Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,762 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Can The Creator "Judge" The Created - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Creator "Judge" The Created (3594 Views)

The Existence Of The Creator Is Best Discussed Face To Face. / Adam, The Created Man / The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 3:23am On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:
Not my phrase, as you evidently know,
It behooves me to credit it being yours, for the simple fact, that it was you who introduced and dragged the phraseology into the discourse.

DeepSight:
and certainly not a bed I was present to lay. I, and some seven billion others were not part of that small but colorful dramatis personae.
You havent clued up about the fact that A&E actually and primarily were templates, for the sole purpose to generate large amounts of you and some seven billion others, still counting, that includes me and posterity too

DeepSight:
This still sets out my case for me:
This is akin to someone taking delight in living in a fool's paradise.

DeepSight:
it discloses ignorance pre-consumption and knowledge post-consumption. And there can be no honest freedom of choices in such circumstances.
'Honest freedom of choices' sic would be, complete freedom, to act as one wishes, which just is, what A&E had. A&E were given complete freedom, to act as they deemed and/or wish

DeepSight:
Come to think of it, what conception could the man possibly have had of death? None whatsoever.
Genesis 2:21-22
21So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam;
and while he slept, He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22And the rib which the LORD God had taken from the man He made (fashioned, formed) into a woman,
and He brought her and presented her to the man.

John 11:11-15
11After Jesus said this, he told his disciples,
"Our friend Lazarus is sleeping, and I'm going to Bethany to wake him."
12His disciples said to him, "Lord, if he's sleeping, he'll get well."
13Jesus meant that Lazarus was dead, but the disciples thought Jesus meant that Lazarus was only sleeping.
14Then Jesus told them plainly, "Lazarus has died,
15but I'm glad that I wasn't there so that you can grow in faith. Let's go to Lazarus."

You, again, are slipping on your self imposed ignorance banana skin. If after reading Genesis 2:21-22 and John 11:11-15 plastered up there, you still are asking what conception could the man possibly have had of death, then all I'll say, is pfft.

DeepSight:
In which event nothing but mischief can be deduced on the part of the creator. This is aside from the inherent contradiction in a claim to the existence of freewill beside a dire warning to desist from opening the box which contains "everything."
When you have accomplished a task of creating a creature as tiny as the the fire fly, the world smallest insect, then you would have earned the right to step out are be laying into the Creator and mouthing off

DeepSight:
is a direct contradiction of freedom and a direct affirmation of control.
Better get your facts right before displaying another of your typical colossal ignorance because you see the end, of law, is not to abolish or control, but to preserve and enlarge freedom, for in all the states of created beings capable of laws, where there is no law, there is no freedom, for liberty is, to be free from control and violence from others, which cannot be, where there is no law. Where there is no law

DeepSight:
This is evasive and escapist. I trust you inwardly do recognize the inescapable point as to how an absence of knowledge of good and evil inevitably denies any true freedom of choice. In this, it is way too lame to rest your oars on a simple warning not to touch the Pandora box. For in that very Pandora box rests the true information required for free choice.
Genesis 2:8-9, 15-20
8And the LORD God [f]planted a garden (oasis) in the east, in Eden (delight, land of happiness);
and He put the man whom He had formed (created) there.
9And [in that garden] the LORD God caused to grow from the ground every tree that is desirable
and pleasing to the sight and good (suitable, pleasant) for food;
the tree of life was also in the midst of the garden,
the tree of the [experiential] knowledge (recognition) of [the difference between] good and evil.
15So the LORD God took the man [He had made] and settled him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and keep it.
16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,
“You may freely (unconditionally) eat [the fruit] from every tree of the garden;
17but [only] from the tree of the knowledge (recognition) of good and evil you shall not eat,
otherwise on the day that you eat from it, you shall most certainly die [because of your disobedience].”
19So the LORD God formed out of the ground every animal of the field and every bird of the air,
and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them;
and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20And the man gave names to all the livestock,
and to the birds of the air, and to every animal of the field

The Pandora box rests no true information required for free choice, because from reading the above loaded Genesis 2:8-9, 15-20 narrative, evidence shows that Adam had been practising making free choices before eating off the TKGE.

At Genesis 2:19-20, was an ample opportunity for Adam, not to choose to name the animals, meaning he had a free choice to refuse to name the animals, but he didnt take that free choice not to.

Now not only did Adam exercise his right and power to choose or make free choices, we read that he was considered well informed and intelligent enough, especially of a high level to be saddled with the responsibility of naming the animals

DeepSight:
"Evidences? ? ?"
Yes, indisputable evidences shows that, Adam was subjected to an accelerated learning process or program, which purposefully allowed Adam to think and make reflective judgment(s) concerning what to believe or what not to believe, and so it was that Adam was imparted with enough information by God, to allow him to make informed/educated decisions, like whether or not, to choose to eat the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good or Evil, even naming animals just as earlier touched on

DeepSight:
It appears you are losing sight of the fact that I am only indulging you in following your explanation of a myth which involves a talking serpent.
You veer off course again, which is a sign of you losing the plot, but never mind, listen to this, as I rein you back in with this coming along: The cave you turn up your nose at and walking away from, so not to enter, holds treasures, worthy to seek, loll. The thing about legend and myths are that they're largely made of truth and thats because behind every myth, lies a truth and beyond every legend, is reality, thats as radiant and even sometimes, as chilling, as the story itself.

DeepSight:
These fancy words do nothing to change your escapsim here.
Depending on how long, one's being in the dark for, the eye pupils wont necessarily see with a shine of light because they need time to adjust to see with shine of light. You being in the dark far too long, loll, hence all you see are fancy words and escapisms

DeepSight:
Frankly, I have heard much more profound takes on the Eden allegory than that which you have offered here.
Never overlook the power of simplicity. I am not on here to impress you with a grandiose or profound take, loll, but rather I jumped on the thread, just to subtract the obvious and add the meaningful.

You see, the Eden allegory is simple, but its posters like you, who insist on making it complicated with profound takes and whatnots

DeepSight:
Beware, I am not lazy in these matters - all the same do not mistake me for one ready to be fed fat on the presuppositions of a myth or folk allegory.
Here we go again

DeepSight:
I would rather think that you are the one with a myopic view of them if you suppose them to be individual historical human beings - as opposed to the primordial spirit of man in its pre-existent state untainted by the knowledge of matter. He made them clothes of animal skin. I wonder what you make of that. Dig deep.
Genesis 2:7-9
7then the LORD God formed [that is, created the body of] man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being [an individual complete in body and spirit].
8And the LORD God planted a garden (oasis) in the east, in Eden (delight, land of happiness); and He put the man whom He had formed (created) there.
9And [in that garden] the LORD God caused to grow from the ground every tree that is desirable and pleasing to the sight and good (suitable, pleasant) for food; the tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the [experiential] knowledge (recognition) of [the difference between] good and evil.

Psalm 104:2
The LORD wraps himself in light as with a garment;
He stretches out the heavens like a tent curtain

Matthew 17:2
As the men watched, Jesus’ appearance was transformed
so that his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as light.

Still revelling in your now famed for colossal ignorance, you didnt know that A&E originally were clothed, wrapped and covered with a robe of righteousness, meaning just as read in Psalm 104:2 and Matthew 17:2, they too were clothed in garments of light, loll. Now, the eating of the fruit from the TKGE by A&E, resulted in not just only, their fall from joy and grace, to sorrow and grass, but also resulted in the loss of the powerful protective garment of righteousness. Enough said here about that.

DeepSight:
Why would the writer sabotage his own tale, my friend.
Where is the sabotage? Whats the sabotage? The tale is of no benefit to the Writer, but is of utmost benefit to the legally and lawful inhabitants of earth

DeepSight:
Its still not clear to me how you know this for a fact and its somewhat disturbing that you take the allegory as a historical document.
It is no surprise that trees of many sorts, feature in the Eden allegory, as trees have been always allegories for spiritual growth or spiritual decline.

Now because there is something in the human personality that resents things that are clear and conversely things that attract puzzles, enigma and allegories, it will continue to and still not be clear to you, how, all are facts, just as it'll continue to be somewhat disturbing for you that the allegory is taken as a historical document.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 3:24am On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:
Oh, I have, believe me, there used to be a golden age on this board, years and years ago. Take a peek into the past on this board and you will be surprised. Its just that there are so many closed minded people who will not even entertain a discussion of anything outside their worldview - and for this I appreciate your sort.
Ditto, as I doff my hat to you sir

DeepSight:
I fail to see what possible test may disprove the existence of a set basket of choices by which our alleged freedom is circumscribed. Or do you want to hand me the choice not to have been born?
You have every right to be born, because your rights, as a work of art, a work of creation, primarily, fundamentally and in the forefront are two, namely which are: right of existence and right to self preservation. The Creator gave A&E including us all, these two rights, now how we choose to use these two rights is entirely up to us

DeepSight:
Or the choice to have been born female rather than male. Or the choice to lack a libido. Or the choice to physically exist without consumption of living things. Or the choice to avoid disease and death. You cant my brother. There are a great many immutable and adamantine factors which circumscribe all our possible choices.
In the grand scheme of things, being born male or female is inconsequential and irrelevant because regardless of sex or sexuality, we all stand on the same footing in Christ.

As for lack of libido, so you like the koko, loll, and the rest that you listed after it, well that's all legacy of a fractured and fallen world we find ourselves currently living in, there are remedies for lack of libido though

I wasn't joking with you when and where I typed that, 'well if you insist that there is no genuine freedom, then why dont we test it out. Are you on? With you as the guinea pig, lets test if you have the gift of freewill or you dont have the gift of freewill. Let's test to see if, really, you are confined to an already determined program and find out, if all that you do is strictly within the said pre-defined program' but playing the escapism card is what you prefer because I didnt see you rising up to the occasion of accepting the challenge to be a guinea pig in testing out if you have freewill or dont have freewill

Life, as we currently have it, is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you, is determinism, now, the way you play it, is free will, loll. Are you game and ready to be our guinea pig for testing out freewill?

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 3:39am On Dec 21, 2021
Fiscus105:
Questioning unquestionable God?

Hope you know the meaning of unquestionable sha?

DeepSight:
Questioning the description of God offered by most religious thought.
What description of God specifically are you questioning?

DeepSight:
God ITSELF
ITSELF?

DeepSight:
... is, and always will be, utterly ineffable.
Is this a sincere comment you've made that can be attributed to say you said so?

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 4:09am On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:
Ineffable is a fancy word for nonsense. It’s ineffable because it is nonsense. It is ineffable because after rubbishing the extrapolation of a human being, with all its accompanying superlatives, that is god, you’re left with abstract nonsense.

Language works by creating mental pictures which are based on objects in reality or an abstraction of such objects.

I can tell you about an upside down tree that has rainbow colored leaves and golden sap. Even though no such thing exists in reality as we know it(it’s possible such a thing exists somewhere in the universe) you and another person can still create similar mental pictures of it.

God, soul, spirits, and other metaphysical jargon do not create mental pictures like that because they are nonsense. It’s either god is described as a powerful human or defined so abstractly that no mental image comes up.
Your interlocutor above states that “ If God is God then He is a singularity without origin and without end.” Apart from the opening tautology, the rest of the statement is meaningless assertions from a mind infested with the god idea and ignorant of science.

These people can never define the soul, can’t prove its function, and can’t tell you where its located but they are so sure of it. Same thing with their gods, spirits, and whatever fantastical creatures they’ve been taught to believe exists.

God is not ineffable. God is nonsense.

If there is a thing or things with the ability to do the actions attributed to Mr. God, that thing or those things are ineffable.
Without ranting and raving, but keeping it short and sweet, will tell you, that the soul resides inside the human body, and serves as a revolving door or gateway with access to the body with its links to your carnal desires and access to your spirit man, which potential to connect to the spirit realm.

The soul has four faculties, which namely are: consciousness, intellect, will and emotions.

The soul, is a 'holy grail', essentially, a thing which is eagerly pursued and vigorously sought after by the devil to either kill, steal or destroy. It equally also is eagerly pursued and vigorously sought after by the Creator to redeem, save, reconcile back to Himself and love.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 4:09am On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:
I told a Christian that if man is made in the image of god, then god is a supernatural ape. Of course he vehemently disagreed.
However, he didn’t explain why humans have similarities to other Apes (of course he can’t explain anything) So I maintain that this god is Super Chimp. He gets angry and throws shit everywhere like an ape.
Genesis 1:26
Then God said,
“Let Us (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) make man in Our image, according to Our likeness
[not physical, but a spiritual personality and moral likeness];
and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle,
and over the entire earth, and over everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.”

You revel in your humongous faux pas. Shame you didnt factor in that God is incorporeal

By the way, its not only Apes that human beings have similarities with, human beings share all sorts of other similarities with other animal species too.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 4:34am On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:
Genesis 1:26
Then God said,
“Let Us (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) make man in Our image, according to Our likeness
[not physical, but a spiritual personality and moral likeness];
and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle,
and over the entire earth, and over everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.”

You revel in your humongous faux pas. Shame you didnt factor in that God is incorporeal

By the way, its not only Apes that human beings have similarities with, human beings share all sorts of other similarities with other animal species too.

It’s incorporeal yet has an image. Do you even parse your words?
Man made god in his image. You can quote the Bible till your face turn blue, that doesn’t mean it’s claims are true.
All that “spiritual personality” is the meaningless nonsense i referred to earlier. If I gave you a million and one chances to clarify the “spiritual personality” and you’d give me a million and two explanations.
The only humongous faux pax afoot is the one describing a human like entity and claiming it created anything then criticizing those who aren’t convinced.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 4:37am On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:
Without ranting and raving, but keeping it short and sweet, will tell you, that the soul resides inside the human body, and serves as a revolving door or gateway with access to the body with its links to your carnal desires and access to your spirit man, which potential to connect to the spirit realm.

The soul has four faculties, which namely are: consciousness, intellect, will and emotions.

The soul, is a 'holy grail', essentially, a thing which is eagerly pursued and vigorously sought after by the devil to either kill, steal or destroy. It equally also is eagerly pursued and vigorously sought after by the Creator to redeem, save, reconcile back to Himself and love.

Absolute bullshit. I’ll address the modicum of sense in your nonsense to wit: The soul has four faculties, which namely are: consciousness, intellect, will and emotions.

Without a functioning brain there is no conciousness,intellect, will, or emotions. You might has well tell me the soul is responsible for respiration, blood flow, and bowel movements. Makes as much sense.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 4:43am On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:
Without ranting and raving, but keeping it short and sweet, will tell you, that the Bunkum resides inside the human body, and serves as a revolving door or gateway with access to the spleen with its links to your carnal desires and access to your juju man, which potential to connect to the juju realm.

The Bunkum has four faculties, which namely are: sub-consciousness, intuition, volition and prime directives.

The Bunkum, is a 'sacred vessel', essentially, a thing which is eagerly pursued and vigorously sought after by the FORCE to either kill, steal or destroy, and sometimes f#ck. It equally also is eagerly pursued and vigorously sought after by the Artificer to redeem, save, reconcile back to Themselves and wondrous emotions.

My edit above is the same as your post below. Utter nonsense.

NNTR:

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 8:40am On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:

What description of God specifically are you questioning?

That central and general one laid out mostly by Abrahamic faiths, which imagine a father figure to man, in whose image man is made, who is all powerful, all knowing, loving, merciful, who created all things, who is transcendent and yet who is jealous, temperamental, prone to rage, vindictive, tribalistic, destructive, a Viewer, exceedingly petty and somehow both just and radically unjust at the same time.

ITSELF?

I prefer this term to referring to God as he or she as those words tend to humanize God.

Is this a sincere comment you've made that can be attributed to say you said so?

Of course.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 8:45am On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:
My edit above is the same as your post below. Utter nonsense.

KnownUnknown:
Absolute bullshit. I’ll address the modicum of sense in your nonsense to wit:

Without a functioning brain there is no conciousness, intellect, will, or emotions. You might has well tell me the soul is responsible for respiration, blood flow, and bowel movements. Makes as much sense.
Human beings are trichotomous, meaning they have body, spirit and soul.

The life of the flesh aka body is in the blood, while the life of the soul is in the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God

When some is clinically dead, meaning has brain death, the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God leaves the body, as it returns back to its Owner, God, the Creator. The body returns back to being dust, while the soul leaves the body enroute to a departure lounge area, to wait for Judgment Day date and the soul's departure destination

KnownUnknown:
It’s incorporeal yet has an image
Yes, has abstract concepts such as love (i.e. unconditional love), unselfish concern for others, joy (i.e. feelings of great inner pleasure & happiness), peace, patience (i.e. not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting) kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

KnownUnknown:
Man made god in his image.
It is really interesting and true that ever since God committed Himself to create human beings in His image and in accordance to the likeness of the Godhead, human beings have had the courage to want to return the favour or just completely and entirely deny His existence, loll

KnownUnknown:
You can quote the Bible till your face turn blue, that doesn’t mean it’s claims are true.
loll

KnownUnknown:
All that “spiritual personality” is the meaningless nonsense i referred to earlier. If I gave you a million and one chances to clarify the “spiritual personality” and you’d give me a million and two explanations.
The only humongous faux pax afoot is the one describing a human like entity ...
Wow anthropomorphism

KnownUnknown:
... and claiming it created anything then criticizing those who aren’t convinced.
I am sure you have a convincing alternative narrative that explains how creation, including of course human beings and all came about

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 9:25am On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:
Ditto, as I doff my hat to you sir

You have every right to be born, because your rights, as a work of art, a work of creation, primarily, fundamentally and in the forefront are two, namely which are: right of existence and right to self preservation. The Creator gave A&E including us all, these two rights, now how we choose to use these two rights is entirely up to us

A right is one thing, even if questionable here, but a desire is another thing altogether. Who told you I wanted to be born?
As far as I am concerned, being born into this world is a grave calamity.

In the grand scheme of things, being born male or female is inconsequential and irrelevant because regardless of sex or sexuality, we all stand on the same footing in Christ.

I am not a fan of arguments like this about the "grand scheme of things" when used defensively in this way, because in the grand scheme of things, if one reflects on the universe or on eternity, then nothing happening on this infinitesimal grain of sand called the earth during this flash called our lives matters a jot.

Besides its really presumptuous in a discussion about freewill to so languidly toss aside the consequences of a person's sex.

As for lack of libido, so you like the koko, loll, and the rest that you listed after it, well that's all legacy of a fractured and fallen world we find ourselves currently living in, there are remedies for lack of libido though

Be serious.

I wasn't joking with you when and where I typed that, 'well if you insist that there is no genuine freedom, then why dont we test it out. Are you on? With you as the guinea pig, lets test if you have the gift of freewill or you dont have the gift of freewill. Let's test to see if, really, you are confined to an already determined program and find out, if all that you do is strictly within the said pre-defined program' but playing the escapism card is what you prefer because I didnt see you rising up to the occasion of accepting the challenge to be a guinea pig in testing out if you have freewill or dont have freewill

Feel free to proceed then, just dont be frustrated if the test you bring up necessarily fails and is shot down on some of the grounds I have already tried to hint you about.

Life, as we currently have it, is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you, is determinism, now, the way you play it, is free will, loll.

A common saying, and perhaps one that is to some extent heartwarming for many people. However I suspect you know as well as I do just how little control man has in much that transpires in life. You have been flinging bible verses at me as though its going out of fashion and without a thought as to whether I place any value on the Bible or not. So perhaps I should fling a few at you as well, which should rest the discussion from your own authority -

Exodus 33:19 - And the LORD said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Ephesians 1:4 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will . . .

Acts 13:48 - When the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified the word of the Lord, and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Deut 7:6-7 - For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth…

Romans 8:29 - For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Proverbs 16:4 - The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.

Rev 13:8 - . . . and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.

Jeremiah 1: 5- Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Romans 8:30 - And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

You see my friend, such verses in the bible abound - which unequivocally render clear the matter of predestination/ determinism as far as the ultimate consequence of our lives is concerned. The verses I have thrown up above are more than sufficient to end this matter of alleged freewill, and show that as I have said, there is nothing for the creator to judge but itself: Nonetheless, I am very familiar with the way religious apologists behave when confronted with the words of their own scripture which contradict that which they are advancing: they usually toss aside such scripture with a wave of the hand - the same scripture they try to use to bludgeon others over the head. I expect nothing less from you, you will toss aside these painfully clear verses as if they didnt even exist. Surprise me.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2021
On a side note, let me just drop here a few things that miss you. It misses you when you say that man is made in the image of God, that you thereby cede the argument. It misses you when you say that God is the owner of the spirit of man, that you thereby cede the argument. It misses you also, that with regard to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, that the Lord laments, "behold the man has become as one of us, knowing good and evil." What is the meaning of this lamentation and why was this God seeking to prevent the man from becoming "as one of us, knowing good and evil." In spite of allegedly being made in the image of God.

There is much more to the Eden allegory than your simplistic reading of it in my humble view.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:

Human beings are trichotomous, meaning they have body, spirit and soul.

The life of the flesh aka body is in the blood, while the life of the soul is in the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God

When some is clinically dead, meaning has brain death, the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God leaves the body, as it returns back to its Owner, God, the Creator. The body returns back to being dust, while the soul leaves the body enroute to a departure lounge area, to wait for Judgment Day date and the soul's departure destination

Yes, has abstract concepts such as love (i.e. unconditional love), unselfish concern for others, joy (i.e. feelings of great inner pleasure & happiness), peace, patience (i.e. not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting) kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

It is really interesting and true that ever since God committed Himself to create human beings in His image and in accordance to the likeness of the Godhead, human beings have had the courage to want to return the favour or just completely and entirely deny His existence, loll

loll

Wow anthropomorphism

I am sure you have a convincing alternative narrative that explains how creation, including of course human beings and all came about

Go back to discussing with DeepSight, who’s at least willing to indulge your delusions. I’m not having a conversation about meaningless words and I can’t pretend your words make sense.
Bring a cogent or demonstrable explanation of soul and spirit , I might entertain your claims.

You are still discussing Adam and Eve like they were real people. Jesus f#cling Christ!!!
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 11:01am On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:
A right is one thing, even if questionable here, but a desire is another thing altogether. Who told you I wanted to be born?
As far as I am concerned, being born into this world is a grave calamity.
No one is forced to continue enjoying their rights of existence and self-preservation. If you didnt want to be born, then armed with the choice to exercise your gift of freewill, at the edge of any nearest cliff, will solve that conundrum.

DeepSight:
I am not a fan of arguments
That makes two of us then who doesnt do arguments

DeepSight:
... like this about the "grand scheme of things" when used defensively in this way, because in the grand scheme of things, if one reflects on the universe or on eternity, then nothing happening on this infinitesimal grain of sand called the earth during this flash called our lives matters a jot.
If nothing matters, then why arent you a villain, why arent you a jerk, why arent you a rogue, why arent you a douche bag etc?

DeepSight:
Besides its really presumptuous in a discussion about freewill to so languidly toss aside the consequences of a person's sex.
Remember its you who always veers off course, to then cut back introducing on the side note arbitrary remarks

DeepSight:
Be serious.
I am not less serious

DeepSight:
Feel free to proceed then, just dont be frustrated if the test you bring up necessarily fails and is shot down on some of the grounds I have already tried to hint you about.
Tell me clearly when you are ready and I'll pronto set things up in motion so to get the ball rolling for it

DeepSight:
A common saying, and perhaps one that is to some extent heartwarming for many people. However I suspect you know as well as I do just how little control man has in much that transpires in life. You have been flinging bible verses at me as though its going out of fashion and without a thought as to whether I place any value on the Bible or not. So perhaps I should fling a few at you as well, which should rest the discussion from your own authority -

Exodus 33:19 - And the LORD said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Ephesians 1:4 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will . . .

Acts 13:48 - When the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified the word of the Lord, and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Deut 7:6-7 - For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth…

Romans 8:29 - For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Proverbs 16:4 - The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.

Rev 13:8 - . . . and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.

Jeremiah 1: 5- Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Romans 8:30 - And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

You see my friend, such verses in the bible abound - which unequivocally render clear the matter of predestination/ determinism as far as the ultimate consequence of our lives is concerned. The verses I have thrown up above are more than sufficient to end this matter of alleged freewill, and show that as I have said, there is nothing for the creator to judge but itself: Nonetheless, I am very familiar with the way religious apologists behave when confronted with the words of their own scripture which contradict that which they are advancing: they usually toss aside such scripture with a wave of the hand - the same scripture they try to use to bludgeon others over the head. I expect nothing less from you, you will toss aside these painfully clear verses as if they didnt even exist. Surprise me.
Mister man, my dear, easy to talk to, friend, notice that I present scripture to buttress a point made or point being made.

There is nothing in any of the above scriptures you shared that when contextually read, meaning when not read in isolation, doesnt makes sense.

The Creator, after all is Omniscient, so every one of your listed verses up there, are easily understood. They are comprehensible to me.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 11:01am On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:
On a side note, let me just drop here a few things that miss you. It misses you when you say that man is made in the image of God, that you thereby cede the argument.
I am not having an argument with you, plainly because the currency used for arguments is ignorance, which I have none of, to be trading you with.

DeepSight:
It misses you when you say that God is the owner of the spirit of man, that you thereby cede the argument.
Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life (i.e. ruach)
and man became a living soul.

It misses you that you arent clued on why the ruach dwells in the body and upon expiration, returns back to its Owner.

DeepSight:
It misses you also, that with regard to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, that the Lord laments, "behold the man has become as one of us, knowing good and evil." What is the meaning of this lamentation and why was this God seeking to prevent the man from becoming "as one of us, knowing good and evil."
It is just an ordinary statement of fact about the obvious and said for the record and benefit of posterity, unlike you embellishing what was said with your introduction of a foreign 'laments/lamentation' word

You missed in my previous post, where I hinted that A&E prematurely eat of the fruit from the TKGE

DeepSight:
In spite of allegedly being made in the image of God.
Genesis 1:26-27
26Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness,
to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock,
and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it.
27So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them"

Personally speaking, I like red, as the colour, portrays an image or idea that exudes an air of love, romance, boldness, courage, danger etc for me. We, human beings, were created to be physical representation of different abstract attributes of God. These I earlier shared, where I posted about God being incorporeal. We specifically are created, to physically project different aspect, different visual imagery and likeness of the Godhead.

Image is instant, while likeness is continuum. The latter, is evident in Genesis 1:27, as seen above. Notice that the mention of 'likeness' is left unsaid, in Genesis 1:27. Why? Its because its a continuum, loll.

DeepSight:
There is much more to the Eden allegory than your simplistic reading of it in my humble view.
Of course, there is more, there is more, if you go into the deep end, loll.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 11:03am On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:
Go back to discussing with DeepSight, who’s at least willing to indulge your delusions. I’m not having a conversation about meaningless words and I can’t pretend your words make sense.
Bring a cogent or demonstrable explanation of soul and spirit , I might entertain your claims.

You are still discussing Adam and Eve like they were real people. Jesus f#cling Christ!!!
loll. Be blessed, brother.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 11:04am On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:
loll. Be blessed, brother.

F#ck off. Lol. That duplicitous Christian goodwill is fooling no one.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 11:07am On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:
F#ck off. Lol. That duplicitous Christian goodwill is fooling no one.
loll. You are in good company. You're among friends brah and that was a honest and heartfelt wish. I bear you no grudge

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:
loll. You are in good company. You're among friends brah and that was a honest and heartfelt wish. I bear you no grudge

My f#ck off was honest and heartfelt too. I don’t think much of you.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 11:35am On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:
My f#ck off was honest and heartfelt too. I don’t think much of you.
I know it was, I felt it here too. loll. Anyway, I keep those who think much of me close, but keep closer, those who don’t think much of me

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:
No one is forced to continue enjoying their rights of existence and self-preservation. If you didnt want to be born, then armed with the choice to exercise your gift of freewill, at the edge of any nearest cliff, will solve that conundrum.

Not quite because being born and then choosing to exit your life probably on account of misery is not the same as not having been born at all.

If nothing matters, then why arent you a villain, why arent you a jerk, why arent you a rogue, why arent you a douche bag etc?

You dont know that I am not these things, and at all events there are many who are.

Tell me clearly when you are ready and I'll pronto set things up in motion so to get the ball rolling for it

Go ahead.

Mister man, my dear, easy to talk to, friend, notice that I present scripture to buttress a point made or point being made.

There is nothing in any of the above scriptures you shared that when contextually read, meaning when not read in isolation, doesnt makes sense.

The Creator, after all is Omniscient, so every one of your listed verses up there, are easily understood. They are comprehensible to me.

This is sad. You rather disingenuously deploy the excuse of omniscience whereas most of the verses alluded not just to foreknowledge - they included fore-action: specific acts of designation and appointment which disclose determinism.

In other words, those verses disclosed not just a God knowing the future but a God dictating future events and appointing people to future deeds.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:
Not quite because being born and then choosing to exit your life probably on account of misery is not the same as not having been born at all.
Not on account of misery but on account of put up with life or shut up, if you dont want to top up.
One moment ago, you were flirting with the idea that you didnt ask to be born. If thats so, why are you still lingering about, as if like a toxic smelly fart

DeepSight:
You dont know that I am not these things, and at all events there are many who are.
If hypothetically speaking you are, then just be you, be the best you, you possibly and uniquely can be

DeepSight:
Go ahead.
You havent the balls to go through. You love life too much. You enjoy chopping life and so you'll do everything with your gift of freewill, not to see the test through to the end. I'll spare you the my neighbour the humiliation

DeepSight:
This is sad. You rather disingenuously deploy the excuse of omniscience whereas most of the verses alluded not just to foreknowledge - they included fore-action: specific acts of designation and appointment which disclose determinism.
When Pharaoh refused to let the Israelites go, wasn't Pharaoh exercising his gift of freewill?
Why did angel Gabriel need to visit Mary to tell her she'll have a Son? Perhaps to obtain her consent to be a willing partner ?, loll.
The omniscience of God doesnt interfere with the choices we make from out of exercising our gift of freewill from

DeepSight:
In other words, those verse disclosed not just a God knowing the future but a God dictating future events and appointing people to future deeds.
Did God dictate to you what side of the bed to get out from this morning, lol, smh?
Did God specifically appoint you to log on to NL today?

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by efficiencie(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:

I told a Christian that if man is made in the image of god, then god is a supernatural ape. Of course he vehemently disagreed.
However, he didn’t explain why humans have similarities to other Apes (of course he can’t explain anything) So I maintain that this god is Super Chimp. He gets angry and throws shit everywhere like an ape.

Your conclusion about GOD being a supernatural ape is based on the assumption that since man has similar characteristics with Apes then GOD must be an Ape but your assumption has flaws. (1) You mention "Ape" like that is the description of a single specie and you claim GOD must be like such a specie. Presently there are about 20 species of apes (Source) so which of these species is the exact form of GOD. Remember you have to search for the earliest specie of apes in the evolutionary tree. Good luck with that search. (2) For your statement to make sense you have to also assume that man evolved from Apes (and hence Apes were created in the image of GOD). However there are questions you cannot answer concerning the evolution of man from apes. (a) Evolution still cannot conclusively tell us how matter transited from inorganic to organic. (b) Evolution could not explain the Cambrian explosion. (c) At what point in the evolutionary tree did the mind evolve? (that is even if we know what the "mind" is) (d) We are yet to discover the site of the mind-body interaction and we also don't know how mind-body interaction evolved. (e) Evolution does not explain the evidence of intelligent design observed in all of creation (the double helix structure of the DNA, the fine-tuning of the cosmos with the incredibly fine precision of physical constants, the comprehensibility of the cosmos and the incredibly impossible odds that the universe generated information by accident (origin of information accident).

These points all attack your tacit recourse to evolution as the basis of your argument! Quite frankly you have to be an undisputed champion among fools to believe that random undirected events happening over billions upon billions of years could account for the amazing levels of complex ordering we see today. Someone will tell me that the appearance of the Fibonacci sequence in flowers, plants, crustaceans etc is a sheer accident. Madness on an unimaginable level.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2021
efficiencie:

Your conclusion about DOg being a supernatural ape is based on the assumption that since man has similar characteristics with Apes then DOg must be an Ape but your assumption has flaws. (1) You mention "Ape" like that is the description of a single specie and you claim DOg must be like such a specie. Presently there are about 20 species of apes (Source) so which of these species is the exact form of DOg. Remember you have to search for the earliest specie of apes in the evolutionary tree. Good luck with that search. (2) For your statement to make sense you have to also assume that man evolved from Apes (and hence Apes were created in the image of DOg). However there are questions you cannot answer concerning the evolution of man from apes. (a) Evolution still cannot conclusively tell us how matter transited from inorganic to organic. (b) Evolution could not explain the Cambrian explosion. (c) At what point in the evolutionary tree did the mind evolve? (that is even if we know what the "mind" is) (d) We are yet to discover the site of the mind-body interaction and we also don't know how mind-body interaction evolved. (e) Evolution does not explain the evidence of intelligent design observed in all of creation (the double helix structure of the DNA, the fine-tuning of the cosmos with the incredibly fine precision of physical constants, the comprehensibility of the cosmos and the incredibly impossible odds that the universe generated information by accident (origin of information accident).

These points all attack your tacit recourse to evolution as the basis of your argument! Quite frankly you have to be an undisputed champion among fools to believe that random undirected events happening over billions upon billions of years could account for the amazing levels of complex ordering we see today. Someone will tell me that the appearance of the Fibonacci sequence in flowers, plants, crustaceans etc is a sheer accident. Madness on an unimaginable level.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by efficiencie(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
[quote author=KnownUnknown post=108692620][/quote]

As expected...they start as though they are intellectuals but when they encounter what seems to be a peer they resort puerile shenanigans. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
efficiencie:

As expected...they start as though they are intellectuals but when they encounter what seems to be a peer they resort puerile shenanigans. Lol.

Your post was so painfully stupid that there is no need for conversation. Most of you are either too uneducated or so bumptiously ignorant that only those with patience like Lordreed can be bothered with you. Your post was nonsense from beginning to end.

I mean you are so painfully dumb that you cite the cambrian explosion as evidence against evolution. I truly can’t deal with the level of stupidity displayed. Your questions are absolutely inane and you are too uneducated to even realize it. Why should I bother?!

Your are so moronic even your linked source detract from whatever asinine point you’re trying to make.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2021
NNTR:
Not on account of misery but on account of put up with life or shut up, if you dont want to top up.
One moment ago, you were flirting with the idea that you didnt ask to be born. If thats so, why are you still lingering about, as if like a toxic smelly fart

When did we degenerate to this?
Perhaps KnownUnknown knew something which was unknown to me!

You havent the balls to go through. You love life too much. You enjoy chopping life and so you'll do everything with your gift of freewill, not to see the test through to the end. I'll spare you the my neighbour the humiliation

You repeatedly ask to conduct a test, and when given the go ahead, you come up with this? Well, pfffft!

When Pharaoh refused to let the Israelites go, wasn't Pharaoh exercising his gift of freewill?

Interesting you mention Pharaoh. For I seem to recall that it is written that someone was repeatedly "hardening the heart" of Pharaoh. Who was that pray tell, if you can be sincere for once?

Why did angel Gabriel need to visit Mary to tell her she'll have a Son? Perhaps to obtain her consent to be a willing partner ?, loll.
The omniscience of God doesnt interfere with the choices we make from out of exercising our gift of freewill from

Did God dictate to you what side of the bed to get out from this morning, lol, smh?
Did God specifically appoint you to log on to NL today?

This come-back is a let down.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Your post was so painfully stupid that there is no need for conversation. Most of you are either too uneducated or so bumptiously ignorant that only those with patience like Lordreed can be bothered with you. Your post was nonsense from beginning to end.

I mean you are so painfully dumb that you cite the cambrian explosion as evidence against evolution. I truly can’t deal with the level of stupidity displayed. Your questions are absolutely inane and you are too uneducated to even realize it. Why should I bother?!

Your are so moronic even your linked source detract from whatever asinine point you’re trying to make.

Regardless how moronic you might consider his post, I am not sure that this ad-hominem soaked invective does anything to address anything, good sir. I for one, am tired of those who respond to any critique of the theory of evolution with the tired old lame line that the critique is too stupid to be worth a response. Even I, who believe in evolution, have serious questions about it, and honestly it is simply tiresome to have these sorts of haughty escapist responses when those questions are raised.

This is not to say that I have endorsed his particular line of questioning wholesale.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
DeepSight:

Regardless how moronic you might consider his post, I am not sure that this ad-hominem soaked invective does anything to address anything, good sir. I for one, am tired of those who respond to any critique of the theory of evolution with the tired old lame line that the critique is too stupid to be worth a response. Even I, who believe in evolution, have serious questions about it, and honestly it is simply tiresome to have these sorts of haughty escapist responses when those questions are raised.

This is not to say that I have endorsed his particular line of questioning wholesale.

I don’t care to address these people’s misunderstanding of evolution. I have no reason to dispute the theory or any other scientific theory that has been validated and put to practical use like evolution. If they or you want to understand it further,it is a google search away or you can take a college class. Opposition to evolution is usually borne out of incredulity stoked by religious or similar sentiments. If scientific knowledge in that part of the world was up to snuff, theory of evolution would have been used to eradicate malaria by now because countless people and resources would have been devoted to it. You wonder why Africa can’t produced vaccines?! But I digress.

My haughtiness is directly proportional to their sanctimonious ignorance.

That been said, evolution is also the state of the universe. Nothing is permanent but change as they say, so what is really far fetched about biological evolution and all it entails?

So when some people say the universe is fine tuned or ordered, their assumptions are not supported because everything is changing and to claim order/fine tuning is to imply a goal that they have no support for.

I’m not saying I am an expert in biological evolution, but there is no reason for me to argue against it. Now if I had a problem with it, I’d go study it and then try to disprove it.

The only reason the religious don’t argue against E=MC2 is because they don’t view it as a threat to their beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
What is judged ?

Man is a composite of God's breath and dust of the earth. When God takes his breath man experiences "death" his soul ceases to exist. The body is buried and becomes one with the earth. His spirit belongs to God and returns to God...

What majority of the comments here which are basically Christians with varying degree of diffencies fails to grasp is the fact that God created man like this or this way. What ever we have the capacity to accomplish or achieve has been inputed already whether it is evil or good(in our eyes) .
We are Gods having a human experience. When we die we go back being God. Waiting for another opportunity to have another go.

The egyptian book of the dead put it in a better perspective. "I am 1 seeing myself divided, I am 2, I am 4 I am 8.......
The purpose of death is to give meaning to life. Without death life will be meaningless. It is called the principles of duality.

God is the universal consciousness fully embodied not a Jewish man that was nailed to a cross. That is just the height of insult and mockery..

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:

I don’t care to address these people’s misunderstanding of evolution. I have no reason to dispute the theory or any other scientific theory that has been validated and put to practical use like evolution. If they or you want to understand it further,it is a google search away or you can take a college class. Opposition to evolution is usually borne out of incredulity stoked by religious or similar sentiments. If scientific knowledge in that part of the world was up to snuff, theory of evolution would have been used to eradicate malaria by now because countless people and resources would have been devoted to it. You wonder why Africa can’t produced vaccines?! But I digress.

My haughtiness is directly proportional to their sanctimonious ignorance.

That been said, evolution is also the state of the universe. Nothing is permanent but change as they say, so what is really far fetched about biological evolution and all it entails?

So when some people say the universe is fine tuned or ordered, their assumptions are not supported because everything is changing and to claim order/fine tuning is to imply a goal that they have no support for.

I’m not saying I am an expert in biological evolution, but there is no reason for me to argue against it. Now if I had a problem with it, I’d go study it and then try to disprove it.

The only reason the religious don’t argue against E=MC2 is because they don’t view it as a threat to their beliefs.

Fair enough, thank you.
Save to repeat that as I have said before - I accept evolution even if I question parts of the theory of evolution. And continuous questioning ought to be the stuff of science but these days you will find that questioning the theory of evolution is almost deemed a taboo. Let me extract a part of an old article I wrote -

"The Theory of Evolution is not something that I dismiss at a personal level, nevertheless, within the scientific academic community, I cannot help seeing the same phenomenon play itself out: Evolution is scientific orthodoxy in today’s world and any scientist who conducts any research, writes any paper or expresses any opinion contrary to the Theory of Evolution will quickly find himself or herself in a most perilous position with respect to his or her career. There have been professors who have seen their careers come to a crashing halt for this. This is very sad – especially because science, of all endeavors, ought to be the in the vanguard of truly free and open inquiry in all directions. However today, there is hardly any difference between the scientific community’s approach to divergent views on Evolution and the attitude of the Roman Inquisition to heresy."

I don't think one needs to take a college course on evolution to be able to raise reasonable questions about it.

Also, your response to me could just as well been served in response to him,, dont you think.

1 Like

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
sonmvayina:
What is judged ?

Man is a composite of God's breath and dust of the earth. When God takes his breath man experiences "death" his soul ceases to exist. The body is buried and becomes one with the earth. His spirit belongs to God and returns to God...

What majority of the comments here which are basically Christians with varying degree of diffencies fails to grasp is the fact that God created man like this or this way. What ever we have the capacity to accomplish or achieve has been inputed already whether it is evil or good(in our eyes) .
We are Gods having a human experience. When we die we go back being God. Waiting for another opportunity to have another go.

The egyptian book of the dead put it in a better perspective. "I am 1 seeing myself divided, I am 2, I am 4 I am 8.......
The purpose of death is to give meaning to life. Without death life will be meaningless. It is called the principles of duality.

God is the universal consciousness fully embodied not a Jewish man that was nailed to a cross. That is just the height of insult and mockery..

Beautiful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain / Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? / Why Did Abraham Not Pay Tithes On His Cattle, Silver And Gold! Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.