Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. (33601 Views)

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do It Very Well?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by akinade28(f): 10:26am On Dec 14, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
Me too, I have seen in the hands of people I trust.
I used to be a trusting fool. Thought everyone had like my heart. My dad once told me am too damn kind-hearted. My mum had to travel from the the village to meet me in the city, she was crying and almost nelt down begging me not to go the way of my dad who too was foolishly kind-hearted all his life, and was the victim of repeated betrayals by close relatives. I had to convince her that I will change my ways. Still till now, I find it difficult to hurt or get back at people who have betrayed me. People now know that I cannot afford to hurt them no matter what. I cannot even secretly pray against my enemy or someone openly working against me. Sometimes I cry alone to God wondering why he created me in this manner.
This days i just try to avoid people as much as possible as almost everybody is a suspect
You don't need to feel bad God made you this way, believe me there are few people like you all over the world. You feel people's emotions ( pain and joy) that's why you find it difficult to hurt them, you often consider other people's feelings before yours. However, you must realize:
1) We are in a selfish world: the action of 90% of human are based on their own selfishness or personal gains irrespective of who they are to you
2) you are one of a kind: there are only few good hearted people in this world. So don't expect other people to act or behave like you. Their mindset is entirely different. This will help you anticipate their actions and save you from getting hurt.

7 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Joelobioha(m): 10:27am On Dec 14, 2021
bigcee:

Pay me 50k, I am gonna teach you how to shave your balls grin
ma pay 100k for masterclass grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Joelobioha(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2021
FunctionX:

You bled out but you're still alive, how? Comrade
my dick endured.. cheesy
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Sleeknigga: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2021
Brushstrokes20:

Far more than that....she Claimed I promised her marriage and failed hence, I was sentenced to ******
I went to hell and came back!
omo..hell has no Fury for a woman scorned, she was probably feeling that you wasted her time maybe she be evening newspaper

4 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:32am On Dec 14, 2021
Lisong:
Voting that idiot Buhari in 2015
So you are one of them. sorry you won't be forgiven.

14 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
I've been in this shoe before.

It was the last time I played Bet9ja be that.

I used 500k carry 2 sure game... Till today, dem no born anybody papa we'll make dem follow me talk anything about any Sport betting or any gambling trash in general

*Still battling with this presently lost 85k money not belong to me in 2odd promised to be sure game...if God help me to go out of the debt in my life I will never play gamble again*

7 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by imrajaah: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2021
Traveling to Ghana
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by jlomz: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2021
cutecommend:
Hello guys, I will mention two mistakes that cost me alot in life, though I finally overcame them by God's grace....

One of the mistakes was visiting a fake church whose pastor looked "anointed" and profitable. That stuff ruined my life so much, but I recovered again and am wise..

Another mistake was my continued dating of a girl my spirit rejected.. This caused me terrible emotional stuff, but I am pretty fine now by God's grace.

Charman you fit kindly elaborate on what the Pastor did to you?

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Pataricatering(f): 10:34am On Dec 14, 2021
chigomiced:

Did you Bleep her or not...

I understand the helping part
many of you men have semen instead of brains in your heads .

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Thryphosa(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2021
Ochemicals:
Meeting the devil herself.
"The devil is female"
Ran away and left two kids. 1 and 3 years.
Been taking care of them myself ever since. Now they're 4 & 6 years.
No househelp only me changing diapers bathing and doing everything.
And i still do my 8-5pm job. And my side hustle intact. In all, I realized I'm a Superman sha!

You're a superman indeed, God will continue to help you. Your kids will make you proud.

4 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Chai!! If you're saying the truth, then you're a rare gem.
I have no reason to tell lies here, afterall we are all just expressing our minds and narrating our experience in life. Telling you the truth or otherwise will not benefit me in anyway, so why tell lies?
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by GrammarNazi1(m): 10:39am On Dec 14, 2021
It's been a while. How have you been?
SoapQueen:
My relationship choices. And that's why I'm taking time off dating/relationships to focus on myself, love myself, revamp, and work on me. Truth be told, the choices we make reflect our personalities.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Pataricatering(f): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2021
Ochemicals:
Meeting the devil herself.
"The devil is female"
Ran away and left two kids. 1 and 3 years.
Been taking care of them myself ever since. Now they're 4 & 6 years.
No househelp only me changing diapers bathing and doing everything.
And i still do my 8-5pm job. And my side hustle intact. In all, I realized I'm a Superman sha!
well done but welcome to what many women endure from ur gender on a regular basis .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Salacy: 10:41am On Dec 14, 2021
Omo na my marriage... Worse mistake of my life God knows.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Brushstrokes20: 10:41am On Dec 14, 2021
Sleeknigga:
omo..hell has no Fury for a woman scorned, she was probably feeling that you wasted her time maybe she be evening newspaper
She's actually a very young, pretty lady ( 17+years) then, and I didn't waste her time.....
She actually lured me with the marriage proposal which I later turned down after seeing through her diabolic intents...
She also accused me of killing her babies (via abortions) I personally regret that though.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Femmyfestus: 10:42am On Dec 14, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by arthurwillia(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2021
Kriss216:
I once dated a Nigerian girl...almost made me lose my sanity.

If you're dating a Nigerian girl, I salute you. You're one of the few bravest men on earth.

I guess your dad married a Senegal woman baa mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Pataricatering(f): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2021
EyenNtokon:
I pregnated a secondary sch gal five yrs ago. I almost killed myself dat yr, being undergraduate it wasn't easy. thanks to my dad who stood by me, now i'm married to her setting up a happy home at the age of 27 and she's 22 and our cute son 5yrs. I'm an officer she's an hair dresser and we are doing pretty fine
this is so beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by arthurwillia(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2021
Salacy:
Omo na my marriage... Worse mistake of my life God knows.

Are you still in it or out?
Did you marry her right or you just carryy try am knack and belle

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by ISelectMySins: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2021
Thanos5555:

He said crypt not btc, actually I think he is talking about shitcoins, which could crash the next day, but if it is bitcoin or section, at least he will still have a huge part remaining

Lol. A lot of coins pop up everyday and the beliefs that it could rise has made quite a number of people invest huge sums hoping another btc is lurking just around the corner for a big cashout. All these coins hardly rise above past $3. Life is a risk though and you never know which coin would do well in the long run, even if you read every every. I hope that's not his case, though.

8 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by GrammarNazi1(m): 10:45am On Dec 14, 2021
Tzar:
Marrying the wrong woman & birthing my kids through her. The signs were all there, but I thought people deserve a benefit of the doubt … now I know better.
I trust at first she pretended she had changed?
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by FaithBrain1994(m): 10:47am On Dec 14, 2021
Nonexisting:
My greatest mistake in life was believing in love and trusting a vaginarian. Whenever I remember that particular foolishness of mine, I feel like squeezing my balls. I now know better to visit my family when I need love and to get a dog when I need companionship and loyalty.
She gave you infection?
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by IamIvason: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2021
This particular mistake of mine dragged me back to zero.

I resigned my HIGH PAY job to travel to UAE for another high pay job, on getting their I found out that the job na one fat scam initiated by my follow naija brothers.

right now am back to naija very broke.

Na my worst experience be dat o

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Moye04(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2021
Hmmmm. It is well
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Abudu2000(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2021
Lisong:
Voting that idiot Buhari in 2015
but we warned you all didn't we? Now see, we that didn't vote him are not even feeling the heat that much

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2021
akinade28:

2) you are one of a kind: there are only few good hearted people in this world. So don't expect other people to act or behave like you. Their mindset is entirely different. This will help you anticipate their actions and save you from getting hurt.
Yeah, the above is so true. Perfectly correct. But I think that one of the most difficult battle in life is the fight to recondition ur heart. This has been the most difficult for me.

5 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Fatheroflove(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2021
Buying a second hand Honda 08

5 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Moye04(m): 10:52am On Dec 14, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
Me too, I have seen in the hands of people I trust.
I used to be a trusting fool. Thought everyone had like my heart. My dad once told me am too damn kind-hearted. My mum had to travel from the the village to meet me in the city, she was crying and almost nelt down begging me not to go the way of my dad who too was foolishly kind-hearted all his life, and was the victim of repeated betrayals by close relatives. I had to convince her that I will change my ways. Still till now, I find it difficult to hurt or get back at people who have betrayed me. People now know that I cannot afford to hurt them no matter what. I cannot even secretly pray against my enemy or someone openly working against me. Sometimes I cry alone to God wondering why he created me in this manner.
This days i just try to avoid people as much as possible as almost everybody is a suspect
Hmmm. Just like me. It is well bro. God knows the reason he gave some of us such kind of heart.

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by PointZerom: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2021
Homeandaway:
I helped a colleague at work. housed and fed her because her residence was far and commuting to and fro work daily was difficult and costly for her. She robbed me blind. My laptop, Iphone and money. Laptop had all my lifeswork, manuscripts, soundtracKs, screenplays, travel documents and saved passwords. She claimed to be ill on a workday, so she stayed home while i went to work. The rest is history.

Never take a work colleague, stranger, acquaintance, church member or even friend to your house. it never ends well.

Keep your relationships at arms length. Trust NOBODY

A welder doing work for me in one of my sites did the same to me.
He left unannounced and went with my spraying machine 68k, start and weld machine 250k, Fireman generator 150k.
This happened few months ago and I am yet to recover from it.

7 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by chigomiced: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2021
Philip4564:
thanks bro..I have move on since then

Good 4 u
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by kunleiky(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2021
I took money from my grandma's purse in the market as a kid. She wouldn't have even complained. She pampered me really.
As if that was not enough, I went ahead and buy biscuit in the market square. Then I was hiding from people who could recognise me.
Believe me, I didn't know when I hit my face on the Town Council building wall in the market. Blood was gushing out profusely.
The indelible mark is still on my face to this day.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Femmyfestus: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2021
Mrklemo:
1-MMM ruined me..

2- the company i was working as a sales rep in 2017 wanted to transfer me from Uyo office to Abuja office with accommodation. I turned it down.. Reason i just rented a self contain in uyo. I was in a relationship.. Lol.. That girl is getting married this Saturday.

Now im in Abuja. If i had moved in in 2017..trust me my life for don balance in this capital.
This life ehn angry grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

He Only Gave Me N1000 - Disabled Lady Says Over Viral Photo With Helper / Is Gabrywyl Mushlings?!? / Lady Who Killed A Snake In Her Room Thanks God (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.