Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist (34373 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Media Ignore Dad's Losing Battle Over 7yr Old's Transition Despite Public Outcry / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by thinkmoney(m): 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnydon22:

In what planet did your son win the argument? First, your son tried to establish feeling as a basis for God's existence, committing the first blunder of mistaking emotions to somehow infer objective existence of an entity.

Then even though your son tried to establish feelings as a basis for the existence of God, he also agreed he never felt God but rather thinks about God a lot, how on earth is thinking about something a pointer that it exists in reality?

Thinking only alludes to conceptual existence not actual.

Example: Dragons does not exist because we think about them a lot, Captain America do not exist because we think of him a lot, the avengers do not exist because they awake intense emotions (feelings) in us whenever we read about their fictitious heroic deeds in comics or movies.

Conceptually, these fictitious ideas exist, in reality, they do not.

Your son strawmaned the other kids argument, based his on a faulty premise and just talked over the other kid.

There is absolutely nothing smart about your fictitious son, bring out your arguments proudly instead of trying to heap them on an eight year old that exists only in your imaginations.
You are spot on about your take on the issue. We think and fantasise about a lot of things that does not exist.
However, the proof of Gods existence is huge and profound. Think about the minute complexities and intricacies in nature and the intelligence and compassion animals exhibit and a rational mind will come to conclusion that these things couldn't have come by chance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by TheScientist: 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I do not need to engage in a so called "intellectual banter" with anyone especially since I can do better by taking advantage of that person's penchant to argue and better my son through that by allowing him to think his own thoughts and state his own responses.

My Son is a chip off the old block and this means he takes after me when it comes to being smart.

It's not everyday one finds a willing human guinea pig so I may as well allow my Son utilize this opportunity.

He just got back from school by the way smiley

From your various comments, i observed you are a very proud person. I only hope your son doesn't take after you.

12 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by SmartyPants(m): 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Atheism is a rejection of God
An Atheist states clearly that God does not exist

So how can there be any kind of conflict in their thoughts?

It is possible to hold a strong position, yet to entertain secret doubts. This is not unique to athiests, as even religious people may hodl such doubts.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
It's called belief though.
Coming to a state of acceptance of, conviction.

That's the limited scope of science.
The evidence of the supernatural activities.
But one thing is not common in the people I mentioned, it's the supernatural events.

According to history.
Some only lived in the era of war and in great control of power, some were scholars, some worked the supernatural.

There are historical records outside anything related to these men to prove these things really happened in their lives.
Except you are refusing to accept the care, scholarly display, studious effort in the intellectual methods of record keeping in history which relies on corroborative evidences and many more.
LordReed:

Believe is not a word I would use. I accept that these people existed in as far as we reckon that humans exist and have been existing for some time. The events in their lives that have no supernatural connotation are also accepted since they are the everyday things we see around us. The supernatural events are rejected because no evidence can be established for their actuality.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Havertz10: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Atheism is a rejection of God
An Atheist states clearly that God does not exist

So how can there be any kind of conflict in their thoughts?
all gods. cooked up fables that served as the universal answer to everything for fibble minded people.

6 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
No surprises that the more intelligent and wiser child believes in God.

This agrees with the general pattern in history, where those who believe in God have been observed to be exceedingly more intelligent than their ungodly peers including athiests.

Daniel 1:19-20 (KJV)

And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.
And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

This is also reflected in modern science where Isaac Newton, generally considered to be the greatest scientist in history was proudly a believer in God.

The idea by atheists that are more intelligent than those who believe in God is merely a figment of their imaginations, as history has clearly proven this to be baseless and false.

Your neighbor's son is surely in very good company. It's only a matter of time before your son makes him see how foolish it was to deny the existence of God as Isaac Newton did to those of his day.

God bless.
Ramblings of a nut job religious sheep..

The Bible and intelligence should never be mentioned in the same breath..

Talking snakes and flying horses.. angry

9 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Yankee101: 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
There's nothing like a 7 year old atheist
A 7 year old is a mirror, reflecting the nearest opinions around him

11 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
Havertz10:
all gods, cooked up fables that served as the universal answer to everything for fibble minded people.

Yet someone said Atheists do not consider Christians as inferiors.

Cc Bluezy13

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
lexy2014:

Can u fathom the universe? Can your mind accommodate the vastness of d universe?

If the universe is explained in concepts a human being can understand then yes. The vastness is a different thing that is a quality humans may always struggle with because of how limited our cognitive capacities are. Maybe if we develop that ability to link our brains with computers we will be able to comprehend that vastness.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by ReacherSaidNoth: 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

This is why I love him to death. It's because he has emotions and feelings and always aligns them with his reasoning practically all the time. He can be very opinionated yes but never condescending. He loves the challenge of a good debate so you are wrong with your assessment.

We are all storehouses of feelings and emotions, what is problematic is allowing them to override reason. If your son had been arguing with a Muslim boy who told him his belief in Allah was based on feelings just like your son's, how on earth could he disprove that without reason?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Ramblings of nut job religious sheep..

Talking snakes and flying horses.. angry

Atheists do not consider Christians as inferior

Cc Bluezy13

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by tollyboy5(m): 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
No surprises that the more intelligent and wiser child believes in God.

This agrees with the general pattern in history, where those who believe in God have been observed to be exceedingly more intelligent than their ungodly peers including athiests.

Daniel 1:19-20 (KJV)

And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.
And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

This is also reflected in modern science where Isaac Newton, generally considered to be the greatest scientist in history was proudly a believer in God.

The idea by atheists that are more intelligent than those who believe in God is merely a figment of their imaginations, as history has clearly proven this to be baseless and false.

Your neighbor's son is surely in very good company. It's only a matter of time before your son makes him see how foolish it was to deny the existence of God as Isaac Newton did to those of his day.

God bless.
But Albert Einstein never believed in God na cheesy

You're rushing to claim newton lol
Leave newton for his fellow scientist. Newton don't believe in the Trinity grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by thinkmoney(m): 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
OtemAtum:
If you will convince the atheists, then there must be just one generally-accepted God, but as it is right now, there is none. And what do you mean by saying 'atheists look down?'
Smart people mainly agree that there is an intelligent mind/ creator/ God behind all we have. But their description of him or the attributes ascribe to him are different. However, logic and even real unbiased science should lead anyone to a conclusion that there is no reaction (reality as it is) without a cause

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Havertz10: 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Ramblings of nut job religious sheep..

Talking snakes and flying horses. . angry
that's nothing compared to the creatures described in revelation, those ones will give any machination of aliens humans have today a run for their money

6 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
We are all storehouses of feelings and emotions, what is problematic is allowing them to override reason. If your son had been arguing with a Muslim boy who told him his belief in Allah was based on feelings just like your son's, how on earth could he disprove that without reason?

Until then smiley

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by TheScientist: 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
In my view, the other kid is smarter

17 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Mancrossfire: 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
Bluezy13:

In a quick attempt to render invectives you ended up accusing me of writing "Atheism is belief in unbelief"; whereas I actually wrote "Atheism is a belief in unbelieve".
Your inability to decifer the difference between "belief" and "believe" subjected you to the "amazing confusion" as you rightly put it.
Perhaps you should consult your 8 years old son..., Don't you think

Hat down for you man...RESPECT!!!

Please send me the books you read.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
The major concern is why should God reveal himself by man's predicted methods and definite ways. Why should it be within the confines of common sense since not all things that exist align with a common sense explanation and theme. By common sense I mean, according to a predefined set of rules for being.

LordReed:

An objective existing thing cannot be personalised without error. I am wearing brown shoes, anybody who sees me recognises I am wearing brown shoes. If someone comes and says I am wearing black shoes we realise something is going on with that person because he is attempting to personalise something objective. If a god exists and is revealing himself to individuals then either something is wrong with that method or with the individuals since they cannot agree on what they are experiencing.

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Same way one can be experiencing morning in Africa while it's night time in China right? We can be seeing the same sky but different PERSONAL experiences.

It is our objective beliefs still isn't it?

But we are not looking at the same sky. You are looking at the sky over New York while I am looking at the sky over Abuja, we aren't looking at the same sky. If we are both in New York in the daytime and you say it's day while I say it is night because of my personal experience then I am wrong, my personal experience notwithstanding. Of there is an objective god then you cannot all be having different opinions of his attributes or being.

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by MufasaLion: 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
None of my business. See how he kept screaming "My son" like he's won a jackpot.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Atheists do not consider Christians as inferior

Cc Bluezy13
Yeah?

As if you didn't see where he lauded your genius son for his superior intelligence?

Simply because he believes in some sky daddy? angry

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by sonofthunder: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I honestly do not care about anything you just said above. "Atheism is a belief in unbelief" cheesy amazing confusion.

Anyway what I said was Atheism is an unbelief period but if to you it is a belief in unbelief then good luck with your brand of coffee smiley

E shock you?

Arguing with atheists can be very tiring?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Farki: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

So how do you constantly talk or think about Something or Someone that doesn't exist?
OtemAtum:
Hmm. The BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY already predicted a time like this when at very tender age our kids will be arguing God-related matters. I'm happy seeing this already. The concepts of God which are available right now are the ones atheists and irreligious people see and antagonize. For instance, how will you say that God is Jehovah or Allah? Their personalities and frivolities are enough for a 5 year old kid of this generation to detect that they can't fit as God with their myopic explanation of creations, reality and the universe.

Maybe when the world finally comes to understand that THE TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE is God Almighty, then we might not be having atheists in the world again, since all atheists are aware that there is EXISTENCE and so there will be TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE(God Almighty). But for you to say that God Almighty is one of the gods in one religion or the other, then atheists will surely antagonize you.

So I think the reason why atheists keep talking about that your god is because you keep telling them that he or she is their God.

Why do you think about movies where the characters aren't real people?

Atheists have to talk about religion because in places like Nigeria, people use these delusions to influence public policy.

Sometimes they even kill others for expressing their unbelief.

Until not believing in religion is no longer a crime, atheists will continue to talk about it.

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
LordReed:

But we are not looking at the same sky. You are looking at the sky over New York while I am looking at the sky over Abuja, we aren't looking at the same sky. If we are both in New York in the daytime and you say it's day while I say it is night because of my personal experience then I am wrong, my personal experience notwithstanding. Of there is an objective god then you cannot all be having different opinions of his attributes or being.

Exactly ! We cannot be looking at the same sky in the scope of Omniscience.

Do you get it now? How can you narrow down God enough to fit him into your empirical experiment when you have not even been able to handle yourself?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Havertz10: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Yeah?

As if you didn't see where he lauded your genius son for his intelligence?

Simply because he believes in some sky daddy? angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy all weather father Christmas

6 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Austema(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I don't know what you are on about. Atheists are generally against the existence of any God or spiritual essence so it's got nothing to do with my God.

Their anti-belief has birthed in them the desire to always look down rather than looking "up"

I love the last statement

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Is it everything you know that you properly investigated to be true?
E.g: How Nigeria gained her independence, how there was a first and second world War, how you had a great grand grand father or mother, how you have substances called hormones in you.

Do you truly understand the topics therein or you have just come to believe it is true because of some conviction?

Of course you might later get to understand them yourself but that's the aim of communication, both kids were convinced.

Such can be the case of two grown adults too. Don't look down on kids' ability to understand.
safarigirl:
LOL

I'm just concerned that you people have so heavily indoctrinated kids that you are coming here to brag about them arguing over something they barely have their own ideas of.

Basically, both your son and the atheist Greek boy are parroting whatever narratives they have been fed by their parents, not even things they have studied and have a proper understanding of.

They are kids, their ideas are not even theirs.

This thread is just weird

4 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Seeck: 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Bluezy13:

You committed a fallacy of hasty generalization and also have wrong notion about atheism.
Atheism is not a movement. Atheism is a belief in unbelieve.
Atheism is diversified. It is erroneous to narrowly limit it to the state of being "against" God's existence.

You like pizza, I don't like pizza.
That doesn't mean I am "against" you eating pizza. Notwithstanding, I may also be against you eating pizza. So don't fallaciously generalize the impression that I am against you eating pizza.
Conclusively, atheism is of various categories.

Smart one���

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
The major concern is why should God reveal himself by man's predicted methods and definite ways. Why should it be within the confines of common sense since not all things that exist align with a common sense explanation and theme. By common sense I mean, according to a predefined set of rules for being.

Because that is how we know things that exist. Everything that we know for certain exists follows these rules.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Ofadaman(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
The problem with debate is that it doesn't tell you who's right or wrong. It only accepts the views of the person who gives a more concrete evidence which is judged and voted by a judge or masses which may be bias or ridden with prejudice.

5 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
Perhaps you just didn't understand the material you read quite well. Don't you see a possibility in that?
Sapiosexuality:
Religion is useful but a critical and philosophical look at the characters that make them up betray them.

I still don't understand how a loving father will throw you into hell fire to burn forever and ever for a crime (if it's even worthy to be called such) we committed in a very small span.

Whether God exists or not is not really my problem. My problem is with the morality of God. Is this God good? Is she/he worthy to be God? Is /she/he upright?

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by tollyboy5(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
safarigirl:
LOL

I'm just concerned that you people have so heavily indoctrinated kids that you are coming here to brag about them arguing over something they barely have their own ideas of.

Basically, both your son and the atheist Greek boy are parroting whatever narratives they have been fed by their parents, not even things they have studied and have a proper understanding of.

They are kids, their ideas are not even theirs.

This thread is just weird
To me the father is ignorant.

I don't know why this is on front page

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / Kenyan Pastor Demolishes Church After Catching His Wife Kissing His Assistant / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.