Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad (28980 Views)

"My Wife Walked Out Of This Accident Without A Single Scratch" / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Is Going To Cyprus Worth Quiting My Job For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by NaBanga: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
I'm just going to be honest with you, there is a high chance you will end up divorced if you are the lazy type. What we call work in Nigeria is the reason the country is not working. If you go 3 months without bringing in money while your wife, is working, you are going to regret the day you left Nigeria. Women are not made to take care of men.By the time your wife is working, trying to clean house and take care of the children in between, you will become her enemy. She will then realize you are not needed and that her life is much better with only the kids. Work and bring money for bills at all costs. Talk to your friends about childcare that will help your wife. Also, be thinking of a course that you can take that will make money in the UK. I wish you the very best and pray your marriage makes it.

22 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Fiscus105(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
I'm a federal civil servant, wife just got a job in the UK as a nurse. This has been our plan, although she initiated the idea which I supported especially bcuz of our kids. As the time is getting closer I'm developing some cold feet, but eventually I'm sure I will move. Don't really know if leaving my civil service job and farming business is a good idea, I don't really have an Abroad game plan yet.

Take ur 30 days annual leave for the trip, if you get their and find it convincing and convenient, you send letter of goodbye from UK
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by xalex77c: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Even your sister sef e no sure. Na only person mama dey guaranteed.
atleast your sister na your blood...

I dey pity this bros... e be like e no dey read the numerous stories of women trashing their husbands after they move abroad... Na here we go dey, e go carry complain come give us later say e dey sleep for car and im wife dey maltreat am

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by StreetFight: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
I'm a federal civil servant, wife just got a job in the UK as a nurse. This has been our plan, although she initiated the idea which I supported especially bcuz of our kids. As the time is getting closer I'm developing some cold feet, but eventually I'm sure I will move. Don't really know if leaving my civil service job and farming business is a good idea, I don't really have an Abroad game plan yet.

My Nigga, I beg you leave ooo.

That voice you are hearing that is giving you cold feet is your village people trying to trick you.

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by SavageResponse(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
Agricmoney:

it's a welcomed idea.just have a reputable and trusted person to take care of your farm while the other work, you tell them of your intentions on time to get your full benefits. But be sure it's a 100% thing before finally quiting the job

Anyway, Agriculture is life

In Nigeria it is very risky to entrust your business to another person!

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by CaptainAyub: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
Of 20 Nigerian women,only 1 will remain rational when she has the upper hand in terms of finances.Nairaland is full of such testimonies.
Think am through oo cos you might need to depend on her for a while until you get settled.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by pussymonger1: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
very nice idea ..... if i have a paying federal JOB and a farm here meh , i no dey go any iluoyinbooooooo, if i am to visit iluoyinbo , maybe to go enjoy and come back .. nigeria sweet oo , na when u get to uk u go know shey naija sweet ... abroad is boring ..................i wont put mouth into
family matter ...................
freshboi88:
Must u quit your job. Are u not a federal civil servant? What happen to taking study leave for 2 years and go there while still keeping your job here. So if things no go according to plan u know u have somewhere to fall back to.

Remember a bird at hand is better than 20 in the bush

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by seyz91(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
cheesy
osuofia2:
smiley
Why is everybody running and leaving this great country, from yesterday to today more than 5topics of people asking the best way to run away.
It is high time the good people of Nigeria know that Baba Buhari is making sure Nigeria becomes great
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by DukeNija(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
uthlaw:
please, which skills someone can learn before coming to UK!

Photography, barbing, Plumbing, driving etc
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Fiscus105(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
xalex77c:
atleast your sister na your blood...

I dey pity this bros... e be like e no dey read the numerous stories of women trashing their husbands after they move abroad... Na here we go dey, e go carry complain come give us later say e dey sleep for car and im wife dey maltreat am

U never read thousands of men leaving happily with their wife abroad? Several of people I know who migrated to UK & USA are leaving happily with their spouses there. Some 10yrs ,while the least is 4 yrs.

Have u ever asked urself if u re a good husband ( or u would be a good husband)? Pls do it now and be fair enough in ur judgement.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by seyz91(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
cheesy
nkemoma:
Give me the Job and the Farm before you go
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by queenblossom(f): 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
Jondelng:
Sir, please don't leave without getting a good plan. I am presently in the UK and I am talking from experience.
Your wife can be there and you can visit anytime.

You can take leave and go to find a befitting job, if not stay till you get a befitting job.

BEST ADVICE.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Nonexisting: 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
Jondelng:
Sir, please don't leave without getting a good plan. I am presently in the UK and I am talking from experience.
Your wife can be there and you can visit anytime.

You can take leave and go to find a befitting job, if not stay till you get a befitting job.
I wish the simp would listen to you but I'm sure he wouldn't. How can a sane man leave his federal job and farming business to go and become stay at home husband in the UK for a vaginarian when we know how they turn to monsters as soon as they leave this country. Let him go, I will be here to read his thread when his wife turns him to a fulltime houseboy.

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by ayandee: 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
A family friend whose wife is also a nurse moved to the UK. There has been no issues. The man takes care of the kids when she is at work. He is looking for a job but there's no pressure whatsoever from his wife. They've both been having each other's back from way back. It's just a phase. If you have married a good woman, you have nothing to fear. Join her, take care of the kids while you search for job opportunities. It may entail doing some short time courses to fit into the job market. Be determined that you will make it in the UK. Have a very positive mindset.

9 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by alexvic12: 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hi.

I'll suggest that you take a caregiver certification and get certified before leaving or shortly after your arrival. With that, you can increase your chances of landing a job.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Agricmoney(m): 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2021
SavageResponse:

In Nigeria it is very risky to entrust your business to another person!

you are 100% right.By another person I mean his trusted relations or better still monitor it from wherever he is by employing someone and also sending a relative to check out his business for him once a while because a business not controlled directly by the owner suffers. looses if not taken care of.

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Foreign231(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
YOU HAVE A GOOD WIFE
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Anosby: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
it will be hard for you in the beginning o. you will likely find yourself doing jobs you will never even consider in Nigeria. I will advise you request study leave without pay, so you have the window to return to your job after 1 year.
Ficient:

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by hardbody: 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2021
They have all said what I wanted to say plus I have no experience on this matter so I cannot come and go and start advising you on a matter that I know absolutely nothing about.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2021
Better get a job over there dont be a sponge onya wife, 90% of the people who go to UK as workers end up being very stingy.

Your wife might divorce you over there, naija marriage tradition dont work there,
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2021
Bro Just go to the U.K. ASAP. If possible learn how to trade Forex online And that way you will be secure financially whatever degree you have use it to find a job or something.... it’s way better than suffering and Smiling in Nigeria
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by CaptainAyub: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2021
NaBanga:
I'm just going to be honest with you, there is a high chance you will end up divorced if you are the lazy type. What we call work in Nigeria is the reason the country is not working. If you go 3 months without bringing in money while your wife, is working, you are going to regret the day you left Nigeria. Women are not made to take care of men.By the time your wife is working, trying to clean house and take care of the children in between, you will become her enemy. She will then realize you are not needed and that her life is much better with only the kids. Work and bring money for bills at all costs. Talk to your friends about childcare that will help your wife. Also, be thinking of a course that you can take that will make money in the UK. I wish you the very best and pray your marriage makes it.
Op,listen to this man

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Nyanabo(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2021
I would advice you to stay back sir, at least for a while. Allow you wife and kids move first before you do so.

You currently have a paying job that is secure and you equally have a side business. I see no reason why you are eager to leave, you can visit them time to time.

Or

You can allow them to go and when they are settled, you can go join them when you have come up with what you want to do there, cause I bet you don't want to be a sit-at-home husband over.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by hope4nigeria(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
as far as your wife is a good woman, no problem. We ear stories when fight start and the woman throw you on the street
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Mypeople2(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
Sir please how much are they paying you in that Federal civil service ? Convert it to pounds,let us see if a cleaner in UK is not earning more than you ? If I were you, I would have been there with her right now.The country good na your president nor dey stay for one place ?

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by yomiyatty: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
If your wife is good then you don't have much problem. You need to resign from your workplace because your wife can't take care of the children alone in the UK. Let her go first and 3 months later you can go ahead and join her with the children in the UK. Don't let anybody discourage you about moving to the UK. I have been in your shoes before and have no regret at all.

5 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by wisdomkid: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
daddytime:
Okay, bros.

I wish you and your family well.

May we not read about " a former Nigerian civil servant/farmer put on the street by his Nigerian nurse wife because he couldn't stop thinking about his civil service job and farm".

Work on your abroad game and follow through if you are convinced.

God forbids your plan
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by kaywhy09(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
Just go already.

You'll do better over there.

Don't entertain negative thought, so it won't come to reality.

When you get there, put as much effort as possible to remain the major provider.

Everything will work out for your good.

Best wishes, from me to you and your family.

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by na2016: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

OP: Abroad is not Nigeria and I am sure you know your wife very well. You will still be the one bringing in money to the home for most things. I hope you strategize well because women even the best of them when she is the one bringing more money over a long time to sustain the home can start behaving somehow. By strategizing I mean, what skills you have so far and what you intend to do when you get there, and plans to up yourself. The government favors women more and when Nigerian women see it, they exploit it to the detriment of their home except for the ones that really loved the husband. I wish you the very best. Please don't cut links with home, e get why.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by asamwababy: 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
I'm a federal civil servant, wife just got a job in the UK as a nurse. This has been our plan, although she initiated the idea which I supported especially bcuz of our kids. I don't really have an Abroad game plan yet.

Uk is just 6 hours away.You can be shuttling easily for a while.Travel on Thursday night return on Sundays,public holidays and annual leave. Till you see the green light to migrate fully.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by InvertedHammer: 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
/

Premium tears in 5 years or less.

You are very shortsighted.

Rule 1: Never let a woman feed you. It won't last long unless she is ugly.

Let's start the countdown...

/

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa / Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.