Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist (34361 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Media Ignore Dad's Losing Battle Over 7yr Old's Transition Despite Public Outcry / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
LordReed:

By gathering the evidence that points exclusively to the conclusion that it has objective manifestation.
Una just dey waste una time trying to use logic and reason to disprove god's existence. Every deep historian especially those on ancient culture knows yaweh is no difference from El which are among the many gods worship by the people of mesopotamia. Infact many people from Egypt and modern day Israel understand this but our people will still argue with them just because of sentiments. I tell 99% of Africa christians don't know shit about the many Jewish test. I was trying to to know more about god that actually lead me of that part. The key word here is ignorance and nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BlueAngel444: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Religion is useful but a critical and philosophical look at the characters that make them up betray them.

I still don't understand how a loving father will throw you into hell fire to burn forever and ever for a crime (if it's even worthy to be called such) we committed in a very short span.

If your son is really as super smart as you say he is, he'd get to this point and experience crisis but that crisis will give him better vision.

Whether God exists or not is not really my problem. My problem is with the morality of God. Is this God good? Is she/he worthy to be God? Is /she/he upright?

Ya but what happens if He isn't throwing any of His children into Hell

And He is just letting children of darkness go where they belong grin

I guess He would still be the bad guy abi cheesy
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
You are what you are in your beliefs because of what you digested too.
This is how man was designed to function. You can't obtain enlightenment outside an influence.
Solofresh2:

My brother you are deceiving yourself
Let's even assume it was your son that made the argument.Who the hell is he if I may ask?
Are you so foolish to know that what you feed your son with is what he will digest?
So does that makes him right in any way?

You are bragging about a boy that hasn't even experienced about life yet talkless of knowing if God exists or not

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BePrepared: 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You seem angry at a lot of things but certainly my Son or his little argument cannot be one of the things that has you all blowing hot.

First of all where in my OP did I remotely hint at my son winning the argument. I rather left it as anticlimactic.

I do know you are an atheist but then trying to indirectly bully my son through your comments with your choice of language is laughable and I am sure he would also laugh at this by the time I show him once he comes back from school.

I will type his response to you as he tells me because I want him to be the one to respond to you intellectually. That is how I got him to become smarter than those ahead of him and you certainly wouldn't be any different

Good luck with arguing with an 8yr old who knows how to hold his own any day of the week. smiley

One easy way to spot atheist is that they are usually angry, insulting and aggressive

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by seunayantokun(m): 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnydon22:

In what planet did your son win the argument? First, your son tried to establish feeling as a basis for God's existence, committing the first blunder of mistaking emotions to somehow infer objective existence of an entity.

Then even though your son tried to establish feelings as a basis for the existence of God, he also agreed he never felt God but rather thinks about God a lot, how on earth is thinking about something a pointer that it exists in reality?

Thinking only alludes to conceptual existence not actual.

Example: Dragons does not exist because we think about them a lot, Captain America do not exist because we think of him a lot, the avengers do not exist because they awake intense emotions (feelings) in us whenever we read about their fictitious heroic deeds in comics or movies.

Conceptually, these fictitious ideas exist, in reality, they do not.

Your son strawmaned the other kids argument, based his on a faulty premise and just talked over the other kid.

There is absolutely nothing smart about your fictitious son, bring out your arguments proudly instead of trying to heap them on an eight year old that exists only in your imaginations.

I like this your sledge hammer. I know say you go school well well.

The guy has to come out and tell us plainly his doubt about God's existence then we know what to tell him.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by SimplePlan34: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Oya show us where it is, since you say it is na

And for ur other words, bro, I said favor. You are typing mercy. Okay o, shebi the requirements for mercy is that you ask God to forgive you, or that blood was shed for forgiveness. Isn't that a common knowledge you should have at least heard or read of.

Eph 2, 8-9
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Oyiboman69: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnydon22:

In what planet did your son win the argument? First, your son tried to establish feeling as a basis for God's existence, committing the first blunder of mistaking emotions to somehow infer objective existence of an entity.

Then even though your son tried to establish feelings as a basis for the existence of God, he also agreed he never felt God but rather thinks about God a lot, how on earth is thinking about something a pointer that it exists in reality?

Thinking only alludes to conceptual existence not actual.

Example: Dragons does not exist because we think about them a lot, Captain America do not exist because we think of him a lot, the avengers do not exist because they awake intense emotions (feelings) in us whenever we read about their fictitious heroic deeds in comics or movies.

Conceptually, these fictitious ideas exist, in reality, they do not.

Your son strawmaned the other kids argument, based his on a faulty premise and just talked over the other kid.

There is absolutely nothing smart about your fictitious son, bring out your arguments proudly instead of trying to heap them on an eight year old that exists only in your imaginations.
you're wrong...there is never a basis for perfect explanation of the things of the spirit, and I can boldly say that the you shouldn't conclude with the dictionary meaning of 'feeling' in this premise...

However, in your claim of him writing a fictitious story... that I do not know about....
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Deicide: 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
I know the op Iying because no atheist would indoctrinate his or her child.

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I don't know what you are on about. Atheists are generally against the existence of any God or spiritual essence so it's got nothing to do with my God.

Their anti-belief has birthed in them the desire to always look down rather than looking "up"

Lol... Are you speaking for Atheists?

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BlueAngel444: 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
yusfatedeeprof:
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts
lol this statement is almost so smart, but there are people who believe in the almighty God, submit to Him while ignore the existence of lower gods, idols, and demons
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
Childofaking:

Mr Man, who told you the living God does not have evidence. Those who have relationship with him meets with him, communicate with him interact with him on a daily basis. Those experiences are not on social media. You too can seek him and find him.

If you are talking of those subjective experiences then that is not evidence because each of your subjective experiences are different and unquantifiable. Some one with a belief in a god different from yours is going to have a different subjective experience from you and there'd be no way to tell who is correct or not.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Martinez39s(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:
Had my kid read through your comment twice and he looked at me with a smile after reading it the second time and asked me to really explain to him what an atheist is (what is an atheist) those were his words after I had told him an atheist typed that. So had to take a few minutes to explain the who and what of atheism.

He paused and then said "okay".
I hope you accurately informed him on what atheism is. An atheist is someone who lacks belief in a supreme deity (or deities) in the same we all lack belief in unicorns, werewolves, vampires, dragons, a ceramic teapot at the centre of Neptune containing immortal fairies, etc.

This lack of belief primarily stems from the fact that there are no irrefutable evidences or sound arguments for the existence of all the religious gods known to man. Incalculable and obvious discrepancies (in logic and evidence) emerge when you carefully compare observed reality with that of the holy books. Atheists lack belief because there is no good and convincing reason to believe.

He now asked a question connected to your comment about feelings. He actually asked me the question but I will direct it to you instead.

He said,"Um Daddy when grandma left us did you feel sad?"

I said we all felt sad you know this.

He said did Uncle Dennis know Grandma before she left us? I said no he didn't (because Dennis is a new friend I just made from his PTA meeting for the new class and my grandma died 2yrs ago so he never knew me or her then.

He said if Uncle Dennis is told now that we all felt sad when grandma left us would he be upset at us?

I said I don't think so

He now said "why would someone get upset and argue my own feelings with me which I feel toward someone or something that makes me happy even if that person or thing does not exist?" He paused then continued

"I mean is it actually the non existence of that which makes me happy they are unhappy with or arguing about or they are arguing over my own feelings which are mine to have?"

"If I am happy over the thoughts about Grandma why should this be of any concern to anyone since to them they never met or knew or experienced Grandma right?"
I find this facetious and inane; ludicrous and disappointing. Either you gave your son the impression that atheists are angry partisans and that Johnydon22 was coming from a place of wanton and inexplicable hostility and anger or your son is really just as dumb as you are on this issue. After all, he is a chip off the old block. grin

Johnydon22 was clearly not upset or angry at your son feeling the way he felt, neither did he imply that your son never had the right to have felt how he wanted. All Johnydon22 did was simply point out the logical flaws of your son's argument; nothing more, nothing less. To imply otherwise is to let emotions get the upper hand instead of logic; it is strawmanning at its finest. It comes as no surprise that a grown man who sees mere disagreement or unfavourable take as indirectly bullying, hostility or anger would birth a son that would strawman Johnydon22's honest take in the manner he did. Your son takes after you, and both of you are thinking alike in the same lamentable fashion. Johnydon22's take remains valid and it is something anyone with an average IQ can grasp.

Now it was my turn to smile. This kid has a way with his thoughts and words and the way he pauses, looks down and talks as if he is reading it from somewhere it was written on the floor baffles me.
grin grin The whole ritual preceding the immense nonsense that came out of your son's mouth will surely amaze you since you both carry the same genes and esteem each other to be very sound in mind. The blind is leading the blind and they are making a great fool of themselves.

So that's his Question to you. He asks questions a lot so expect more of that if you reply this..afterall he is just 8 smiley
His question is not by any means profound. It shows he didn't even understand Johnydon22's post. I could have suggest rereading the post, but it would be futile. Like father, like son. grin Good night.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
Martinez39s:
I hope you accurately informed him on what atheism is. An atheist is someone who lacks belief in a supreme deity (or deities) in the same we all lack belief in unicorns, werewolves, vampires, dragons, a ceramic teapot at the centre of Neptune containing immortal fairies, etc.

This lack of belief primarily stems from the fact that there are no irrefutable evidences or sound arguments for the existence of all the religious gods known to man. Incalculable and obvious discrepancies (in logic and evidence) emerge when you carefully compare observed reality with that of the holy books. Atheists lack belief because there is no good and convincing reason to belief.

I find this facetious and inane; ludicrous and disappointing. Either you gave your son the impression that atheists are angry partisans and that Johnydon22 was coming from a place of wanton and inexplicable hostility and anger or your son is really just as dumb as you are on this issue. After all, he is a chip off the old block. grin

Johnydon22 was clearly not upset or angry at your son feeling the way he felt, neither did he imply that your son never had the right to have felt how he wanted. All Johnydon22 did was simply point out the logical flaws of your son's argument; nothing more, nothing less. To imply otherwise is to let emotions get the upper hand instead of logic; it is strawmanning at its finest. It comes as no surprise that a grown man who sees mere disagreement or unfavourable take as indirectly bullying, hostility or anger would birth a son that would strawman Johnydon22's honest take in the manner he did. Your son takes after you, and both of you are thinking alike in the same lamentable fashion. Johnydon22's take remains valid and it is something anyone with an average IQ can grasp.

grin grin The whole ritual preceding the immense nonsense that came out of your son's mouth will surely amaze you since you both carry the same genes and esteem each other to be very sound in mind. The blind is leading the blind and they are making a great fool of themselves.

His question is not by any means profound. It shows he didn't even understand Johnydon22's post. I could have suggest rereading the post, but it would be futile. Like father, like son. grin Good night.

You will heal from whatever pain you are struggling with smiley

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
Greek boy with the name Ethan?

Why must you religious people lie to prove a point?

4 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BePrepared: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
Bluezy13:

I'm equally trying to wrap my head round the "atheists look down" thing.

My observation is that he...as well as many christians think that because atheists do not agree with them, atheists see them as being inferior in thinking, as fools who are wallowing in absurd fantasy about a thing that doesn't exists.

Atheists actually look downward.

Theists believe they're from God, the supreme being, atheist believe they are from Chimps and apes, something lower than man.

Pity.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by XXXXTENTACION: 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Yet he knows HIS father loves him and so did his father's father and so on until we understand why we actually have the urge to love put in us and the "source" of this urge.

He is in safe hands. Thanks for your concern
Thesame God that claims to love all humans is also thesame God that drowned millions of humans in a flood... undecided

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:
Greek boy with the name Ethan?

Why must you religious people lie to prove a point?

That's his name. I spelled it the way it is pronounced. In Greek Ethan is spelled Aithan

I will forgive your ignorance. It comes with the territory

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:

ROFL

E get reason why for bible e talk say, na fool dey say God no dey.

If anyone believes that instead of accepting that it requires intelligence for creation, and therefore there is a supreme intelligence and it rules. Which is evident in our present day that intelligence rules the world. But instead believes like every brute fool that mindless actions are both cause and precedent.

How profoundedly foolish, to have a mind and still believe that creation is possible without.

It's soo stupid, it's like saying a baby can survive without intelligence or a matured mind

It is of note that the universe doesn't much care if you have a mind or not. The universe was here and existing before anything resembling a mind was around to see it. Your fantasy about a god in control is nothing but a comforting blanket for your mind. You have no control over the universe so you imagine a being, an other that has control. There are certain I would ask you to produce as evidence but I know you will deflect it to this other because it is nothing but a construct in your mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by dinomcjohn: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
Op, I'm happy your son clearly won the argument. However, that's not what's most important here. What's most beautiful to see here is that he feels God abd thinks about Him. This is sufficient. I have written several chapters in my book about God. It will be out soon. All praise abd glory be to God

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Oyiboman69: 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
Bluezy13:

Permit me to comment on this quote as it was not directed to me.

It is insulting to fallaciously equate your contender's remark to your son's sense of judgement and inadvertently adding that you'll direct his post to your son for a "better" reply.
It portrays a father who thinks his son is smarter that himself such that himself does not have the capacity to intellectually withstand a fellows propositions but seeks solace under his own 8 years old son for intellectual redemption.
I must confess that your maturity is questionable.

My inference is not on the matter but on your manner of approach as it depicts your sense of reasoning.
the manner in which the other guy is talking about his son is what annoys him not that he cannot reply him...I think that's his little way of replying him for his unethical behavior....
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Avengers don't exist yet 3 of the most successful movies on the planet are about them. Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter don't exist yet fans of either hold conventions and buy replicas of items from either franchise with almost religious gusto. The fact that we indulge in whatever fantasies we love doesn't give credence to their reality. Sure the 7yr old has been gleaning stuff off from his father and doesn't have the reflective capability of your 8 Yr old but that doesn't make your god real. Also your son might be right that not everything that real is seen but we talking of a living god not an unknown quantity. If a living god doesn't have evidence then there is no difference between your god and the Avengers.

I think Tetehjewels should consider this:

Our Father who art in the Bible

What is the essence of your name or whatever that means?

Why should your will be done when it's not proven to be necessary ?

How can life be a proof that you give anything commendable?

Why should we seek your forgiveness when you shouldn't be offended by what we do??

It's obvious you're not willing and capable of doing anything about evil or whatever that means neither are you leading us/humans anywhere so temptation is not an issue

You actually have no kingdom or power or glory that is worth considering by anyone at all

What I've said remains forever and ever

Period

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Dranoid: 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2021
Trex001:
Do you even realize God is just a name to a supreme being? Those things can't exist from nothing too ... I think there's a lot to life than what we actually perceive cos we're made of energy and energy itself can't be completely explained...

Does the universe also exist from NOTHING? Well, James Webb telescope would launch hopefully Dec 22, I think it might gives us a better understanding of our universe...
yeah I realize that

That is my point exactly, if you ask any believer who created the supreme being, then they'll say he always was. So is it hard to accept someone else saying our world or energy as you put it always was too?

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Thesame God that claims to love all humans is also thesame God that drowned millions of humans in a flood... undecided

Same mother who loves 4 kids had to terminate the fifth because the doctors said it was corrupted. Does that reduce her love for the other 4?

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Now that is limiting.
Scientists set these methods of knowing.
As they are ways of 'proving' scientifically.

Now let me tell you something, God is beyond that scope but there are things within that scope that points to him.

Even to a person who doesn't believe in science, there are things that would point to God within his understanding of things.

Those are the footprints God has left for man.
Permit me to show you an historical record of thousands of years of how things came into being by an intelligent being.
Psalm 90:2 ESV
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Job 12:7
“But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you.
9 Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the Lord has done this?
10 In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind.
11 Does not the ear test words
as the tongue tastes food?
12 Is not wisdom found among the aged?
Does not long life bring understanding?

13 “To God belong wisdom and power;
counsel and understanding are his.

It is limiting because we are limited and it makes me wonder how you know these things that are beyond our limits. But I can see where you get it from, the Bible. Basically you believe these things and don't require evidence. If I asked you what evidence you have you are going to launch in to some torturous rigmarole but go ahead surprise me.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BlueAngel444: 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
SimplePlan34:

Eph 2, 8-9
bwahahahahahahahahaha

Lol, do you want to know what "works" there in verse 9 means grin

Anyway, like verse 10 shows there is a work that saves, the one done by God that we partake in and that we ourselves are expected to walk in, abide in and do.

Ok seriously doesn't support the nonsense of unmerited. It's a gift, doesn't mean someone didn't pay for it. It doesn't mean it doesn't have merit or value.

Faith without words is dead
If any sins he will perish
Etc etc etc etc

Ya even Jesus expect his followers to pick up their cross and follow Him, not look back so as to be worthy. So how exactly is salvation "unmerited"?

Lol, if anyone or you like go and be doing evil and wicked and think, u will stroll into some heaven. grin na gate them go deny knowledge of you cheesy
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You seem angry at a lot of things but certainly my Son or his little argument cannot be one of the things that has you all blowing hot.

First of all where in my OP did I remotely hint at my son winning the argument. I rather left it as anticlimactic.

I do know you are an atheist but then trying to indirectly bully my son through your comments with your choice of language is laughable and I am sure he would also laugh at this by the time I show him once he comes back from school.

I will type his response to you as he tells me because I want him to be the one to respond to you intellectually. That is how I got him to become smarter than those ahead of him and you certainly wouldn't be any different

Good luck with arguing with an 8yr old who knows how to hold his own any day of the week. smiley

Lol ode. Another one thinking he's special.

Your 8 year old son is a dullard just like his father.

A brainwashed one. You really thought you did something.

Let your son tell you tomorrow, he doesn't want to go to church and let's if you don't call him demon possessed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Yes!!
Questions.
Good questions.

The planets, the ones that make up the solar system. Couldn't there have been a mind capable of such...such...such magnificence?

The fact that there's you're here on this forum.
Wait...you'll say it's as a result of your parents knowing themselves, yes, you're right, the ovum, testosterone and Bio-chemical activities therein. Say, down to the microscopic levels, what could have brought about the coordination of these things, what could have brought about the existence, coordination of these cells and what they do in the body?
There must be an intelligent, unseen being responsible for this, No?
Perhaps, you'll say the red and white blood cells function due to the term called "adaptation" in line with the concept of evolution. Well, what could be responsible for the materials involved in evolution in itself?
Big bang?
How did the meteors and celestial rocks come about, how is there a Sun ☀ which just works perfectly to nurture plants and aid growth in mankind. What's responsible for the intelligence of man? Your parents again?

Cells again?

Okay now we are about to go into a loop.

If you want to make that argument we will continue to go in loop. Why will a super intelligent being create a solar system with 9 planet, yet only one can host life whereas the rest look like a fail experiment and waste of resources, also why were things outside the earth like planets and all that, I prefer to use mysteries of the solar system not made known to the prophet of old. The answer is straight forward, these things were not mentioned because of the limit of that time, if all the modern scientific equipment exist back then, the glory would gone to the god's. Man has always been the mouthpiece of the gods, what the so called prophet says automatically becomes the mouth of the gods. Also do mean to tell me, of all billions of galaxy out there with there trillions of suns, and trillions upon trillions of planets it only Earth that was created for man and the rest are just failed experiment, also why were the mysteries of universe not made known to the prophet since God open their mind to the mysteries of everything. Finally why did the super god see the stars like sand when infact some of them are like a 1000 bigger than our own sun, and how sun is like 300 times bigger than the earth

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Lol ode. Another one thinking he's special.

Your 8 year old son is a dullard just like his father.

A brainwashed one. You really thought you did something.

Let your son tell you tomorrow, he doesn't want to go to church and let's if you don't call him demon possessed.

Well such Venom over a kid. Typical.

Get yourself your own kid to hype and you will be alright smiley

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
Image123:

Because it is only the sun, nothing else. We are talking about not just alpha here, but the Alpha and the Omega. Big difference.

Yes the difference is it is only in your mind and the minds of other believers, it has no objective manifestation. The sun has objective manifestation.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Martinez39s(m): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You will heal from whatever pain you are struggling with smiley
I have no pain. If like every shallow believer you insist that I have pains or trauma that I'm dealing with (which probably influenced my post), then I leave you to your presumptions.

On a closing note, feeling that God is real doesn't make him real. Having any feelings about God doesn't make him real. Thinking or talking about God doesn't make him real; many people think and talk about fictitious characters a lot, but it doesn't make them real. Understand this first, then communicate it to your son. I hope the family intelligence won't struggle to understand this in future. grin

Good night.

5 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BePrepared: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Avengers don't exist yet 3 of the most successful movies on the planet are about them. Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter don't exist yet fans of either hold conventions and buy replicas of items from either franchise with almost religious gusto. The fact that we indulge in whatever fantasies we love doesn't give credence to their reality. Sure the 7yr old has been gleaning stuff off from his father and doesn't have the reflective capability of your 8 Yr old but that doesn't make your god real. Also your son might be right that not everything that real is seen but we talking of a living god not an unknown quantity. If a living god doesn't have evidence then there is no difference between your god and the Avengers.

What evidence to u need again to believe God, Jesus came died and ascended yet the evidence isn't enof, the bible had records science could prove later yet u don't believe.
Miracles happen today in the name of Jesus, yet u class all miracles as fake.

What evidence do u need again
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Oyiboman69: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
Bluezy13:

You committed a fallacy of hasty generalization and also have wrong notion about atheism.
Atheism is not a movement. Atheism is a belief in unbelieve.
Atheism is diversified. It is erroneous to narrowly limit it to the state of being "against" God's existence.

You like pizza, I don't like pizza.
That doesn't mean I am "against" you eating pizza. Notwithstanding, I may also be against you eating pizza. So don't fallaciously generalize the impression that I am against you eating pizza.
Conclusively, atheism is of various categories.
but you just did....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

'my Late Sister Will Return To Her Skeleton This Year' - Pastor (photo) / Chris Okafor Blasts Bakare, Mbaka, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release / Daphne Patoir: I Saw TB Joshua In Heaven - Pastor Sees Prophet In Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.