp that married a Covert narcissist.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Bush2013: 9:59am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

Thanks so much for your mature advice, she does not really believe in the leadership of a man,at least from what I see. There was a time I asked her not to take my child to school and she told me she will take him to school , and she did ignoring my request, I have asked her if she wants to go, so that we can separate amicably, she should not worry about her documents, I will still help since she has a child for me. I am not sure if I ask her to stop going to her church that she will comply, but I will tell her my decision, being that we live in a white man's country, I have tried to be a bit soft. She is not telling me she wants to go, I am thinking she wants me to pull the divorce trigger, that's why she is not saying anything, if I ask her if she loves me, the answer comes with alot of delay too. It's unfortunate, I guess I made a big mistake
I feel your pain bro, please if divorce becomes an option ensure you sent her back to Nigeria. If she is returning it will be on her pocket. Do not form a nice man to someone not interested about your happiness

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by lookingfly: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
Datboredberry:
50pseamer...

The fault lies with her...I don't know what the men above are commenting on though... A man helping out in HIS home makes him weak or less African? undecided

Primitive human beings...

Op... Your wife is a religious fanatic... Her claiming that your mom is a witch...the woman who gave birth to you, raised you up, and made you into the man she married... That's a no go area...

I can't tolerate that sh**...

She's being difficult delibrately... Manipulating you into severing your relationship with your mother whom she doesn't like...

Send her away!!! For a couple months... I don't know how you remain with someone who had the confidence to insult your own mom... undecided

Better let her know who you're loyal to... Stop allowing her to play with your mind...

If you keep trying to please her, she wins...

I know a man... He brought his mom from her home to live with him... He traveled and his wife started to harass the poor old woman... When he got back, he sent his wife and his kids to the village... Less than a year, she learnt respect and humility...(not really but the suffering got to her)... grin

Be tough...
the day any woman or man make such insinuation about my mum......na dirty slap i go first give that person, then other things will follow lipsrsealed
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by BigDawsNet: 10:03am On Dec 08, 2021
zanshi:
Divorce her!

You are a man with good and open intentions who wants to develop marriage connections with your wife and she is having none of that.

Tell her you have excersied all options to make the marriage work on your path and you would like to collapse the union and she goes to find her happiness somewhere else.

It's will be bad idea for the man to divorce her
They live in western country...
He may loose lots with that decision

He need to stay calm and hope the lady get tired and file for divorce from her side
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by od501: 10:03am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:
I would like to share my current situation on this platform , and I will very much appreciate your mature advice on the issue.

I have been having issues with my wife after our first born, we married about 3 years ago, our first born is now about 2 years old, we have been having series of issues In the marriage, my wife argues with me a lot on flimsy issues at times, we do not have constant sex, although I started helping more in the house,I cook and and I do the laundry , and asked her to give me my share of the work, when she complained about work load,I am the only one really working now, and paying 98 percent of the bills.

I told my wife that I will like us to be eating together on the same plate to improve closeness, she refused, she sees arguement as normal discussion, sometimes we have sex once or twice in a month, I have told her I will like us all to attend the same church and pray together, but she still attends her Nigerian church online , where they are always seeing vision , and I do not like her attending that church.she also attends online services of my church with me, but I would like us to be attending one church even if it is not my church.
I asked her recently that we need to be praying together for our marriage even if it is 10 minutes every day, after weeks of no response from her,I approached her yesterday and scolded her about it, she cried and I comforted her, I later asked her at night to come for the prayer,and she said she is not coming.
We live abroad and my mum wants to pay us a visit,
She told me the kitchen is her's and my mum should not enter the kitchen, and I told her that it will be difficult, we can pre cook all our food, But she might need to make tea and I will like her to be able to do that by her self , but my wife refused.
In her church she is attending they already branded. My mother a witch. Even if my mother is a witch, we only need to pray against it, should we humiliate her when she visits us? I cannot make my wife my mother, she does not show me much love and does not show that she cares, neither does she respect me. My mum shows me love that I can feel.

Now we are living like neighbours in the same house.
Do you think she is interested in the marriage or has another plan?

Divorce her sir. I repeat, Divorce her! Your life isore important. That's exactly what happens when a poor Nigerian woman enter yanky for the first time.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by novia22(f): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2021
STENON:
Oh Dear !!!

Invite her mum and treat her same say she is planning to treat your mum.
Also start calling her Mum a witch ooo

I am raising my Baby now and I can't count the number of sleepless nights I have had plus the number of poo nappies I have changed cheesy

After all the stress of raising a Man like you, One wife go start calling me Witch. Na dat witch I go use kill her oo

Don't try It oo....Don't try inviting her mother because she will never leave your house I promise you....
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by jcross19: 10:05am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:
I would like to share my current situation on this platform , and I will very much appreciate your mature advice on the issue.

I have been having issues with my wife after our first born, we married about 3 years ago, our first born is now about 2 years old, we have been having series of issues In the marriage, my wife argues with me a lot on flimsy issues at times, we do not have constant sex, although I started helping more in the house,I cook and and I do the laundry , and asked her to give me my share of the work, when she complained about work load,I am the only one really working now, and paying 98 percent of the bills.

I told my wife that I will like us to be eating together on the same plate to improve closeness, she refused, she sees arguement as normal discussion, sometimes we have sex once or twice in a month, I have told her I will like us all to attend the same church and pray together, but she still attends her Nigerian church online , where they are always seeing vision , and I do not like her attending that church.she also attends online services of my church with me, but I would like us to be attending one church even if it is not my church.
I asked her recently that we need to be praying together for our marriage even if it is 10 minutes every day, after weeks of no response from her,I approached her yesterday and scolded her about it, she cried and I comforted her, I later asked her at night to come for the prayer,and she said she is not coming.
She told me the kitchen is her's and my mum should not enter the kitchen, and I told her that it will be difficult, we can pre cook all our food, But she might need to make tea and I will like her to be able to do that by her self , but my wife refused.
In her church she is attending they already branded. My mother a witch. Even if my mother is a witch, we only need to pray against it, should we humiliate her when she visits us? I cannot make my wife my mother, she does not show me much love and does not show that she cares, neither does she respect me. My mum shows me love that I can feel.

bros.. Carry your cross... In this generation you need to pray before you marry if not, you are marrying hell fire as wife but some dunce see praying for a good wife as waste of time but when they end up with devil's advocate , they will come on social media weeping , regrecting and complaining.. Bros stop complaining we have a lot of issues in Nigeria..
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by benson81(m): 10:08am On Dec 08, 2021
Datboredberry:
The man being weak simply because he's been deprived of sex... He's as weak as they come...

There are male virgins out there with more balls...

Honestly, imagine crying that you wanna have sex with someone who goes out of their way to humiliate your own mother... undecided

Maybe there's only a few of us who actually respect our parents...
my own na you no fit insult, humiliate or call my parents names oooo. My mama sef dey still show me a matured married man unbiased love pass my wife.na em I go allow you call her names at least not to my face or her face.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by house10s: 10:09am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

one of the reason i dey aviod my mum she is a chuch fanatics my gf was going towards the same road i told her to leave the house or change the useless church she did, my mum refuse to change hers already told her if u bo change that change no disturb me.

d Church shes going or listening to nah yahoo pastor forget if it's big ot not, simple tell her she change church and altitude or leave the marriage.

ur working productivity will start getting affected u will start hating ur kid when u look @ em u will start hating every thing around u.

just nogede
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Stopthecap: 10:10am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

Hope this helps as a starting guide
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by STENON(f): 10:11am On Dec 08, 2021
novia22:

Don't try It oo....Don't try inviting her mother because she will never leave your house I promise you....
Make she no leave at the expiration of her visit visa !!! Best is for her Mum to taste the evil that her daughter is planning for another person. The man's mum would never enjoy her stay with such demonic wife.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Aguogba(m): 10:11am On Dec 08, 2021
PapaGfad:
I couldn't resist commenting on this because I don't like to see couples suffer unnecessarily.

First, I need you to understand that most ladies of this dispensation maybe good but certainly not prepared for marriage. Their dream of marriage is far from the actual reality of the institution.

You have done well to speak out.

Now, please relax and restrategize. From the way you sound,you seem to be more passionate about the marriage than your wife.

Don't beat yourself too hard. Relax and keep your head together. If there is one thing you must do now, it is for you to let your wife know that she is not doing you a favour. You are both in a contract; you are both in a business. If she can no longer cope, you should be ready to show her the way out. Your kids will not suffer! For the kids, a sound minded divorced parents is better than a warped, depressed and uncoordinated parent

Please and please, don't go about this with ego o. You need to be manipulative and strategic about it. Never attack a woman defensively, you will not win o

Lastly, I have only provided you a surface answer. Only you know what and what is hidden between the two of you. I cannot begin to ask that now but I hope others will give you a more simpler solution or perspectives.
You're very smart and your comment shows that.
This long story OP wrote did not tell us up to 50% of the major issues in their marriage. E.g, who sponsored each other's stay abroad (who has "papers"wink. Weak sex life, has your wife ever complained of anything or did you notice something?Are your kids homeschooled or attend daycare?, etc.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Opexzy: 10:12am On Dec 08, 2021
Hmmmm
Heavens know that the day, a woman that I want to marry or I have MISTAKENLY married open her mouth tho call my mother or father a witch or wizard... That's the end..

What nonsense... I can be so generous to my woman and kind too... But i know where to draw the line...
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Kriss216: 10:13am On Dec 08, 2021
Datboredberry:
I impressed you...eww
Sure you did . I believe you're excited
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Oyin2212(m): 10:18am On Dec 08, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
Simping in marriage will take u no where.
Those bullshit marriage councilors tell you, to do more, sweep more, fetch more water, cook more, clean more, watch plate more and all those bullshit will not a change a demonic wife. And if she's lost sexual attraction for you, to burst ur bubble, doing those houseboy work especially when u dont normally do it will only make her pvssy dry the more.

Most of u all never saw ur father do those bullshit, yet he commanded respect from your mother, but u want to become house boy to ur wife and think u will get her respect...shiior.

This is Africa..no matter the advancement, doing those bullshit will only bring premium tears and disrespect....except out of volition on rare occasion, not out of duty, or her expectations.

If she needs domestic helper, she should get a houseboy. simple. What does she do with her salary? She should pay for househelp paraventure a man doesnt have enough for that

Nonsense
You're a wise man
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Sonyboom765: 10:21am On Dec 08, 2021
Is that enough for a foolish lady to call your mother a witch cos una go comment like lunatic b start chasing shadows now.

Shokoloko:

Based on your story, there is another plan.
Based on your story, a lot of information is being left out. I see through this write-up and you are not the saint.
She is not either

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by larryking540: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2021
greypencils:
Baba na SU. His wife is probably the first or second person he has had sex with.
last last na ashawso all of us go marry ,if u didn't marry your woman a virgin ,so it's better men get experienced how these ladies reasons...ladies tend to have more sexual partners than males in their life time ,,so when they get hold of the naive males ,it's us brutality ,they know how to play the emotional games very well very very well... baba just day hustle forgetting emotional experience

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by SeriouslySense(m): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2021
PapaGfad:
I couldn't resist commenting on this because I don't like to see couples suffer unnecessarily.

First, I need you to understand that most ladies of this dispensation maybe good but certainly not prepared for marriage. Their dream of marriage is far from the actual reality of the institution.

You have done well to speak out.

Now, please relax and restrategize. From the way you sound,you seem to be more passionate about the marriage than your wife.

Don't beat yourself too hard. Relax and keep your head together. If there is one thing you must do now, it is for you to let your wife know that she is not doing you a favour. You are both in a contract; you are both in a business. If she can no longer cope, you should be ready to show her the way out. Your kids will not suffer! For the kids, a sound minded divorced parents is better than a warped, depressed and uncoordinated parent

Please and please, don't go about this with ego o. You need to be manipulative and strategic about it. Never attack a woman defensively, you will not win o

Lastly, I have only provided you a surface answer. Only you know what and what is hidden between the two of you. I cannot begin to ask that now but I hope others will give you a more simpler solution or perspectives.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Oyiboman69: 10:27am On Dec 08, 2021
Datboredberry:
50pseamer...

The fault lies with her...I don't know what the men above are commenting on though... A man helping out in HIS home makes him weak or less African? undecided

Op... Your wife is a religious fanatic... Her claiming that your mom is a witch...the woman who gave birth to you, raised you up, and made you into the man she married... That's a no go area...

She's being difficult delibrately... Manipulating you into severing your relationship with your mother whom she doesn't like...

Send her away!!! For a couple months... I don't know how you remain with someone who had the confidence to insult your own mom... undecided

Better let her know who you're loyal to... Stop allowing her to play with your mind...

I know a man... He brought his mom from her home to live with him... He traveled and his wife started to harass the poor old woman... When he got back, he sent his wife and his kids to the village... Less than a year, she learnt respect and humility...(not really but the suffering got to her)... grin

Be tough...
unfortunately for man...they're not in Nigeria....
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Zeel007: 10:27am On Dec 08, 2021
Datboredberry:
50pseamer...

Be tough...
this your advice make sense...like seriously. But they are both staying abroad, so that will be difficult for him to separate from her for a while.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by jornwhite: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2021
Ishilove:

Be careful whose counsel you listen to on this forum. The user you quoted is an inexperienced teenager, while 95% of those commenting are not even married, neither do they have steady relationships.

What I see here is a lack of submissiveness from your partner. Marriage counseling from professionals is the only way out.

[b]I also find the allegation of your wife calling your mum a witch hard to believe [/b]because no sane woman will openly say such before her husband. Either you are exaggerating or your wife is very disrespectful. Whichever, the ball is in your court.

Do marriage counsellors or "Professional" have a ishi-free marriage/r/ship, with the high rate of divorce abroad are the so called professionals really professionals.

Maybe american couples should stop going for therapy cheesy
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by jameel6: 10:29am On Dec 08, 2021
Oga poster you are not married, count your loss and move on please, if you continue like this, you are not only going to end up not having a wife, you won't have family too. If I have a brother and his wife hated our mother I won't have anything to do with him again. Your wife is taking advantage of the society you live in, relocate with her to Nigeria and see how she will change.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by PROPHETmichael: 10:30am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

Start saving money as your plan B somewhere else and make sure she doesn't know about it. It's about to rain heavily in your home.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Kenfort(m): 10:31am On Dec 08, 2021
Bro, you are simply being manipulated. If I were you, I will find any pretext to bring her back to Nigeria. Station them here and make sure you always come back to get her pregnant. That lady will surely divorce you over there and the odds are in her favour. Your children will still turn out fine, even if they had their early days in Nigeria. She will frustrate you if she keeps remaining there with you and things will get more complicated with more children.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Zeel007: 10:34am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

I am not saying I am a saint, infact when there are issues , I apologize more easily than my wife. I feel very strongly for my child, I do not want him to suffer, she complained earlier that I was not helping with the baby and I started helping more, after a while, she said we need to go to a counsellor, I have agreed and also searched for a Christian one, but she prefers the one with a degree in psychology,
Sometimes when she offends me I can be blunt, and I might says some words, but not extreme words the words are only an interpretation of the attitude I see.
She knows it all, and does not easily take correction, even when I try to play with her she easily takes offence. Mind you all these never happened while we were dating, I noticed a bit of stubbornness and I tried to correct her , and told her that is one of the attribute I hate the most.
I am at point that I am not sure she loves me , and I don't even know if everything happening in my home is normal.
I feel for you though. All I can see through your write up is that you are a man of peace.

Anyway I pray God will give you wisdom on how to go about it.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by donestk(m): 10:36am On Dec 08, 2021
How do i buy you beer?

Kuriosmynd:
Simping in marriage will take u no where.
Those bullshit marriage councilors tell you, to do more, sweep more, fetch more water, cook more, clean more, watch plate more and all those bullshit will not a change a demonic wife. And if she's lost sexual attraction for you, to burst ur bubble, doing those houseboy work especially when u dont normally do it will only make her pvssy dry the more.

Most of u all never saw ur father do those bullshit, yet he commanded respect from your mother, but u want to become house boy to ur wife and think u will get her respect...shiior.

This is Africa..no matter the advancement, doing those bullshit will only bring premium tears and disrespect....except out of volition on rare occasion, not out of duty, or her expectations.

If she needs domestic helper, she should get a houseboy. simple. What does she do with her salary? She should pay for househelp paraventure a man doesnt have enough for that

Nonsense
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by cedricksly: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

in all you have said I respected this comment from you, "even if my mother is a witch." your mother is a witch yet you are living abroad and not borrowing to eat, or pay bills, none of your family member has died neither is prosperity cut short, you wife and that her pastor wen tag ur mama witch dey craze for head... It is obvious your wife want to flex muscle bcoz maybe uve done court wedding with her without prenuptial agreement, as well as she know over there woman her favoured in judgement.... If I were u I will just ignore all her excesses and allow her do her mind as she dim it fit, if your marriage will strive or crash it is in her hand.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by iTearHerToto: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

Hello Mr. I don't advice people but when I see evil looming I do try

That marriage might crash and it's on 89% possibility. Now start saving some money secretly somewhere nobody knows but you. You could even change it to some crypto currency such as Tether (USDT) which is also a stable currency like dollar and dump it in a crypto wallet. That way even when the expected happens you'll be able to bounce back from scratch. For the unexpected is now the expected cos the devil is already winning with a high score margin
If you were in Nigeria I would just read and pass but cos you in the states and I know how horrible things turn out for men over there during divorce
Enjoy your day
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by donsheddy1(m): 10:45am On Dec 08, 2021
You're a wimp, a simp and a crybaby. If I give you the solution, you'll still see reasons not to do them. Enjoy your marriage.
50pseamer:

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:46am On Dec 08, 2021
Only one solution, convince ur wife about the both of you visiting Nigeria. Then abandon her Nigeria where she truly belongs.
She will make ur life a living hell abroad, that is how Nigerian women behave
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by jornwhite: 10:47am On Dec 08, 2021
Toks2008:

Please what exactly is the problem here cos I honestly can't find one.

Bro Marriage is all about tolerance and making compromises.

I think you are the problem here cis you are seeing issues where there is none.

Relax, love more, complain less, and be tolerant. Laslas your marriage go dey alright.

Maybe most of the things he complained about are trivial buh that does not mean their is no "Problem" ... moreover denying him sex is a problem as big as national threat,
what you need to know is that, every severe case or irreconcilable differences started as trivial
Kindly note, what you consider not an issue might be an issue to me, moreover tolerant shouldnt be one sided, apparently the woman is the one serving all the shit here, the needs to stop complaining, and act like a man in charge,
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2021
cedricksly:
in all you have said I respected this comment from you, "even if my mother is a witch." your mother is a witch yet you are living abroad and not borrowing to eat, or pay bills, none of your family member has died neither is prosperity cut short, you wife and that her pastor wen tag ur mama witch dey craze for head... It is obvious your wife want to flex muscle bcoz maybe uve done court wedding with her without prenuptial agreement, as well as she know over there woman her favoured in judgement.... If I were u I will just ignore all her excesses and allow her do her mind as she dim it fit, if your marriage will strive or crash it is in her hand.
Bro, Nigerian women her evil in nature. If he just ignores her and let her have her way, she will make his life a living hell. He has to be ahead of her in planning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gets A Job After Asking Her Late Sister For Help In A Dream / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / Her Chest Has Comforted Me; Couple Mark 26th Wedding Anniversary. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.