Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria (31870 Views)

Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria – Bishop Oyedepo / Oyedepo: Why Nigeria Has Not Changed For Better / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by terrypartners(m): 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2021
Prolific007:

Stinking zombie that hates the truth and prefers to attack the messenger than conceive the message. Get a life loser

The rule of Nairaland has been constantly infringed upon.

For benefit of the doubt, it states - 2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

I chose to ignore some of the delusional and emotional bereft and demeaning statements attacking the personality of people that hold opposing opinions that seem to be unpopular with you.

Then I remembered the utilitarian philosopher John Stuart Mill, who delivered an 1867 inaugural address at the University of St. Andrews and stated:

“Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”

Having reasoned the point imperative, everyone has an inherent right to the freedom of expression and association.

Be mindful, your rights are not absolute.

Prosperity can be a cruel judge
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by terrypartners(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2021
Leverage2021:
[s][/s]zombie when would bihari destroy nigeria to the #65 per fuel he meet it

For benefit of the doubt, it states - 2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

I chose to ignore some of the delusional and emotional bereft and demeaning statements attacking the personality of people that hold opposing opinions that seem to be unpopular with you.

Then I remembered the utilitarian philosopher John Stuart Mill, who delivered an 1867 inaugural address at the University of St. Andrews and stated:

“Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”

Having reasoned the point imperative, everyone has an inherent right to the freedom of expression and association.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by Leverage2021: 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
[s]
terrypartners:

[/s]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by JaroMan: 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
Rayjnr:

Awon motivational speakers ti bere
Far from it mate. He said 90% of Winners are poor. The question is: do those people see themselves as poor?
You stay outside and talk but if you come inside, its different ball game.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by JAMO84: 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
ZendayaColeman:

Omooo you're a big FOOL
Where did I lie?

Did Okonjo not said that you will be doomed in the nearest future?

Are you not giving your hard earned money to Oyedepo to buy private jets?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by bigcasava1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Why-I-never-had-sleepless-night-despite-issues-in-Nigeria-Bishop-Oyedepo
God bless you sir. Next time let them ignore your warning, if there will ever be a next time
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by bigcasava1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
Baawaa:

90% of his congregation are poor,wonderful
I am not. You are a pathetic liar!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by Owologbo(m): 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
JAMO84:
Why will you be worried, when you have a large army of worshippers that happily fund your extravagant life style.

Every time, we warned you, we warned you, all your warnings were useless. If your favorite president is still there, things would have been ten times worse.

Even madam Ngozi knew what was coming.

PDP DESTROYED NIGERIA

BUHARI IS THE ONE TRYING TO FIX NIGERIA
in everything, make sure you don't lack sense.
This moronic government increases VAT, introduced stamp duty on any money transferred/received that's #10000 and above (your own money), they increased fuel price saying they have removed subsidy (they turned around and called it under recovery), they have borrowed more than the 16yrs of PDP and they are not yet done borrowing.
It took the dullard to appoint ministers, only to end up appointing fellow 95% idiots.
The list goes on, but those with fossil brain can't stop defending nonsense.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by Naijaolosho2: 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
JAMO84:
Why will you be worried, when you have a large army of worshippers that happily fund your extravagant life style.

Every time, we warned you, we warned you, all your warnings were useless. If your favorite president is still there, things would have been ten times worse.

Even madam Ngozi knew what was coming.

PDP DESTROYED NIGERIA

BUHARI IS THE ONE TRYING TO FIX NIGERIA

You are a demented fellow. Your soul has been sold to the devil.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by Ever8090: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
I do not support Buhari and his goverment but this man too should getat!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
lexy2014:

What was wrong with d economy?

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by lexy2014: 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
[quote author=MICHEALADEX post=108436945][/quote]

what does that mean?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
Baawaa:

90% of his congregation are poor,wonderful
It's not true, sir
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by timefarm(m): 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
ReubenE:
No be lie

Even the President is not suffering any sleepless nights.
When the noise from complaints get too loud, he calls Femi Adesina to check anywhere in the world they are holding parties, then zoooom...he is off.

Nigerians should be wise enough in the coming years never to inflict themselves with this type of bad luck spinning government

Modified: Most of this government's apologists are unwell, and one can easily tell from the way they talk.

They talk of Covid, government already borrowing as far back as 2014, Oyedepo being a fake man, PDP stealing for 16 years etc as part of the reasons for the hardship in the country.

Firstly, this government has been useless right from the day it was inaugurated. There is no development indicator one can easily point to that was initiated by this government before the advent of Covid.

Secondly, whether government was already borrowing as far as 2014 is immaterial because this present government has not stopped borrowing. With over ten trillion borrowed, stifling custom duties, VAT increment, oil proceeds etc, this government has not been able to translate the above to any thing meaningful. Borrowing is never a problem when it is for economic gains. It becomes a problem when it is for burying the dead, and the latter is what Buhari is doing.

Thirdly, its quite disheartening most people don't recognize the powers of the office of Mr President in a State system. He is the embodiment of our sovereignty, and in most cases holds power over life and death.
Comparing what he can do, or ought to do with such power with that of a man of god is not only nonsensical but also stupid.

Buhari is elected and paid to secure Nigerians, make our lives better and secure better hope for the future, a future we should be proud enough to bequeath to our children. Oyedepo whether a fake man or not is none of our business. He is a business man that has not violated any known Nigerian law. Nigerians never elected him as a pastor so he is not responsible for securing the country, Buhari is paid to do that.
Deflecting attention from the ineptitude of this government to perform with the narrative that Oyedepo is fleecing his congregation is not only whataboutism but also stupid. Its just like the proverbial chicken that left the knife that killed it to fight against the pot.
Religious places are swelling with people today largely because of the hopelessness inflicted on them by this government. It is a truism that when government makes lives better, people will have very little reasons to run to religious institutions for succor.

Fourthly, the narrative that Jonathan would have been worse is very depressing to hear. Does that narrative mean Nigerians deserve what they get now, or should be grateful for what they are currently going through? This line of thought can only be found among people with severed attachment from common sense.
Part of the reasons elections are conducted every four years is for new governments to correct previous mistakes and make lives better generally. Buhari is not elected to inflict more deaths, poverty, hate for one another, hopelessness etc on Nigerians.

Lastly, because I have to stop. Oyedepo having sleepless nights will not save Nigerians from been mowed down by terrorists as they are currently doing all over the country. Sounding the warning alarm, telling truth to power etc are part of the few things he can do as a private citizen.
Nigerians should be more worried that their President is not having sleepless nights despite the number of daily deaths in the country. A president that goes to parties all over the world when his citizens are mowed down daily. Nigerians should be more worried that their president is not suffering any sleepless nights despite the wanton poverty and crime rate that has bedeviled our national life. A president that is not showing any signs that he is willing and ready to do the job he is elected for.
I'm sure Nigerians that has lost loved ones to the wickedness of this government are not bothered if Oyedepo is sleeping well or not because they know they are not his responsibility.

Nigerians should learn to hold their elected public officials responsible for our national misery. People are dying in large numbers due to human actions yet we are more interested in how Oyedepo is the gatekeeper of hell, or how he is robbing from his church members.

Face your comatose president that has destroyed every shred of our national life and civilization
This is like a word on a marble.
IlovedemManna I hope you can see sensible post by a Nigerian like you. Shame on you ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by JAMO84: 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
Naijaolosho2:

You are a demented fellow. Your soul has been sold to the devil.
While your own soul is sleeping with the angels abi?

Ode buruku
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by JAMO84: 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
Owologbo:

in everything, make sure you don't lack sense.
This moronic government increases VAT, introduced stamp duty on any money transferred/received that's #10000 and above (your own money), they increased fuel price saying they have removed subsidy (they turned around and called it under recovery), they have borrowed more than the 16yrs of PDP and they are not yet done borrowing.
It took the dullard to appoint ministers, only to end up appointing fellow 95% idiots.
The list goes on, but those with fossil brain can't stop defending nonsense.
Yen yen yen

At the end of your PDP slave masters regime, na borrow to pay salary end ham, despite making the most revenue since 1914

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by Owologbo(m): 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
JAMO84:
Yen yen yen

At the end of your PDP slave masters regime, na borrow to pay salary end ham, despite making the most revenue since 1914
All the taxes introduced by your slave masters, what have they done with them?
They have already borrowed your future if you don't know.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by Tundex911: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
Even if you are given chance to head the nation, what are you gonna tackle first sir??

Hope not to become the number billionaire in Africa??

Oluwa a wa pelu wa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by NLPoliceWoman: 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
ZendayaColeman:

Omooo you're a big FOOL
Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 2

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
nickxtra:
It's not true, sir

I need your help
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nigeria will succeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 14, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
Nigeria will succeed

How?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Facts About Orisa Aje: The Goddess Of Wealth & Prosperity - / "Buhari, Stop Fighting Corruption" - Prophet Ayodele / Challenges Of Getting Married To A Strict Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.