Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes (14475 Views)

Father Thaddeus Ilechukwu Disguises As A Beggar In Anambra / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by MrPaul2: 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2021
Nooneonline:

Ur tithe is one tenth of Ur earnings or salary. That is for God and strictly for God any other form of giving is 'helps' that one u can choose whom u want to give it to
Deu 14:28 go and read it

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by DWJOBScom(m): 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2021
kolaish:
I commend you for your write-up though, but please try and digest Mathew 23: 23:
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Please note from the above that Jesus never condemned tithing. I rest my case here.

Well done!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by MrPaul2: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
I was wondering if it's a most to take your tithes to church?
Deu 14:28 make this your question clear

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by kolaish(m): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2021
jpmoriarti:
You’re a criminal. May God expose you for extorting and stealing in the name of God.

Tell me a single place in the bible where Christ asked his followers to pay tithe?
It is evident that you need salvation. A good christian and well trained person does not utter the word above. For your information, I am not a pastor neither am I a priest. Kindly go closer to God by reading your bible daily.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by RALPHOW(m): 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2021
Where did bible asked you to drop your tithe?
INHIS STORE HOUSE.
If you feel your God's store house is beggar's hand, drop it there and stop seeking stupid attention.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by orisa37: 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
It's right but always follow your heart and be certain that you are not deceiving yourself.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by jclassiq(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
Dada4me:

Tithe is meant to ensure there is meat in the house of God as stated in Malachi 3:10.
How many times have you seen that fulfilled in the so called churches who are always harping on tithe issues every day. ? Be honest
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Owiii(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
Tithe is 10% of your income. You still have 90% of your income to give to beggars as alms. Giving to beggars is alms giving.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by doublecross(m): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2021
mohims:

Better scam sef. Na God go punish them on the last day
exactly!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by MMempire(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
chatinent:
I think the main person who needs to be given anything is the beggar rather than the other rich beggar who uses subtle means to extort it from you with the threat of you roasting in hell fire as a spirit when you die.

Do not pastors tell you to ask God for protection and guidance while they themselves use security personnel after your tithes and offerings have accumulated billions upon billions for them?

You give your tithes and offerings in secret but they tweet their giveback to the world...that is if they even give because last time I checked, they tell you to pray to God for your needs.

They are always telling you God told them to do this and do that...however, every pastor says different things “from God.”

They preach prosperity! Jesus preached God's Kingdom.

Before you intend arguing with me, explain to me what rashidi yekeni yamaha Kawa totoyota susuki means.

With the number of churches in Nigeria alone, one would think it is the most peaceful region. You can see up to twelve different churches in a two storey in Nigeria shouting differently and you are wondering why they will not tell you it is God that called them? Simply! You are vulnerable to be deceived when you hear God! The format has enriched many billionaires of the world!

You will see them hampering on offering from the “old testament” yet leaving Paul's account on voluntary giving?

Brothers,

They give you what you want to hear: miracles magic, fake testimonies, and “God says” since it brings quick responses.

Some of their fleet of cars, and private jets can feed the whole country for years. I mean three-square meals.

Ever wondered why every pastor you can think of is a billionaire? Simple! You pray to God for money and give to them who thank God for bringing people like you!

You, yes you, you respect your pastor even more than the God you claim to serve. The only respect you have for him is writing the “G” in capital letters!

I promise you, I won't respond to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nauttyprof(m): 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2021
You wonder why OP decided to raise this topic. I just feel his motive was to raise the usual anti church and anti tithe issue. He does not have any intention to help a beggar rather just to generate comments on the issue and be glad that comments went against the church while beggars (which he does not want to help) are favoured.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Emma15678: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2021
chatinent:
I think the main person who needs to be given anything is the beggar rather than the other rich beggar who uses subtle means to extort it from you with the threat of you roasting in hell fire as a spirit when you die.

Do not pastors tell you to ask God for protection and guidance while they themselves use security personnel after your tithes and offerings have accumulated billions upon billions for them?

You give your tithes and offerings in secret but they tweet their giveback to the world...that is if they even give because last time I checked, they tell you to pray to God for your needs.

They are always telling you God told them to do this and do that...however, every pastor says different things “from God.”

They preach prosperity! Jesus preached God's Kingdom.

Before you intend arguing with me, explain to me what rashidi yekeni yamaha Kawa totoyota susuki means.

With the number of churches in Nigeria alone, one would think it is the most peaceful region. You can see up to twelve different churches in a two storey in Nigeria shouting differently and you are wondering why they will not tell you it is God that called them? Simply! You are vulnerable to be deceived when you hear God! The format has enriched many billionaires of the world!

You will see them hampering on offering from the “old testament” yet leaving Paul's account on voluntary giving?

Brothers,

They give you what you want to hear: miracles magic, fake testimonies, and “God says” since it brings quick responses.

Some of their fleet of cars, and private jets can feed the whole country for years. I mean three-square meals.

Ever wondered why every pastor you can think of is a billionaire? Simple! You pray to God for money and give to them who thank God for bringing people like you!

You, yes you, you respect your pastor even more than the God you claim to serve. The only respect you have for him is writing the “G” in capital letters!

I promise you, I won't respond to you.
Tithe is the money paid to people serving in the House of God you must pay it to churches if you believe in it. Offering is the money you give to God, you can give it through charity donation or at churches. It is lethal to misunderstand spiritual issues.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Anakazo22: 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
mohims:

I pray for you to receive sense. You have been brainwashed.

Your generation have been brainwashed not me. Since you are not paying tithe,are you better than those that have been giving to God.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
Very very wrong if you are to give beggar bible would have indicate. Bring all tithe to my house, so beggar is not house of God
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Anakazo22: 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
Foundwealth001:

Stop deceiving others, simply coz u ve been brainwashed and doctrinated. There are many religiouses that do not preach nor pay tithes, still yet, they receive blessing from God.
The essence of human being is to worship and glorify God.
Tithe is an earthly bribe for the GOs. They invoke fear into you, making u to part with your money.
God is the creator of heaven and earth. He dwelleth in heaven, watching over the affair of mankind.
Giving generously to others is not a sin. It opens way.
Tithe is a compulsion, forceful, burdensome obligation imposed on Christians by gullible men of God, Who uses such money for materials and flamboyant things of life.

You are the one being brainwashed and indoctrinated, if you like don't give that's your cup of tea,I have been giving and will keep giving for the work of God and there is nothing people like you can do about it.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Youngzedd(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
kolaish:
I commend you for your write-up though, but please try and digest Mathew 23: 23:
“ “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Please note from the above that Jesus never condemned tithing. I rest my case here.

Was that before the death of Christ or after?

Mind you, Christ was talking to the religious leaders practicing Judaism, he wasn't talking to his disciples (Christians).

Matthew 27:50-52
[50]Then Yeshua shouted out again, and he released his spirit.
[51]At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart,
[52]and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead.

The above verse is the establishment of the new covenant.
His death and resurrection is the fulfillment of the law.

If truly we are followers of Christ, he and the Apostles never preached, paid or collected tithe, why are we still dwelling on what has no root in Christianity?

You need to understand that there's a big difference between the old and new covenant. When you as a Christian understands this, only then you can call yourself a TRUE Christian.

Matthew 11:11
Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Matthew 13:17
For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Dada4me: 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2021
jclassiq:

How many times have you seen that fulfilled in the so called churches who are always harping on tithe issues every day. ? Be honest

They are answerable to God. Just fulfill your obligation to God and leave the rest to God.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by lookingfly: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
you deside!

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by khadaffi(m): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
Dada4me:
The word of God expressly commands that you bring all the tithes into His store house (God's house). You can make extra provision for beggars.

The challenge people have these days is that they want to help God manage the resources He has commanded to be brought to His house simply because they believe the resources are being mismanaged. Yet it does not change God's command.

Yours is to bring the tithe into His store house, the management rests on the leadership of the house and to God they shall give account.

Therefore, take your tithes to God as He has commanded and leave the management to those whose responsibility it is. The question whether they are properly managed or not should be between them and God.

There are so many holes in your submission but I know this is the general explanation being preached in most churches, although it is wrong. Your submission shows you don't understand why Jesus Christ died for us. I want to ask again are you sure you understand why he died? The temple of God dwells within us not in a building. After Jesus died everyone had easy access to God. It was no longer restricted to only holy priest having access to him.

It is everyone responsibility to know if his or her tithe is being spent on frivolity or otherwise. In that same Malachi where we are instructed to take the tithes to the house of God, the scriptures explained what the tithes should be spent on. I wonder why pastors don't hammer on that part. You can also be held responsible spiritually if it is found that your tithes was being used in funding things like terrorism or kidnapping. If you know it's not used for the purpose it's to be you have every right to stop.

One last thing I want you to know is that God has not made anyone a priest or a pastor. It is all human made. The person you are calling a pastor today might just be a man servant in the eyes of God and the person you are calling an ordinary person might be a bishop in the eyes of God. Those position are nonsense and should not be a yardstick for assessing anyone. Of I feel my tithe is not judiciously spent and I air my opinion, it would be an insult for you to say that is not my job. Because: whose job is it? And who told you it's not my job?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Dada4me: 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
mohims:

God bless you for this.

Giving gifts or alms to the needy is good but should not replace or take the place of tithing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by fkj950ax(m): 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
mohims:

Hahahaha you have obviously been brainwashed. I pray for you to receive sense. Tithe is in the old testament. Kindly show me where Jesus talked about it. Stop being foolish please

The Bible both in the OT and NT didn't ask for tithe to be given to a beggar. As defined in the OT as you intelligently claim, it's for the priest working in the temple. Not for beggars.

That's what the OP asked about. The OP never asked should tithe be continued in the NT. He or she asked can it be given to beggars?

You are quick to respond with hate in your mind, leaving out the need to first understand the conversation.

If we all take time to listen to one another, we wouldn't be so aggressive and mean with our comments in public.

Thank God you haven't being brainwashed, and you are a custodian of sense. But my faith is not a function of your opinion. Allow me to be foolish. It doesn't take away from your salvation or intelligence.

Luke 11:42. New Living Translation
“What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things."

You can read another translation of your choice, but this is to make it easy to read by you.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by kolaish(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
Was that before the death of Christ or after?
[/quote] Thanks. For me, tithe is the least of my worries. I don't compromise in paying it. I don't see any reason why paying 10 percent to your creator would be a subject of discussion. I have not seen where the Bible says categorically that anyone that pays tithe is a sinner. Many Christian like to play smart by hiding from financial commitment to God.

Those early prophets you talked about sold their properties and share it with others. How many Christian can/have done that this days?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by adebola247(f): 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
Malachi 3 verse 10 should answer your question
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2021
Dada4me:

Giving gifts or alms to the needy is good but should not replace or take the place of tithing.
I cannot give my tithe to someone who will be spending it on luxuries when there are some many people in dire need. God will bless more for giving it to the needy than giving it to the pastor who thinks of nothing but how to acquire private jet, the latest cars etc
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
Anakazo22:

Your generation have been brainwashed not me. Since you are not paying tithe,are you better than those that have been giving to God.
Which God have you been giving it to? Did you men to say God of men (yahoo yahoo men in suits)?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by LikeAking: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:

No try am.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Coolgent(m): 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
Yeah especially of he or she is from your families
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by yahwehpickin(m): 12:51am On Dec 20, 2021
chigoziri2403:
It's your money
Do what you want to do with it

Anybody asking you to bring money as tithes to church is a scam
The true definition of giving as taught by Christ Was giving to the less privileged

Any Christian who doesnt pay his tithe, offering to God doesn't understand financial principles in God's kingdom and that's his or her issue. NO ONE CAN CHEAT GOD. YOU ONLY HURT YOURSELF.

CHRISTIANITY IS SPIRITUAL AND THESE PRINCIPLES ARE SPIRITUAL. IF TITHING WAS MAN MADE AND IT DOESN'T ,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.

OFFERING, TITHING, FIRST FRUIT AND ALL THOSE PRINCIPLES WORK IN RESPECT TO FINANCES.

TITHE IS FOR SECURING YOUR 90% IT ISNT FOR FINANCIAL INCREASE!!!!

IF YOU WANT FINANCIAL INCREASE SOW A SEED INTO THE LIFE OF SOMEONE THAT HAS THE ANOINTING FOR FINANCES!!!!

NOT EVERY FEILD IS FERTILE.... DESERN SO YOU DONT SOW YOUR SEED ON A WASTE LAND. cool
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by yahwehpickin(m): 12:58am On Dec 20, 2021
mohims:

I cannot give my tithe to someone who will be spending it on luxuries when there are some many people in dire need. God will bless more for giving it to the needy than giving it to the pastor who thinks of nothing but how to acquire private jet, the latest cars etc

1 we pay our tithe to God not to a pastor
2. Giving to the needy is applodable but don't rub God with your tithe and offerings.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by RealTalkNoBull: 1:19am On Dec 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
■Tithing, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

■Giving offering to your churches, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

■Making your vows in your churches, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

Crazy, delusional, Nigerian Christians will hate this message even though they know it’s true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child / Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.