Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

My Car Lock Was Picked - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Lock Was Picked (1838 Views)

Best Car Lock Repair London / Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem / Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hiā€‘Tech Car Thieves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Lock Was Picked by laivwire(m): 12:17am On Dec 10, 2021
I discovered this evening that the key hole was mangled in a way. I rarely use the key to unlock as I use the key fob most of the time so I can't really pinpoint the time and place the deed was done. Fortunately the perp couldn't break in possibly due to time constraints or whatever.

I tried unlocking with the key and it's working perfect. My question now is do I leave the key hole like so or is there any way I can fix it. Like cover the twisted metal.

I'm also hoping it's not a location I park often perhaps the perps are waiting for me to come back there so they can finish what they started.

I'll upload a photo tomorrow morning.
Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by buygala(m): 4:59am On Dec 10, 2021
laivwire:
I discovered this evening that the key hole was mangled in a way. I rarely use the key to unlock as I use the key fob most of the time so I can't really pinpoint the time and place the deed was done. Fortunately the perp couldn't break in possibly due to time constraints or whatever.

I tried unlocking with the key and it's working perfect. My question now is do I leave the key hole like so or is there any way I can fix it. Like cover the twisted metal.

I'm also hoping it's not a location I park often perhaps the perps are waiting for me to come back there so they can finish what they started.

Disable the keylock totally..A panel beater can do that for you..

I have had the keylocks disabled on all the cars I have owned, relying on only the electronic key fob..

It's more secure...anyone who wants to break into my car will either have to deal with the noise of smashing the door glasses or have enough time to use a metal strip to open the car from inside...

Vehicle door locks especially those of Honda and some earlier model toyotas are shamefully easy to pick....in fact sef most times, a key of a Honda car will open the door of a similar model. It's that bad

4 Likes

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by id4sho(m): 7:08am On Dec 10, 2021
laivwire:

Which car model? Do you leave valuables in sight? Sad sad
Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by vastolord4(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2021
Install a tracker on that car.. every Nigerian is planning on how to double he/her hustle by any means.. don't fall a victim to theft because e de pain to lose property for December especially if it's an expensive one

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by laivwire(m): 8:13am On Dec 10, 2021
buygala:

Vehicle door locks especially those of Honda and some earlier model toyotas are shamefully easy to pick....in fact sef most times, a key of a Honda car will open the door of a similar model. It's that bad
Thanks. Peradventure the key fob battery goes weak, that'll be another trouble on its own though. I know that problem with old Honda cars all too well.

id4sho:

Which car model? Do you leave valuables in sight? Sad sad
Not really. I conceal all valuables before I leave the car. I believe this incident happened when I parked in the basement of a building at an event I attended recently.
Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by buygala(m): 8:39am On Dec 10, 2021
laivwire:

Thanks. Peradventure the key fob battery goes weak, that'll be another trouble on its own though. I know that problem with old Honda cars all too well.

Not really. I conceal all valuables before I leave the car. I believe this incident happened when I parked in the basement of a building at an event I attended recently.

You enter through the boot and unlock the vehicle....boot key mechanism is still intact.. besides those key fob batteries can last for years and will be giving signs when the battery is low...like it will start working erratically and have a bit of difficulty opening the doors in the morning..

Far better than having any dick and Harry key opening your vehicle...in my opinion though
Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by ojesymsym: 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
Which noise? Just pray you do not become a target.

Those guys have a way of breaking your glass with people nearby and no one will hear them. I still don't how they do it.
buygala:

I have had the keylocks disabled on all the cars I have owned, relying on only the electronic key fob..

It's more secure...anyone who wants to break into my car will either have to deal with the noise of smashing the door glasses or have enough time to use a metal strip to open the car from inside...

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by slimmoney(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
they have a special chemical they apply on the glass, the glass will just collapse as if u pouring water on the floor.
ojesymsym:

Those guys have a way of breaking your glass with people nearby and no one will hear them. I still don't how they do it.
Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by buygala(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
ojesymsym:

Then don't even bother locking your car simply because thieves get one akamu wey go evaporate your glass anywaysmiley

Disabling the door locks stops it from being picked and buys a bit more time before the thieves devise an alternative to access your vehicle..these safety measures at their worst buy a bit more time for discovery before a theft is carried out...no single one of them can make your car unstealable

5 Likes

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by cletz991(m): 7:26am On Dec 11, 2021
Person go get car e no go fit get peace of mind?toyota sha grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by Grupo(m): 7:46am On Dec 11, 2021
buygala:

You enter through the boot and unlock the vehicle....boot key mechanism is still intact.. besides those key fob batteries can last for years and will be giving signs when the battery is low...like it will start working erratically and have a bit of difficulty opening the doors in the morning..

Far better than having any dick and Harry key opening your vehicle...in my opinion though

If the boot key is still active, don't you think a determined thief will simply open the boot, pull down the back seats and gain access?

1 Like

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by buygala(m): 8:21am On Dec 11, 2021
Grupo:

If the boot key is still active, don't you think a determined thief will simply open the boot, pull down the back seats and gain access?

Very few thieves want to be caught with their asses in the air trying to access a car through its boot...picking the boot lock is enough stress without the thief having to spend time squeezing himself into the boot and over the half-suspended back seat

1 Like

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
buygala:

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2021
buygala:

false

1 Like

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by skywalker240(m): 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
cletz991:
Person go get car e no go fit get peace of mind?toyota sha grin
Corolla lover's are coming for you grin

2 Likes

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by Musty4ahmed1: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2021
buygala:

I thought am the only one doing this, I have always disable my car locks, I have done that to three of my previous cars. It works, though it's God that safeguard them.
Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
I disabled my key lock a long time ago. It's the only peace of mind you will get but mind you, if you park your car at an unsafe location, they won't need to pick the lock. They will just break in.

1 Like

Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by 9japarts: 6:03am On Dec 17, 2021
vastolord4:
Install a tracker on that car.. every Nigerian is planning on how to double he/her hustle by any means.. don't fall a victim to theft because e de pain to lose property for December especially if it's an expensive one

Listen to vastolord4

You can get one installed at any of our installation centres nationwide for as 30k
Re: My Car Lock Was Picked by coolh3ad(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2021
igobuybenz:
false

Very true!!....

(1) (Reply)

Cost To Change My Custom Wheels To Alloy Wheels / Golf 3 Or Golf 4 Or ???????? PLS ADVISE / Should I Buy This Nigeria Made Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.