Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! (40675 Views)

I Think My Wife Is A Witch / I Think My Husband Scammed Me / Do You Think My Mum Was Jazzed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Sterope(f): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2021
Please ignore the fools that say you are not acting like a man. They want you to be aggressive, which might get you into trouble. They think everyone reacts to aggression with fear and sudden respect. grin.

50pseamer:

I am actually not that weak because of sex, I stayed without sex for almost nine years before I married her, I had more sexually attractive options before I choose her,I guess she was the most chatty with me then.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by gidado14(m): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:
I would like to share my current situation on this platform , and I will very much appreciate your mature advice on the issue.

I have been having issues with my wife after our first born, we married about 3 years ago, our first born is now about 2 years old, we have been having series of issues In the marriage, my wife argues with me a lot on flimsy issues at times, we do not have constant sex, although I started helping more in the house,I cook and and I do the laundry , and asked her to give me my share of the work, when she complained about work load,I am the only one really working now, and paying 98 percent of the bills.

I told my wife that I will like us to be eating together on the same plate to improve closeness, she refused, she sees arguement as normal discussion, sometimes we have sex once or twice in a month, I have told her I will like us all to attend the same church and pray together, but she still attends her Nigerian church online , where they are always seeing vision , and I do not like her attending that church.she also attends online services of my church with me, but I would like us to be attending one church even if it is not my church.
I asked her recently that we need to be praying together for our marriage even if it is 10 minutes every day, after weeks of no response from her,I approached her yesterday and scolded her about it, she cried and I comforted her, I later asked her at night to come for the prayer,and she said she is not coming.
We live abroad and my mum wants to pay us a visit,
She told me the kitchen is her's and my mum should not enter the kitchen, and I told her that it will be difficult, we can pre cook all our food, But she might need to make tea and I will like her to be able to do that by her self , but my wife refused.
In her church she is attending they already branded. My mother a witch. Even if my mother is a witch, we only need to pray against it, should we humiliate her when she visits us? I cannot make my wife my mother, she does not show me much love and does not show that she cares, neither does she respect me. My mum shows me love that I can feel.

Now we are living like neighbours in the same house.
Do you think she is interested in the marriage or has another plan?
marry second wife she go calm down

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by humberjade: 9:25am On Dec 08, 2021
Most people are losing the main point here, once our woman relocate abroad, most of them grow wings...societal pressure and norm...here, men and women are seen as equal...in fact, women seem to have more rights than men.

Most people people lose their moral and cultural compass when they migrate abroad, especially when they have legal stay. I have seen and heard so many cases.

At this juncture bro, only God can save your marriage. Stop doing the house shores, if possible, hire people to come and tidy your house fortnightly, it will only cost you around 80-100 euro per month...most importantly, you sef should lock up, nor look her side for some time, only cater for your child, if she needs anything, tell her to go out and get a job like her colleagues. If she still doesn't change, means there is no remedy again.

And lastly, "a witch" nursed you till adulthood, and you are even fortunate enough to be educated and relocate abroad...the said witch didn't stunt your progress in life or kill you all these while. My brother, nor allow this woman make you offend your creator.

A day a woman opens her mouth to call my mother a witch marks the end of that relationship except she sincerely apologises. Rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Donbayor: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2021
He's too weak to be a man' his wife knew all along' she is just taking advantage of him' Love isn't that berk as he is
nwajesus12:
I am baffled by his show of weakness maybe before they are in Yankee but a firm stance in his decision making would have made a difference

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
Simping in marriage will take u no where.
Those bullshit marriage councilors tell you, to do more, sweep more, fetch more water, cook more, clean more, watch plate more and all those bullshit will not a change a demonic wife. And if she's lost sexual attraction for you, to burst ur bubble, doing those houseboy work especially when u dont normally do it will only make her pvssy dry the more.

Most of u all never saw ur father do those bullshit, yet he commanded respect from your mother, but u want to become house boy to ur wife and think u will get her respect...shiior.

This is Africa..no matter the advancement, doing those bullshit will only bring premium tears and disrespect....except out of volition on rare occasion, not out of duty, or her expectations.

If she needs domestic helper, she should get a houseboy. simple. What does she do with her salary? She should pay for househelp paraventure a man doesnt have enough for that

Nonsense

OMG!! You are sounding like someone from a dysfunctional family... Jeeeezzzz! So helping out with house chores makes him less of a man, just stop this please. Pregnancy and childbirth make women to lose their sexual urge but improves with time. Why not ask your people to talk to her if you really want to continue the marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by ekerintee: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2021
I must say your wife character is typical of Most Nigerian ladies abroad,the environment abroad gives them so much power.Some may call you a weak man but ,I know what men abroad go through in the hand of bad and wicked wives.You dare not shout on her or hit her else you are in trouble with the police.The only thing I can advice you is to endure and if it's affecting you psychologically then it's best you leave the house for her,she may come to beg you.Those bad wives know it's hard to find a good man,the only regret is that the children might suffer for the sins of their mother.Most of what this ladies do abroad,they know they can't try it in Nigeria.i am not saying all Nigerian ladies abroad are bad ,but the majority.So also we have bad men also abroad.its like there is this spirit that enters them when they step abroad.Your mother remains your mother, Nigerian women are gullible and easily decieved by prophets.Talk to your wife and let her know your position as a man,if she wants to be the head of the home,then you had better leave the home for her to control and find yourself another house.

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by easzypeaszy(m): 9:29am On Dec 08, 2021
i have similar experience but 40% less dan dat of d OP...
We dont pray for long..lik 2twice a Month
We dont eat togther bc she doesnt see it necessary
We have sex dependin on interest..na Man wey gt money gt joy fr sex
2weeks ago she refused to cook fr me fr lik 4days
I pay 70% of the bills
We are not socially compactible
I JUST CALLED HER MUM...HE BE LIKE SAY I GO SEND UNA DOUGHTER
COME GIVE UNA..LIKE SAY I NO WAN DO AGAIN.
I YOUNG PASS ALL DIS ONES WEY DEY HAPPEN..I NO FIT SHOUT.
I HAVE TOLD THE MOM TO SEND HER MONEY TO COME HOME
MAKE SHE DEY DER FOR LIK 2MONTHS FIRST

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Kingluqman(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

I am not saying I am a saint, infact when there are issues , I apologize more easily than my wife. I feel very strongly for my child, I do not want him to suffer, she complained earlier that I was not helping with the baby and I started helping more, after a while, she said we need to go to a counsellor, I have agreed and also searched for a Christian one, but she prefers the one with a degree in psychology,
Sometimes when she offends me I can be blunt, and I might says some words, but not extreme words the words are only an interpretation of the attitude I see.
She knows it all, and does not easily take correction, even when I try to play with her she easily takes offence. Mind you all these never happened while we were dating, I noticed a bit of stubbornness and I tried to correct her , and told her that is one of the attribute I hate the most.
I am at point that I am not sure she loves me , and I don't even know if everything happening in my home is normal.
Wetin dey make your Wife dey run from church things, na demon she be? Don't be deceived bro, she will mess up your Mom if she comes to visit you. Pray she doesn't poison her. Make sure you normalize her brain before your Mom get there, because if she dare call your Mom witch to her face, your Mom no go believe dey nor be you and don talk am before oo.

It's never too late if there is no settlement involve. She nor be for you

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by prophetfire: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:
I would like to share my current situation on this platform , and I will very much appreciate your mature advice on the issue.

I have been having issues with my wife after our first born, we married about 3 years ago, our first born is now about 2 years old, we have been having series of issues In the marriage, my wife argues with me a lot on flimsy issues at times, we do not have constant sex, although I started helping more in the house,I cook and and I do the laundry , and asked her to give me my share of the work, when she complained about work load,I am the only one really working now, and paying 98 percent of the bills.

I told my wife that I will like us to be eating together on the same plate to improve closeness, she refused, she sees arguement as normal discussion, sometimes we have sex once or twice in a month, I have told her I will like us all to attend the same church and pray together, but she still attends her Nigerian church online , where they are always seeing vision , and I do not like her attending that church.she also attends online services of my church with me, but I would like us to be attending one church even if it is not my church.
I asked her recently that we need to be praying together for our marriage even if it is 10 minutes every day, after weeks of no response from her,I approached her yesterday and scolded her about it, she cried and I comforted her, I later asked her at night to come for the prayer,and she said she is not coming.
She told me the kitchen is her's and my mum should not enter the kitchen, and I told her that it will be difficult, we can pre cook all our food, But she might need to make tea and I will like her to be able to do that by her self , but my wife refused.
In her church she is attending they already branded. My mother a witch. Even if my mother is a witch, we only need to pray against it, should we humiliate her when she visits us? I cannot make my wife my mother, she does not show me much love and does not show that she cares, neither does she respect me. My mum shows me love that I can feel.

. Didn't you see all these signs before marriage? Well for me, divorce her and have peace of mind. I see she is an adult that wants to be manipulating you, even if it means turning your life upside down.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Tzar(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2021
You probably loved her and she did not love you as much. If you sponsored her to your current location, that may be the only reason why she married you... to relocate.
Start by letting her know ALL that you have typed here. If you can't say it, print it on a paper and have her read it in your presence. Hopefully, your pain will soften her up if she has any ounce of love for you.

I also suggest you see a marriage counsellor / couple therapist ASAP. If that fails pray and fast concerning your marriage. Ask God to show you his will for the marriage. If you see nothing or see negatives in dreams or vision after your prayer and fasting RUN! You married a Jezebel that will destroy you. You did not marry the bone of your bone and the flesh of your flesh.

Marriage is not do or die. We make mistakes in our decisions sometimes and those mistakes MUST be corrected.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Pharaohny: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2021
Your wife is a stupid woman , how did hell were you able to be with her all this while ,as in someone calling your mother a witch is the greatest insult of all time , I'm not sorry to tell you this but bro you're a SIMP

SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by IbrahimSkiba(f): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

You are a very good and caring husband who's only passions is seeing his marriage work.. God will give you your heart desire.. And reconcile that broken bond between you and your life... And abeg ehhh, if you get any single friend wey dey find Nigerian wife.. Holla at me.. I come in Peace

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by viktohmarkz(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
go and print fake divorce paper drop it for her to see give her two days to make up her mind on the way forward and watch the drama, remember when you give her that fake divorce do not sleep in the house make arrangement with ur friend or hotel to sleep over that night, ignore her food do not give her attention and watch the drama display she will come back on her sense

I like this,
Or make a plane visit to Nigeria with her and your child, after 1 week return back to your base but without her, while in Nigeria hide her visa
When she see the suffer for her she go know say na plenty leavrage you gave her

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Hayastark: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:
I
Where una dey see all these ayamatanga self
shocked
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by NohurryInLife: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

I am not saying I am a saint, infact when there are issues , I apologize more easily than my wife. I feel very strongly for my child, I do not want him to suffer, she complained earlier that I was not helping with the baby and I started helping more, after a while, she said we need to go to a counsellor, I have agreed and also searched for a Christian one, but she prefers the one with a degree in psychology,
Sometimes when she offends me I can be blunt, and I might says some words, but not extreme words the words are only an interpretation of the attitude I see.
She knows it all, and does not easily take correction, even when I try to play with her she easily takes offence. Mind you all these never happened while we were dating, I noticed a bit of stubbornness and I tried to correct her , and told her that is one of the attribute I hate the most.
I am at point that I am not sure she loves me , and I don't even know if everything happening in my home is normal.
Everything happening in your home is not normal chief. Which kind liver your wife gather wey go make her call your mama witch for your face?? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Ournolly: 9:33am On Dec 08, 2021
Someone regards your mother as a witch, wants her nowhere near 'her' kitchen, and you are here asking for advice.

Wait, you even admitted - 'even if she is a witch'. angry

1 Like

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Gkemz: 9:34am On Dec 08, 2021
I see a man trying by every available means to build his home, but the woman is pulling it apart. She may be seeking counsel from female divorcees who have turned to feminists with misogynistic ideologies and orientations.
The worst mistake you made was to allow her come over to abroad. I'm sure she's a nurse.

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by novia22(f): 9:34am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

Thanks so much for your mature advice, she does not really believe in the leadership of a man,at least from what I see. There was a time I asked her not to take my child to school and she told me she will take him to school , and she did ignoring my request, I have asked her if she wants to go, so that we can separate amicably, she should not worry about her documents, I will still help since she has a child for me. I am not sure if I ask her to stop going to her church that she will comply, but I will tell her my decision, being that we live in a white man's country, I have tried to be a bit soft. She is not telling me she wants to go, I am thinking she wants me to pull the divorce trigger, that's why she is not saying anything, if I ask her if she loves me, the answer comes with alot of delay too. It's unfortunate, I guess I made a big mistake

If she doesn't believe in the leadership of a man, why didn't she remain in her father's house. Abi her father isn't a man? I mean no disrespect. Don't ask her if she wants to go, tell her she will go and that You are ready to prepare the divorce papers asap. Don't wait for her to pull any trigger so you don't get heart broken....Play her cards to her face...Tell her it's obvious she has fallen out of love and respect for you hence you guys can't cohabit. See you can't die cos of a woman ooo.....you already know the trend of men loosing their minds and killing their wives and then turning on themselves too. Are her papers complete? Guy you are a Nigerian. Run this woman street..she can't come and end you o. I don't know you personally but I do know we Nairalanders aren't ready to lose you or have you lose your mind.

3 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Omini247: 9:34am On Dec 08, 2021
Get a bad ass side chick Opari
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by humberjade: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

I am actually not that weak because of sex, I stayed without sex for almost nine years before I married her, I had more sexually attractive options before I choose her,I guess she was the most chatty with me then.

You can't even afford to be aggressive towards her, not even in obodo oyinbo, this one won't think twice before calling authorities on you, and get restraining order even from your baby.

Plus I know some women can be so provocative, that you want to hit them, but then my brother, aggression in marriages lead to deaths and jail terms. So nor just go that lane.

You have tried your best...just put the whole thing in prayers while you give her the silent treatment. Her brain go reset if she's still interested. Calling your mom a witch is the height for me sha.

I wish you the very best!
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by novia22(f): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2021
Gkemz:
I see a man trying by every available means to build his home, but the woman is pulling it apart. She may be seeking counsel from female divorcees who have turned to feminists with misogynistic ideologies and orientations.
The worst mistake you made was to allow her come over to abroad. I'm sure she's a nurse.

I tell you.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by sandra50(f): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2021
Oga before any of you becomes a murderer..she is one of those bad eyes and there is nothing you can do about it..leave her before you kill someone and mess up your life..how can she say your mother is a winch and you are taking it lightly?better leave that woman now.. child support is not a big issue because you spend more now that she is leaving with you.you are already a vegetable in that house and the only way to get your life back is by divorcing her..she might even change when she finds out you are tired of her nonsense but if it doesn't make her change then just know that she never loved you..I don't know why people are so mean and heartless.
50pseamer:

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Ten06(m): 9:36am On Dec 08, 2021
Do you think there are marriages that the wife is not a problem?

Men are just trying to tolerate because most of the girl child is not properly trained to handle marriage.

If she is not trying to kill you. Endure and tolerate and concentrate in bringing up your children to make them better people tomorrow.
You can not teach old dog new trick

3 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by stephenponti(m): 9:36am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

She is pulling all these strings because she is abroad, because their laws abroad gives women extreme advantage.
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by cescky(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2021
50pseamer:

This is sad..

You seem to have a kind heart..

I think you're wife is pig headed and stubborn because its abroad.. She knows in domestic issues when reported to police she jas the upper hand...

She has other plans i supose.. You need to start making yours too.. If anything happens you will be kicked out of the house first.. Have cameras or videos evidence that may back you up should any eventuality come up.. Did you guys meet there or she wad brought over?

I sense you brought her over, and shes in exposed, abroad done open her eyes, and shes wants to wrestle control from you
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by cpu2006(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2021
ok
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Vireani79: 9:37am On Dec 08, 2021
Never ever take a nigerian woman abroad
Marry dem here
Bleep dem here
Let dem be here to breed
Once u take them aboard
This is what you get

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by BABANGBALI: 9:40am On Dec 08, 2021
“ In her church she is attending they already branded. My mother a witch. Even if my mother is a witch, we only need to pray against it, should we humiliate her when she visits us? I cannot make my wife my mother, she does not show me much love and does not show that she cares, neither does she respect me. My mum shows me love that I can feel.

Do you think she is interested in the marriage or has another plan?”

Op the above says it all, you’re the one that is in love, it’s very obvious that your wife is not and she doesn’t care about you or your marriage. Get ready for the worst(divorce) and the earlier you get rid of her from your life, the better for you. Don’t be sentimental with your decision, kill the marriage, before it kills you!

mynd44 biko bring my breakfast I’m hungry
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Obiorahpcfg: 9:40am On Dec 08, 2021

Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by Dshocker(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
Simping in marriage will take u no where.
Those bullshit marriage councilors tell you, to do more, sweep more, fetch more water, cook more, clean more, watch plate more and all those bullshit will not a change a demonic wife. And if she's lost sexual attraction for you, to burst ur bubble, doing those houseboy work especially when u dont normally do it will only make her pvssy dry the more.

Most of u all never saw ur father do those bullshit, yet he commanded respect from your mother, but u want to become house boy to ur wife and think u will get her respect...shiior.

This is Africa..no matter the advancement, doing those bullshit will only bring premium tears and disrespect....except out of volition on rare occasion, not out of duty, or her expectations.

If she needs domestic helper, she should get a houseboy. simple. What does she do with her salary? She should pay for househelp paraventure a man doesnt have enough for that

Nonsense

You talk less of a boy,i believe when you get matured and get married,you will know if your wife will be a slave or you will help out in house chores and you think Europe and America is same with Africa....Brother women over there have more rights than men and you need be careful when dealing with issues like that of the OP,otherwise he will be deported
Re: I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! by novia22(f): 9:41am On Dec 08, 2021
Tzar:
You probably loved her and she did not love you as much. If you sponsored her to your current location, that may be the only reason why she married you... to relocate.
Start by letting her know ALL that you have typed here. If you can't say it, print it on a paper and have her read it in your presence. Hopefully, your pain will soften her up if she has any ounce of love for you.

I also suggest you see a marriage counsellor / couple therapist ASAP. If that fails pray and fast concerning your marriage. Ask God to show you his will for the marriage. If you see nothing or see negatives in dreams or vision after your prayer and fasting RUN! You married a Jezebel that will destroy you. You did not marry the bone of your bone and the flesh of your flesh.

Marriage is not do or die. We make mistakes in our decisions sometimes and those mistakes MUST be corrected.

He doesn't need to even pray because the fact that he is here and knows something is wrong means God has opened his eyes to see the wahala coming...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Wife Changed All Our Property Documents In Nigeria To Hers, Plans To Kill Me / My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! / Things Responsible Men Do When Their Partner Is Pregnant -bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.