Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) (117062 Views)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Akure (aluminium Phase) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2011
diordaves:

the security post is so cute now with the on-going roofing work. Well done Spyder880

Thank you, wait till I upload the pictures I took there yesterday, those guys are professionals. When I hire people to work for my clients, the quality must show. I always like to take extra measures to satisfy a client. Perfection is my goal, excellence will be tolerated.

1 Like

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
atasteve:

My broses smiley, pls is it true that .7 guage thickness is not used for residential house.

What is the maximum guage for residential house?

Please, what do you mean by 7 guage thickness, can you calculate this in mm size so we can understand more. Thank you.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2011
@liujenny,I will need our stone coated step tiles very soon,is it possible to get directly from you so as to keep cost low,thanks and expecting your reply.
-----------------------------------------
its not very easy. because i wanna make friends with distributors.and civil engineers etc.now already get some.from nigeria.

but they come to pay money in china and send containers,  if u can trust me.i still say dont send money to me, come to china, dont easily trust people and send money to stranger.

our top quality is new zealand brand steel.   we have partners in abuja,lagos and port harnt. 30 years guarantee

we do quality product same like metro tile quality. factory price will be half compare with them.but should add the sea shippment fee. full container shippment is about 3000USD,28 cube meter.but if only a few cube meter u need. price should be a little high.

there is a kind of low quality sheets from china. i know. very cheap,but our factory dont do, 3-5 years life finish.   6 usd per square meter,  >_<

for privite house using, the quantity always be 900-1200pcs, (450-600 square meter.) 3-5 cube meter space.
----------------
we have 3 levels .our top quality is 10usd, but maybe should add 1 dollar=11usd, untill the goods reach you city. half dollar pay in china (shippment) another half pay in nigeria for clean the custom etc.other things.
----------------
its possible to come to china to buy. sofa, doors,windows,roofs,ceramic tiles, 28 cube meter container is easy to full. thats how nigerians do, all come to my city.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
factory

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
roof 3
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 4:43am On Jun 27, 2011
roof 3

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 4:46am On Jun 27, 2011
roof 4

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:12am On Jun 27, 2011
looking from inside the house

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:49am On Jun 27, 2011
roof 6

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:56am On Jun 27, 2011
roof 5

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fidelo726: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
its nice to see those timbers well positioned.
good job guy.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fidelo726: 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
But, if i have my way the recess on the roof should correspond with the existing one from the wall.
that gives a somehow construction that is similar to what we have in the roof plan.
cos i can see some differents btw what is on the drawing from what is on land.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2011
Ummmmmmmmmmm
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2011
Fidelo726:

But, if i have my way the recess on the roof should correspond with the existing one from the wall.
that gives a somehow construction that is similar to what we have in the roof plan.
cos i can see some differents btw what is on the drawing from what is on land.

Thank you so much for this, you are very observant, and its attention to details such as this that make me improve with every job. First, I will like to point out to you that the roof plan you see was pictured upside down, (a mistake from my picture file) making the front to look like the back of the house. There is no recess in the front, only at the back, but even at that we didn't like to stick to that plan. There are sometimes in building where you have to use your creativity towards satisfying your client.
The first day my carpenter and I climbed this roof, he noticed that recess and measured its distance from the wall, he told me he will close the recess and run the roof straight at that section. I agreed because an open recess at that backyard will mean rain water can fall directly into the window just below the recess, same as sunshine. Another thing I remembered was that a good flower pot/vase is best covered and can fit into the floor under the window, covered by the roof and not exposed by a recess. There were a few minor modifications we made to the roof plan where we think what they drew was not necessary. My men are experts and as he stood on that roof, he redrew the whole roof and made suggestions to me. I love working with workmen who can think outside the box and make improvements where necessary, with my consent of course.
Please feel free to point out more observations about this job, where I make a mistake, I can correct it as we are all human and still learning. smiley
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 12:24am On Jun 28, 2011
Expense update.

Nails N 1800
paid the carpenters another 45k (bringing the total advance to 115k)

Total money spent on this roof for now is N435,900.00.

Some wood are still remaining and they have started putting up the facial boards. They made me to understand we still need to buy some more wood, 3x3 size purling to complete the outside ceiling and hanging of the facial boards. I don't think it will be more than N15k worth of wood to round up.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 12:44am On Jun 28, 2011
I will not forget to mention that there will be a few pieces of wood not used from our initial purchase, like 3x4x12 wall plates (4) 2x2x18 (2) and some may still remain from other wood. I will use this remnants and do something else for my clients. I am mentioning this for the sake of accountability.

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by AmAlone: 7:31am On Jun 28, 2011
spyder880:

I will not forget to mention that there will be a few pieces of wood not used from our initial purchase, like 3x4x12 wall plates (4) 2x2x18 (2) and some may still remain from other wood. I will use this remnants and do something else for my clients. I am mentioning this for the sake of accountability.

Spyder, you doing well
The above quoted is not your fault
it is in evitable!!!!!
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fidelo726: 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
Well done spyder
keep the job going.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2011
Reporting to learning session
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fidelo726: 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
Estimated cost is not the same as actual cost,
by this i mean your final estimated quantity might be different from what is needed.
But this is mostly due to variations arising from changes and modification on the structure.
But as a contractor, one need to be careful and if error is to be made it should be on the safer side.

Your client counts on your professionalism to give him the amount required to deliver the project.
In most cases, if you underestimate you have definitely blown your profit and can only make up from other aspect of the job.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
Fidelo726:

Estimated cost is not the same as actual cost,
by this i mean your final estimated quantity might be different from what is needed.
But this is mostly due to variations arising from changes and modification on the structure.
But as a contractor, one need to be careful and if error is to be made it should be on the safer side.

Your client counts on your professionalism to give him the amount required to deliver the project.
In most cases, if you underestimate you have definitely blown your profit and can only make up from other aspect of the job.

Very true as I have had some close shaves sometimes. I however hope to be too close to the actual because rather than falling short.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2011
what a nice roof , nice pics, @spyder880.how long will it take to finish the roofing?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2011
rastaman20:

what a nice roof , nice pics, @spyder880.how long will it take to finish the roofing?

By now those guys are supposed to have left that site and shift to another of my sites, but they will work another 3 days here. I have reduced their number and the work will be slower.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 12:57am On Jun 29, 2011
So what happened on site today?
update your students oh
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:32am On Jun 29, 2011
Fhemmmy:

So what happened on site today?
update your students oh

The carpenters asked for 2 days off and I granted them Monday-Tuesday, they will be on site today to start hanging the facial boards.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fidelo726: 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2011
@spyder,how many buildings do you have on that plot.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2011
spyder880:

The carpenters asked for 2 days off and I granted them Monday-Tuesday, they will be on site today to start hanging the facial boards.

Kool, so lemme fasten my seat-belt, cos would be a fun day
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 6:37pm On Jun 29, 2011
the work is very nice, but maybe a little slow! come on! grin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fidelo726: 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
liujenny:

the work is very nice, but maybe a little slow! come on! grin

Na condition make crayfish bend
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2011
^^^ Lol
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2011
Good things takes time to show its beauty. grin grin grin grin grin. slow and steady wins the race. grin grin grin.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2011
rastaman20:

Good things takes time to show its beauty. grin grin grin grin grin. slow and steady wins the race. grin grin grin.

Besides, Spyder was not born in Russia . . . so why rushing ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

ELECTRICAL, AUDIO SYSTEM, CCTV, FIRE ALARM, ELECTRIC FENCE INSTALLATIONS.. / Lovely Designs For Nairalanders Who Wants To Build:Check in and Get yours / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.