Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. (33591 Views)

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do It Very Well?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 14, 2021
molas02:
Refusing traveling abroad when I have sponsor and 99% sure that year. Dublin
Why did you refuse?
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 14, 2021
Ochemicals:
Meeting the devil herself.
"The devil is female"
Ran away and left two kids. 1 and 3 years.
Been taking care of them myself ever since. Now they're 4 & 6 years.
No househelp only me changing diapers bathing and doing everything.
And i still did my 8-5pm job. And my side hustle intact. In all, I realized I'm a Superman sha!
wow!!

Respect!!

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by sconp: 9:31am On Dec 14, 2021
I DID NOT TETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Tzar(m): 9:32am On Dec 14, 2021
Marrying the wrong woman & birthing my kids through her. The signs were all there, but I thought people deserve a benefit of the doubt … now I know better.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Goldentulip2: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2021
helinues:

Funnily about advise or others mistake, some are needed to be experienced selfysly.

If you go on romance of family section, some of those who have advised others in what to do about their problems are posting questions related to that same problem but in a different form

Lol yeah true but SAD. Some mistakes are better experienced personally by some people. A boss and friend of mine once told me “A kid will never believe or listen to you when you tell them a candle light is hot until they put their hand and experience the hotness personally”

11 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by RolexOfGeneva(m): 9:34am On Dec 14, 2021
Nonexisting:
My greatest mistake in life was believing in love and trusting a vaginarian. Whenever I remember that particular foolishness of mine, I feel like squeezing my balls. I now know better to visit my family when I need love and to get a dog when I need companionship and loyalty.
And when you need sex?
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 14, 2021
Geemax:
Losing my virginity before marriage.
grin
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:35am On Dec 14, 2021
Homeandaway:
I helped a colleague at work. housed and fed her because her residence was far and commuting to and fro work daily was difficult and costly for her. She robbed me blind. My laptop, Iphone and money. Laptop had all my lifeswork, manuscripts, soundtracKs, screenplays, travel documents and saved passwords. She claimed to be ill on a workday, so she stayed home while i went to work. The rest is history.

Never take a work colleague, stranger, acquaintance, church member or even friend to your house. it never ends well.

Keep your relationships at arms length. Trust NOBODY
Me too, I have seen in the hands of people I trust.
I used to be a trusting fool. Thought everyone had like my heart. My dad once told me am too damn kind-hearted. My mum had to travel from the the village to meet me in the city, she was crying and almost nelt down begging me not to go the way of my dad who too was foolishly kind-hearted all his life, and was the victim of repeated betrayals by close relatives. I had to convince her that I will change my ways. Still till now, I find it difficult to hurt or get back at people who have betrayed me. People now know that I cannot afford to hurt them no matter what. I cannot even secretly pray against my enemy or someone openly working against me. Sometimes I cry alone to God wondering why he created me in this manner.
This days i just try to avoid people as much as possible as almost everybody is a suspect

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Emmyzgold: 9:36am On Dec 14, 2021
I can relate
CrownOfClay724:
Walking into crypto with two legs, and with closed eyes.

I see shege cheesy

In fact, if I fit pay the gbese finish by the middle of next year, believe me that'd be some miracle.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by RolexOfGeneva(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2021
Knows:
Stop lying, so na house u deh keep ur phone?
So someone cannot own two phones again?

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2021
Dmacqh:
Been born broke and still broke despite numerous hustles . Now can’t even send money to my peeps home to flex this Xmas . God bless my leg work and brain . I’m grateful for life
May God bless our hustle bro!

4 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by bigcee(m): 9:41am On Dec 14, 2021
Joelobioha:
Was shaving my balls and the razor slit my dick..I bled out..but thank God I am alive grin cheesy
Pay me 50k, I am gonna teach you how to shave your balls grin

1 Like

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by michlins(m): 9:42am On Dec 14, 2021
superintendents:
learning a hand work for almost six years,at last been fired by my boss,no money for freedom,no money to buy all d equipment,no money to feed,no money to buy even small machine.

las las na Lagos man con go hustle..

ahhhhhh
are you skilled in what you do. I started with nothing and today, I bless God for my life

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by stephenponti(m): 9:42am On Dec 14, 2021
Listening and heeding to a selfish advice of a pastor.

8 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Agboconsult1(m): 9:43am On Dec 14, 2021
Mine...around 2014 i missed an opportunity which would have made me a millionaire. And again heading back home after NYSC. BIG MISTAKE

9 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by TruthUntold: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2021
Homeandaway:
I helped a colleague at work. housed and fed her because her residence was far and commuting to and fro work daily was difficult and costly for her. She robbed me blind. My laptop, Iphone and money. Laptop had all my lifeswork, manuscripts, soundtracKs, screenplays, travel documents and saved passwords. She claimed to be ill on a workday, so she stayed home while i went to work. The rest is history.

Never take a work colleague, stranger, acquaintance, church member or even friend to your house. it never ends well.

Eyya sorry. Same thing happened to my neighbor, except she took all her clothes, all of them o. And this lady had a walk-in closet, I was just asking myself, how did she do it without getting caught?

5 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by macdel: 9:45am On Dec 14, 2021
Being too quiet and shy... Getting involved in sports betting...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by CaptainAyub: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2021
Tzar:
Marrying the wrong woman & birthing my kids through her. The signs were all there, but I thought people deserve a benefit of the doubt … now I know better.
Terrible

9 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by 22o62021: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2021
The idea to further my education immediately after secondary school

I regret it

I would have gone into business and come back later for school.

5 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Singleone461: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2021
Giving birth, is my worst mistake. but I thank my God that I'm standing on my feet now

5 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Cooleasy(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2021
Homeandaway:

This really touched me. Very vital documents such as manuscripts, etc!!! How were you able to recover from this (if at all you did)?
Didn't you get her traced and arrested since you know where she works?
Your story really touched me.

10 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by DEADALIVE: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2021
Wasting my time getting degrees....while i was in the street i made more money than as a graduate!...
As it is now i have put the certificates one side...i focus on the street where i can see and spend money without waiting for someone to pay me at the end of every month.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 14, 2021
Coldie:
The day I lost #1.4million in sports betting to a sure game
I've been in this shoe before.

It was the last time I played Bet9ja be that.

I used 500k carry 2 sure game... Till today, dem no born anybody papa well make dem follow me talk anything about any Sport betting or any gambling trash in general

16 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Mrklemo(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=nabiz post=108473882] mine is joining a cult group during my University. I still regret it, though l learnt a lot from that. I am now in a better position to council young guys..

Most people did this thing between 2001-2008.
Most niggaz paid dearly... Some are lucky..
Get over it.

4 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by ifeolamide00(m): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2021
Lol i really dont talk about this but since its a faceless app..i think i can spill it and not feel bad

Been born in a poor family is one of the greatest blow life hit me with...so so poor family...finished secondary school and applied for university...folks dosent have even enough for the acceptance fee to thier name...so they took loans
My fees and expenses were on loan sharks...every Wednesday is a bad day in our lives..its either folks are running helter skelter to pay or their been disgraced...i have older sis and 2kid sis..it was rough and tough..i still wonder how people from familes like this concetrate in school..loans and repayment has always been my worries...nothing enter ls my head..while in secondary school i was one of the best...but in uni i was one of the worst..i pass my courses only when i get help...so i met this girl ..she was the angel that helped me survive feeding in school..she made sure eating wasn't a problem..and at some point we started to date because i honestly have nothing else to offer her aside love,care and my body...so i reliedband trusted her 100...at some point, babygirl got tired and fedup ,so she broke up...lol...that killed me and everything around me because it was an exam period...so i failed woefully, so bad that i had to switch department and let go of a whole academic year...the next year the governor of my state hiked the school fee over a hundred percent...so life got tougher, regrets over regrets...i wanted to die...thanks to family for love and care...now am out of school over 2yrs now but funds wont let me clear my results....i learnt graphics designing and am good at it..but there is a lot of pain i couldnt explain in there...omo i suffered in this life ...but when you see me,I'd be smilling and cracking jokes like everything is fine...if not for what would happen to my fams..suicide would have been the best way ....and yes along the line i was hustling and doing ine or two things too but only enough for sub ,bike fees and card...life is hard and cruel to me and my folks....
LIFE IS SO CRUEL AND HARD ON ME AND MY FOLKS
dad from loan sharks an all built and a house without windows ,just enough roof for a room ..no doors,no.plaster
And they live there ...hes an okada rider now,since his job doesnt pay .

I'm suffering,hustling and my folks are doing the same
Its getting tougher by the day
The only thing anyone can do for me now is?
If you have graphics and printing job,i swear i can deliver
If you have ways or updates that can help my life,pls help a brother and i promise to be grateful all my life
And i would like to be an actor too..if you love entertainment and would like to invest in someone, i swear am good too..

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by youngemperor(m): 9:56am On Dec 14, 2021
As I speak now, I'm loosing over 5m in crypto currently. But I'm not giving up.
CrownOfClay724:

Man, Over 200k.
And you wouldn't want to hear the story.
E long . embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by seanwilliam(m): 9:56am On Dec 14, 2021
xcelpro:

Do you buy Prepaid Visa Reward card?
text me
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Philip4564(m): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2021
Coldie:
The day I lost #1.4million in sports betting to a sure game
That's too much
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Mrklemo(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2021
1-MMM ruined me..

2- the company i was working as a sales rep in 2017 wanted to transfer me from Uyo office to Abuja office with accommodation. I turned it down.. Reason i just rented a self contain in uyo. I was in a relationship.. Lol.. That girl is getting married this Saturday.

Now im in Abuja. If i had moved in in 2017..trust me my life for don balance in this capital.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
Me too, I have seen in the hands of people I trust.
I used to be a trusting fool. Thought everyone had like my heart. My dad once told me am too damn kind-hearted. My mum had to travel from the the village to meet me in the city, she was crying and almost nelt down begging me not to go the way of my dad who too was foolishly kind-hearted all his life, and was the victim of repeated betrayals by close relatives. I had to convince her that I will change my ways. Still till now, I find it difficult to hurt or get back at people who have betrayed me. People now know that I cannot afford to hurt them no matter what. I cannot even secretly pray against my enemy or someone openly working against me. Sometimes I cry alone to God wondering why he created in this manner.
This days i just try to avoid people as much as possible.
Chai!! If you're saying the truth, then you're a rare gem.

4 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Razaneli(m): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=Bigchristo post=108484448] My mistakes was listening to my ex and following her link in securing a visa, I lose 7.3M and still we didn’t get the visa on the long run after I got bankrupt she jakpa leave me

Tough one man....
Loosing that much money and luv

Wish u Jah strength breeda ��

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by winner37(m): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2021
Failure to attend mathematics class and being studious is what am paying dearly now ...

I have no regrets because every day Life is full of regrets..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

LASTMA Finds Wandering Girl Under Bridge / He Only Gave Me N1000 - Disabled Lady Says Over Viral Photo With Helper / Is Gabrywyl Mushlings?!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.