Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Can The Creator "Judge" The Created - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Creator "Judge" The Created (3590 Views)

The Existence Of The Creator Is Best Discussed Face To Face. / Adam, The Created Man / The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by tctrills: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
It depends on how you see it. The creator gave man all it takes to be like him but he also gave us free will. We are not factory-produced goods. We are children of God with the potential to be like him. So we would be judged and placed according to how well we used our potentials.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by KnownUnknown: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
DeepSight:

Looks like you only took a cursory glance at some of those questions.
Anyway, it doesn't matter.

I’ll give you my opinion on some of them.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 12:59am On Dec 25, 2021
DeepSight:
Not quite because being born and then choosing to exit your life probably on account of misery is not the same as not having been born at all.
Not on account of misery but on account of put up with life or shut up, if you dont want to top up.
One moment ago, you were flirting with the idea that you didnt ask to be born. If thats so, why are you still lingering about, as if like a toxic smelly fart

DeepSight:
You dont know that I am not these things, and at all events there are many who are.
If hypothetically speaking you are, then just be you, be the best you, you possibly and uniquely can be

DeepSight:
Go ahead.
You havent the balls to go through. You love life too much. You enjoy chopping life and so you'll do everything with your gift of freewill, not to see the test through to the end. I'll spare you the my neighbour the humiliation

DeepSight:
This is sad. You rather disingenuously deploy the excuse of omniscience whereas most of the verses alluded not just to foreknowledge - they included fore-action: specific acts of designation and appointment which disclose determinism.
When Pharaoh refused to let the Israelites go, wasn't Pharaoh exercising his gift of freewill?
Why did angel Gabriel need to visit Mary to tell her she'll have a Son? Perhaps to obtain her consent to be a willing partner ?, loll.
The omniscience of God doesnt interfere with the choices we make from out of exercising our gift of freewill from

DeepSight:
In other words, those verse disclosed not just a God knowing the future but a God dictating future events and appointing people to future deeds.
Did God dictate to you what side of the bed to get out from this morning, lol, smh?
Did God specifically appoint you to log on to NL today?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 2:38am On Dec 25, 2021
NNTR - You appear to have repeated a previous post (1:11pm; Dec 21) verbatim.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 4:37am On Dec 25, 2021
DeepSight:
NNTR - You appear to have repeated a previous post (1:11pm; Dec 21) verbatim.
How do you mean 'NNTR - You appear to have repeated a previous post (1:11pm; Dec 21) verbatim.' please sir?
Repeated a previous post verbatim from where? Where is the original post I repeated from?

If you can manage it. Put both posts side by side or on top of each other for me to see

Please pardon me for any posts that you and others like triplechoice, Dtruthseeker, sonmvayina etc have me mentioned in, that you havent got a response to back from yet. I lost all my prepped replies. This actually is the second time in 36 hours this has happened, but its one of those things, as I will try to recall from memory what I had earlier prepared and publish my replies soonest possible .

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 10:20am On Dec 25, 2021
NNTR:

If you can manage it. Put both posts side by side or on top of each other for me to see

Okay.

This one - (made this morning, at 12:59 am, on page 5 of this thread) -

NNTR:
Not on account of misery but on account of put up with life or shut up, if you dont want to top up.
One moment ago, you were flirting with the idea that you didnt ask to be born. If thats so, why are you still lingering about, as if like a toxic smelly fart

If hypothetically speaking you are, then just be you, be the best you, you possibly and uniquely can be

You havent the balls to go through. You love life too much. You enjoy chopping life and so you'll do everything with your gift of freewill, not to see the test through to the end. I'll spare you the my neighbour the humiliation

When Pharaoh refused to let the Israelites go, wasn't Pharaoh exercising his gift of freewill?
Why did angel Gabriel need to visit Mary to tell her she'll have a Son? Perhaps to obtain her consent to be a willing partner ?, loll.
The omniscience of God doesnt interfere with the choices we make from out of exercising our gift of freewill from

Did God dictate to you what side of the bed to get out from this morning, lol, smh?

And this one - (made at 1:11pm on Dec 21, on pg 3 of this thread -

NNTR:

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
NNTR:
Please pardon me for any posts that you and others like triplechoice, Dtruthseeker, sonmvayina etc have me mentioned in, that you havent got a response to back from yet. I lost all my prepped replies. This actually is the second time in 36 hours this has happened, but its one of those things, as I will try to recall from memory what I had earlier prepared and publish my replies soonest possible .

DeepSight:
Okay.

This one - (made this morning, at 12:59 am, on page 5 of this thread) -

And this one - (made at 1:11pm on Dec 21, on pg 3 of this thread -
That wasn't me publishing or who done that.

The 'made this morning, at 12:59 am', that's my laptop developing a mind of its own, after it made me twice lose my prepped posts.
I guess that AI taking over sooner that we're expecting wink

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 3:19am On Dec 26, 2021
DeepSight:
Feel free to worship the fella. Its certainly your right: neither is the worship of fellow man anything new under the sun.
Brother friend I am going to do a blitz kiss abridged replies to all four of youse, namely triplechoice, Dtruthseeker, sonmvayina and you of course. I have a deadline of several other things to do is why and also my browser is behaving out of character ever since after verbatim incident post.

We are and weren't designed to worship each other, meaning no one is expected to worship an ordinary man like ourselves. You are smart enough to correctly compute what that means.

Watch this, Two salesperson travelled to India for a vacation break, just before their holiday, there was a plan in the pipeline to make a order of slippers for a launch in India. Upon arriving in India, they lodged in a hotel and the following days went out sight seeing, but guess what. One guy called the office at home, saying, please cancel all that slippers order, as no one wears slippers in India, but the other guy, when he called the office, conversely said, please make the order ten fold if not more, because we will make a killing, as slippers are in great demand here. The moral of that story, one word, is perspective. The point being made here is, depending on where you're standing, depending what you're standing on, and depending on what you're focusing on determines what you'll see

DeepSight:
Wasnt pulling any card my friend. Was simply referring you to that which one has previously discussed on the matter, given that you have tended to suggest one is lazy in these matters previously - and I sought to help you understand that one wasnt being flippant.
There wasn't a need for you to pull a stunt like. Why couldn't you rely merely on the merit, goodness and strength of your ongoing and current thread?

Remember that, it was when you, typed 'Easier to just straightforward explain than being cryptic, that only wastes time.' that I responded with 'Child birthing wastes time. Coal, pearl, gold, diamond, petroleum harvesting etc wastes time. The point there, is, pearls don't lie on the seashore. If you want one, you must be prepared and ready to dive for it, loll.' My comment was making a point that nothing comes instant not straightforward, and so aiming to make you not take my dispatched comments in terms of they waste time

DeepSight:
It's a pleasure to learn that you have been around.
We migrated here from the first but now defunct, Naiyja hangout

DeepSight:
Nonetheless I doubt there is anything further we may convince one another of,

DeepSight:
and save a few unnecessary unpleasant barbs,
If you walk across the lines of a shooting range, expect to be shot at. Looks like you havent a thick skin, on top not having a funny bone.
a few unnecessary unpleasant barbs? Can you give an example? Dont!, because oh come on, what's wrong with a little lighthearted sense of humour?

DeepSight:
its been a pleasure.
Though I foresaw you'll burn out, loll, I still wanted to give you a benefit of doubt, the reason why I typed 'Really appreciate that you're keen on going the long haul on this bud' but just as I thought, you didnt last long, you fizzled out.

Did matter anyway, as there hasn't been an improvement to your performance on that old thread. In fact if not worse, it was stagnant and still an abysmal performance on this thread. Just like on that thread you tried resurrecting, you many times on this thread deviated as well, with you shifting focus and trying to concentrate on whats hocus-pocus

The pleasure was entirely mine, seeing the cheek of someone with nerve, gall and audacity swing their two floor hanging big balls to not only take a swipe at the Creator but also attempt to find fault, loll with him.

What your justification for doing that? Are you omni know all? Are you in privy with all the facts? You know all the behind the scene? Show me your portfolio. Let me see a living thing, you've created from scratch using raw material, loll.

Suffice to say, I thank God, that God, is Godly and not unGodly

triplechoice:
The above is confusion
Sorry if it isnt clear in your mind, after today, then one day, everything will make perfect sense to you because life's a circle, it goes round and round and things goes round with it.

triplechoice:
Man, according to you, became a living soul after the breath of life entered the body at the beginning.

So, from your explanation what we get is that it is the combination of the breath of life and the body made from dust which resulted in the soul.

Then, you further explained that at death, the breath of life returns back to God while the body to dust where it came from.

But like a magician performing a magic trick, you surprisingly brougt out of the thin air a soul,
Genesis 2:7
'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.'

then the Lord God formed [that is, created the body of] man from the dust of the ground,
and the man became a living being [an individual complete in body and spirit].

When growing up, who was your favourite comic book character?
When growing up, who was your favourite cartoon character?

When Adam was fashioned by God, he was just like a comic book character (i.e. inanimate) meaning, he had no sign of life and so, not moving, but the moment God breathed into his nose, he became a cartoon character (i.e. animated) meaning, he got infused with life force, that made come alive and so able to move.

You see, triplechoice, what you really are is, you are a soul. You dont have a soul, but you are a soul and vice versa. You're called a spirit being housed in a human being body because technically speaking you're incorporeal. Remember corporeal there, is speaking in terms of, you're a soul.

The moment the breath of life aka ruach that God infused into Adam hit his heart, it jumped started him (i.e. the soul) to start a heartbeat, which essentially is how Adam, synonymous with soul in this context turned or became a living soul.

There isnt anything like a 'magician performing a magic trick, who surprisingly brougt out of the thin air a soul' because Adam is soul and soul is Adam

triplechoice:
which should no longer exist at this point, (at death) now leaving the body to exist somewhere until judgment. Where did that came from?
Hebrews 9:27
And just as it is appointed and destined for all men to die once
and after this [comes certain] judgment,

There's no two ways about it. Dying, at least once, is unavoidable, then at the appointed time, we each will stand to give account of all our thoughts, deeds, actions and words

I've explained immediately above where the soul came from

triplechoice:
How can it be possible for the soul to continue to exist, if the two components which makes it up at the begining have been removed or dissolved after death?

Remember you said the blood is what keeps the body alive while the spirit is what sustains the soul.

So how can the soul continue to exist after the breath has been taken away by God and the body back to dust?
2 Corinthians 5:10
For we [believers will be called to account and] must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ,
so that each one may be repaid for what has been done in the body, whether good or bad
[that is, each will be held responsible for his actions, purposes, goals, motives
the use or misuse of his time, opportunities and abilities].

It is the soul, who and which is, what you are, that is expected to see stand to face judgment

Souls, housed in a human body, need the breath God in order to exist in this physical realm and live in the land of living short part other side of eternity, but as for the land of dead, souls in there, do not require the breath of God for existence and implies that the soul in this setting, is able to continue to exist after the breath of life, has expired and returned back to God and the body back to dust

Dtruthspeaker:
As seen, every case is independent from each other and therefore, THEY ARE JUDGED ON THEIR OWN INDEPENDENT MERITS.

Thus, the case of the woman who was charged with ONLY ONE CRIME OF ADULTERY, which was brought to The Lord for Judgement, is in no reasonable way comparable or similar to the Charges WHICH GOD HIMSELF (and not men) LEVELED AGAINST EVE.

Therefore, for me to see The Truth of the Case, it was needful to uncover the offences which she perpetrated by her acts in the transaction thereof.
Matthew 15:28 — Then Jesus replied to her, “Woman, your faith is great. Let it be done for you as you want.” And from that moment her daughter was healed.

Luke 13:12 — When Jesus saw her, he called out to her, “Woman, you are free of your disability.”

John 2:4 — “What does that have to do with you and me, woman?” Jesus asked. “My hour has not yet come.”

John 4:21 Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

John 8:10-11 — When Jesus stood up, he said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” “No one, Lord,” she answered. “Neither do I condemn you,” said Jesus. “Go, and from now on do not sin anymore.”

John 19:26 — When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple he loved standing there, he said to his mother, “Woman, here is your son.”

John 20:15 — “Woman,” Jesus said to her, “why are you crying? Who is it that you’re seeking?”

Each time you hear Jesus say Woman, take it that He is alluding to Eve based on the premise that, the woman, is the archetype of Eve. Now with that in your mind, note that, 2000 years ago, Jesus with John 8:10-11, had absolved Eve, so the reason for saying, your time taken up to draft the woman's and Eve's charges were unneeded.

Re-read the memo properly to see how Jesus dismissed the charges filed against the woman and declared her acquitted, essentially gave her a verdict of, not guilty (i.e. 'I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more)'

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepsightX: 8:48am On Dec 26, 2021
NNTR:

Though I foresaw you'll burn out, loll, I still wanted to give you a benefit of doubt, the reason why I typed 'Really appreciate that you're keen on going the long haul on this bud' but just as I thought, you didnt last long, you fizzled out.

One should not continue flogging a dead horse when one has already made the central points one wishes to make repeatedly. If one's co-discussant either does not see those points or does not agree with them, there is a place to quite decently leave things be.

The pleasure was entirely mine, seeing the cheek of someone with nerve, gall and audacity swing their two floor hanging big balls to not only take a swipe at the Creator but also attempt to find fault, loll with him.

What your justification for doing that? Are you omni know all? Are you in privy with all the facts? You know all the behind the scene? Show me your portfolio. Let me see a living thing, you've created from scratch using raw material, loll.

I believe I clarified that what I critique here is the idea of God held by people, and not God ITSELF.
God ITSELF, as I have said before, is ineffable.

PS: This is DeepSight. The spambot got me.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2021
DeepsightX:
One should not continue flogging a dead horse when one has already made the central points one wishes to make repeatedly. If one's co-discussant either does not see those points or does not agree with them, there is a place to quite decently leave things be.
You gained my blessing to keep going on philosophising, but c'mon now, a man does not call a line crooked, unless he has some idea of a straight line. You were busily embroiled, in trying very hard, to twist things, to suit your preconceived and crooked ideas.

Now, its that your ignorance of the straight line, that maybe, preferable to that dangerous thing, your little knowledge of the straight, is what made it, come very so easy for me to understand you, sympathise with your predicament and so have empathy for you. loll

Instead of flogging a dead horse with sticks, my approach, my differing style, simply is, by putting down a straight stick(s) and lay it or them alongside every crooked sticks, you pull out and have laid down on the ground, loll. That all I have to do explain how crooked your stick is. Lay a straight one down by the side of it, and the work is well done, loll.

DeepsightX:
I believe I clarified that what I critique here is the idea of God held by people, and not God ITSELF.
How do you mean 'God held by people, and not God ITSELF'?
Clarify please in toto what 'God held by people, and not God ITSELF' means.

DeepsightX:
I am ecstatic at reading you admitting, accepting, agreeing and confessing that God is ineffable but though its a given incontrovertible truth and word up comment, I hesitate to get excited by the comment not before you tell why and how you know that God is ineffable. I dont want to get all wound up exhilarated if you dont explain why and how you know that God is ineffable

DeepsightX:
Sorry to hear, though I already know DeepsightX is you and vice versa

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
DeepsightX:

I have sent an email to you.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepsightX: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2021
NNTR:

How do you mean 'God held by people, and not God ITSELF'?
Clarify please in toto what 'God held by people, and not God ITSELF' means.

God as pictured mostly within established religion - mostly of the Abrahamic hue - versus God as IT really is.

I am ecstatic at reading you admitting, accepting, agreeing and confessing that God is ineffable but though its a given incontrovertible truth and word up comment, I hesitate to get excited by the comment not before you tell why and how you know that God is ineffable. I dont want to get all wound up exhilarated if you dont explain why and how you know that God is ineffable

Simply on account that it is obvious to any humble observer and quiet seeker of truth, that there is much that is way above our pay-grade: the physical universe alone is a mystery to us: its commencement and existence are virtual imponderables - what then of that which is said to be the source of all existence. I take the view that that is something so transcendent of our reality, that it must be utterly unknowable: and thus ineffable.

And surely, save your slavish desire to locate IT in a Jewish man, you ought to agree.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by triplechoice(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2021
NNTR:

Man after creation was unanimated but the moment God breathed into his nostrils, he jumped into life (i.e. became a living soul)

Remember I earlier shared that human beings are trichotomous, meaning they have body, spirit and soul. Well, the life of the flesh aka body is in the blood, while the life of the soul is in the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God.

When some is clinically dead, as a result of brain death, the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God, leaves the body, as it returns back, to its Owner, God, the Creator. The body returns back to being dust, while the soul leaves the body enroute to a departure lounge area, to wait for Judgment Day date and the soul's departure destination

The above was what I responded to initially.

No where did you mention that the soul was existing some where else before it was enlivened by the breath of live.

Which means that the soul only started to exist here on earth after it received the breath of live.

NNTR:
Sorry if it isnt clear in your mind, after today, then one day, everything will make perfect sense to you because life's a circle, it goes round and round and things goes round with it.

Now what is it that is not clear?

'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and man became a living soul.'

Again

then the Lord God formed [that is, created the body of] man from the dust of the ground,
and the man became a living being [an individual complete in body and spirit].

Do you think you understand what you typed in the above?

When growing up, who was your favourite comic book character?
When growing up, who was your favourite cartoon character?

When Adam was fashioned by God, he was just like a comic book character (i.e. inanimate) meaning, he had no sign of life and so, not moving, but the moment God breathed into his nose, he became a cartoon character (i.e. animated) meaning, he got infused with life force, that made come alive and so able to move.
If the cartoon character (Adam) became (a living soul) animated after it received the breath of live, what then kept him animated after the breath was withdrawn?

You see, triplechoice, what you really are is, you are a soul. You dont have a soul, but you are a soul and vice versa.
Ok.I am soul and exist because I am animated by the spirit of God. So why should I continue to exist or function in any way after the breath has been withdrawn?

You're called a spirit being housed in a human being body because technically speaking you're incorporeal. Remember corporeal there, is speaking in terms of, you're a soul.
How does the above relates with your cartoon analogy.So cartoon characters have spirits or soul that is housed inside them. I think one thing is clear. You don't understand what you're talking about. You are engaged in double speak. One minute, the body is soul another minute, the body housed the soul that can leave it after death. Do cartoon characters function that way?

The moment the breath of life aka ruach that God infused into Adam hit his heart, it jumped started him (i.e. the soul) to start a heartbeat, which essentially is how Adam, synonymous with soul in this context turned or became a living soul.
If the above was what happened at the beginning, then it is nonsense to still talk of a soul existing( animated) after the breath has been withdrawn.

There isnt anything like a 'magician performing a magic trick, who surprisingly brougt out of the thin air a soul' because Adam is soul and soul is Adam
The magic is you making Adam (men) to still exist after the essential thing which made him soul had been withdrawn.

Hebrews 9:27
And just as it is appointed and destined for all men to die once
and after this [comes certain] judgment,
How can men receive judgment after death if they can no longer function after the breath has been taking away? Either your Bible is not correct or you don't understand it.

There's no two ways about it. Dying, at least once, is unavoidable, then at the appointed time, we each will stand to give account of all our thoughts, deeds, actions and words
. Death from your explanation means the absence of the breath of live. So what would now make it possible to still be alive to stand judgement? The Bible never said man can continue to exist in another realm without the breath of live. If there's any such passage where it is stated that man can survive without the breath of live, quote it .

I've explained immediately above where the soul came from
No you didn't. The soul according to you didn't come from anywhere but started to exist when the breath of live entered the body created from dust.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we [believers will be called to account and] must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ,
so that each one may be repaid for what has been done in the body, whether good or bad
[that is, each will be held responsible for his actions, purposes, goals, motives
the use or misuse of his time, opportunities and abilities].
Considering all the explanations you have given before now about the soul, you should be concern with this obvious contradiction in your Bible. What is contained in the above cannot happen if what you have said about the soul is true.

It is the soul, who and which is, what you are, that is expected to see stand to face judgment
How can the soul face judgement when there's nothing to keep it alive. The breath of live is what made the soul to exist in the first place.

Souls, housed in a human body, need the breath God in order to exist in this physical realm and live in the land of living short part other side of eternity, but as for the land of dead, souls in there, do not require the breath of God for existence and implies that the soul in this setting, is able to continue to exist after the breath of life, has expired and returned back to God and the body back to dust
The above is your own imagination. The Bible never gave any such explanation. And it is another evidence of your double speak. Here , you are now saying that soul is housed in a human body whereas at the beginning you never made such distinction. Adam was a living soul when it had the breath of live. You never said that Adam (soul) was housed in a body. Or you don't know what it means to be housed?

What you know about the soul is founded on the theology of your religion. It is the reason you struggle to explain it for anyone else to understand. If you want to know what the soul is ,you need to look outside your religious text.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
DeepsightX:
God as pictured mostly within established religion - mostly of the Abrahamic hue - versus God as IT really is.
Please you need to add ample meat on this for me to gnaw on, not any of this skeleton or scaffolding stuff

DeepsightX:
Simply on account that it is obvious to any humble observer and quiet seeker of truth, that there is much that is way above our pay-grade: the physical universe alone is a mystery to us: its commencement and existence are virtual imponderables - what then of that which is said to be the source of all existence. I take the view that that is something so transcendent of our reality, that it must be utterly unknowable: and thus ineffable.
Wow, I love it. I love this DeepSight.

This a poignant fresh breath of air, if I am being honest, I havent come across any poster, succinctly put forward this incontrovertible Biblical fact, absolute truth and reality, but if you know all this about how completely an enigma God is, then what on earth for, are you creating and opening a thread titled 'Can The Creator "Judge" The Created'?

DeepsightX:
And surely, save your slavish desire to locate IT in a Jewish man, you ought to agree.
Genesis 16:13
Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her.
She said, “You are the God who sees me.”
She also said, “Have I truly seen the One who sees me?”

Yes, I agree and even see what you did here. Your wry humour brought a smile to my face.

Yeah, the average or typical Jewish man is so distant to God, loll.
You know about the Hashem substitute, right?

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2021
NNTR:
Human beings are trichotomous, meaning they have body, spirit and soul.

The life of the flesh aka body is in the blood, while the life of the soul is in the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God

When some is clinically dead, meaning has brain death, the spirit aka ruach aka breath of God leaves the body, as it returns back to its Owner, God, the Creator. The body returns back to being dust, while the soul leaves the body enroute to a departure lounge area, to wait for Judgment Day date and the soul's departure destination

Yes, has abstract concepts such as love (i.e. unconditional love), unselfish concern for others, joy (i.e. feelings of great inner pleasure & happiness), peace, patience (i.e. not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting) kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

It is really interesting and true that ever since God committed Himself to create human beings in His image and in accordance to the likeness of the Godhead, human beings have had the courage to want to return the favour or just completely and entirely deny His existence, loll

loll

Wow anthropomorphism

I am sure you have a convincing alternative narrative that explains how creation, including of course human beings and all came about

NNTR:
Without ranting and raving, but keeping it short and sweet, will tell you, that the soul resides inside the human body, and serves as a revolving door or gateway with access to the body with its links to your carnal desires and access to your spirit man, which potential to connect to the spirit realm.

The soul has four faculties, which namely are: consciousness, intellect, will and emotions.

The soul, is a 'holy grail', essentially, a thing which is eagerly pursued and vigorously sought after by the devil to either kill, steal or destroy. It equally also is eagerly pursued and vigorously sought after by the Creator to redeem, save, reconcile back to Himself and love.

triplechoice:
The above was what I responded to initially.
You might have responded to that initially, but you equally, missed all what I had earlier typed since the incept of the thread, as you only jumped at page 4

triplechoice:
No where did you mention that the soul was existing some where else before it was enlivened by the breath of live.
loll. The Bible says, Adam became a living soul, after God breathed into the nose of Adam, implying that without the breath, Adam already was a soul albeit was a non living soul. Smh.

triplechoice:
Which means that the soul only started to exist here on earth after it received the breath of live.
No what you typed is incorrect because what it means is that the soul already existed here on earth when God fashioned Adam, be that as it may, the soul became alive after it received the breath of life.

triplechoice:
Now what is it that is not clear?
That was your problem. It was you, who said, you didnt understand now, loll, so I tried to calm you down with those soothing and encouraging words

triplechoice:
Again
E choke you, loll

triplechoice:
Do you think you understand what you typed in the above?
If the cartoon character (Adam) became (a living soul) animated after it received the breath of live, what then kept him animated after the breath was withdrawn?
This is too much for you to grasp.

Review what I typed and try hard to see how you keep overlooking the comic book character used to illustrate Adam before he became a cartoon reel character

triplechoice:
Ok. I am soul and exist because I am animated by the spirit of God. So why should I continue to exist or function in any way after the breath has been withdrawn?
Go back to re-read my contribution, where I already forwarded that, you continue to exist in order to appear before God, to explain your sojourn on earth, for Him to weigh everything you've said, thought and done, to then after, judge you and pass sentence that will say where you finally will end up at

triplechoice:
How does the above relates with your cartoon analogy. So cartoon characters have spirits or soul that is housed inside them. I think one thing is clear. You don't understand what you're talking about. You are engaged in double speak. One minute, the body is soul another minute, the body housed the soul that can leave it after death. Do cartoon characters function that way?
If the above was what happened at the beginning, then it is nonsense to still talk of a soul existing (animated) after the breath has been withdrawn.
In your rashness to dismiss, you foolishly ignore that I illustrated with two characters, namely one on a comic book and the other in a cartoon reel. Comic book characters dont move, as meaning, are not in motion, as cartoon reel characters move.

triplechoice:
The magic is you making Adam (men) to still exist after the essential thing which made him soul had been withdrawn.
How can men receive judgment after death if they can no longer function after the breath has been taking away? Either your Bible is not correct or you don't understand it.
Thank you for vote of confidence

triplechoice:
Death from your explanation means the absence of the breath of live. So what would now make it possible to still be alive to stand judgement? The Bible never said man can continue to exist in another realm without the breath of live. If there's any such passage where it is stated that man can survive without the breath of live, quote it.
I guess you'll just have to wallow in ignorance, as I am not going to rise and bite at your bait

triplechoice:
No you didn't. The soul according to you didn't come from anywhere but started to exist when the breath of live entered the body created from dust.
Are you deliberately being obtuse here. Hmm?

triplechoice:
Considering all the explanations you have given before now about the soul, you should be concern with this obvious contradiction in your Bible. What is contained in the above cannot happen if what you have said about the soul is true.
How can the soul face judgement when there's nothing to keep it alive. The breath of live is what made the soul to exist in the first place.
Souls exists in the land of the living and in realm of the dead. The consciousness of the soul are not transferable in the two realms, meaning, once the soul crosses over from the land of the living into the realm of the dead, it is only conscious of where it presently or currently is

The breath of life, aka ruach is what made the soul to exist in the first place on earth or the land of the living, but at the end of life, the breath of life, aka ruach is not required for the soul to exist in its next temporary abode in the realm of the dead

triplechoice:
The above is your own imagination. The Bible never gave any such explanation. And it is another evidence of your double speak. Here , you are now saying that soul is housed in a human body whereas at the beginning you never made such distinction. Adam was a living soul when it had the breath of live. You never said that Adam (soul) was housed in a body. Or you don't know what it means to be housed?
Aside your selective reading and weak assimilation, its because all you've been doing is pandering to your ego is reason behind why you have not noticed me harping that Adam is a soul and vice versa, housed in a human being tabernacle aka body.

triplechoice:
What you know about the soul is founded on the theology of your religion. It is the reason you struggle to explain it for anyone else to understand. If you want to know what the soul is, you need to look outside your religious text
Matthew 7:6
Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy.
Don’t throw your pearls to pigs!
They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

It really is so true the instructive in Matthew 7:6 above, loll. I can only tell you the truth. I cant make you believe it.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by triplechoice(m): 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2021
NNTR:

You might have responded to that initially, but you equally, missed all what I had earlier typed since the incept of the thread, as you only jumped at page 4

loll. The Bible says, Adam became a living soul, after God breathed into the nose of Adam, implying that without the breath, Adam already was a soul albeit was a non living soul. Smh.

No what you typed is incorrect because what it means is that the soul already existed here on earth when God fashioned Adam, be that as it may, the soul became alive after it received the breath of life.

That was your problem. It was you, who said, you didnt understand now, loll, so I tried to calm you down with those soothing and encouraging words

E choke you, loll

This is too much for you to grasp.

Review what I typed and try hard to see how you keep overlooking the comic book character used to illustrate Adam before he became a cartoon reel character

Go back to re-read my contribution, where I already forwarded that, you continue to exist in order to appear before God, to explain your sojourn on earth, for Him to weigh everything you've said, thought and done, to then after, judge you and pass sentence that will say where you finally will end up at

In your rashness to dismiss, you foolishly ignore that I illustrated with two characters, namely one on a comic book and the other in a cartoon reel. Comic book characters dont move, as meaning, are not in motion, as cartoon reel characters move.

Thank you for vote of confidence

I guess you'll just have to wallow in ignorance, as I am not going to rise and bite at your bait

Are you deliberately being obtuse here. Hmm?

Souls exists in the land of the living and in realm of the dead. The consciousness of the soul are not transferable in the two realms, meaning, once the soul crosses over from the land of the living into the realm of the dead, it is only conscious of where it presently or currently is

The breath of life, aka ruach is what made the soul to exist in the first place on earth or the land of the living, but at the end of life, the breath of life, aka ruach is not required for the soul to exist in its next temporary abode in the realm of the dead

Aside your selective reading and weak assimilation, its because all you've been doing is pandering to your ego is reason behind why you have not noticed me harping that Adam is a soul and vice versa, housed in a human being tabernacle aka body.

Matthew 7:6
Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy.
Don’t throw your pearls to pigs!
They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

It really is so true the instructive in Matthew 7:6 above, loll. I can only tell you the truth. I cant make you believe it.

You're just clowning.
Good for you if you think you have made sense.

Soul ,according to you is the body and not the body at the same time.

Complete nonsense
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
triplechoice:
You're just clowning.
Good for you if you think you have made sense.
Life is a circle. It goes round and round
Mine's not a circus and I am not your clown
Some people with us Some wear their frown
Still I know my purpose. Is to share what we've found
Some people insist. To wear others down
But all will bare witness. Unto who wears the crown. Jr. Gong. loll.

triplechoice:
Soul, according to you is the body and not the body at the same time.
Our bodies, are the cars, taking our souls, on this life journey here on earth. I dont need to tell what the gasoline is, loll. Heaven gifted you a soul, Earth will gift you a grave.

triplechoice:
Complete nonsense
1 Thessalonians 5:23
May the God who gives peace make you holy in every way.
May He keep your whole being - spirit, soul, and body
blameless when our Lord Jesus Christ comes.

Your greatest enemy is you, your soul, inside your own bosom. You're doing yourself and not me, inflicting wounds on the soul.

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by DeepSight(m): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
NNTR:
Please you need to add ample meat on this for me to gnaw on, not any of this skeleton or scaffolding stuff

I trust you are familiar with the Abrahamic ideas of God which are predominant across the Judeo-Christian and Islamic worlds, and which tend to be the dominant idea of God expressed in the world today. That is the view of God I am addressing - and contesting. That paternalistic, virtually human, allegedly loving, just and merciful, perfect, yet vengeful, genocidal, sadistic, voyeuristic, racist, tribalistic and petty "God" who is simultaneously said to be omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. This generally spoken of concept of "God" I challenge.

The view of God taken by oriental religions - the East of the world in general - India and the Far East - is generally more spiritual and philosophical and I have little or no issues with it.

This a poignant fresh breath of air, if I am being honest, I havent come across any poster, succinctly put forward this incontrovertible Biblical fact, absolute truth and reality, but if you know all this about how completely an enigma God is, then what on earth for, are you creating and opening a thread titled 'Can The Creator "Judge" The Created'?

How many times do I need to repeat that I am contesting a specific view of God.

You know about the Hashem substitute, right?

What about it?
A pointer to transcendent holiness and ineffability as perceived by Jews?
Or what?
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 1:59am On Dec 28, 2021
DeepSight:
I trust you are familiar with the Abrahamic ideas of God which are predominant across the Judeo-Christian and Islamic worlds, and which tend to be the dominant idea of God expressed in the world today. That is the view of God I am addressing - and contesting. That paternalistic, virtually human, allegedly loving, just and merciful, perfect, yet vengeful, genocidal, sadistic, voyeuristic, racist, tribalistic and petty "God" who is simultaneously said to be omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. This generally spoken of concept of "God" I challenge.

The view of God taken by oriental religions - the East of the world in general - India and the Far East - is generally more spiritual and philosophical and I have little or no issues with it.
Dont you think there's a contradiction here, bearing in mind, you conceding, that God is ineffable.

Let me back pedal a bit and examine lightly your few 'God descriptions' list above. What is your view of your parents, now, compared to when you were growing up? Do you challenge your view of your parents, now, based on your early life past antecedents?

Another thing to consider, are you in possession of all the facts of life, all the possible permutations, have you all the facts and figures enough to have the gall to put God in the dock and start judging Him.

I am not judging you in a bad light. I am just intrigued. I am just wondering to what end, is your putting God on trial for

DeepSight:
How many times do I need to repeat that I am contesting a specific view of God.
Easy, dont bite my head off

DeepSight:
What about it?
A pointer to transcendent holiness and ineffability as perceived by Jews?
Or what?
Yeah, but not only a pointer to transcendent holiness and ineffability as perceived by Jews, but though God's real name, meaning personal name, is unknown, the Jews in order to not mistakenly breach Exodus 20:7 and/or Deuteronomy 5:11 employed the safety net ploy of using substitutions, talking of placeholders here, like Hashem, Adonai etc in place of what they perceive to be God's personal or real name.

They put it upon themselves not to utter God's personal or real name, while the irony of that, is, no one even knows what God's personal or real name is.

It was your use of the word ineffable that like a magnet pulled me to you, because you know why, that ineffable word you used, carried exactly what God's response was when He was asked to tell what His real or personal name is. His essential reply, literally was, mind your own business, why do you want to know My name, when My personal or real name is ineffable. Kind of like, saying, its explosive, it will blow your mind, brains away, your head off etc

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by greencard: 6:26am On Dec 28, 2021
DeepSight:

With this I think we can comfortably end any pretense to freewill as allegedly bequeathed by God to man.
iphone only answers to steve jobs
Facebook only answers to mark and Twitter only answers to jack
Does that make sense to you?
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by greencard: 6:32am On Dec 28, 2021
DeepSight:

With this I think we can comfortably end any pretense to freewill as allegedly bequeathed by God to man.
iphone only answers to steve jobs
Facebook only answers to mark and Twitter only answers to jack
Does that make sense to you?

Even the govt gave us free will , till we break the law and charge to court (to test the law) and if found guilty sentence by the law .

There is always a law to everything, whether spelt out or not , one will learn the right or the hard way whichever way one choses.

If you are a teacher or a father'..I bet you won't blame the "GOD" complex by any context. You would have understood better without further doubts
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by triplechoice(m): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2021
This person below made a comment concerning the soul.

KNOWMORE56:
When the Bible says man is a living soul... soul is not = flesh...( a lot of explanations but let's go gradually)

Your response to the above was this;

NNTR:
Awesome

The above is evidence of confused thinking. You already argued before now, that the body =soul and soul = body. But suddenly you have changed your position to accept that the body(flesh) is not the soul. It is obvious that your religious indoctrination is a huge barrier preventing you from understanding what the soul is.

NNTR:
Life is a circle. It goes round and round
Mine's not a circus and I am not your clown
Some people with us Some wear their frown
Still I know my purpose. Is to share what we've found
Some people insist. To wear others down
But all will bare witness. Unto who wears the crown. Jr. Gong. loll.
Still clowning.

Your greatest enemy is you, your soul, inside your own bosom. You're doing yourself and not me, inflicting wounds on the soul.
You don't know what the soul is. Soul has no enemy. You religious indoctrination makes you think so.And soul cannot be inflicted with wounds neither can it be destroyed because it is part of the divine. If I am soul, why do you still attach the possessive pronoun, "your" to the word, soul. ? How can I still possess a soul if I am soul.

You don't know what the soul is.That is it.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sapientia(m): 10:27am On Dec 28, 2021
OP, people who worhip the creator will never agree with you

Deal with the truth alone lol
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 10:32am On Dec 28, 2021
triplechoice:
This person below made a comment concerning the soul.

Your response to the above was this; Awesome

The above is evidence of confused thinking. You already argued before now, that the body =soul and soul = body.
I dont do argues and I never typed that body =soul and soul = body

triplechoice:
But suddenly you have changed your position to accept that the body(flesh) is not the soul. It is obvious that your religious indoctrination is a huge barrier preventing you from understanding what the soul is.

triplechoice:
Still clowning.
Pay a circus, to go see a clown

triplechoice:
You don't know what the soul is.
You for a start, is a soul and vice versa

triplechoice:
Soul has no enemy.
The enemy is the 'inner me', you, yourself

triplechoice:
You religious indoctrination makes you think so. And soul cannot be inflicted with wounds neither can it be destroyed because it is part of the divine.
Matthew 10:28
And do not be afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul,
but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.

triplechoice, your blind religious indoctrination prevents you from seeing in Matthew 10:28 above that souls can be destroyed. Smh

triplechoice:
If I am soul, why do you still attach the possessive pronoun, "your" to the word, soul.? How can I still possess a soul if I am soul.
It is because it belongs to you. It is because the soul, is the intrinsic part of you formed that came alive and would remain alive and intact after death

triplechoice:
You don't know what the soul is.That is it.
The soul is you and vice versa
You are a soul that has a visible part called the body. Your soul vibrates and reverberates to all parts of your body. Check your body for its pulses, loll.

Please dont mention me again because the meaning of NNTR, has come into force and you wouldnt get any response from me

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by Dtruthspeaker: 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
NNTR:
Matthew 15:28 — Then Jesus replied to her, “Woman, your faith is great. Let it be done for you as you want.” And from that moment her daughter was healed.

Luke 13:12 — When Jesus saw her, he called out to her, “Woman, you are free of your disability.”

John 2:4 — “What does that have to do with you and me, woman?” Jesus asked. “My hour has not yet come.”

John 4:21 Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

John 8:10-11 — When Jesus stood up, he said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” “No one, Lord,” she answered. “Neither do I condemn you,” said Jesus. “Go, and from now on do not sin anymore.”

John 19:26 — When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple he loved standing there, he said to his mother, “Woman, here is your son.”

John 20:15 — “Woman,” Jesus said to her, “why are you crying? Who is it that you’re seeking?”

Each time you hear Jesus say Woman, take it that He is alluding to Eve based of the premise that the woman, is the archetype of Eve. Now with that in your mind, note that, 2000 years ago, Jesus with John 8:10-11, had absolved Eve, so the reason for saying, your time taken up to draft the woman's and Eve's charges were unneeded.

Re-read the memo properly to see how Jesus dismissed the charges filed against the woman and declared her acquitted, essentially gave her a verdict of, not guilty (i.e. 'I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more)'

I do not say this to offend you but definitely when an engine does not work properly, we all know it. Therefore, I can not believe that a reasonable person would arrive at such an insane conclusion or accept such a position when it was offered to him.

Throughout the Bible, WE SEE ALL JUDGEMENT IS IM PERSONAM!

Pharoahs Judgement in Exodus is not Sodom and Gomorrah (and vice versa).

Ananias judgement was not Nebuchadnezzar's own.

Judas's own was not Gehazi's own.

As crime is not transferrable so also is the judgement on it not transferable.

Every person is judged based on their own case, exactly as Ananias and Sapphira proved.
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 11:08pm On Dec 30, 2021
Just saw this on Facebook..

He is a black guy. Kobojunkie this is for you...

https://fb.watch/adVsFmfA-3/
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by Kobojunkie: 1:29am On Dec 31, 2021
sonmvayina:
Just saw this on Facebook..

He is a black guy. Kobojunkie this is for you...

https://fb.watch/adVsFmfA-3/
I don't have a Facebook account so there is no way for me to access that and honestly, I don't care much for what any black or blue guy has to say on any God-related issue.
undecided
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by NNTR: 2:23am On Dec 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
I do not say this to offend you but definitely when an engine does not work properly, we all know it. Therefore, I can not believe that a reasonable person would arrive at such an insane conclusion or accept such a position when it was offered to him.
Rephrase this obfuscation, and while at it, in English please. Thanks

Dtruthspeaker:

Every person is judged based on their own case, exactly as Ananias and Sapphira proved.
Genesis 3:12-13
12And the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me--she gave me [fruit] from the tree, and I ate it.”
13Then the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?”
And the woman said, “The serpent beguiled and deceived me, and I ate [from the forbidden tree]

Thank you for cementing my point with the introduction of IM PERSONAM because the 'Woman' mentioned en passant by Jesus was alluding to and against Eve, the original Woman

Now, you're comparing apples to oranges, as 'Pharoahs Judgement in Exodus is not Sodom and Gomorrah (and vice versa)' or with 'Ananias judgement was not Nebuchadnezzar's own' nor with 'Judas's own was not Gehazi's own' have no parallel with the Woman that's relatable to Eve

Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by Dtruthspeaker: 5:19am On Dec 31, 2021
NNTR:
...Thank you for cementing my point with the introduction of IM PERSONAM because the 'Woman' mentioned en passant by Jesus was alluding to and against Eve, the original Woman

You do know that you are not supposed to commit selfcide in a statement? Appropriating and Reprobating in the same breath?

Surely, this is toast!
Re: Can The Creator "Judge" The Created by sonmvayina(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

In all these your examples...was judgement not for the living?

Was there a place in the authentic Bible where the dead was judged?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Left Islam [my Story] / December Retreat 2013: Crossing Over to a New Inheritance / Photos Of Praying Mood In Both Islam And Christian Religion..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.