Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy (38441 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Sctests: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ask her a simple question.
'Darling, in this marriage are you answering my family's surname or yours?'

Her reply will tell you how to react.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by stephenponti(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
Oga be a man & correct your fault. you tolerated her disdain for your family for long & the matter grew wings. Severe her tails and see her reaction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Jibwillz: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
If my family cannot come to my house and have peace, yours aren’t welcom in my home either.

Let it just be me, you and the kids then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Heterodox(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKsoul2:
Story..... But if any issue of fundraising comes up, then he will remember he has brothers and sisters?
If you can't stand on your own ya not a man.

Let that parasitic mentality go.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Obason22(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
Even thou she has 20 kids for me, and misbehave towards my siblings or try to put my friends away, that will be the end of the marriage. Such person can poison u and Walk away with the kid.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Heterodox(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
Jibwillz:
If my family cannot come to my house and have peace, yours aren’t welcom in my home either.

Let it just be me, you and the kids then.

The way it should be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by fred04(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
U better quit,I wonder how long u will keep suffering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by EkoErrands: 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:
Please do not mind my english consider any error as typo but I honestly needed a sincere advice.

My marriage will be 8 years by September 2022. The journey of marriage has not been rosy and sometime I feel I made a very huge mistake by marrying my wife. I met her in April that year, we date for 6 months and we finally got married Sept same year. Prior before we got married I took her to meet with my siblings since my both parents were late specially our 2nd daughter who her husband sponsored my secondary education. She was cool with my family and never raised any concern during this period of courtship.

Suddenly a night of our wedding everything changed. That same woman that took care of my family as hers turned into directly opposite of who she used to be. To cut the story short, she started dispising my family and the thought of their sight irritates her.

She started by complaining about my sister's son living with me before we got married, her mum and other of my siblings to the point that anytime my eldest sister visited she will leave my house with tears.

My wife also ensure she send all my siblings and relations away from me and my house no go area for them. But what confuses me was that she doesn't behave in a similar manner whenever her own siblings or her mum visits our home. Her behaviour towards my family has destroyed the joy we once had as siblings. The marriage has produced 3 kids of which my last child is less than a month old. Anytime she put to bed her mother has always been the one coming for OMUGOO. None of my siblings can come to my house because of her attitude towards them.

I can't tolerate it further am dying silently as am typing this msg her mum, her immediate junior Sister are in my house and every where is very peaceful. If they were my mum or sibling my house would have been burning by now.

I made conscious effort to kill and ignore this feeling but anytime I see her mum and sister. I feel very depressed in my own house. There are other ill behaviour she have which I can tolerate but seeing myself separated from my siblings because of my wife is my greatest Marital night mare.

I am sincerely fade up with her but my kids are my greatest weakness. The thought of leaving my house and go far away from her or rather travel abroad and leave there permanently has recently overcrowded my mind. But I can't stop thinking about my kids, their future and what they will turn into if she is to raise them alone.

Don't forget I have provided her with everything needed to be comfortable in marriage, house, cars, business etc mostly importanly I am not cheating on her, I don't smoke, I don't keep late night and I don't have friends because she has sent everybody close to me away from my life.

I need a mature advice and no insult please.

I am emotionally trumatised and feel so depressed.

Simple, if your family cant come then her family cant come too. Not even a house help can come. Because of "covik" 19. Tell her you dont want her mother to bring covik 19 to the 1 month old child. And you stand your ground.

Las las her character go reset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by flokii: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
BigDawsNet:
What's happening with marriage this days... Ehn undecided

You people are scaring the young men make plans oh...

May God help us all

It's the females that are the problem.. same thing Tuface suffered in Annie's hand is what most men suffer in the hands of their selfish wives.

If they are sent packing now, strangers who don't know how bad they behaved will start jumping about telling the man to forgive. For the woman mind now, she thinks she is wise.. with their sense wey dey one kind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by brainhgeek(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
This is one problem with women. Few of them are tolerant towards their in-laws, especially those of same sex, i.e. mother inlaw, sister in-law......
She go soon tire. Just make sure you don't push her to the point where she secretly adds rat poison to your food.
Make her know what she's doing is wrong and please, don't die in silence. Talk to a neutral person she respects, your pastor, mentor, etc. Don't make the mistake of telling your siblings the challenges in your marriage, neither should you tell her family, you can never overrule bias in judgement.
Again, I repeat, don't keep quite about this. Pour out your pains to a neutral person that will lovingly make her see her errors and yours too.
#myonekoboadvice
Shalom!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by ayo2008: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:
Please do not mind my english consider any error as typo but I honestly needed a sincere advice.

My marriage will be 8 years by September 2022. The journey of marriage has not been rosy and sometime I feel I made a very huge mistake by marrying my wife. I met her in April that year, we date for 6 months and we finally got married Sept same year. Prior before we got married I took her to meet with my siblings since my both parents were late specially our 2nd daughter who her husband sponsored my secondary education. She was cool with my family and never raised any concern during this period of courtship.

Suddenly a night of our wedding everything changed. That same woman that took care of my family as hers turned into directly opposite of who she used to be. To cut the story short, she started dispising my family and the thought of their sight irritates her.

She started by complaining about my sister's son living with me before we got married, her mum and other of my siblings to the point that anytime my eldest sister visited she will leave my house with tears.

My wife also ensure she send all my siblings and relations away from me and my house no go area for them. But what confuses me was that she doesn't behave in a similar manner whenever her own siblings or her mum visits our home. Her behaviour towards my family has destroyed the joy we once had as siblings. The marriage has produced 3 kids of which my last child is less than a month old. Anytime she put to bed her mother has always been the one coming for OMUGOO. None of my siblings can come to my house because of her attitude towards them.

I can't tolerate it further am dying silently as am typing this msg her mum, her immediate junior Sister are in my house and every where is very peaceful. If they were my mum or sibling my house would have been burning by now.

I made conscious effort to kill and ignore this feeling but anytime I see her mum and sister. I feel very depressed in my own house. There are other ill behaviour she have which I can tolerate but seeing myself separated from my siblings because of my wife is my greatest Marital night mare.

I am sincerely fade up with her but my kids are my greatest weakness. The thought of leaving my house and go far away from her or rather travel abroad and leave there permanently has recently overcrowded my mind. But I can't stop thinking about my kids, their future and what they will turn into if she is to raise them alone.

Don't forget I have provided her with everything needed to be comfortable in marriage, house, cars, business etc mostly importanly I am not cheating on her, I don't smoke, I don't keep late night and I don't have friends because she has sent everybody close to me away from my life.

Sorry. I can understand how traumatised you are. God will see you through. Is your wife and the best thing to do is have a heart to heart talk on this issue with her backed up with prayers. Your presentation must be polite and let her understanding your feelings about this issue. Let's see how she takes it.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by deltateam: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

Check your down below to know if anything is dangling. Once you confirm it, you need to talk to her and be serious.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by shantti(m): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
Simply start acting toxic too towards her own family members. Make sure her family members leaves with tears each time they come to your house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by BABANGBALI: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
Divorce the modafoka and let her go. Babes too many for one biiiiiiitch to mess up with your family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by BABANGBALI: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
shantti:
Simply start acting toxic too towards her own family members. Make sure her family members leaves with tears each time they come to your house.
your head dey there. God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by MartinsD12(m): 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

She showed you these red flags the night to your wedding you could have just cancel that wedding immediately trying to find out why she did so but you went ahead , man you caused your problem because you ignore the initial red flags and from what you type here you are a comfortable guy and your wife siblings and her mother always flock your house like sheep while your own siblings are been chased away by that your foolish and wicked wife , I think this is happening because you have not taken a firm decision on this matter, since you are the man of the family make it clear to your wife that if she can't accommodate your mother and your siblings she should forget about the marriage and divorce her , tell her this to see what her response would be and also if you have been providing for her like giving her money stop it infact try to find a way to punish her including denying her sex , refuse to eat her food, appear to start a quarrel with her until she comes begging for forgiveness then you can state your rules that she should start loving and accommodate your mother and siblings same way you have loved and accommodated her own family , just cut off loving her , her family , cut off giving them money , appear hostile to them heaven will not fall then tell you wife she must respect your own family , infact there are ways to do this , you have not acted like a man in charge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by jacko007(m): 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2021
Remember No one is perfect, every home can be built again even after few setbacks, if you try communicating with her and that has yield nothing.. remain the perfect husband you have been and try to trace the source or reasons for her actions, there is no smoke without fire.
Have been in your shoes too until we finally came to an agreement.

You can both Read the attached ebook.. it will help.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by kynbasil01: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

. First thing is identifying your problem which you have done, second thing is solving that problem... You are the man of the house and you're 100% capable to provide for your family and your wife has no right to make your life miserable in your own house when you're providing for her... Decide on what you really want, how you want to run your family... After making your decisions, call your wife for a meeting and set out the new rules as to how you want things be and if she fails to obey then you have no choice that to start taking your mind off the marriage before you die in silence, believe me if things continue like this you won't see the next five years.. it's a pity you womanize, come back late at night and she has sacked all your friends... She has you in her grip but it's not late to break out from the grip... It's now or never.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by lilyheaven: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

Please when ever you are free , visit your siblings, buy them gifts , no matter how small . Gist with them.
You can go with your kids while visiting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by BigBashiru: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

Women are very selfish fallen creatures. Be very careful when dealing with them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by BABANGBALI: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
deltateam:

Check your down below to know if anything is dangling. Once you confirm it, you need to talk to her and be serious.
what’s this one saying? What has his down below got to do with the problem. You think sey na everybody get problem with their down below like you? To give person advice no be by force o

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Donpenny(m): 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
Nigeria ladies are becoming too difficult to manage, local man is tire of them all. I'm seriously considering baby mama. I hate to die by heart attack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Cookie14: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
There is one life, and if peace of mind is not involved in this life you will be miserable.
I'm a woman, and I will tell you the truth except you didnt spill it all, your wife is not a good person. How can u accept ur own family and push ur husbands family away without them intentionally hurting you.

You are a man take charge of ur home, sit her mum down and explain why you wont tolerate her daughter's attitude towards ur siblings again. They dont have to like each other to cohabit once in a while , but they need respect from both. Also dont choke her with ur siblings visit they might not know boundaries.

Lastly critically observe how they both treat each other when you aren't around( dont know how you will do this)because sometimes inlaws pretend when they feel they are loosing control/ grip on mostly men. Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by 9jausedauto: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Treat her family the way she treats yours but this time make hers worse than she treats yours, oga trust me she will change, my wife tried it, she is still suffering the consequences, she even moved out of the house thinking I will come beg her my brother I didn't move after three weeks her family came begging, she has change towards my family completely but I still dy give her family heat, she don beg tire

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by uptownemmygee(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Oga your name has gone far

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by ransomed: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Serve her family members with the same plate of pepper soup. Whenever they ask you why you have changed, tell them that their daughter instructions are paramount in the home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Biggcake: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

Don't forget I have provided her with everything needed to be comfortable in marriage, house, cars, business etc mostly importanly I am not cheating on her, I don't smoke, I don't keep late night and I don't have friends because she has sent everybody close to me away from my life

Permit me to call you a weakling...

The moment you noticed her hating your people would have been the perfect time to strike...

However, it's not too late to act.

Tell her you want everybody to leave your house immediately, since your siblings are not always welcomed.

No matter her plea, stand on that order till a compassionate peace move is made from her camp.

Do this in the presence of her Mum.

Follow this up by cutting all assistance given to her and her family.
This is called "trimming her excesses".

With this, she will learn a thing or two.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by greggng: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

Everything you narrates is similar with the big brother Maria and one kelvin in dubai. I listened to kelvin brother and I stopped joining the band wagon of people hating Maria. Nothing kills a man that unhappy marriage. Everything you narrated happened with kelvin and his siblings .A wicked woman will never want you to have relationship with your brothers . The end is always worst. The difference in your story And kelvin story is that there is no Maria in your case. The earlier you get yourself a Maria the better for you.otherwise you will die in silence and all your family won't even attend your burial .
Tell your wife exactly how you want your family and if she refuses, let her get the hell out of your life . Get a Maria that will.love your family and train your children very well . You can only fail in this assignment if she is the breed winner. Women who are bread winners don't always have respect for the man's family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Olaideolayemi(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Hintona:
Sorry.

But it's your fault.
please how is the man fault?I just want to learn..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by seunmsg(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
Men are becoming too weak nowadays.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Piptocoin: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

continue to feel traumatised. it will help you. you remind me of my cousins who made the same marital mistake. now, we are very distant thanks to their wives. reading your story seems to have been written especially by one of this cousins of mine. I feel you are always manipulated with sex. anytime you are not having sex your sense springs to life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by BigBashiru: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
Limassol:
You were shown multiple redflags prior to tying the knot,yet you went ahead, probably underestimating her toxicity or just hoping she will change. No suprise you are paying the price - young men take heed! That said, if you are serious, divorce could be a reasonable way out. I suggest you should seek legal guidance on how to navigate this. Goodluck.

Not really. Many of them pretend during courtship (so they can get married) and after the marriage (and to her, preferably a child so she can trap you with the child), she then brings out her true self.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband / How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? / Man Died Of Heart Attack After His Wife Confessed To Him That She Cheated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.