Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,032 members, 7,849,163 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:34 PM

My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist (34585 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Media Ignore Dad's Losing Battle Over 7yr Old's Transition Despite Public Outcry / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Eifour(m): 10:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Do they believe in the Christian god

No,but they believe in God only because the idea of God is natural.

The idea of God is in you,and you like every other atheists,will always be restless to disprove the existence of God.

Every theist does not disturb themselves to prove the existence of God because they are among the proofs.

Bro,faculty reason is like every other faculties,they have their limits;our eyes can not see those organisms floating in the air,our ear cannot detect that ants make 'noise' and sense of reason is not different.

If Scientists have not seen the 'smallest thing ever', what about the greatest Being? The answer is simple,their sophisticated equipments is f by far,like a drop of water to an ocean, incapable.

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I thought you said you are the one who knows how to use contraceptives cheesy

Or do you go around with condoms in your purse for that willing and ready random guy who wants to wet his whistle?

Either way it shows a deep rot in your personality.

Condoms , pills, good luck with them but then again perhaps you should actually try getting pregnant. The hormonal changes might bring out the pleasant side of you and at least temporarily hide your horrible sides.

Just my own 2 cents sis smiley

Illiterate.

Who gave you a visa Mene?

You really bit off more than you can chew with this thread.

I hope you've learnt that your kids are special to YOU ONLY.

Liar for Christ.

4 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by darichlife: 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
The oneness of God with man can be likened to the ocean and the wave. God is the ocean and man is the wave. The wave cannot to be the ocean yet the wave cannot own a seperate identity from the ocean. Similarly, man cannot claim to be God yet man is not seperate or apart from God.
Forgetting who you are as a spiritual being who is endowed with all the powers of God Himself is the beginning of the problems of man.
Man needs to know this truth about himself. This knowledge alone will make his troubles and struggles to cease. Just as the ray of light is a unit of the sun, so are you a unit of supreme intelligence.
Man, you are of the full Glory of God, you cannot worship or know God until you awaken to this realisation of your spiritual nature. You cannot relate to the heavenly networks, states or realms in your consciousness that you are flesh and blood.
The path has been found. Who wants to know it?
LOVE...

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Illiterate.

Who gave you a visa Mene?

You really bit off more than you can chew with this thread.

I hope you've learnt that your kids are special to YOU ONLY.

Liar for Christ.

Be proud of your kid or kids (when you eventually decide to stop random sampling and condom advertisement sis) wink

I was not the one who resigned you to your fate. You know you can actually say no to the guys who want to wet their whistle right? That is a way better option than loading up on condoms in your purse all day. smiley
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 11:12pm On Dec 13, 2021
Eifour:

Bro,Deborah kelleman,a professor of psychologist, writes that the idea of God is naturally hardwired into human intuition,and infact,Paul Bloom a professor at Yale concludes that a child is naturally born a theist.The notion that there is no atheist in a foxhole supports this scientific fact.This is because the idea of God will always manifest itself in extreme situation.

You may be prentending not to believe in the existence of God,but the truth is,the idea of God will always be there,and this,makes all atheists relentlessly seeking proofs and reasons to convince themselves of theism. Richard Dawkins a notorious atheist is restless of this cause.
Lol because is a psychologist doesn't mean he speaking from available data. There have be stories of children raised my wild animals, they act exactly the animal which raised them so this counter your proof, secondly religion is what man used to explain his environment in the time past, go back and read the origin of the Jews god, you can take a cue from the bible, feature of god in as described my Moses is nothing more than a volcanic activity. Idea we passed down from generation upon generation, we were all born into religious homes until we decide scrutinized the facts. You see child is like a fresh computer, whatever he see or hears he copy. I own run a thought experiment because it barbaric in nature, as raise a child in total isolation and see the output. When the results is the child will remain a child if he is 50 years now, going by your theory of a person been hardwired from birth, that child been in isolation, should know about god which is 100% wrong.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by uchman(m): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
You people are intelligent, the write up and others but why do you guys love looking for each others trouble intellectually?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Be proud of your kid or kids (when you eventually decide to stop random sampling and condom advertisement sis) wink

I was not the one who resigned you to your fate. You know you can actually say no to the guys who want to wet their whistle right? That is a way better option than loading up on condoms in your purse all day. smiley

Upharsin, who gave you a visa?

You liar for Christ.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Lol.. grin

What do you expect from some naive superstitious cavemen? cheesy

And the funny thing is..

They go right ahead..

To indoctrinate and brainwash their children..

On their own brand of SUPERIOR BEING..

And here we are..

Thousands of years later..

Still regurgitating same old sh1t.. undecided

They forget we are all from one stock, and carry and spread our believe not before tweaking it to suit their own narrative

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nine2ten: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by darichlife: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
stancydg:

Very possibly an inherent desire to fill a certain lacuna. It's like an endless space in everyone, that needs to be filled simply because their "Manufacturer" put "eternity" in there. But how can you fill Eternity without Eternity Himself?

That's why He did say assuredly thus; "Except a man is born a second time, he shall not(see) "experience"/ know or be acquainted with, the Kingdom/Heaven of God.

See why it's important to have a new birth? The new birth always completes your belief with an experience of divine realities.
Hmmm talking about born again, known as Kayakalpa 500 yrs before Jesus talked about it. Also Madame Blavatski in her Esoteric books.
Ancient Mystics as well. Whats the best way to get born again.?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Upharsin, who gave you a visa?

You liar for Christ.

Go get pregnant sis. I am sure by now you get free complimentary condoms in the mail from the condom factory since you go through them real quick and in a hurry.

Go get pregnant and be proud of your seed. It just might be the help your horrible personality needs which psychologists have failed to place their finger on during your sessions. smiley

Oh get married first before you get pregnant but then again it's your Choice. smiley
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Semaj77(m): 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
OtemAtum:
Hmm. The BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY already predicted a time like this when at very tender age our kids will be arguing God-related matters. I'm happy seeing this already. The concepts of God which are available right now are the ones atheists and irreligious people see and antagonize. For instance, how will you say that God is Jehovah or Allah? Their personalities and frivolities are enough for a 5 year old kid of this generation to detect that they can't fit as God with their myopic explanation of creations, reality and the universe.

Maybe when the world finally comes to understand that THE TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE is God Almighty, then we might not be having atheists in the world again, since all atheists are aware that there is EXISTENCE and so there will be TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE(God Almighty). But for you to say that God Almighty is one of the gods in one religion or the other, then atheists will surely antagonize you.

So I think the reason why atheists keep talking about that your god is because you keep telling them that he or she is their God.

What a load of BS , "totality of existence" grin grin grin grin grin , you crack me up mate
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Semaj77(m): 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:
My Son is super smart and at 8 has already been given double promotion twice in school. The 1st one he got was in the 2nd term of that year and he was only able to join the new class in their 3rd term yet he still came first and the school thought it necessary to move him again. So he is now in a class with kids 3yrs older than he is and already besting them too.

We are a very God loving family and even though I have never sat my son down to talk to him about God, I do ensure he goes to Church with me and joins me in my daily morning devotions. I do notice that he has an extremely inquisitive mind and would rather watch educational channels on DStv than cartoons especially since they stopped showing his best cartoon "Goku"

So we have this neighbour who is from Greece. His 7 yr old son and my son can be considered best of friends and they visit each other at will. So on this day he came to visit and while they were hanging out I suddenly heard them arguing from his room. Normally their arguments would be over a video game or something else but this one was interesting. They were arguing about God!

I stood by the door and listened. Apparently that day revealed to me that my neighbour is an atheist but I never knew and he has been indoctrinating his 7yr old son along those lines because I clearly heard the boy say to my Son, "God does not exist, he is just a story"

So here is the convo

Him: God is not real, He does not exist, He is just a story

My Son: Ethan what did you say?

Him: God is not real, He is just like Santa who also isn't real

My Son: How do you know he isn't real?

Him: Well my dad said he isn't real because he just isn't. Have you seen him?

My Son: So your dad says God isn't real because he hasn't seen him? So something isn't real because you can't see it? But what about feeling Him?

Him: Feelings are not something we can um um fully determine because they can be misleading

My Son: How can you say Feelings are misleading, you are my friend right? (He goes yeah?) So how are you sure you are my friend if your feelings can be misleading. Can you say your feelings misled you into being my friend?

Him: No that's not what I was trying to say

My Son cuts him off with a sharp tone: So if your feelings did not mislead you into being my friend how then do feelings mislead you?

Him: Have you felt God before?

My Son: No but I do know that I think about him a lot

Him: umm umm but How would you possibly be thinking about something that does not exist

My Son: Exactly Ethan!

At this point I step into the room and cheerfully say Okay guys playtime is over (because I needed to stop the argument and get my Son to study by asking his friend to go home)

However his final comment "Exactly Ethan" resonated with me and made me think that comment was actually directed at Ethan's dad and not Ethan because apparently he had been talking about the non existence of God to his Son A LOT!

So how do you constantly talk or think about Something or Someone that doesn't exist?

Your son wasn't so smart in this argument
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Let me posit this analogy to an atheist.

Someone from the future comes to earth with a different door design from what we are used to.

We are used to doors with handles and we have seen it enough to have a preconceived notion that all doors must have handles or some mechanism which opens them.

This person from the future is standing on the other side of the door while the atheist is standing outside on the other side and wants to enter the house where the future man is but he can see the door but not the mechanism that opens the door.

So he keeps telling the future man that he cannot open the door because the mechanism to open it is not there.

There is a huge disconnect between atheists and the perception of a Christian. They do not know what we know nor can they see what we see or perceive so to them they blame us for their own shortfalls or inadiquacy despite clearly seeing and hearing the voice from the inside of the house which clearly shows that someone already entered the house using same door.

The problem is actually that of the atheist and not ours. All their questions about proof and so on is just their inadequacy screaming out loud like a Child who knows he cannot cross a busy road without the help of an adult but chooses to blame the cars instead. smiley
Your anology is lame, it should be the Christian in fact I prefer the word a religious person that is standing at the other side of the door an can't find the handle. Most of us was once religious before we decided to seek for greater truth so we are the future and you guys living in the past, we have tasted both world, whereas you guys are scared to leave confort zone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
Semaj77:

Though he is speaking from a place of emotion, I will rather he enjoys the moment
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Go get pregnant sis. I am sure by now you get free complimentary condoms in the mail from the condom factory since you go through them real quick and in a hurry.

Go get pregnant and be proud of your seed. It just might be the help your horrible personality needs which psychologists have failed to place their finger on during your sessions. smiley

Oh get married first before you get pregnant but then again it's your Choice. smiley

My dear. Safe sex is a good thing. If you stayed in school you'd understand how to important it is to wrap up.

Unlike you I haven't tainted the world's gene pool and done the public a disservice by duplicating myself tongue

Pious fraudster.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
Semaj77:

How dare you say that about his son?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:

My dear. Safe sex is a good thing. If you stayed in school you'd understand how to important it is to wrap up.

Unlike you I haven't tainted the world's gene pool and done the public a disservice by duplicating myself tongue

Pious fraudster.

Safe sex yet randomly executed with various whistles.

Yep safe it is.

Enjoy the free condoms sis you truly deserved them after so much publicity for the manufacturers. smiley
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Safe sex yet randomly executed with various whistles.

Yep safe it is.

Enjoy the free condoms sis you truly deserved them after so much publicity for the manufacturers. smiley

Eyya, is this the best you could do?

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Eyya, is this the best you could do?

It's actually the best you have been doing. Just needed to egg you on wink

Everyone deserves a support system. Even those who work with condoms grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

It's actually the best you have been doing. Just needed to egg you on wink

How far with your Greek neighbour?
Pious fraudster.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

How will feel if someone decided to go person on your kid or wifey, show some respect. in fact when I was a Christian I use to be very careful of my utterances but now lots are worst off. Though My quitting religious beliefs came from a place of knowledge, I must confess these days you lots sucks.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:

How far with your Greek neighbour?
Pious fraudster.

Don't worry. You will have a french Neighbour in due time smiley
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Don't worry. You will have a french Neighbour in due time smiley

Why, thank you.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2021
Blakjewelry:

How will feel if someone decided to go person on your kid or wifey, show some respect. in fact when I was a Christian I use to be very careful of my utterances but now lots are worst off. Though My quitting religious beliefs came from a place of knowledge, I must confess these days you lots sucks.

Redirect your words at the right person who attacked my kid unprovoked. Show some righteousness
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Eifour(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Lol because is a psychologist doesn't mean he speaking from available data. There have be stories of children raised my wild animals, they act exactly the animal which raised them so this counter your proof, secondly religion is what man used to explain his environment in the time past, go back and read the origin of the Jews god, you can take a cue from the bible, feature of god in as described my Moses is nothing more than a volcanic activity. Idea we passed down from generation upon generation, we were all born into religious homes until we decide scrutinized the facts. You see child is like a fresh computer, whatever he see or hears he copy. I own run a thought experiment because it barbaric in nature, as raise a child in total isolation and see the output. When the results is the child will remain a child if he is 50 years now, going by your theory of a person been hardwired from birth, that child been in isolation, should know about god which is 100% wrong.

Lol,well.The story of a baby raised by a wild animal,i haven't read that,though laughable,but i think you should write atleast the name of the researcher,i think that's a very good place to start.

The idea that man is born naturally a theist is not just an idea.....it's a fact.The same way we are born with sense of judgment as regards being right or wrong.The counter argument to this by atheists is that such intuitions are merely products of evolution,and this will lead to another contradiction.

If a child is raised in a moon the idea of God will always filter out. If one is raised in a moon and pushed down roughly in a moon by someone,such person will always consider the action wrong and hurtful
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:

Ogbeni shut up and stop typing nonsense

Someone will now think u have some special knowledge of Israel or Jews. Once again shut up
Always results to insult when you know you have nothing to offer. That is the tactics of small minds, using attack as means of defense. The knowledge I have is enough to crash your little brain. Why not come out with a valid point to counter what I have to say. I have read over a hundred non conical Jews text and historical decument and counting, when I was a Christian I have the bible from cover to cover, not even the pastor you run to for advice posseses half the knowledge I have so you don't shut your mouth only but your stupidity also.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by alphaNomega: 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Avengers don't exist yet 3 of the most successful movies on the planet are about them. Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter don't exist yet fans of either hold conventions and buy replicas of items from either franchise with almost religious gusto. The fact that we indulge in whatever fantasies we love doesn't give credence to their reality. Sure the 7yr old has been gleaning stuff off from his father and doesn't have the reflective capability of your 8 Yr old but that doesn't make your god real. Also your son might be right that not everything that real is seen but we talking of a living god not an unknown quantity. If a living god doesn't have evidence then there is no difference between your god and the Avengers.

Just letting you know I "liked" this post
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by TenQ: 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Exactly but somehow they concocted the line about me claiming my kid won the argument cheesy

Don't mind them jare!

Have a sweet night
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:

You're right.

The Adam and Eve story was a Jewish creation myth.

Every culture around the world had stories they told about how the world came to be.

These Nigerian hypocrites mock the oduduwa story and laugh at odududwa coming down from heaven.

But they fully respect that Jesus ascended to heaven as he was.
The Adam and Eve story predate the Jewish era. There is even a Jewish version that eve was not first wife of Adam but Lilith. The Jewish religion has dozen of text written over a long period of time, find them and read you will it is not a myth. So laugh at idiots professing their religion like it so special but it no difference every other myth out there like Zeus and odin

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
Yankee101:
There's nothing like a 7 year old atheist
A 7 year old is a mirror, reflecting the nearest opinions around him

But there is something like an 8 year old theist abi?

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 11:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
Blakjewelry:

The Adam and Eve story predate the Jewish era. There is even a Jewish version that eve was not first wife of Adam but Lilith. The Jewish religion has dozen of text written over a long period of time, find them and read you will it is not a myth. So laugh at idiots professing their religion like it so special but it no difference every other myth out there like Zeus and odin

Wait, so you believe them ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations / What's The Funniest Church Name You've Heard? / Rhoda Jatau Languishes In Prison After Sharing Video Of Deborah Samuel Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.