Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,500 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts (27582 Views)

OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. / The Many Firsts Of Diamond Bank’s GMD, Uzoma Dozie / President Goodluck Jonathan And His Many Firsts On Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Pafuri(m): 3:48am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian armed robber to be be executed: Ishola Oyenusi.
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Pafuri(m): 3:49am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian politician to go to jail for aiding armed robbers (he was said to have had his own crew of armed robbers): Samuel Taiwo Oredein (he was in Action Group and was Awo's friend)
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 13, 2011
Nigeria's first and Africa's only Pulitzer Prize Winner and CEO 234NEXt - Dele Olojede

Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Pafuri(m): 3:53am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian Ph.D at 25: Omololu Olunloyo of Ibadan.
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian in one of Tyler Perry's biggest movie (I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF)  -  Hope Olaide Wilso

[img]http://fg2bh.files./2009/09/fg2bh-hope-olaide-wilson.png?w=468&h=620[/img]

[s]A big fan of tyler perry's movies here!!![/s]
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian to win Best Cinematography from BAFTA and the British Society of Cinematographers and an an Academy Nomination - Remi Adefarasin

Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:00am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian to be nominated as reality TV's No. 1 bad girl by E! ( Her personal on Donald Trump's "The Apprentice" earned her that title) - Omoroseonee Manigault-Stallworth aka Omarosa

Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian to make a 90s hit in the American music Industry - Akinyele Adams
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Pafuri(m): 4:03am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian "cheated" out of Forbes "billionaire" List: Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida.
Not that he is complaining though.
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian to win an MC battle (with over 3000 contestants) beating Tempa T in the final in London - Joseph Junior Adenuga

Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:08am On Jun 13, 2011
I may be wrong about this one, correct me if I'm wrong:

First Nigerian to win Best Documentary Prize at the 2010 AMAA Awards( this dude has won many other awards sha, too long to list) - Femi Odugbemi
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian to win an Emmy Award for News Anchor (works for New York's WABC Channel 7) - Sade Baderinwa

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1AXnAHVvapZT9prFsSCFR3X60eFDMW-a4W5V3XwF5MotOCaw&t=1&usg=__BCwz2Wj6cP6NUs1CDRKctupg04k=[/img]
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian to design an outfit for a US First Lady (although a very ugly outfit it was), but a fabulous fashion designer tho - Duro Olowu
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian to be nominated for the NAACP Image Award - Obba Babatundé

[img]http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Obba-Babatunde1.jpg[/img]
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 13, 2011
First Nigerian to win World's 'longest Freestyle' Record (9 hrs, 15 mins, 15 secs) - Chidi Bang.

Wont be the last, Wale will soon eat that record up tongue
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:21am On Jun 13, 2011
ok, now am less bored. adieu!
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 13, 2011
Nigeria's first tribalism website - Nairaland
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by kcjazz(m): 4:33am On Jun 13, 2011
Governor Akala first Nigerian in history that was voted in black & was voted out as a white person. Voters were confused!~Source Naijafunfacts
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 13, 2011
this thread it chocked with Yorubas being first in almost everything. i thought it was the ibos that do well in traveling and should be more of first in almost everything
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Roland17(m): 4:55am On Jun 13, 2011
Mumu GEJ is the First Nigerian Kid to walk without shoes and become a president grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Pafuri(m): 5:14am On Jun 13, 2011
GEJ was the first to walk bare-footed into the Presidency. Oruko ma n'roni o. grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 13, 2011
Roland17:

Mumu GEJ is the First Nigerian Kid to walk without shoes and become a president grin grin grin
angry angrywhy the mumu?
grin grin but lol to that
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 13, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

this thread it chocked with Yorubas being first in almost everything. i thought it was the ibos that do well in traveling and should be more of first in almost everything
what answer do you expect of this your rotten post? cant you post without finding trouble! all you want is for some one to start bringing up about the success of its region against the others then it will end calling names!! angry angry
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Pafuri(m): 5:25am On Jun 13, 2011
Here is to fulfil the wish: travelling from Arodinzuogu to Umuahia does not make one the first.
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Pafuri(m): 5:27am On Jun 13, 2011
The first Nigerian to send Nairalanders (at least those who understand) into fits of imagination: ILEKEIDI
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by amuukwu1(m): 6:07am On Jun 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

First Nigerian to be nominated as reality TV's No. 1 bad girl by E! ( Her personal on Donald Trump's "The Apprentice" earned her that title) - Omoroseonee Manigault-Stallworth aka Omarosa

Are you sure of this? I have always liked that girl but I dont think she's Nigerian. Nothing from her records online shows she is, any proof?

Meanwhile back to the 'first'
First Nigerian to be elected to the senate while in detention, Iyiola Omisore
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Sike(m): 6:33am On Jun 13, 2011
Pafuri:

The first Nigerian to send Nairalanders (at least those who understand) into fits of imagination: ILEKEIDI
Lmao!
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by adamooye5(m): 6:49am On Jun 13, 2011
1st foresensic expert from Niger State.Adamu Muye
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by dayokanu(m): 7:00am On Jun 13, 2011
First president to bring facebook to Nigeria

Odechukwu

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by Gsmxpert(m): 7:14am On Jun 13, 2011
the first Nigerian terrorist abdullatab grin grin
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by fxtopedia(m): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2011
The first Nigeria trolling on this thread: adamooye5
Re: A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts by rasputinn(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2011
The first Nigerian ex-dictator and retired army general to weep shamelessly in public just because electoral defeat was staring him in the face:Muhammadu Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon / Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead / Chukwuma Obidike: Count Me Out Of Alleged Plan To Attack Senator Kalu's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.