Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise (49975 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by homealone00: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

exactly my point, some scallywags were dragging me.

he won form vuga na.

can you imagine after the quarrel and bitting the landlady he still GATHER MIND GO BREAK THE LOCK FROM THE WELL.

nor be power Mike level be that?

some people here Just reasoning on one facts.

as I dey here I be tenant...

but I still get papa compound when harbour tenants.

we supposed talk truth
why are you so pained, OP collect your wife? Idiot cheesy

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Oyiboman69: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

quiet your mouth, your own still dey your body.
after you bite her finish, you still get mind go open the well.

you won form jaguda bah.

it be like the woman pickin na small boy, left to me...na just me alone.

who give you right to go open the well for my papa compound when I lock, you go tell me.

the judging you judged na from your side.

I go still like here from their side.

because I definitely know, you went there to form vuga for person house when you dey stay.
you didn't go there to ask politely.

how you go fight person just now for him property, you still gather mind go open the well.

the woman pickin na small boy na make.

this one nor supposed to be police matter.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Surd2121(m): 9:04am On Dec 15, 2021
Get your school's Student Union involved

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by pricklewane: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2021
If you are told you are foolish now you will say one should stop insulting you.

A well that was never locked since you packed in got locked n the only thing you can think of with your foolish brain is to go demand for the keys from your landlord.

Is the landlord not older than you ? What arm would it have caused for you to go greet the lady and enquire why it was locked before knowing whether to demand the keys or resolve any issue tied to the well

So if my mother owns a house lock up the well in the house cos I had an encounter with a tenant another foolish tenant unconcerned think he or she can just walk up n demand that same key.

Una no de just try get sense. Go to the court on waste my time instead of meeting with your landlord n apologize that you never knew there was pending issue why the well was locked and it let her know it does warrant all the court brouhaha n she can open it when issue on ground is resolve that you are sorry.

How difficult is it to massage an ego just to have your way, mumu boy.

NCE1:

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Harkinyemi(m): 9:04am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

for you to even fight publicly resulting to biting and blowing with your landlady or landlord, doesn't speak good about you as a tenant.

na to avoid physical fight.

but this op admitting he fought with his landlady.
dey judge dey give us say them gather am.
coming here to seek fake sympathy.

landlady's are wicked we know.

but some tenants do pass devil.

I still dey wonder after you bite my mama finish for hand, you still gather mind go break the lock from the well. (if na you op them bite your mama, how you go feel)

na the landlady son I pity.
na weakling... maybe he's a teenager.

for you to even get liver, bite my mama you go tell me.... nor be the well we go talk about.

na so one of my papa tenant's won carry that kind leg some years ago, Because him know dey see boys for my father's house....na only my sisters dey around.

hahahaha, when I show face because of am...crash 2weeks he maintain.

we nor quarrel...we nor fight.

but only my doings for the compound.... nobody tell am to maintain.

Oga shut up! Just shut your dirty motherfuckin' buccal cavity! TF. What kind of leaf you smoke? Tueeh... Your mumu no too much?

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Children of Cherubim and seraphim. Tufiakwa
make i shock u, i am not C&S, infact i dont go there church. i am RCCG member, i was born & brought up in redeem. as a christian when u read ur bible well you will knw all this. not only c&s

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Harkinyemi(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2021
pricklewane:
If you are told you are foolish now you will say one should stop insulting you.

A well that was never locked since you packed in got locked n the only thing you can think of with your foolish brain is to go demand for the keys from your landlord.

Is the landlord not older than you ? What arm would it have caused for you to go greet the lady and enquire why it was locked before knowing whether to demand the keys or resolve any issue tied to the well

So if my mother owns a house lock up the well in the house cos I had an encounter with a tenant another foolish tenant unconcerned think he or she can just walk up n demand that same key.

Una no de just try get sense. God to the court on waste my time instead of meeting with your landlord n apologize that you never knew there was pending issue why the well was locked and it let her know it does warrant all the court brouhaha n she can open it when issue on ground is resolve that you are sorry.

How difficult is it to massage an ego just to have your way, mumu boy.

Another fool in the building spitting shit! Nairaland with 2.7+ million members housing a lot of nitwits. Damn!

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by jimb(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2021
yes while I was reading your ordeal , I envisaged it was in Enugu.
Now if it's anywhere along agbani road,send me message so I can tell you how I handled a similar case.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Oyiboman69: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2021
Turboking:
another nonsense
na small small children who thought they can gain power through cultism and the rest full this forum...why waste your time?

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by descarado: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by 3plet: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2021
I swear down bro.
Doyou2019:

Judge Judy go eat that landlady up, if this useless case was presented to her.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by mastermaestro(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

shey you know say na house him rent.

him nor rent well.

he's supposed to pay for water and every other amenities as a tenant.

you can't follow owner of property, drag her own thing.

again na the one room him rent

he nor rent the well

Sincerely you are talking like a deranged fellow. What's even irritating me is the confidence with which you are spewing the rubbish. Go and sleep off whatever you are high on. sad

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by emmanuelbrown26: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:
Please if you know any practicing Lawyer on nl, help me tag them here. Thank you.
Involve the SUG na, matter settled

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Prosperous111(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2021
[quote author=KiNg0G post=108493861]

I dey type sense.

it take normal human being to understand.

I can bet on my balls the op didn't go there to ask politely or request for the reason why it was locked.

after the fight.

he said he still went to open the well.

that nor supposed tell you say the op get him own for body?

if you get sense You supposed weigh 2 odds

Nah true you talk.

After the rough fight. He went ahead to break the key grin

The OP self get choko oo shocked cos how you go fight three people and not get tired to the extent of breaking the key to make them go crazy more undecided

3 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Foolishbuhari: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2021
Akalia:
Bro you should had walked away the moment you were ordered to leave. Landlords or landladies do always have the upper hand when it comes to scuttle with tenants. I am a landlord myself so I know that the system favors us. Just pay the 50k and tread with caution next time.

OP this is a false claim! Very false claim! Disregard! The law actually favors the tenant (the weak) more with checks and balances (if you know how to exploit it of course) because they know stupid landlords as this one claims to be, abound! Na your landlady pikin dey disguise for here!

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Foolishbuhari: 9:12am On Dec 15, 2021
iboboyswag:
@OP NCE1.

What charges are being brought against you? The answer to this is what would determine if you should be shouting you want to go to court.

Secondly, get a legal representative or someone elderly to go with you to the police station and have a talk with the IPO and if possible the DPO. Go with other tenants in the house who would attest to the police that the landlady and her children are a thorn in the flesh of you all paying tenants.

Hold small thing sha for police and watch them ridicule the woman and her claim.

Don't wait to be reactionary, do this today or tomorrow unfailingly.

OP NCE1 do this

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Allahismad: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:
I'm currently having issues in the place I stay, I am a student that rented an apartment close to school, and ever since this landlady and her children have been a thorn in my flesh and even other neighbors.

Let me narrate what happened.
I'm not a perfect grammar person and please read to the end.

In the place I stay, there's a well we fetch water from, so last week Sunday the well was locked up, which was very unusual... It was locked up from morning till night, nobody in the compound could access water.. I couldn't cook nor bath, so in the evening I decided to go ask the landlady why the well was locked and ask for the key so I can get water.

On getting to the landlady's place, I greeted her and asked calmly why the well was locked up, before I knew what was happening her son came out and told me to get out of there... I was very shocked and surprised, that I came to ask for the key to the well and he just tells me to walk out like that.

I told him I'm here to ask why the well was locked and collect the key, and that I cannot just walk out like that.

Before I knew what was happening, the boy started getting aggressive and he was threatening that he would kill me and was making all sort of threats, before I knew it... He attacked me, both the mom and the son with their last daughter.

They pushed me to the wall, which I sustained an injury at the back of my hand, the landlady was trying to get me naked by pulling the short I was wearing... I wore this short because I wanted to collect the key, fetch water and take my bathe.

So as she was trying to pull down my shorts and get me naked, I had to bite her a little so she could release her hand from my shorts.

The neighbors gathered because of the noise and saw the three of them against me.
Then I left there and went and open the well which they padlocked, then they came down and insisted that nobody would use the well.

It was then that someone told me the reason why they locked the well was because the son of the landlady had an issue with someone early in the morning while the both of them were fetching water and he locked up the well to deal with the person... Thus causing inconveniences for the remaining tenants.

The next day they(landlady and her son) went to the police to report the matter.

And they lied to the police that they locked up the well because the tenants were polluting the well.
Then they reported that I came to their house to attack them and I bite her.

Then the police came and took me and the neighbor that had disagreement with the son that resulted in them locking up the well.

We left the police station that same day and we went back in two days time for interview..
At the interview the police asked us to settle the matter amicably, but they proposed that they want to go to court and if we don't want to go to the court, that we'll have to pay the sum of 50k.

The 50k is for the money she used to treat herself, which is a lie. One of the neighbor in the compound overheard her making arrangements with a pharmacist to manipulate the bill of drugs she got.

And aside that, up till now they have refused to open the well for the whole compound to use, but they themselves are still using it, despite claiming that it was polluted.

Now my Daddy had to call her and beg and he told her to calm down that he would pay her 15k but she refused, that it's the 50k or we go to court.

Now my question is.

Was I wrong in the first place for going to ask of the key to the well that was locked up without proper information of why it was locked, and this well is the well we've been using since we packed in?

The second question is, if we go to the court now, what are the penalties I would have to face if I was wrong?

And finally, is it right for a Landlady to lock up the well that everyone uses because of an issue with one of the tenants?

This place is in Enugu State.
Thank you as make you various wise inputs.

Where is the picture of that there last daughter, I want to check if she is fine and ask you for her number.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by membranus: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2021
Stop taking Mpurunmiri, we warned you, but you no hear.

See your life now, see the nonsense you are typing here, you have now become a public nuisance.

Sorry ooo.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by HEAVEN4444: 9:16am On Dec 15, 2021
Urhobostronghea:

You're very arrogant and annoying.

You even opened the well after the fight. You had the gut to bite a mother in her own compound that your father has failed to own.

Everything about your narrative up there is completely wrong. You went to the house to ask y dey locked the well ? Are u d only tenants ?

Y didn't you ask d other tenants... So, dey just attacked you, you didn't say anything or even insulted the mother ?

Your dad can't even afford 50k but you can afford to bite someone's hand. Nobody will help you, better pay that money or risk going to court to pay fine or community service.

Rude poor man's arrogance
and these types of comments and the one from the KING guy is why i can only live in lagos and only the part of lagos where people have travelled extensively and lived abroad and are now civilized. lol .just animals in human skin everywhere grin grin

ways to survive naija

1- stay far away from poor people ( these people are poor for a reason. karmic debt due to wickedness ). and this is not poverty shaming but make rich man decisions even if you are poor. for example if you have 500 thousand naira for annual rent, do not move into a bad area because you can get a 3 bedroom there, aspire to rent a tiny room in a rich area instead. environment is better than the size of your house. i will rather live in a studio apartment in lekki phase 1 than a 3 bedroom big house in mushin. you get the point
2- stay far away from anywhere that is outside a major city
3-never live in a house with the landlord unless you find out the landlord used to live abroad before lol
4-wear face mask at all times and dont look people in their eyes. never make eye contact. thats how the demons pull you in

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by TheWolfen(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2021
make sure u take the video with a standard camera app that show the date and time on a video

NCE1:

I did a video of that today.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by enonche85(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:
I'm currently having issues in the place I stay, I am a student that rented an apartment close to school, and ever since this landlady and her children have been a thorn in my flesh and even other neighbors.

In the place I stay, there's a well we fetch water from, so last week Sunday the well was locked up, which was very unusual... It was locked up from morning till night, nobody in the compound could access water.. I couldn't cook nor bath, so in the evening I decided to go ask the landlady why the well was locked and ask for the key so I can get water.

On getting to the landlady's place, I greeted her and asked calmly why the well was locked up, before I knew what was happening her son came out and told me to get out of there... I was very shocked and surprised, that I came to ask for the key to the well and he just tells me to walk out like that.

I told him I'm here to ask why the well was locked and collect the key, and that I cannot just walk out like that.

Before I knew what was happening, the boy started getting aggressive and he was threatening that he would kill me and was making all sort of threats, before I knew it... He attacked me, both the mom and the son with their last daughter.

They pushed me to the wall, which I sustained an injury at the back of my hand, the landlady was trying to get me naked by pulling the short I was wearing... I wore this short because I wanted to collect the key, fetch water and take my bathe.

So as she was trying to pull down my shorts and get me naked, I had to bite her a little so she could release her hand from my shorts.

The neighbors gathered because of the noise and saw the three of them against me.
Then I left there and went and open the well which they padlocked, then they came down and insisted that nobody would use the well.

It was then that someone told me the reason why they locked the well was because the son of the landlady had an issue with someone early in the morning while the both of them were fetching water and he locked up the well to deal with the person... Thus causing inconveniences for the remaining tenants.

The next day they(landlady and her son) went to the police to report the matter.

And they lied to the police that they locked up the well because the tenants were polluting the well.

Then the police came and took me and the neighbor that had disagreement with the son that resulted in them locking up the well.

We left the police station that same day and we went back in two days time for interview..
At the interview the police asked us to settle the matter amicably, but they proposed that they want to go to court and if we don't want to go to the court, that we'll have to pay the sum of 50k.

The 50k is for the money she used to treat herself, which is a lie. One of the neighbor in the compound overheard her making arrangements with a pharmacist to manipulate the bill of drugs she got.

And aside that, up till now they have refused to open the well for the whole compound to use, but they themselves are still using it, despite claiming that it was polluted.

Now my Daddy had to call her and beg and he told her to calm down that he would pay her 15k but she refused, that it's the 50k or we go to court.

Now my question is.

Was I wrong in the first place for going to ask of the key to the well that was locked up without proper information of why it was locked, and this well is the well we've been using since we packed in?

The second question is, if we go to the court now, what are the penalties I would have to face if I was wrong?

And finally, is it right for a Landlady to lock up the well that everyone uses because of an issue with one of the tenants?

Let her take the case to court! you don't even need to pay a lawyer, you can defend yourself. She has more to loose. Are there no witnesses in the compound?. Tell the court to go inspect the well and also tell the court your life is in danger so you need a refund of your rent to move out.

They never see werey!!!

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Prosperity4All: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

First:
Your landlady has no right whatsoever to deny bonafide tenants use of water in the compound. Even if you are behind on your rent ,she has right to legally seek your eviction but never to cut utilities to the defaulting tenant
Second:
Do you have witnesses that they were the ones that attacked you first and as such any injury they claim may have been in your self defense or self inflicted by her to try and make a case against you.
Conclusion:
Tell her to take the matter to court. That you have reported the matter to your SUG and they are making plans to file a case

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by INCREDIBLE007(m): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2021
seguno2:

If Jesus Christ followed your advice, you won’t be referring to the Bible, would you

Wise people know this - it is not every battle that you roll up your sleeves to fight.
Some just require, restrategizing.

When the people of Jesus home town tried to push him down a cliff, bros J found his way out of their mist and escaped,
Even though he has the men to fight back, but didn't put up any fight but escaped

Why : he has important things to do

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by slowice(m): 9:22am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

I dey type sense.

I can bet on my balls the op didn't go there to ask politely or request for the reason why it was locked.

after the fight.

Just shut up ode... You re typing rubbish audaciously. I would beat up the whole family and still open the well and wait for the court case rubbish. And if na your papa house I live I for see that your strength

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:23am On Dec 15, 2021
chidekings:
any account registered within 1month asking for honest advice is usually just for traffic.dont waste your advice.
So if I wanted to be anonymous to create a thread about something, no one should take me serious?

Chai!!!!! I just tire for some comments.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by OmoOshodi(m): 9:26am On Dec 15, 2021
Go and look for 30,000 naira...go and meet the DPO....narrate what happened to him and beg him for help.....after that hand over the brown envelope to him that....that is all you have, that you don't want to go to court....see how the story will change....see how the landlady will come and be begging you....

Nigeria belongs to the highest bidder

Just pray ur landlady no ready to pay higher money.....else devil dn reason ur matter be that

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

I dey type sense.

after the fight.

ps
for those quoting me to abuse their father.

quote me and die before the month end

them nor go see your dead body bury.

quote me and see
Let’s be human for once before judging others. I decided to put myself in op’s shoes...I’m a Christian and I try to control my temper just that I’m not perfect. I for instance, can’t joke with water not to talk more of not having my bath for long hours and I hate injustice with passion! I’m not sure I’d be really calm, I might be calm at first but I know definitely any rude reply could trigger my already boiling reserved temper. Like this is injustice! Why lock the well? We blame the government a lot but just look at the lower level of leaderships around you and see how they oppress others wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by bammydhele(m): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2021
Tell them you will meet in court, get a sound lawyer and show them they mess with the wrong guy. If ur papa pay, that means u are guilty of the accusations and can still be used against u later.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by adeiza4u(m): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2021
You've been typing rubbish and flooding the thread with your stupidity. I wish you were close to me, so I can give you Christmas gift. Nonsense and ingredient.
KiNg0G:

for you to even fight publicly resulting to biting and blowing with your landlady or landlord, doesn't speak good about you as a tenant.

na to avoid physical fight.

but this op admitting he fought with his landlady.
dey judge dey give us say them gather am.
coming here to seek fake sympathy.

landlady's are wicked we know.

but some tenants do pass devil.

I still dey wonder after you bite my mama finish for hand, you still gather mind go break the lock from the well. (if na you op them bite your mama, how you go feel)

na the landlady son I pity.
na weakling... maybe he's a teenager.

for you to even get liver, bite my mama you go tell me.... nor be the well we go talk about.

na so one of my papa tenant's won carry that kind leg some years ago, Because him know dey see boys for my father's house....na only my sisters dey around.

hahahaha, when I show face because of am...crash 2weeks he maintain.

we nor quarrel...we nor fight.

but only my doings for the compound.... nobody tell am to maintain.

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by KiNg0G: 9:31am On Dec 15, 2021
adeiza4u:
You've been typing rubbish and flooding the thread with your stupidity. I wish you were close to me, so I can give you Christmas gift. Nonsense and ingredient.
you go die this month
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by IjebuWarrior: 9:32am On Dec 15, 2021
I knew it... na for dat side e go happen. For dat side of the country wey dem dey use Kung fu kick dey wake dem papa from mat... grin
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Solatium(m): 9:33am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

Now my question is.

Young Man,the moment you painted the picture i knew you were troublesome and you confirmed your stubbornness when you said you forcefully opened the well after that fracas .

The mistake you made was not to go to the police,you should have reported before them, and you shouldn't have bit anyone of them,you should have raised an alarm when the surrounded you.
i don't see a way out for you here,just go and beg that woman to have it resolve amicably or else na Prison remand you dey take play so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Latest Pictures Of Eko Atlantic International Commerce City, Will Shock You / Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago / What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.