Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? (22897 Views)

I Catfished My Ex / Share Your Experience Being The 'heartbreaker'? / What Would It Be Like If A Yahoo Boy Was Catfished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Dmacqh:

Lol . I can’t stop laughing . I hail you boss for the fucking industry .
Though I’ve not seen a girl that will avoid a guy who can Bleep so we’ll. What I know is the don’t like someone who prefers Bleep to food .

You see that talk about preferring fvck to food ehn na me
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by Dmacqh(m): 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
[quote author=youmour post=108564491]

You see that talk about preferring fvck to food ehn na me[/quote
Hahaha , broke boy like me , nah to survive first
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by Haykinx98(m): 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
Damn niqqa
Catfishing is the real hustling
Real niqqas do catfish Wella,Just avoid red jacket wahala
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by kaziblake(f): 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

God forgive me, but this happened to me at Ikeja Lagos a few years ago.

I was running a promotion for a certain gameshow we were organizing. I put out a call for models and got lots of submissions. After a painstaking day of work sorting through the pictures, my team and I selected 5 of the models to do the photoshoot, so we sent them messages about date, venue and time.

Next day came and it was time for the shoot. We were to meet at Ipodo street, Ikeja then from there head to Yaba where the studio was located.

Four of the models arrived on time and we were waiting for the last girl.

Next thing, I received a call -

Model: "I'm here Sir. Where are you guys?"

I directed her to where our vehicle was waiting and GUYYYSSSSS!!! When I saw her, I almost jumped out o the vehicle!

I thought I was the only one going through this experience but my friend who was assisting me shouted from the back of the vehicle - "Boss wetin dey happen?! Who be dis?!"

The lady looked NOTHING, I mean... N O T H I N G like her picture.

We are all wonderfully and beautifully made, but what was walking towards me was an antithesis! I am the most non-judgmental person I know, but in this case, I lost composure.

Firstly, the pimples on her face were as big as boils, I KID YOU NOT!

Secondly, I had a job to deliver for a company! I could already see the project failing.

My team members were agitating, telling the driver to drive off quickly!

She got to our car and greeted me. I was speechless. I must have mumbled some jargon cuz I can't remember what I said to her.

We finally started the trip and got to the Studio at Yaba.

I told my team members to put her shot at the end. No group shots for her and only two personals with the branded T-Shirt.

I don't know what my guys told her, but they took her outside to do her makeup, while the shoot commenced inside with the other models. We shot for about thirty minutes so I called for a break.

I stepped outside for fresh air, only to see the most beautiful woman I have ever seen! I was further alarmed when I saw her wearing the branded Tshirts for the campaign we were shooting.

I walked up to her and asked how she got the shirt.

Model: "You gave me nauuu"

I was bamboozled!

She had done her makeup and honestly it was more of a faceswap because till today, I am unable to juxtapose the person I met at Ikeja, with the person standing before me at Yaba.

She was looking so glamorous, even my guys were shocked when they came out.

I quickly grabbed her and took her into the Studio to commence her shoot.

When we were done, she had more shots than the remaining 4 models combined.

The stone the builders rejected, had become the chief cornerstone, but this glamour was to be short-lived. We rounded up the shoot and she wiped her face...

We were back to square one!
Lol Na wa o�

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by kaziblake(f): 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
The one I met was very short, like very very small chai!
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by Jeon(f): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2021
WaterWalker5:
Wow can you relate the experience of how you met a spirit
why should I reveal a secret?
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by DroppingLiquid: 4:33pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:
Ever seen someone's pictures online and when you both finally met, the person turned out to be totally different?

Share your experience being catfished! smiley

Morning!

I like your threads, Berry.
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2021
DroppingLiquid:

I like your threads, Berry.
Thank you!!! I'm flattered... smiley

I hate the gender wars.. if only Nairalanders would contribute... But they prefer to fight...
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by DroppingLiquid: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:
Thank you!!! I'm flattered... smiley

I hate the gender wars.. if only Nairalanders would contribute... But they prefer to fight...

I hear it wasn’t always like this. The two genders used to live in harmony.
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
DroppingLiquid:

I hear it wasn’t always like this. The two genders used to live in harmony.
Yes! Until the redpill ish... It caused a divide...
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by WaterWalker5(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
Jeon:

why should I reveal a secret?
It ain't supposed to be a secret unless its an event you just don't wanna share for various reasons:
You don't wanna share with me because we ain't friends
Or the event is one in which the experience is something you wanna forget.
Which ever way honey
I'm the last person who'll force you to narrate something you don't wanna share
I cherish you more than that!!!!
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
Bunkbars:
grin grin For sure naw, There was a lady i met online, Honestly when i met, I got depressed for a a day, due to the disappointment. I thought i have finally met that one person. her personally was cool, But what i saw on line was totally what i saw in real life, i felt betrayed, Or rather deceived. Well i took her to the place we ate and drank, i gave her transport fare back home. She chatted me up for a week, with no response from me. before she stopped.

So it's like a thing for you?! undecided
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by goodlife4good(m): 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
destiny4luv:
Lol.... Mine was very funny, some years ago I met this girl on face book so pretty when I saw her pics. But what I failed to notice in all her pics was she didn't snap full pics just from her breast upward, which she look very pretty and boosty.

So after charting for some weeks we decided to hook up so I told her the place and time. I was there an hour before her to observe her when she comes so as to know what am into. Where I was I can see anybody coming into the lounge without the person coming seeing who is inside. So when the time came this babe showed and my phone rang I picked up and she said she was outside putting on red gown. My father my maker what I saw almost gave me an heart attack. This girl was so fat beyond my expectations not just that but short too and because of her fat to walk is even an issue. My heart was going up and down. She said where are u na, I said am on my way but my friend is inside that she should go in and I will be with them shortly that my friend will keep her company. Even as I love round and boosting ladies this particular one was out of my league.

I called one of the bar guys who happens to be my friend he just rounded up from his shift so I pleaded with him to receive the girl and give her what she wants. I just passed the back door of the lounge Jakpa sharp sharp nor be me person pickin go give heart attack.

Could u believe when my friend received this babe and asked her what she cares for Lo and behold this girl ate shawama after that babeque with five spenoff ice. While they where together my friend was updating me what was going on through Watts-app. I told my friend not to allow her take anything again. Later on she called me and said when am I coming that she is missing me oh LoL... grin. Chai laugh one kill me why u no go miss me when u don chop almost 10k for my head, I didn't bother about the money though. I just told her on my way coming my boss called me back and sent me on an errand that I don't think I can make it there again. She said she can wait even if it's till night, for my mind I say nor be me and u. I told her not to that I will call her another time. She said aren't we spending the night together I said no it should be next time and I hung up the call.

When she was about leaving she told my friend that she will need like two shawama as take away to give to her siblings. My friend refused telling her that he has exhausted all the money he has. Na so this babe vex commot. She called me later I didn't pick. When she left I went back to the lounge my guys around one use laugh kill me say I jam heavy weight champion I Jakpa Lol... grin. This babe called me for straight one week none stop with loads of messages not until I blocked her. Since that experience I never met any lady online again till I got married grin.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New year to all Nairalanders I love u all. Cheers.
grin grin grin grin grin i love your story very funny oooo
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by goodlife4good(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2021
aspabay:
Hahahaha, has one experience like that.

A friend gonna match-make us. we chatted for months on BB, intentionally didn't ask to meet until I felt it was okay. She is pretty and can hold conversations for a long time.

We would meet at ICM, she got there before me, when she saw me coming she was scared, and said "I didn't know you were this tall'.

She is just a bit above my waist level. Very short.

I wasn't even bothered but she was very shy of her height and withdrew from me afterward.
grin grin grin grin grin grin i cant stop laughing am just enjoying my day with all this comment
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by goodlife4good(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
aspabay:
Hahahaha, has one experience like that.

A friend gonna match-make us. we chatted for months on BB, intentionally didn't ask to meet until I felt it was okay. She is pretty and can hold conversations for a long time.

We would meet at ICM, she got there before me, when she saw me coming she was scared, and said "I didn't know you were this tall'.

She is just a bit above my waist level. Very short.

I wasn't even bothered but she was very shy of her height and withdrew from me afterward.
bros na dwarf be the girl
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
IbrahimSkiba:

So it's like a thing for you?! undecided
How, i don't understand, i only felt disappointed. Shouldn't i be? shocked, it's not a thing, if i see an attractive lady online, it's normal i chat her up. Same way if i meet a lady off line, we all need each other.
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
Bunkbars:
How, i don't understand, i only felt disappointed. Shouldn't i be? shocked, it's not a thing, if i see an attractive lady online, it's normal i chat her up. Same way if i meet a lady off line, we all need each other.

Yeah, I know right?!

Technically you are just after looks... What if she felt the same way about you, but didn't wanted you to feel bad?
Re: What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
IbrahimSkiba:

Yeah, I know right?!

Technically you are just after looks... What if she felt the same way about you, but didn't wanted you to feel bad?
its not like she looked ugly, she was okay, just that the beauty i saw online wasn't what i saw off line, she wasn't looking that bad. If she had felt same way, towards me No problem, life goes on, one man's food is another man poison. Every one is after looks, you obviously can't date a dirty looking, and unkempt guy. That's why guys look good, same way ladies take care of them selves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have A Cotton Wool Stuck Inside My Vagina / Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? / Types Of Prostitutes You'll Meet In Brothels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.