Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,707 members, 7,955,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise (50570 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by pricklewane: 10:25am On Dec 15, 2021
Those that never built a house can say all you want. When you meet a landlord that will not allow shit no one will tell you the only alternative you have is to move out.

I go lock well for my house your father will come n break the lock when no be say e don sign death warrant.

Harkinyemi:

Another fool in the building spitting shit! Nairaland with 2.7+ million members housing a lot of nitwits. Damn!
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by mikaeli01: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2021
I seldom make comment on nairaland but I think I should contribute to this one.
In Yoruba language there is a saying that "ejo laa ko, enikan ki ko 'ja" this translates to one learn to argue not to fight. From what you post, one can see you don't know how to argue a dispute hence your ordeal with your landlady.
I will point out valid argument to you now.
1. The well was locked for a whole day.
Did she or her son or whoever locked the well give prior notice to this effect or reason to all occupant of the building for doing so when that is the only source used by everybody in that house
2. They mention pollution as the reason why the well was locked.
Why are they telling the police and not the occupant of the building that they locked the well because of
pollution. The wise thing expected of them is to tell everybody living in that house is that they observe there is a particular polutant in the well if any, and the action they are taken to clear it.
2. They are using the well themselves.
You said you have the video of them using the well while they refuse to open it for general use of all the occupant of the building. The video is an evidence against them.
3. She is demanding for N50,000 for treatment of the bite you gave her while defending yourself from her assaults. Haba, you are not a dog now, hence you don't carry rabies in you mouth.
Table this before a competent lawyer and watch how everybody will be laughing at her and her sons at the end of court hearing but you must be able to make your argument properly, precise and in order.
If you don't want to go to Court just let your dad or yourself get a senior police officer or a good lawyer, invite her to the station and settle everything there. They will still ask why did you attack her? Your answer should be that is the only thing to do to get yourself out of her grip and assault.

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

I dey type sense.

it take normal human being to understand.

I can bet on my balls the op didn't go there to ask politely or request for the reason why it was locked.

after the fight.

he said he still went to open the well.

that nor supposed tell you say the op get him own for body?

if you get sense You supposed weigh 2 odds

ps
for those quoting me to abuse their father.

quote me and die before the month end

them nor go see your dead body bury.

quote me and see

Some times na craze dem dey use port craze.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by LordVarys1: 10:33am On Dec 15, 2021
You won't be jailed so dont be scared. You may even get the sympathy of the judge and the case will turn around. Tell the judge you do not have money to afford a lawyer that you are just a student.

U will be surprised the judge may just turn the case against her.

Dont be scared of going to court. Court is not as bad as we think it is

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2021
I can bet my balls this happened in Independence layout.

I just hope his son is not a Nairalander grin grin

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by samdaisi: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2021
Oga sir, you're still a small boy driving with the mentality of being a student before you went to challenge your landlady for locking well, your instinct should would have told you what the result will be.
If i were you
1) your fellow students will monitor you there with phone cameral because you are not the only student affected, injury to one it's an injury to all
2) attempted to pull down your boxer you would have assisted them tearing your clothes to justify your evidence the all the family joined hand to beat hell from you
3) you have been the first person to visit hospital complaining bitterly about the beating and injuries you suffered from them
4) you should have been the first person to lodge complaint in police station to get them invited for questioning

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by EmyGod(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Some landlady are spiritual, so u fight spiritual too. Get your bible, get a small bowls of water, get a stone, get a feathers or incense, get a candle. These are d 4elements of the world. Woke up in the midnight 12pm, open psalm 35 & read 7times, tender ur request unto GOD, call on the angels of the 4elements to fight for you. do this for 7days, exactly 8days they will call u & make peace with you.
This is wrong brother, God is not mocked. Bible and the name of Jesus Christ in prayers can do wonders more than any other thing.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by santos123(m): 10:39am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:
I'm currently having issues in the place I stay, I am a student that rented an apartment close to school, and ever since this landlady and her children have been a thorn in my flesh and even other neighbors.

Let me narrate what happened.
I'm not a perfect grammar person and please read to the end.

In the place I stay, there's a well we fetch water from, so last week Sunday the well was locked up, which was very unusual... It was locked up from morning till night, nobody in the compound could access water.. I couldn't cook nor bath, so in the evening I decided to go ask the landlady why the well was locked and ask for the key so I can get water.

On getting to the landlady's place, I greeted her and asked calmly why the well was locked up, before I knew what was happening her son came out and told me to get out of there... I was very shocked and surprised, that I came to ask for the key to the well and he just tells me to walk out like that.

I told him I'm here to ask why the well was locked and collect the key, and that I cannot just walk out like that.

Before I knew what was happening, the boy started getting aggressive and he was threatening that he would kill me and was making all sort of threats, before I knew it... He attacked me, both the mom and the son with their last daughter.

They pushed me to the wall, which I sustained an injury at the back of my hand, the landlady was trying to get me naked by pulling the short I was wearing... I wore this short because I wanted to collect the key, fetch water and take my bathe.

So as she was trying to pull down my shorts and get me naked, I had to bite her a little so she could release her hand from my shorts.

The neighbors gathered because of the noise and saw the three of them against me.
Then I left there and went and open the well which they padlocked, then they came down and insisted that nobody would use the well.

It was then that someone told me the reason why they locked the well was because the son of the landlady had an issue with someone early in the morning while the both of them were fetching water and he locked up the well to deal with the person... Thus causing inconveniences for the remaining tenants.

The next day they(landlady and her son) went to the police to report the matter.

And they lied to the police that they locked up the well because the tenants were polluting the well.
Then they reported that I came to their house to attack them and I bite her.

Then the police came and took me and the neighbor that had disagreement with the son that resulted in them locking up the well.

We left the police station that same day and we went back in two days time for interview..
At the interview the police asked us to settle the matter amicably, but they proposed that they want to go to court and if we don't want to go to the court, that we'll have to pay the sum of 50k.

The 50k is for the money she used to treat herself, which is a lie. One of the neighbor in the compound overheard her making arrangements with a pharmacist to manipulate the bill of drugs she got.

And aside that, up till now they have refused to open the well for the whole compound to use, but they themselves are still using it, despite claiming that it was polluted.

Now my Daddy had to call her and beg and he told her to calm down that he would pay her 15k but she refused, that it's the 50k or we go to court.

Now my question is.

Was I wrong in the first place for going to ask of the key to the well that was locked up without proper information of why it was locked, and this well is the well we've been using since we packed in?

The second question is, if we go to the court now, what are the penalties I would have to face if I was wrong?

And finally, is it right for a Landlady to lock up the well that everyone uses because of an issue with one of the tenants?

This place is in Enugu State.
Thank you as make you various wise inputs.
is it Unn?
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by obinoral1179(m): 10:42am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

I did a video of that today.
tell her you want to go to court
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 15, 2021
EmyGod:

This is wrong brother, God is not mocked. Bible and the name of Jesus Christ in prayers can do wonders more than any other thing.
i believe in JESUS as you did, am a Redeem member but i can also tells you that there is nothing wrong waking in the midnight to pray, praying with the 4elements & calling on the angels of GOD in prayers. dont misunderstood ur belief on calling on GOD.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by georgemarcus(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2021
OP i dont know your age to start with, but from your writing one can easily detect. I want to advise you not to make any further case if you dont have the gut, will, power and money. The property belongs to this woman and the worse is her kids are there with you. Thank God they didnt remove your tooth before you know it. In such matters, you need to be careful how you seek justice, advise or revenge. Your dad must be a peace maker for him to plead to make peace by paying 15k. On the other hand, if you have money to pack out from that house, seek the advise of a lawyer to go to court with her. Of course, she making plans with a Pharmacist and also going to Police shows you that they want to humiliate you and tell you they own the place you are staying. Therefore, you must do whatever they say and live in their apartment according to their instructions. If you go to court with your tore clothes and bruises around your groins it enough evidence for self defense, even though the Police and the Pharmacist come to their aid, she wont win a case with you. So think deep and do whats best. I wish we have lawyers here who can throw in their advice

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by zealous2121(m): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2021
My question is this, are you financially capable. If you have up to #150k, what you should do now is go back to the police station or a different one close by, and arrest her back.. tell them your side of the story and explain she and her family's strip you naked not try to, tell the police they actually did and you had to bite her to enable you draw your panties up and run...

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by MaverickA3: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2021
If this your narration is true without any addition or subtraction, try to get 2 or 3 fellow tenants or neighbor who will be your witness in case you go to court. Just prepare to tell the judge that you bite the woman in self-defense when she was pressing your balls or pushing your neck against the wall.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

for you to even fight publicly resulting to biting and blowing with your landlady or landlord, doesn't speak good about you as a tenant.

na to avoid physical fight.

but this op admitting he fought with his landlady.
dey judge dey give us say them gather am.
coming here to seek fake sympathy.

landlady's are wicked we know.

but some tenants do pass devil.

I still dey wonder after you bite my mama finish for hand, you still gather mind go break the lock from the well. (if na you op them bite your mama, how you go feel)

na the landlady son I pity.
na weakling... maybe he's a teenager.

for you to even get liver, bite my mama you go tell me.... nor be the well we go talk about.

na so one of my papa tenant's won carry that kind leg some years ago, Because him know dey see boys for my father's house....na only my sisters dey around.

hahahaha, when I show face because of am...crash 2weeks he maintain.

we nor quarrel...we nor fight.

but only my doings for the compound.... nobody tell am to maintain.

ps

quote me to abuse your father and die before This month end

them nor go see your body bury.

Lol. So he should have allowed the woman naked him and give him the injury of his life for NOTHING?

Meanwhile you judged the op unreasonably but here you are threatening anyone who quotes you. Very ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by gudugudumeje: 11:35am On Dec 15, 2021
TAKE A FRIENDLY LAWYER TO APPROACH THE POLICE ON THE MATTER... THE POLICE WILL BEHAVE... LET UR FATHER DO ....

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by superCleanworks(m): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

And finally, is it right for a Landlady to lock up the well that everyone uses because of an issue with one of the tenants?

Bros. Ur landlady is working with the police to intimidate you and share your money. You have already started pissing ur pants. Tell them to take the matter to court and you better guard your words and not write any statement till the police provides a lawyer for you or they wait for your own lawyer.
Tell them to serve you the court summons.

To make it better, go by yourself to court and sue them for 15 million naira.

They have no evidence... Except if you have been talking like a radio and police + landlady have been recording all you said to admit guilt.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Skyfornia(m): 11:50am On Dec 15, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Are you guys for real? Why are many Nigerians slave-minded? What gives her the right to deny her tenants usage of their only source of water? Shame on you!

Shame Kee you there! If you can't see that the tenant is arrogant, then the joke is on you!
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by superCleanworks(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2021
zealous2121:
My question is this, are you financially capable. If you have up to #150k, what you should do now is go back to the police station or a different one close by, and arrest her back.. tell them your side of the story and explain she and her family's strip you naked not try to, tell the police they actually did and you had to bite her to enable you draw your panties up and run...

He better use that money & go straight to court and get them sued for 50 million naira. Make dem see small madness

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by timi4mayo(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Some landlady are spiritual, so u fight spiritual too. Get your bible, get a small bowls of water, get a stone, get a feathers or incense, get a candle. These are d 4elements of the world. Woke up in the midnight 12pm, open psalm 35 & read 7times, tender ur request unto GOD, call on the angels of the 4elements to fight for you. do this for 7days, exactly 8days they will call u & make peace with you.

Hmm

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by sexyyoyo(m): 11:54am On Dec 15, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by LibraKing: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
chidekings:
any account registered within 1month asking for honest advice is usually just for traffic.dont waste your advice.
i followed nairaland for 5years before I decided to get an account.
so if within this unregistered year i felt like sharing my problem....it means iam hunting for traffick?

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by zealous2121(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
superCleanworks:

He better use that money & go straight to court and get them sued for 50 million naira. Make dem see small madness

You are right, it cost #150k to charge someone too court in Lagos. He can do that too...

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nyanabo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Guy park out of that place. If you still have outstanding rent ask them to balance you. Beside tell them you would see them in court.

Stop you dad from pleading further it would make them feel like they are right and would make it like you are scared of going to court.

Since other neighbors can testify in court that the well is in good condition and they locked it up only because the son has issues with another tenant.

With a good lawyer you would win and damages would be paid to you and other tenants.

Go and meet them, tell them you are waiting to be served the court papers. If indeed they have. A good lawyer, (s)he would advice them from going to court.

Stop apologizing you stood up for your right.

At a point tolerance becomes stupidity. undecided

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by superCleanworks(m): 12:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
zealous2121:

You are right, it cost #150k to charge someone too court in Lagos. He can do that too...

There is no predetermined cost. It all depends on how much you want to sue the person for.

Last timw i sued someone in lagos for 5 million naira, i paid 5k. I don't know how much it is now.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by seyz91(m): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
cheesy
motymop:

What is this one typing
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Babisha10(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
Look for a good lawyer since u re in Enugu ask for barrister C. D Ogbe he can solve ur problem

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by LibraKing: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
calm your nerves, my only problem is you involving your dad which makes the landlady to be feeling fly. next time when you go to police station, learn how to paint and narrate stories as the weak side. You will tell police you where beaten by the woman and her son, torn your short and got you almost got you naked before you bit her finger to save your self.

Next, complain about body pains, and let the woman know you want court case because you are feeling pains and sick. Tell her you want compensation because you have evidence they lock up the compund well meant for everyone but only using it by her family alone. Tell the police you want to settle in court. in fact engage a lawyer....nah 10k

collect that 15k from your dad, make the lawyer serve the landlady paper...

she go succumb. they no dey chop person for court oooo. i have been there twice because of useless landlord.....b4 you make trouble....learn the law so that you won't shiver when they throw stones at you

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by domchike(m): 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
Attack is the best form of defense
Get an lowbreed lawyer to write a charge for you
5k wil do that
You can charge her for 1.Violating your rights and privileges
2. Assault and batteries
3. Unlawful arrest
4.Abuse of your fundamental human right
5.Abuse of your body
And anything you can think of
Just do that make someone to deliver it to her
NCE1:
I'm currently having issues in the place I stay, I am a student that rented an apartment close to school, and ever since this landlady and her children have been a thorn in my flesh and even other neighbors.

Let me narrate what happened.
I'm not a perfect grammar person and please read to the end.

In the place I stay, there's a well we fetch water from, so last week Sunday the well was locked up, which was very unusual... It was locked up from morning till night, nobody in the compound could access water.. I couldn't cook nor bath, so in the evening I decided to go ask the landlady why the well was locked and ask for the key so I can get water.

On getting to the landlady's place, I greeted her and asked calmly why the well was locked up, before I knew what was happening her son came out and told me to get out of there... I was very shocked and surprised, that I came to ask for the key to the well and he just tells me to walk out like that.

I told him I'm here to ask why the well was locked and collect the key, and that I cannot just walk out like that.

Before I knew what was happening, the boy started getting aggressive and he was threatening that he would kill me and was making all sort of threats, before I knew it... He attacked me, both the mom and the son with their last daughter.

They pushed me to the wall, which I sustained an injury at the back of my hand, the landlady was trying to get me naked by pulling the short I was wearing... I wore this short because I wanted to collect the key, fetch water and take my bathe.

So as she was trying to pull down my shorts and get me naked, I had to bite her a little so she could release her hand from my shorts.

The neighbors gathered because of the noise and saw the three of them against me.
Then I left there and went and open the well which they padlocked, then they came down and insisted that nobody would use the well.

It was then that someone told me the reason why they locked the well was because the son of the landlady had an issue with someone early in the morning while the both of them were fetching water and he locked up the well to deal with the person... Thus causing inconveniences for the remaining tenants.

The next day they(landlady and her son) went to the police to report the matter.

And they lied to the police that they locked up the well because the tenants were polluting the well.
Then they reported that I came to their house to attack them and I bite her.

Then the police came and took me and the neighbor that had disagreement with the son that resulted in them locking up the well.

We left the police station that same day and we went back in two days time for interview..
At the interview the police asked us to settle the matter amicably, but they proposed that they want to go to court and if we don't want to go to the court, that we'll have to pay the sum of 50k.

The 50k is for the money she used to treat herself, which is a lie. One of the neighbor in the compound overheard her making arrangements with a pharmacist to manipulate the bill of drugs she got.

And aside that, up till now they have refused to open the well for the whole compound to use, but they themselves are still using it, despite claiming that it was polluted.

Now my Daddy had to call her and beg and he told her to calm down that he would pay her 15k but she refused, that it's the 50k or we go to court.

Now my question is.

Was I wrong in the first place for going to ask of the key to the well that was locked up without proper information of why it was locked, and this well is the well we've been using since we packed in?

The second question is, if we go to the court now, what are the penalties I would have to face if I was wrong?

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by ALFADOS(m): 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
motymop:

What is this one typing
na ganza man is high, I for de close to him make I give am one dirty slap e go reset his brain for am next time

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by lagosrd: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
Take them to human rights in your area before they concort lies against you and charge you for criminal act. If they do, you will be reprimanded in the prison coustody if you're not smart and fast

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by teacherbim(f): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
What is feather of incense ?

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Immorttal: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
chidekings:
any account registered within 1month asking for honest advice is usually just for traffic.dont waste your advice.
you're wrong. People don't use their main account on nairaland for personal issues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) / The 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja / South African Man Turns His House To Swimming Pool After Heavy Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.