Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,281 members, 7,867,749 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist (34722 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Media Ignore Dad's Losing Battle Over 7yr Old's Transition Despite Public Outcry / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 7:51am On Dec 15, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I do not need to engage in a so called "intellectual banter" with anyone especially since I can do better by taking advantage of that person's penchant to argue and better my son through that by allowing him to think his own thoughts and state his own responses.

My Son is a chip off the old block and this means he takes after me when it comes to being smart.

It's not everyday one finds a willing human guinea pig so I may as well allow my Son utilize this opportunity.

He just got back from school by the way smiley

Following

Maka see how foolishness of YHWH reduces the wisdom of MEN to nought.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by freshalien: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Off point as usual.

But you know I said the truth. Christianity is for the foolish and gullible. Shalom!
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by NNTR: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:
Hmmm, yeah right, the end times people have been waiting for 1900+years, not holding my breath for that.

free to enjoy whatever fantasies you like, I'll stick with the facts.
Can you see, hear or smell electricity?
Do you factually know anything about electricity though, would what you know about electricity, have something to do with what you see , hear or smell electricity does?
Just because you don’t see, hear, smell, feel or talk with God, doesn’t mean God doesn’t exist.

StJohnofChrist:
That's just it, God is spirit. No man hath seen God at any time. But we see God in the man Jesus.

If after following atheists with their logic and proving that God exists within the superficial scope of science, and they choose not to see footprints of him. And then seek more outside science. Atheists want people to prove the existence of God within the scope of science and one can, but these evidences do not satisfy them as to them it bears no watermark of a God.

My question to atheists is do you know of the existence of black magic, juju and its effects?
If you don't, there is Google to figure out things, then think about it. Could there be a source of power behind these practices, of course the practicioner will claim he serves a god/idol, some will say spirits, just a doubt from you may make one show you proof on the go, perhaps by making something appear or disappear, etc.

We Christians, also have proof, it's called Miracles, Signs and wonders, by a higher authority than that of juju, voodoo, blackmagic. As he has promised us.
Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

It's so that Christ may be glorified.
I can show you.
The first sentence encapsulates what is most of men's or women's problem.
Indeed, and Jesus is God incarnated and personified, meaning God in flesh
Yeah, if God is incorporeal, then what are you?
Do most first know who and what they are?
That's the thing, because before trying to successfully know who or what God is, one first, has to establish and know who one is.
If one is carnal, then the one will struggle in the process of knowing God. The one wouldn't be able to relate before even leaving the starting block.

Until one subconsciously knows, who, 'I am ...', is, finding and knowing God will be impossible, it just leaves one committed to being a rebel
Removing God from existence, is a great act of rebellion. A man or woman without God, essentially is a bona fide rebel

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2021
freshalien:

But you know I said the truth. Christianity is for the foolish and gullible. Shalom!

Says someone who cannot connect the dots over a very simple inference. Foolishness and gullibility isn't a Christian thing. It's genetic for you
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 15, 2021
NNTR:
Do you factually know anything about electricity though, would what you know about electricity, have something to do with what you see , hear or smell electricity does?
Just because you don’t see, hear, smell, feel or talk with God, doesn’t mean God doesn’t exist.

The first sentence encapsulates what is most of men's or women's problem.
Indeed, and Jesus is God incarnated and personified, meaning God in flesh
Yeah, if God is incorporeal, then what are you?
Do most first know who and what they are?
That's the thing, because before trying to successfully know who or what God is, one first, has to establish and know who one is.
If one is carnal, then the one will struggle in the process of knowing God. The one wouldn't be able to relate before even leaving the starting block.

Until one subconsciously knows, who, 'I am ...', is, finding and knowing God will be impossible, it just leaves one committed to being a rebel
Removing God from existence, is a great act of rebellion. A man or woman without God, essentially is a bona fide rebel

We can test,measure,detect and use electricity. Something we can't do for your god who has been useless since time memorial. The only thing he gives is false hope which is still false

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 15, 2021
ifyken:

We can test,measure,detect and use electricity. Something we can't do for your god who has been useless since time memorial. The only thing he gives is false hope which is still false

How can you claim God has been useless and that he gives false hope since according to you he does not exist.

Why would yofu be speaking so personally about a God which does not exist to you? Or do you not know the meaning of DOES NOT EXIST?

Are you being delusional or becoming a candidate for psychiatric evaluation?

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by freshalien: 9:27am On Dec 15, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Says someone who cannot connect the dots over a very simple inference. Foolishness and gullibility isn't a Christian thing. It's genetic for you

Says the one who was hiding under the smartness of his son when faced with serious arguments which discredited his erroneous claims. Smh. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by NNTR: 9:43am On Dec 15, 2021
ifyken:
They took 23k from my account just not up to 3 months ago. God sha help me

ifyken:
You are right if we were in a normal country we could drag the bank to court but in Nigeria that court cases can last until the person die, we just have to leave it to God

ifyken:
Thank God say you save am because the guy go run delete am. It is probably like it Photoshop

ifyken:
No talk of palliatives at all, may God help us

ifyken:
Thank God and thank you doctors, keep up the good work and may God bless you all

ifyken:
You have effectively and completely analyzed the nightmare of many Nigerians today. God bless you embarassed cry

ifyken:
We can test, measure, detect and use electricity. [s]Something we can't do for your god who has been useless since time memorial. The only thing he gives is false hope which is still false[/s]
1 Corinthians 13:13
Three things will last forever—
faith, [abiding trust in God and His promises],
hope [confident expectation of eternal salvation],
and love [unselfish love for others growing out of God’s love for you, I and all]
— and the greatest of these three [choicest graces], is love.

Go and sin no more

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 15, 2021
freshalien:

Says the one who was hiding under the smartness of his son when faced with serious arguments which discredited his erroneous claims. Smh. undecided

Wow I never would have thought my Son would be making you feel so insecure cheesy

8yrs old o. Na wa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2021
NNTR:

What you wrote has very little to do with what I wrote. You guys believe your Jesus is coming soon and that everyone will see him. Well, 1900+ years later and you are still waiting for the soon coming Jesus. If this Jesus comes won't we be able to see, hear, smell, feel or talk with him? So how does what you wrote make any sense?

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by NNTR: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:
What you wrote has very little to do with what I wrote.
What I wrote had a lot to do with preemptive writing

LordReed:
You guys believe your Jesus is coming soon and that everyone will see him.
Well, 1900+ years later and you are still waiting for the soon coming Jesus.
it is impossible to answer how long is a piece of string.
Thats the reason why Jesus Himself, said that, only God the Father knows what exact time Him, Jesus is returning

LordReed:
If this Jesus comes won't we be able to see, hear, smell, feel or talk with him?
Of course you'll be able see, hear, smell, feel or talk with Him, if at that time, you chose to see, hear, smell, feel or talk with Him

LordReed:
how does what you wrote make any sense?
I am not surprised you didnt compute the sense in it

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2021
NNTR:
What I wrote had a lot to do with preemptive writing

You were simply trying to dribble your own shadow.

it is impossible to answer how long is a piece of string.

Like this just doesn't make sense. A piece of string can be measured and its length known.

Thats the reason why Jesus Himself, said that, only God the Father knows what exact time Him, Jesus is returning

Not my problem. When you tell me your Jesus is coming soon and its the same refrain that has being used for the past 1900+ years then I wonder why you think I should hold out any hope that your coming soon narrative holds any water.

Of course you'll be able see, hear, smell, feel or talk with Him, if at that time, you chose to see, hear, smell, feel or talk with Him

If I choose? He's not going be here physically?

I am not surprised you didnt compute the sense in it

Indeed, it is surprising you think you are making sense.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by NNTR: 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:
You were simply trying to dribble your own shadow.

Like this just doesn't make sense. A piece of string can be measured and its length known.

Not my problem. When you tell me your Jesus is coming soon and its the same refrain that has being used for the past 1900+ years then I wonder why you think I should hold out any hope that your coming soon narrative holds any water.

If I choose? He's not going be here physically?

Indeed, it is surprising you think you are making sense.
it is impossible to answer how long is a piece of string, is telling you no one knows the exact day Jesus is coming back.
Could be a second time, two seconds time, three minutes, four hours, five days, 6 weeks, 7 months, 8 years, 9 decades,100 years, a millennium time

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
NNTR:
it is impossible to answer how long is a piece of string, is telling you no one knows the exact day Jesus is coming back.
Could be a second time, two seconds time, three minutes, four hours, five days, 6 weeks, 7 months, 8 years, 9 decades,100 years, a millennium time

Yeah, the end times can be 10,000 years long just keep believing. LoL. As I said not my problem so not holding my breath.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Do you want God to reveal himself to you in undoubtable ways?
Even though you can't recognise his presence yet.

He can start by introducing himself personally and objectively.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BePrepared: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:
I would like to see one of you multiply 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish to feed 5,000 hungry people. Let's start from there.

Its only a mad man that can do that, I'm a magician to start multiplying fishes and bread to what end?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by DemMannaScam: 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mumu
Wetin u sabi?

Semaj77:

Your son wasn't so smart in this argument

THIEF!!! cheesy
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
BePrepared:

Its only a mad man that can do that, I'm a magician to start multiplying fishes and bread to what end?

LMAO! So by your own reckoning Jesus was a mad man. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Image123(m): 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:

Sure. Just as people in the past used to attribute lightening to their gods you amd your fellow believers are doing the same now.

Just that this is not lightning but personal experiences and miracles.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by hupernikao: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
freshalien:

Oh, I have done my research. Years and years of research. I am well prepared. So come with your arguments. Bring it on, I am ready!

Me? Argument? You are the one who has argument to present. But your comments doesn't show you have carried out enough research to even be able to discuss properly on the facts of the scriptures. You have more work to do, it obvious..

Fir example, can you tell me where and how and what you study as research.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:

Sure. Just as people in the past used to attribute lightening to their gods you amd your fellow believers are doing the same now.

Lightening, thunder, heat, cold, evaporation. Condensation, rainfall, etc.. All a suspiciously perfect brew of nature which helps grow and sustain life on Earth.

Now you may also at this point want to point out natural disasters and use that against God but then again with all the natural disasters data still confirms that the Earth's population is growing at such a stupendous rate and not dying off as you would want us to believe due to natural disasters.

We cannot make an omelette without breaking a few eggs right?

Fix God anywhere in the above. Thank you smiley
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by hupernikao: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:

How is the atheist choosing to close his eyes to passing events that are not objective? You can't show me a video clip of whatever vision experience of Jesus or your god you had so what exactly am I supposed to be seeing?

LMAO @ plight. Its more a plight to believe your fantasies are real. Bwahahahahaha!

. Don't deviate from your illustration. You gave the illustration, I only help you complete it.

Your argument was that people weren't supposed to have different experiences of God.

My addition is that people have differing experience including not seeing at all is an experience on its own.

So if people told you they felt or experience something, and you don't have such. It's 4 things.

It's either

1. they lied
2. Or you lied
3. Or you lack the ability to experience it
4. Or both of you are lying.

In this discuss, I will go with the 3rd for an atheist.

Constantly denying multiply people's experiences, even when it's from people you trust in other things around you, isn't smart enough.

Even in secular world and science, repeatability of an experience is to prompt an investigation not a denial in its pattern.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by hupernikao: 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
Franking:

And if I don't I'll end up in hell fire, right? My brother, it ain't worth my time. Enjoy the knowledge that came with ur sacrifices. I'll be mad to envy u when I had the chance and chose not to.

You must have read about hell too much since you even have fire added to it.

Brother, you need to learn the right things, thus is key for you. Days are coming when your knowledge will be tested, you can't build a conviction on false information. It won't hold ground. I hope you get this.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Eifour(m): 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:

On which page did he say what you said he asserted.

Read again.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
Eifour:

Read again.

I have and no where in it does he say a child is naturally born a theist.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
hupernikao:

. Don't deviate from your illustration. You gave the illustration, I only help you complete it.

Your argument was that people weren't supposed to have different experiences of God.

My addition is that people have differing experience including not seeing at all is an experience on its own.

So if people told you they felt or experience something, and you don't have such. It's 4 things.

It's either

1. they lied
2. Or you lied
3. Or you lack the ability to experience it
4. Or both of you are lying.

In this discuss, I will go with the 3rd for an atheist.

Constantly denying multiply people's experiences, even when it's from people you trust in other things around you, isn't smart enough.

Even in secular world and science, repeatability of an experience is to prompt an investigation not a denial in its pattern.

You can show me where I denied your experience of god or else you're just indulging in a strawman.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Lightening, thunder, heat, cold, evaporation. Condensation, rainfall, etc.. All a suspiciously perfect brew of nature which helps grow and sustain life on Earth.

Now you may also at this point want to point out natural disasters and use that against God but then again with all the natural disasters data still confirms that the Earth's population is growing at such a stupendous rate and not dying off as you would want us to believe due to natural disasters.

We cannot make an omelette without breaking a few eggs right?

Fix God anywhere in the above. Thank you smiley

And where did I state that I want you to believe the Earth's human population is depleting due to natural disasters? You went completely offpoint and started attacking an argument I never made. Maybe have your 8yr old read my post you responded to, he might be able to explain it to you.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2021
Image123:

Just that this is not lightning but personal experiences and miracles.

What ever it is you are attributing it to a god with any direct causal links. Its almost pure conjecture and a superstitious one at that.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:

And where did I state that I want you to believe the Earth's human population is depleting due to natural disasters? You went completely offpoint and started attacking an argument I never made. Maybe have your 8yr old read my post you responded to, he might be able to explain it to you.

No need to get all hot and bothered because I helped you present your next line of argument before you could use it smiley

You atheists when cornered try to push the argument of earthquakes, tsunamis or other natural disasters to fault God but because I caught you before you could you just had to redirect and attack me Son instead cheesy

Typical when the brain well runs dry for you guys
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by freshalien: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
hupernikao:

Me? Argument? You are the one who has argument to present. But your comments doesn't show you have carried out enough research to even be able to discuss properly on the facts of the scriptures. You have more work to do, it obvious..

Fir example, can you tell me where and how and what you study as research.

To answer your question, I used to be a seminarian, wanted to became a priest. So for a couple of years of my life, I studied the bible for a living. I did nothing other than study the bible like my life depended on it. I studied that book front to back, back to front. I also studied so many other books surrounding Christianity as well as other books not included in the current version of the bible. Hope I answered your question about where, how and what I studied in my research?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yankee101:

Do you know why there is an age of consent?

It's from research and experience that you're not matured enough to make certain independent and informed decisions until a certain age.

If there is nothing like 7 year old atheist, there can't be an 8 year old theist either.

Don't be a hypocrite.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Yankee101: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
1Sharon:

If there is nothing like 7 year old atheist, there can't be an 8 year old theist either.

Don't be a hypocrite.

Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. 

Bible Proverbs 22:6

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply)

Anja Ringgren Lovén Named The World's Most Inspring Person 2016. PICS / Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m / Daddy Freeze To Stephanie Otobo: "Tell Us The Politicians That Paid You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.