Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,054 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise (50571 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by SugarCake: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
Your neighbors no wan put mouth for the matter? They can say they saw all of dem attack you first and the person that saw her conniving with the pharmacist can speak up.

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Lawly: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
NCE1:

I got a video of that today, and I'm gathering more evidence and witnesses.

Thank you.

Relevant pieces of evidence is the best option. Witnesses are humans and they are manifestly unreliable.

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Malawian(m): 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
Buy another bigger padlock and lock the well as well. Then go inside your apartment.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Lawly: 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
You wanted to show you were smart. Among all the tenants in the compound.

Of all the Tenants residing in the compound, instead of going to ask any of your neighbors why the well is locked up, you preferred to go and challenge LANDLADY for locking the well.

Haha. I don't pity you.

I'm sure, this is not the first time you have challenged landlady. So it had to take you biting the landlady b4 you discovered her reason for locking the well.

The magistrate in court will ask you that bolded aspect that I highlighted.

Wrong. No magistrate will ask that useless unhelpful question

3 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Lawly: 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
maiquel:

Lie!
That's already an imputation of guilt. It would mean the Magistrate has taken a side.

God bless you. It seems you are a lawyer.

5 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Freighthost: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
Most times
Its better to avoid problems and get alternative
U for jus go fetch outside until they r tired
Wahala no dey finish especially wen u know dis set of people are very useless

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Karleb(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
I'm sure there is something like peace and conflict settlement department in your school. I don't know the name it's called exactly but one of my neighbors took a case there when touts (students like us) broke into our villa over a misunderstanding.

The guy that brought them had to eventually pay for the damages. So report that such department in your school, they'll take up the matter.

3 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by BlackyOne: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
NCE1:
Like the tradition, I had to get a new moniker for this.
I'm currently having issues in the place I stay, I am a student that rented an apartment close to school, and ever since this landlady and her children have been a thorn in my flesh and even other neighbors.

Let me narrate what happened.
I'm not a perfect grammar person and please read to the end.

In the place I stay, there's a well we fetch water from, so last week Sunday the well was locked up, which was very unusual... It was locked up from morning till night, nobody in the compound could access water.. I couldn't cook nor bath, so in the evening I decided to go ask the landlady why the well was locked and ask for the key so I can get water.

On getting to the landlady's place, I greeted her and asked calmly why the well was locked up, before I knew what was happening her son came out and told me to get out of there... I was very shocked and surprised, that I came to ask for the key to the well and he just tells me to walk out like that.

I told him I'm here to ask why the well was locked and collect the key, and that I cannot just walk out like that.

Before I knew what was happening, the boy started getting aggressive and he was threatening that he would kill me and was making all sort of threats, before I knew it... He attacked me, both the mom and the son with their last daughter.

They pushed me to the wall, which I sustained an injury at the back of my hand, the landlady was trying to get me naked by pulling the short I was wearing... I wore this short because I wanted to collect the key, fetch water and take my bathe.
So as she was trying to pull down my shorts and get me naked, I had to bite her a little so she could release her hand from my shorts.

The neighbors gathered because of the noise and saw the three of them against me.
Then I left there and went and open the well which they padlocked, then they came down and insisted that nobody would use the well.

It was then that someone told me the reason why they locked the well was because the son of the landlady had an issue with someone early in the morning while the both of them were fetching water and he locked up the well to deal with the person... Thus causing inconveniences for the remaining tenants.

The next day they(landlady and her son) went to the police to report the matter.

And they lied to the police that they locked up the well because the tenants were polluting the well.
Then they reported that I came to their house to attack them and I bite her.

Then the police came and took me and the neighbor that had disagreement with the son that resulted in them locking up the well.

We left the police station that same day and we went back in two days time for interview..
At the interview the police asked us to settle the matter amicably, but they proposed that they want to go to court and if we don't want to go to the court, that we'll have to pay the sum of 50k.

The 50k is for the money she used to treat herself, which is a lie. One of the neighbor in the compound overheard her making arrangements with a pharmacist to manipulate the bill of drugs she got.

And aside that, up till now they have refused to open the well for the whole compound to use, but they themselves are still using it, despite claiming that it was polluted.

Now my Daddy had to call her and beg and he told her to calm down that he would pay her 15k but she refused, that it's the 50k or we go to court.

Now my question is.

Was I wrong in the first place for going to ask of the key to the well that was locked up without proper information of why it was locked, and this well is the well we've been using since we packed in?

The second question is, if we go to the court now, what are the penalties I would have to face if I was wrong?

And finally, is it right for a Landlady to lock up the well that everyone uses because of an issue with one of the tenants?

This place is in Enugu State.
Thank you as make you various wise inputs.

Get a picture/video of her and her children using the well and it should be time stamped.

You also said you were injured, also go to a pharmacist to get treatment and inflate the cost to 500k.

Go to her again, this time to ask when she'll grant you access to get water, and make sure you go with someone to record the while incident.

Then depending on her second reaction, let her proceed to court?

5 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by NCE1: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
Lawly:

Now you have one. Please call my line:

I have serious advice for you if you can do what I tell you. I can't advice you here cus I suspect either her son or her stooge is here mocking you. I know a likely stooge when I see one.

Good evening, I've called your both lines, you didn't pick up.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by NCE1: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
Karleb:
I'm sure there is something like peace and conflict settlement department in your school. I don't know the name it's called exactly but one of my neighbors took a case there when touts (students like us) broke into our villa over a misunderstanding.

The guy that brought them had to eventually pay for the damages. So report that such department in your school, they'll take up the matter.

Whoa, thank you.
I'll work on that.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by NCE1: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
BlackyOne:

Get a picture/video of her and her children using the well and it should be time stamped.

You also said you were injured, also go to a pharmacist to get treatment and inflate the cost to 500k.

Go to her again, this time to ask when she'll grant you access to get water, and make sure you go with someone to record the while incident.

Then depending on her second reaction, let her proceed to court?

I've gotten a video of them already and time.
The thing now is that my injury has dried up, you know because of the harmattan... But I took a picture of it earlier Sha.

Even hers has gone, it's just a little bite that dried up the next day.

Thank you for your advice.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Kingmena: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
KiNg0G:

quiet your mouth, your own still dey your body.
after you bite her finish, you still get mind go open the well.

you won form jaguda bah.

it be like the woman pickin na small boy, left to me...na just me alone.

who give you right to go open the well for my papa compound when I lock, you go tell me.

the judging you judged na from your side.

I go still like here from their side.

because I definitely know, you went there to form vuga for person house when you dey stay.
you didn't go there to ask politely.

how you go fight person just now for him property, you still gather mind go open the well.

the woman pickin na small boy na make.

this one nor supposed to be police matter.
You speak like a child. Try and grow up

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
KiNg0G:

I dey type sense.

it take normal human being to understand.

I can bet on my balls the op didn't go there to ask politely or request for the reason why it was locked.

after the fight.

he said he still went to open the well.

that nor supposed tell you say the op get him own for body?

if you get sense You supposed weigh 2 odds

My friend shut up. If I pay rent, I have become a co owner of your property until the expiration date. You have no right to deny me access to light or water.

4 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by upower123(m): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
KiNg0G:

you won form jaguda bah.

who give you right to go open the well for my papa compound when I lock, you go tell me.

because I definitely know, you went there to form vuga for person house when you dey stay.

how you go fight person just now for him property, you still gather mind go open the well.

you need help

3 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by 3plet: 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
This is a case of wickedness &intimidation.
I subscribe to op going to court.

police would charge to court depending on statements from both sides

How can you lock a well claiming to the police it was poisoned ,how landlady wan defend this statement . there is also a video evidence of her fetching from the supposed poisoned well,
who would drink of a poisoned well? I no be lawyer oo but I suppose intention matters in law.
This is just pure wickedness&intimidation

The landlady here not only locked the well but also lied to the police the well was poisoned.

Op that woman must produce whoever that poisoned the well .
KiNg0G:

you are a mad man who think with your anus, but I advise you to learn to think like me.

you fit say na just to advice op to go to court, because landlady lock water.

1) they fought and the fight took place at the landlady apartment.

2) the land lady got injured ( because op admitted to bit her)

3) the op still went to break the lock from the well.

only the number 2 self don finish the op for court.

because the op got no witness even if he has a witness.

he wasn't the one that was badly injured, the landlady was.

you as a man can't use your brain to think.

op go win this case for court ?

you well so?

you think court case about your emotions of not able to baff for 1months?

court be like police station.

you come with facts.

the op has no right at all to break that lock from the well.

if he his paying monthly for the well or Tap then he has a case.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by juniorstar(m): 4:30am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:
I'm currently having issues in the place I stay, I am a student that rented an apartment close to school, and ever since this landlady and her children have been a thorn in my flesh and even other neighbors.

In the place I stay, there's a well we fetch water from, so last week Sunday the well was locked up, which was very unusual... It was locked up from morning till night, nobody in the compound could access water.. I couldn't cook nor bath, so in the evening I decided to go ask the landlady why the well was locked and ask for the key so I can get water.

On getting to the landlady's place, I greeted her and asked calmly why the well was locked up, before I knew what was happening her son came out and told me to get out of there... I was very shocked and surprised, that I came to ask for the key to the well and he just tells me to walk out like that.

I told him I'm here to ask why the well was locked and collect the key, and that I cannot just walk out like that.

Before I knew what was happening, the boy started getting aggressive and he was threatening that he would kill me and was making all sort of threats, before I knew it... He attacked me, both the mom and the son with their last daughter.

They pushed me to the wall, which I sustained an injury at the back of my hand, the landlady was trying to get me naked by pulling the short I was wearing... I wore this short because I wanted to collect the key, fetch water and take my bathe.
So as she was trying to pull down my shorts and get me naked, I had to bite her a little so she could release her hand from my shorts.

The neighbors gathered because of the noise and saw the three of them against me.
Then I left there and went and open the well which they padlocked, then they came down and insisted that nobody would use the well.

It was then that someone told me the reason why they locked the well was because the son of the landlady had an issue with someone early in the morning while the both of them were fetching water and he locked up the well to deal with the person... Thus causing inconveniences for the remaining tenants.

The next day they(landlady and her son) went to the police to report the matter.

And they lied to the police that they locked up the well because the tenants were polluting the well.

Then the police came and took me and the neighbor that had disagreement with the son that resulted in them locking up the well.

We left the police station that same day and we went back in two days time for interview..
At the interview the police asked us to settle the matter amicably, but they proposed that they want to go to court and if we don't want to go to the court, that we'll have to pay the sum of 50k.

The 50k is for the money she used to treat herself, which is a lie. One of the neighbor in the compound overheard her making arrangements with a pharmacist to manipulate the bill of drugs she got.

And aside that, up till now they have refused to open the well for the whole compound to use, but they themselves are still using it, despite claiming that it was polluted.

Now my Daddy had to call her and beg and he told her to calm down that he would pay her 15k but she refused, that it's the 50k or we go to court.

Now my question is.

Was I wrong in the first place for going to ask of the key to the well that was locked up without proper information of why it was locked, and this well is the well we've been using since we packed in?

The second question is, if we go to the court now, what are the penalties I would have to face if I was wrong?

And finally, is it right for a Landlady to lock up the well that everyone uses because of an issue with one of the tenants?

Dont pay 1 kobo and the whole tenant should speak up..this kind thing no be only you suppose go alone. Abi the other tenants no dey use the well.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by 1Sharon(f): 5:33am On Dec 15, 2021
Get a chainsaw and saw off the padlock.

How can you be denied access to water when you're paying rent?
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by LofP(m): 7:02am On Dec 15, 2021
Please find a Legal Aid Office in Enugu or lawyers that offer pro bono service for further advice.

If you were told that you would get water from the well before renting the house, that is a verbal affirmation of your right to get water from the well in that compound.

Why I asked you to seek the lawyer is because you should tell the police to escalate the case to a court. Don't let the woman's bad behaviour go unpunished.

Get a photograph of your injury and make sure you can get neighbors who will agree to testify against the landlady in court, especially the person who had the first quarrel with the landlady's son if possible.

Do not agree to extortion. Live as calmly and as peacefully as you can until the matter is resolved.

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by hope4nigeria(m): 7:53am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

Now my question is.

let her go to court, prepare your evidence how three of them attack you and how you fought for your dear life. Then plan to leave that house as soon as possible. Your landlady na wintch

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Ofadaman(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2021
This is why most tenants become members of cult groups, inorder to avoid this kind of intimidation. I grew up in Enugu, and water is a problem there, even water from wells aren't even clean enough.

I do blame the police for this, they do not even think or use their heads. You need to set up a meeting with the other members of the compound and together speak with the landlady, if she refuses, you can all decide in your next line of action. E.g. Break the key , if police comes you'd all be in the majority and they'd want to listen.

Stupid landlords and their kids often believe that their tenants are slave

3 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by lalasticlala(m): 8:23am On Dec 15, 2021
Kriss216:

A case of a sex starved landlady and a vampire.

Lol
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Bamzyriches451: 8:24am On Dec 15, 2021
Na Ibadan landlady go fit do that kind thing
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Kuriosmynd: 8:29am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

you won form jaguda bah.

You are seriously a fool for this comment. Never knew u are this senseless...cos I used to see you on redpill thread.
Like wtf, a tenant paid for services in the house and has the right to ask questions, he's not a a begger to be treated like one, and has the right to bungle that well, if he desperately needs water. this is ordinary water. so u are supporting wickedness by landlady while she uses same water...
U must be very stupid.
The landlady can never win the case. No one can try that with me. I will make them regret accepting me as tenant. Fool

5 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by cilayik: 8:29am On Dec 15, 2021
Na wa o
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2021
See matter wey dem wan carry go court untop water ah omo this country is not for me I gas leave next year February.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

Now my question is.

You are a student with the future in front of you. Leave the house asap. The house is a trap to stop you from achieving your goals on life.

Tour first step is leaving the house. Forget about any N15k, N50k. Just leave the house for her. And move forward. Take a picture of how you left the house so she doesnt claim you destroy anything.

Such people are born with wahala. Just avoid them and face your studies.

If you like wahala, continue living there and keep arguing with them.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Adeoba10(m): 8:31am On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

Now my question is.

Go pour sniper inside well joor.... No be me advise you sha
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Meedon: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2021
E be like say, you don lose your senses again. I was happy you were picking yourself back up last time.

KiNg0G:

you won form jaguda bah.

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Kuriosmynd: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

I dey type sense.

it take normal human being to understand.

I can bet on my balls the op didn't go there to ask politely or request for the reason why it was locked.

after the fight.

he said he still went to open the well.

that nor supposed tell you say the op get him own for body?

if you get sense You supposed weigh 2 odds
You are such an idiot. Is the tenant a begger? like wtf do you mean polite.
Someome demanded to ask why a well is locked for over 24 hrs, and u are talking of polite. Abi u dey mad ni...Shay the tenant no pay rent money ni...Why do we we have useless wicked idiots as citizens in this country

5 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by neonly: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

you won form jaguda bah.

Then they should not have rented d place out
Once u rent yur place out u loose ownership until d rent expire hope u know dat

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by dermyk: 8:33am On Dec 15, 2021
You paid for the house. Which should come along with water.. I know say dem go tell you water dey when u wan rent am.
As long as you didn't initiate the violence. The judge IS not stupid. She is probably having a friend at the station. Say no to EXTORTION. GO TO COURT

3 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Sonicroyel: 8:33am On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

for you to even fight publicly resulting to biting and blowing with your landlady or landlord, doesn't speak good about you as a tenant.

na to avoid physical fight.

but this op admitting he fought with his landlady.
dey judge dey give us say them gather am.
coming here to seek fake sympathy.

landlady's are wicked we know.

but some tenants do pass devil.

I still dey wonder after you bite my mama finish for hand, you still gather mind go break the lock from the well. (if na you op them bite your mama, how you go feel)

na the landlady son I pity.
na weakling... maybe he's a teenager.

for you to even get liver, bite my mama you go tell me.... nor be the well we go talk about.

na so one of my papa tenant's won carry that kind leg some years ago, Because him know dey see boys for my father's house....na only my sisters dey around.

hahahaha, when I show face because of am...crash 2weeks he maintain.

we nor quarrel...we nor fight.

but only my doings for the compound.... nobody tell am to maintain.

You be Benin boy ? Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) / The 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja / South African Man Turns His House To Swimming Pool After Heavy Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.