Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy (38470 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Directway: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2021
ikennamadu1:
Bro lemmi give you one advice .. since her mother and brother are in your house presently.. tell them you want to do a little get together between you and her siblings including her...

* Go out , buy small chops
* Buy soft can drinks and red wines
* Buy cake

After you must have done all this , call all of them inside .... Start your speech by saying .. you wan to appreciate God for a good and wonderful year.. despite all that happened this year .. God kept us alive ... That this is just a way to say thank You God ... Then say mama , tell your daughter I'm no longer interested in this marriage .. mama despite everything I did for your daughter , she has successfully showed me how wicked and evil she is
.. mama can you imagine she has successfully thrown all my family members out of my house.... But whenever yall come around she feel happy... How can a good woman be so evil and wicked to her in-laws .. this is a woman I sacrificed my all for ... Mama at this juncture tell your daughter to pack her things and leave my house.. the children is mine ... I will take care of them .. let her leave with the last born .. I'm no longer interested...

Then sit-down and wait for her kneeling down to beg you .. that she will change ..

And you think this can last for life? There are things that come natural in life which you don't have to force it. A good woman is a good woman. You don't have to force, trick or manipulate her to accepting or welcoming your family members.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by ABIODUNOLAOPA1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2021
This is a simple matter now. Turn everything to rough and chase her relatives away from your house. IT IS better for you, find a way to make up with your relatives by assisting them financially no matter how little, and leave her to find a way to sort her people from her resources, your relatives will understand and it won't take long before her people will eat that business you opened for her up and make sure you don't ever put a penny of yours in that her business to resuscitate it. The moment you start this, don't go back on it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Francobaresi222(m): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
Sorry about what you are passing through brother.
My advice to you will be straightforward.
Lay down conditions for her and stick to it like the man of the house you are.

No family or siblings ( From both sides) are welcome in your home.
Tell her that the marriage is between you and her and no other persons are welcomed to your home.
Certainly she will revolt over it. Tell her that you have observed the disdain/disrespect she has shown your family while welcoming and showing care to hers.
Inform her that the marriage can only work if affection is equal. Because you believe and cherish your kids and her, it is better that third parties are kept away for now.

If she accepts this proposal, work with it till she has a brain reset and is genuinely open to accept your poeple. On the flip side, if she refuses this offer, threaten her with separation and likely devorce.

Don't forget, you are trying to be in control of your home, save your marriage and also keep your family. This is not too much to ask.

Don't be depressed over what you can change.

NB: Marriage is actually between you, your wife and kids. Other extended family members should not be allowed to be staying as if they part of this nucleus. Irrespective of which extended family side, it should be limited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Igahbarr: 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
Igahlo did the same to her ex wife who hated his family members - sack her. A woman who genuinely loves you should also like your family members . She is tolerating you because of the money. God forbid, if the money vanish, she would definitely turn against you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by DropsMic(m): 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:
Please do not mind my english consider any error as typo but I honestly needed a sincere advice.

My marriage will be 8 years by September 2022. The journey of marriage has not been rosy and sometime I feel I made a very huge mistake by marrying my wife. I met her in April that year, we date for 6 months and we finally got married Sept same year. Prior before we got married I took her to meet with my siblings since my both parents were late specially our 2nd daughter who her husband sponsored my secondary education. She was cool with my family and never raised any concern during this period of courtship.

Suddenly a night of our wedding everything changed. That same woman that took care of my family as hers turned into directly opposite of who she used to be. To cut the story short, she started dispising my family and the thought of their sight irritates her.

She started by complaining about my sister's son living with me before we got married, her mum and other of my siblings to the point that anytime my eldest sister visited she will leave my house with tears.

My wife also ensure she send all my siblings and relations away from me and my house no go area for them. But what confuses me was that she doesn't behave in a similar manner whenever her own siblings or her mum visits our home. Her behaviour towards my family has destroyed the joy we once had as siblings. The marriage has produced 3 kids of which my last child is less than a month old. Anytime she put to bed her mother has always been the one coming for OMUGOO. None of my siblings can come to my house because of her attitude towards them.

I can't tolerate it further am dying silently as am typing this msg her mum, her immediate junior Sister are in my house and every where is very peaceful. If they were my mum or sibling my house would have been burning by now.

I made conscious effort to kill and ignore this feeling but anytime I see her mum and sister. I feel very depressed in my own house. There are other ill behaviour she have which I can tolerate but seeing myself separated from my siblings because of my wife is my greatest Marital night mare.

I am sincerely fade up with her but my kids are my greatest weakness. The thought of leaving my house and go far away from her or rather travel abroad and leave there permanently has recently overcrowded my mind. But I can't stop thinking about my kids, their future and what they will turn into if she is to raise them alone.

Don't forget I have provided her with everything needed to be comfortable in marriage, house, cars, business etc mostly importanly I am not cheating on her, I don't smoke, I don't keep late night and I don't have friends because she has sent everybody close to me away from my life.

I need a mature advice and no insult please.

I am emotionally trumatised and feel so depressed.

You are a disgrace to menfolks.. You are a very big disgrace to menfolks... Spits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by BigBashiru: 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
ABIODUNOLAOPA1:
This is a simple matter now. Turn everything to rough and chase her relatives away from your house. IT IS better for you, find a way to make up with your relatives by assisting them financially no matter how little, and leave her to find a way to sort her people from her resources, your relatives will understand and it won't take long before her people will eat that business you opened for her up and make sure you don't ever put a penny of yours in that her business to resuscitate it. The moment you start this, don't go back on it.

Exactly! Problem is men pet women too much. Give her tit for tat and if necessary drive her away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by EdoBoy90(m): 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
Some Nigerian Women/girls/ladies are just wicked. Same thing is happening to my only Brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Oizee(f): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2021
RepoMan007:
what are those read flags the poster was shown prior to tying the knot please? I read the post and couldn't see any. May be I wasnt paying enough attention or just bad comprehension.
honestly some people will comment on a post that will make you to doubt your comprehension skills. The man clearly stated that she changed on their wedding night.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by poiZon: 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:
Please do not mind my english consider any error as typo but I honestly needed a sincere advice.

My marriage will be 8 years by September 2022. The journey of marriage has not been rosy and sometime I feel I made a very huge mistake by marrying my wife. I met her in April that year, we date for 6 months and we finally got married Sept same year. Prior before we got married I took her to meet with my siblings since my both parents were late specially our 2nd daughter who her husband sponsored my secondary education. She was cool with my family and never raised any concern during this period of courtship.

Suddenly a night of our wedding everything changed. That same woman that took care of my family as hers turned into directly opposite of who she used to be. To cut the story short, she started dispising my family and the thought of their sight irritates her.

She started by complaining about my sister's son living with me before we got married, her mum and other of my siblings to the point that anytime my eldest sister visited she will leave my house with tears.

My wife also ensure she send all my siblings and relations away from me and my house no go area for them. But what confuses me was that she doesn't behave in a similar manner whenever her own siblings or her mum visits our home. Her behaviour towards my family has destroyed the joy we once had as siblings. The marriage has produced 3 kids of which my last child is less than a month old. Anytime she put to bed her mother has always been the one coming for OMUGOO. None of my siblings can come to my house because of her attitude towards them.

I can't tolerate it further am dying silently as am typing this msg her mum, her immediate junior Sister are in my house and every where is very peaceful. If they were my mum or sibling my house would have been burning by now.

I made conscious effort to kill and ignore this feeling but anytime I see her mum and sister. I feel very depressed in my own house. There are other ill behaviour she have which I can tolerate but seeing myself separated from my siblings because of my wife is my greatest Marital night mare.

I am sincerely fade up with her but my kids are my greatest weakness. The thought of leaving my house and go far away from her or rather travel abroad and leave there permanently has recently overcrowded my mind. But I can't stop thinking about my kids, their future and what they will turn into if she is to raise them alone.

Don't forget I have provided her with everything needed to be comfortable in marriage, house, cars, business etc mostly importanly I am not cheating on her, I don't smoke, I don't keep late night and I don't have friends because she has sent everybody close to me away from my life.

If you tell her you don't want any family members of hers anymore in your house, will she beat u?
Why una dey fall hands like this?
She doesnt want my family around, you also tell her none of her family should come visiting.
If they do, turn mike tyson, no food for house that period.
Make sure u take ur children out to eat, once the mama or siblings notice the change in ur attitude towards them, they will either stay clear of ur family or call for meeting.
U wan run leave ur house because of woman wey no add shishi to ur upbringing...

Abeg no do make i vex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by rickyboss333: 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2021
Nairalanders...they will always dwell on blames rather than try advicing if they have any, or just waka pass.
Well brother, as it stands, 8 solid years u have managed to endure, I think u could simply continue enduring especially 4 d sake of ur children like u rightly said. Am sure this one done pass "sit her down n talk to her". What u are seeing is just who she is, selfish!
I commend your mature act though...playing cool or along otherwise some other person would have also stopped her ppl from coming to your house, but 2 wrongs doesn't make it right. Just make peace with your siblings without her in d picture. Do whatever thing u can to make yourself happy as u carry your cross in peace
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Tribalism123(m): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
Get drunk
Get home
Give the mum and her brother or sister transport
Tell them to leave ur house first thing tomorrow morning.

If they refuse, get ur things and go to ur siblings place and stay for a while.
When the last kid grows like two years, send her and the entire children to her parents house. After a year, u can pick them up. Things will sit up in the space of these events
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Plus10(m): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
whiteroses:
Do you give resources away to your siblings ? Or did they initially had a habit of assaulting or despising her and you turned a blind eye ?
There will be a reason why she loathes your family.
She’s not a house help that you can use her matter to play games. If she sensed that, she will fight back.
From your write up I can see that your family over steps their boundaries. They don’t need to be coming to your house often and act like they want to take over. If they are around your wife is the boss of all of them and cannot be relegated to the background.
She’s your other half. She’s more important to you than your family.
Two should become one and you ca no longer cleave to your sister.
Nonsense… Your wife is fighting for boundaries if you ask me. If your family has your balls in their pockets please free that babe.
What kind of boundary is she trying to create,who is draging her home with her?Are you sure you read the OP's post .Sorry Madam,to me you are not making sense!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
You want to tell me you let your wife chase away your siblings and hers come and go at will?
Don't you know how chase away her own family too?
Give your wife's family the same treatment she gives yours. Why are you crying like a baby over something you should know how to handle.
You gave her the power to treat your people that way if not you would have also sent her family out.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by sleekman(m): 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
Oga the solution is very simple. Get all her people out of the house. Give them an ultimatum to leave. Stand your ground that if your people can't live or visit you without issues then hers can't. Period! Get some balls mehn! Dictate what happens in your home and if she gives problems then look for a miniflat or short let to lease for a month. Let your family know where you are and be sparsely be seen in your home. That should reset her brain. If after a month scenario doesn't change my brother divorce, travelling out and limiting all inputs into the home should be on the table and she
Richpet85:

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by bigiyaro(m): 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
The earliest you realized that of all your family members, it's your wife that is not your relative, and treat her as appropriately, the better for you.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Fame1309(f): 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
Sincerely speaking,what have you told your wife about your external family? must have given her the gods to act in this manner.No matter what don't talk heel of your family before anybody, they will eventually take advantage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Heterodox(m): 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Sermwell:

This is a very foolish talk! You'll still need your family in the long run!
I'm not responsible for you lack of intelligence to comprehend.

Although you do blame it on me.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Yuslaw2438: 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

You are a weak man
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Heterodox(m): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKsoul2:
Abegi.... if you have a health issue that warrants you needing like 20million naira for your life to be saved, can you do it on your own right now? can you donate a kidney for your self? Can you donate blood for yourself? so because you are married to a woman, you will throw all your first family away? The woman is even more sensible than you are, she is busy creating sweet memories with her own family while she denies you of the same... and you are here forming andre the giant.
Since you can't read and understand it's better we end it the discussion.

Wife's or husband's extended families are afterthought.

They shouldn't be causing rancour in your home.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Heterodox(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
[quote author=elbaraj2020 post=108640513][/quote] It's you that lack reasoning. Reason you can't express your opinions as yours but rather add it to mine.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by md17: 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
Please see a professional marriage counselor because advices here can either be confusing or go along the direction of what you may want to hear.
Richpet85:

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by henrimoto(m): 6:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
Hmm.. Op. When DEPRESION sets into the heart of a man, there is an issue\issues that need confrontation. Unless that issue is confronted, HAPPINESS & PEACE of the mind is far. The more worried/afraid you are about the aftermath of the confrontation, the more depressed you become. Remember, you are the MAN here, also the provider of the family needs. You know the issue that needs to be confronted, if you dont confront the issue\s, it would affect you health wise.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Championxxx(m): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Sad

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by fxsky: 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

So sorry to read about this!

Please note that many men are going through this in our environment. All due to "I want my woman to be happy always".
My personal observation is that a Nigerian Lady wants to have a "dumb" as a husband, But never want a "dumb" as a son.
We men of nowadays not really strong psychologically and emotionally to handle ladies.

Advice: Realize that you wife wants the best for you, her children and her family only. Of course, herself as well. Others do not matter. Meanwhile many wives failed to realized that those family members that stood by you, molding you for better future actually prepared a good take off for your wife to ride on.
Learn how to make critical decision that affect your family without involving nor informing her. At first, she will come up with fights......but remain gentle with her. Let her realize that you marry her only and as such it is only her you know from her family. Her sibling/family discussion? You aren't part of it. If she sort for help on behalf of her family, do it if you can. But prioritize your family before hers. And never let her know any financial assistant you render for your family.

Also, become sole decision maker over some matters in your immediate family like festive outings, games, home goods etc.

Start taking your children to your siblings. If she refused this, barre your children from visiting her family, not even her mom.

Ladies are dominating naturally! Handle that with wisdom.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Figger(m): 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
ikennamadu1:
Bro lemmi give you one advice .. since her mother and brother are in your house presently.. tell them you want to do a little get together between you and her siblings including her...

* Go out , buy small chops
* Buy soft can drinks and red wines
* Buy cake

After you must have done all this , call all of them inside .... Start your speech by saying .. you wan to appreciate God for a good and wonderful year.. despite all that happened this year .. God kept us alive ... That this is just a way to say thank You God ... Then say mama , tell your daughter I'm no longer interested in this marriage .. mama despite everything I did for your daughter , she has successfully showed me how wicked and evil she is
.. mama can you imagine she has successfully thrown all my family members out of my house.... But whenever yall come around she feel happy... How can a good woman be so evil and wicked to her in-laws .. this is a woman I sacrificed my all for ... Mama at this juncture tell your daughter to pack her things and leave my house.. the children is mine ... I will take care of them .. let her leave with the last born .. I'm no longer interested...

Then sit-down and wait for her kneeling down to beg you .. that she will change ..
U be correct man, if op no take this advice, then he's not been serious at all.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Damson22: 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKsoul2:
Story..... But if any issue of fundraising comes up, then he will remember he has brothers and sisters?

Thanks for this bro, as if you read my mind
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Exceed15: 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2021
My guy I feel you. I understand your situation has become unbearable and it hurts badly. However becareful not to develop Hbp with the way you are going. So what do u do : take it easy on yourself man! come off that depression thing. If u die another man will take over ur wife I bet u. Take yourself out , order correct wine with well garnished fish/grilled meat. Hang out with friends, stay more outside. Ignore her food ,fashi sex with her, go out and make long calls. Dem no go tell am before her brain go reset. Che be she wan frustrate u but refused to be
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by tommy589(m): 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2021
Richpet85:

When you die of depression your kids keep on living. My late best friend was in same situation, despite my advice to walk away he was coming with the excuse of he can't leave his kids. I told him his wife was bidding time for him to create more wealth for the family before killing him. He went to his grave an unhappy man in 2006. I am not saying his wife killed him but his kids survived without him around to guide them and are married.
The best life is to have both parents raising their children together. I know this because I missed not having a father around and i still feel sad at my age that my late loving dad was not there in our growing up years. But I never blame him for walking out on a toxic marriage, because he lived to over 80 before he died

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by adedayoa2(f): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
You gave her that power, sit her down and ask her why she behave that way towards your siblings.
Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by tarantino1: 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
chicogentil:
You made a mistake yet you got 3 kids with her undecided

You can imagine!
I don't even understand men like the OP. You saw the problem and yet had one, two, and even three kids and now he cannot take it anymore.

Were you asleep since? Abeg M outta here

1 Like

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by johhbekeboh09: 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2021
If you want to enjoy peace and good health you divorce this your wife From experience such marriage don't have good future...
Richpet85:

Re: My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy by Starz825(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2021
Op one thing I want you to know is ...if anything happens to your health...God forbid...dat your woman and her family won't stay to help...Dem go jaapaa...
Na your siblings go dey with you cos of the blood you share...

Don't ever accept your siblings to be treated anyhow by your woman...don't..esp when they are not at fault..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband / Man Died Of Heart Attack After His Wife Confessed To Him That She Cheated / One-year-old Baby Bites Snake To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.