Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,374 members, 7,861,030 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:26 PM

My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist (34664 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Media Ignore Dad's Losing Battle Over 7yr Old's Transition Despite Public Outcry / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Yankee101: 3:38am On Dec 14, 2021
1Sharon:

But there is something like an 8 year old theist abi?
Do you know why there is an age of consent?

It's from research and experience that you're not matured enough to make certain independent and informed decisions until a certain age.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LivingTribunal: 4:02am On Dec 14, 2021
yusfatedeeprof:
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts
My dear this is simply moronic..

Bringing up Stephen Roberts quote here proves he's the m o r o n of morons like you. Yes just like he believes, I believe there's a KING of kings and LORD of lords, but the denotation of atheism isn't about you not believing in my own supreme God because there are different others you believe in, atheism is a belief that there is no God or gods, it is an outright denial of any devine being in existence. So saying that you are an atheist and believes in satan connotes to being a stupidly confused person. Get it?!

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Image123(m): 4:05am On Dec 14, 2021
LordReed:

Yes the difference is it is only in your mind and the minds of other believers, it has no objective manifestation. The sun has objective manifestation.

Indeed, and the millions of living proofs are in my mind and theirs too.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by marylandcakes: 4:18am On Dec 14, 2021
BlueAngel444:
is it the religion of your forefathers or which one

I will leave that question for you to work out.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by sonofthunder: 5:44am On Dec 14, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Yeah?

Try wrapping your head around a talking serpent..

A flying horse..

A multi headed monster..

And a God who sacrificed himself..

To save humanity from himself.. grin

You prove my point young one......... But I'll allow you enjoy yourself today......
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Franking: 6:29am On Dec 14, 2021
Tetehjewels:

He is smart enough to also know his verbs and nouns and how to apply them. An ability you sorely lack smiley

You and your fictitious son are the butt of jokes here as you can see.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Franking: 6:45am On Dec 14, 2021
hupernikao:

You left out a third individual which is central to this argument. Let me add it below (bold).

... either something is wrong with that method or with the individuals since they cannot agree on what they are experiencing. Or with a 3rd set of individuals who are not experiencing the God, since others are experiencing him but they dont.

LordReed
Five men who watch an event pass by, will give five different accounts of it, no matter how close their explanation are, their experiences will differ and will reflect in their explanations.

Now imagine a sixth man, who chooses to close his eyes to the passing event. He will have no experience to share, nor even know such events ever happened. Mostly even argue about its existence, asking for objective evidence.

This is the plight of an atheist.

You don't know what you are saying. Many atheists including myself used to be christians. Religion is faith based and faith simply means belief in what lacks evidence. Your analogy is therefore faulty.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Franking: 6:46am On Dec 14, 2021
TemmyT002:

You people never thought about the fact that there are millions of species yet to be found. So many things humans still understand.
Yet you think you are wise to know about your own creator. Are you freaking kidding me?
You are a nobody. Your opinion doesn't matter to that creator.

There's no creator as you know it/him/her. Of you say there's one then prove it.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Franking: 6:51am On Dec 14, 2021
hupernikao:

Sis, don't celebrate this. It's still day. Most of those likes are from those I call untrained psychologist who camouflage as atheist. Those are people we have here. They are neither here or there. Move with the weather. Living a loud mouthed life but no conviction. Time is the test of such. Time breaks them, and instead for them to face it and brace up they find the next level, the next in-vogue.

We have seen them come (with their likes/share) and go in this same forum. Only that their unannounced going is usually to change account or become special guest viewers. grin

So, lots didn't loose their belief as you posit, they only get confused under life pressures and needed a cover to voice the confusion. NL is the cover, atheism is the slogan.

If you don't console yourself then who will. Whatever makes you sleep at night. Atheism is bigger than you. Atheists refuse to accept the garbage you accept. Somewhere in Jeremiah God supposedly said " before you were formed in your mother's womb I knew you....." Think about that.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Franking: 6:55am On Dec 14, 2021
Tetehjewels:

He is smart enough to also know his verbs and nouns and how to apply them. An ability you sorely lack smiley

It's not enough to assert without proof. That's the problem I have with theists. Proof, my dear, proof. Teach your son to always prove his assertions.

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Immorttal: 6:58am On Dec 14, 2021
TemmyT002:
Whatever kids learn, they learn from their parents.
Don't forget, anyone who says there is no God is a fool. No be abuse. Na fact.
The evidences are around you.
From the lakes to the oceans to the sun to the moon to your entire body to your brain to the different fruits and foods and vegetables and plants and animals and photosynthesis and sex and DNA. All these didn't create themselves.
DON'T BE A FOOL
what if your God was not the orchestrator of all this? Will you be comfortable knowing a different thing (maybe allien) created them.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 14, 2021
Immorttal:
what if your God was not the orchestrator of all this? Will,you be comfortabme knowing a different thing (maybe allien) created them.

He's just quoting the overrated Bible
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Immorttal: 7:06am On Dec 14, 2021
Emperor88:

Thank you... his son never won the argument, it’s just that the other boy was not really smart . Just use Nigeria as an example that God doesn’t exist. Gbam! He wins
lol, because if it does, Nigeria, with the great numbers of religious leaders (president, governors, ministers etc) you'll expect this country to be God fortress grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 14, 2021
Yankee101:

Do you know why there is an age of consent?

It's from research and experience that you're not matured enough to make certain independent and informed decisions until a certain age.

That guy was born an atheist just like every other person....... before XYZ entered his head..... according to some people, faith is chosen but I find that baseless....faith is something that accidentally occurs in your head when certain messages enter your head ......it leaves by chance too.....if you say you choose to believe, that's just a manifestation of the faith... period.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by TemmyT002(m): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2021
Franking:

There's no creator as you know it/him/her. Of you say there's one then prove it.

Think about this.
There is something called intent. There is something called purpose.
Now think about pineapple.
It's sweet right?
What made it sweet? Why is it sweet? It also has nutrients. Why does it have nutrients.
I am using pineapple to illustrate why something exist.
Pineapple is sweet for a reason. It has a purpose.
Anything that has a purpose shows intent.
Anything that has a purpose cannot create itself. It means it was created with by an intelligent being.
That intelligent being is God.
If not, tell me why pineapple is sweet and why.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2021
hupernikao:

grin

Are you one of the untrained psychologist? You are showing the traits lately. What's troubling you?

What?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by TemmyT002(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2021
Immorttal:
what if your God was not the orchestrator of all this? Will you be comfortable knowing a different thing (maybe allien) created them.

What is the name of the alien?
An alien cannot work alone. It requires assistants. Numerous assistants.
Who are the assistants of this alien? And where are they?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Immorttal: 7:14am On Dec 14, 2021
Worksunlimited:

Blessed is he that hasn't seen but yet believes. John 20:29..

I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy spirit.

God don save me countless of times, I have seen death, survived and left people wondering how I did...

Nothing wey you fit tell me, The trinity exists..
my dear calm down, one day you'll die. You were just lucky just like every one of us who is alive now.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Menesh: 7:25am On Dec 14, 2021
sammysmiles:
According to Oxford scientists, who claims God doesn't exist..... humans have barely explored 2% of the world's constituents... So humans are yet to discover about 98% of the earth constitutents... So God can't fit into the 98%? You don't know a whole 98% of jxt the earth, talk more of other planetory bodies and the solar system in general and you said God doesn't exist? How were you able to come to the conclusion when billions of people believe in his existence? Probably those billions of people are jxt hallucinating right?

It is called mass delusion. It is a fallacy.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Menesh: 7:38am On Dec 14, 2021
thinkmoney:

You are spot on about your take on the issue. We think and fantasise about a lot of things that does not exist.
However, the proof of Gods existence is huge and profound. Think about the minute complexities and intricacies in nature and the intelligence and compassion animals exhibit and a rational mind will come to conclusion that these things couldn't have come by chance.

The answer is, we never know. Maybe it is aliens in other universe that is experimenting in our universe. The intellectually honest answer is "we don't know" how these overwhelming complexities came to be. Figuring out one and being overly stiff about it is being disingenuous.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by RussellRutherfo: 7:49am On Dec 14, 2021
Solofresh2:
You are spoiling that boy's psychological well being. You might not know now but the future of that boy will tell.
To be honest, you both are ignorant about God existence and you are polluting that boy's knowledge because this is not the time for him to focus on this type of things.
You People think you know God but you don't know even what God truely means and you can never know because you humans we are of the flesh.So you think the little you know is the ultimate Knowledge about God which is wrong.

Lies like this from the pit of hell should not be listened to. This is why every Christian child out there must be equipped to handle these objections to their faith from an early age.

The Atheist can pollute their children's mind but the Christian can't "pollute" their own child's mind and guide them alright. What nonsense!!!
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11am On Dec 14, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

Lies like this from the pit of hell should not be listened to. This is why every Christian child out there must be equipped to handle these objections to their faith from an early age.

The Atheist can pollute their children's mind but the Christian can't "pollute" their own child's mind and guide them alright. What nonsense!!!

The world's number one group that's equipping their children with the knowledge of God's word is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
There's no other. So let the JWs teach your children to become fully competent and completely equipped ministers of God's word in the future. They will not use it as a means of livelihood like those Yahoo big boys claiming pastors rather they'll become responsible adults in the society! smiley

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Menesh: 8:27am On Dec 14, 2021
Eifour:

No,but they believe in God only because the idea of God is natural.

The idea of God is in you,and you like every other atheists,will always be restless to disprove the existence of God.

Every theist does not disturb themselves to prove the existence of God because they are among the proofs.

Bro,faculty reason is like every other faculties,they have their limits;our eyes can not see those organisms floating in the air,our ear cannot detect that ants make 'noise' and sense of reason is not different.

If Scientists have not seen the 'smallest thing ever', what about the greatest Being? The answer is simple,their sophisticated equipments is f by far,like a drop of water to an ocean, incapable.

Yet we have no other alternative than the science method. The old methods are nothing more than speculations and make-believe.

Car, airplane, cellphone, modern medicine, just list them yourself. They are all science methods, solving the most difficult problems.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:39am On Dec 14, 2021
sonofthunder:

You prove my point young one......... But I'll allow you enjoy yourself today......
The Moral High Horse..

The last refuge of the inept religious fanatic..

You lot are very predictable..grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Yankee101: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2021
Crystyano:

That guy was born an atheist just like every other person....... before XYZ entered his head..... according to some people, faith is chosen but I find that baseless....faith is something that accidentally occurs in your head when certain messages enter your head ......it leaves by chance too.....if you say you choose to believe, that's just a manifestation of the faith... period.

Explain why isolated societies believe in a higher power
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Menesh: 8:46am On Dec 14, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Go get pregnant sis. I am sure by now you get free complimentary condoms in the mail from the condom factory since you go through them real quick and in a hurry.

Go get pregnant and be proud of your seed. It just might be the help your horrible personality needs which psychologists have failed to place their finger on during your sessions. smiley

Oh get married first before you get pregnant but then again it's your Choice. smiley

What's the meaning of getting pregnant, is that a name of person animal place or thing. Getat

Why not chill the fvck and enjoy your children rather than forming BB 9ja Wathoni here.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BlueAngel444: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Always results to insult when you know you have nothing to offer. That is the tactics of small minds, using attack as means of defense. The knowledge I have is enough to crash your little brain. Why not come out with a valid point to counter what I have to say. I have read over a hundred non conical Jews text and historical decument and counting, when I was a Christian I have the bible from cover to cover, not even the pastor you run to for advice posseses half the knowledge I have so you don't shut your mouth only but your stupidity also.

All this one na noise
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by RussellRutherfo: 8:50am On Dec 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The world's number one group that's equipping their children with the knowledge of God's word is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
There's no other. So let the JWs teach your children to become fully competent and completely equipped ministers of God's word in the future. They will not use it as a means of livelihood like those Yahoo big boys claiming pastors rather they'll become responsible adults in the society! smiley

grin grin

You mean those bigger yahoo 8-men thieves like Stephen Lett, Anthony Morris, etcetera that are siphoning your money and using it for their real estate business?

Many JW Kids in the West are already waking up from the lies of this organization. I could go on to mention many celebrities like Prince, Michael Jackson who were trained with JW background but ended up doing more for Satan. You see I see no difference between the JW organization and Atheism. The organization breeds her adherents for that position. Most jws who discover the organizational lies and leave the org usually end up that is 80% of them as Atheists and you begin to wonder with all that Jehovah indoctrination from childhood. They mostly head into Atheism.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2021
Yankee101:

Explain why isolated societies believe in a higher power
Because they are faced with the same question..

How did the world come about?

Believing in a higher power..

That created all things..

At the stage of their evolution..

Is a natural consequence..

WHAT else do you expect from crude superstitious cave dwellers ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Yankee101: 8:53am On Dec 14, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Because they are faced with the same question..

How did the world come about?

Believing in a higher power..

That created all things..

At the stage of their evolution..

Is a natural consequence..

WHAT else do you expect from crude superstitious cave dwellers ?

And why does Elon Musk believe in a higher power?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2021
hupernikao:

Was this part of what you read from the scriptures Sir.?
Some from archeological finding in Egypt, mesopotamia and various religious text Jewish tradition that the compilers of the bible didn't included but it doesn't mean they were not accepted by the Jewish people
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2021
hupernikao:

Quite interesting you have the Bible cover to cover. Just wondering what informed you to neglect your commitment to it if you have truly read it well.
The truth is if you want to be open minded when reading the Bible you will end up like me. It is what actually inspired this my quote. "In searching for the truth, you will find something more" my problem start while reading the Bible I fell in love with the history of man. my first copy was the history of the civilization of man. It explore the movement of man's civilization from ancient times, on further studies I discovered the bible was part history part oral tradition past down from mesopotamia tradition that is actually were they originated from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) / Rhoda Jatau Languishes In Prison After Sharing Video Of Deborah Samuel Killing / Pastor Curses Anybody Who Has Sex On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.