Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers (3254 Views)

My Aunty's Husband Is Cheating. Do I Tell Her Or Mind My Business? / Should I Save My Sister Or Mind My Business? / I Learned To Mind My Business This Happened To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by TheWolfen(m): 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
Can't you see the greed over money written all over op post?
Greed got them in this mess.
Humans abandon their humanity as the sight of money

Double0h7:

Is this the only hospital? Can you not contact the NGO? How could a premature baby sleep outside of a hospital?

You keep contradicting yourself. One minute the father only cares about the money and not the wellbeing of the baby and the next minute they are sleeping outside the hospital.

I don't live in your country so I don't know how a premature baby could be left outside the hospital so I will stop commenting on this.

I will pray for this baby's wellbeing because I don't care about the guy and his rights right now. This baby needs to be saved and operated on that is all that matters right now. Your friend should humble himself and sacrifice his rights for now for the sake of his baby. Good luck
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by NoToPile: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2021
It's a premie that's supposed to be in neonatal intensive care that you people are playing hankypanky with.

God will help the baby oo.
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2021
Pious101:
Ur customary law is not superior to the constitution. He can and he will claim that baby under d constitution wether he is married to d girl or not. It takes two to make a baby.

if he can claim the baby can he also claim the money?......

where was him when the girls family was paying the bills he's supposed to pay?....

poverty na bastard..

Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by SKhanmi: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
Godoverevery:

Why I want to fight for him is all the money this boy is making he is actually spending on the baby and the lady......not like he is acting irresponsible

If he had much I know he will do alot from the lil he is doing now.

The gilr family threaten they won't let him see the baby isn't cool for me....that why I want to step in.

Tell him to walk away. They would never see him as responsible until he creates a name for himself. Tough choice but it's the bitter truth. Let them call him whatever.
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by vikgreen01(m): 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2021
Karleb:
Tell him what you just told us

People can be funny sha. Their ringtone changed when they saw money.

Tell him to let go of the money. I'm very sure the girl's family will kill themselves for the money.

The money they will end up spending abi e no finish. Some people re just so stupid cos of money.
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by Ayemileto(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
Godoverevery:

As at yesterday nite before i left the baby was collected to be admitted but on getting here this morning I got to know they didn't readmitted the baby.

Ofcourse luth will release the money because it was donated in the baby name(the chaque carry the baby name)....so is not luth money.

The grandfather was the one I spoke too yesterday and he said the lady doesn't have a sister but I later found out the lady is a family memeber from the girl mother side(not blood sister).

The matter is really complicated.......we are trying to see if they will admit him at lasu.

Ok, it's clearer now.

From your explanations, I don't think the family sent the other lady to come discharge the baby forcefully from the hospital, and the father seems interested in the baby's survival and health, so you can't blame the entire family for that lady's actions.

I think the entire issues you've discussed so far boils down to too many family members being involved in the child's treatment. I don't really see reason why someone that's not directly related to the child should come around to get it discharged from the hospital. It doesn't make sense.

Also, I don't really think you can do much in this scenario, because as it is now, it has become a complex family matter. If you try to push too much, they might turn you into the villain, and start accusing you of things you never did or thought of doing.

You and your boy can try to assist as much as you can, but pending the time the child is fully recovered and discharged from the hospital, I don't think you should fight to gain control over decision making, but this does not mean you shouldn't be involved in the decision process.

I think the best you can do is to speak to the father / grand father to limit the number of family members that is involved (or even ban family members totally). He can even tell the hospital to allow only certain People access to the baby, or tell the hospital who to take instructions from.

But apart from speaking to a senior family member and getting them to reason with you, I don't really think there's many other things you can do, otherwise, you might just become the villain of the story.
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by lifenajeje(m): 4:42pm On Dec 14, 2021
Godoverevery:

We have been begging since morning

The lady that cause everything have even left us.

Look for people that matters

Which hospital are u at
A nairalanders might know someone that matters
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by Pious101: 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
michael77777:

if he can claim the baby can he also claim the money?......

where was him when the girls family was paying the bills he's supposed to pay?....
My reference was to d baby n not the money...kindly take note

poverty na bastard..

Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by Pious101: 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
Jungpablo:
seems you did not read the post but I'll explain to you. The girl's family have been taking care of the child before the money from NGO came so why do you think they will stop taking care of the child after surgery? The girl's family have been shouldering all the bill something the boy and his family did not do and you dare mention POVERTY. If not for the girls family I'm not sure the child would have been alive till now because clearly the boy has no means to take care of the child and I'm sure even the OP would not have helped out. But the girl's family stood for their daughter and their grandchild which is the right thing because the girl is not even married. And yes if you're foolish enough to get married when you have no means of taking care of yourself your in-laws will show you shege
OP did not state all d bill but rather most of d bill. And the boy tries as much as possible pays d one he can afford. It's clearly stated there...and I still maintain my stand except u did not understand what I said earlier...if not for d fact that the boy was poor, there is no way d girl's father would be d one deciding what goes and what does not. And lastly, d woman I married, I paid fully and no one can come to my house to give a say on what goes in my house
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by Pious101: 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
Double0h7:

I didn't say any of that. Also, there might not be even enough for the operation and the hospital stay. He needs to forget about that money and raise more money because this is going to be an expensive and stressful process.
OP stated d operation was 200k and what d NGO gave was 900k
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by Jungpablo: 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
Pious101:
OP did not state all d bill but rather most of d bill. And the boy tries as much as possible pays d one he can afford. It's clearly stated there...and I still maintain my stand except u did not understand what I said earlier...if not for d fact that the boy was poor, there is no way d girl's father would be d one deciding what goes and what does not. And lastly, d woman I married, I paid fully and no one can come to my house to give a say on what goes in my house
ok I don hear.
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by lionphil(m): 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
Karleb:

If 700k is indeed nothing, then the girl's family should have a plan for the baby, mother and father with it, no trying to embezzle it.

They should have a plan for the baby... the centre of this whole discussion is the baby... the baby is premmy. The baby would've died if not for the intervention of the girl's father... with how dull your boy is, he definitely didn't invite the NGO. All of he sudden he wants to claim right... until he does the marital rites, he is just like a guy that poured sperms into a nylon... only this time, a baby came out. The sperm was useless to him and so is this 900k.
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by Godoverevery: 6:49am On Dec 15, 2021
lionphil:

They should have a plan for the baby... the centre of this whole discussion is the baby... the baby is premmy. The baby would've died if not for the intervention of the girl's father... with how dull your boy is, he definitely didn't invite the NGO. All of he sudden he wants to claim right... until he does the marital rites, he is just like a guy that poured sperms into a nylon... only this time, a baby came out. The sperm was useless to him and so is this 900k.
You are very funny and don't know Nigeria law

Newsflash we have gotten police involved and the girl sister had been arrested yesterday....the right she has to sign for the child to be forcefully discharge she is telling them.....even the police told the grandfather that Nigeria law only recognised the father and mother in decision making.
Not everyone is Igbo ooo.......yoruba culture isn't rigid like that.....Marital rite isn't by force here.

Although am not in support of him not paying her bride price but at the moment......let respect Nigeria law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by LikeAking: 10:09am On Dec 15, 2021
Godoverevery:
Good morning peeps.

Please I will try as much as possible to make this narration short because I need advice on how to handle this issue.

I have a boy that works for me ......he is from calabar, one thing sha lead to another a lady got pregnant for him ......fast toward to October she had an early delivery so the baby is premature.

The baby was referred to a federal government hospital since October.....the girl father have being the one paying majority of the bills due to the guy financial situation before some group of ngos donated about 900k to the baby.

A lady came around on Friday claiming to be the girl sister and forcefully discharge the baby claiming the hospital is just collecting money without doing anything......she said the baby will be taking to a better private hospital......the baby needs a minor surgery but can't be operated yet due to being a premature.

Yesterday the girl father came around and discovered about the baby being discharge ....he started calling the boy threatening him.....I intervened letting him know it was the girl sister that asked for the baby to be discharged....he told me the girl doesn't have a sister.

We move there yesterday night......on getting there the man said the baby need to be readmitted again but the hospital said they can't..After so much begging they accepted.
The issue now is nobody is allowing this guy have a say....anytime he try to talk they all shut him up.

He was blamed for what happened instead of the lady....which I had to speak up for him......the lady sister was the one who signed for the baby to discharged and instead of taking them to a private hospital this lady took them to her house.

So after studying everything I discover the girl family wants to sideline him because of the 900k ......they don't want him to know anything about how the money is spent........the guy is trying is best to pay for somethings he can infact him and girl are living in the hospital.

He is not educated and not smart....his mother refused to help out so he is all alone.

Please nl how do I help this guy gain access to how this money is spent and stop the girl family from treating him like a nobody.

Note: the surgery requires about 200k from what I learnt.

Mind ur biz.....

Na ur baby.

Never listen to the dictates of ur mind.
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by LikeAking: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2021
Godoverevery:

Newsflash we have gotten police involved and the girl sister had been arrested yesterday....the right she has to sign for the child to be forcefully discharge she is telling them.....even the police told the grandfather that Nigeria law only recognised the father and mother in decision making.
Not everyone is Igbo ooo.......yoruba culture isn't rigid like that.....Marital rite isn't by force here.

Although am not in support of him not paying her bride price but at the moment......let respect Nigeria law.

Mind ur biz.

No go put ya sef for trouble.

Mrs.Voltrone.
Re: Should I Mind My Business Or Fight For One Of My Workers by lionphil(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2021
Godoverevery:

Yea I guess i narrowed it down to the customary law here... truly the girl's sister had no right though. Well done! That money will eventually finish, I hope your boy will be able to effectively feed the baby and his wife because he just created enemity between himself and his in-laws

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Playing With Me What Should I Do / How Do You Heal A Broken Heart? / I'm crazy about this girL.. I need advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.