Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,910 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad (28969 Views)

"My Wife Walked Out Of This Accident Without A Single Scratch" / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Is Going To Cyprus Worth Quiting My Job For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by sorepco(m): 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
My guy go de visit. Kerp ur investments back home to Sustain u or fall back on if yawa gasth!

I will suggest u learn a trade like plumbing or gardening so that when u get there on ur holidays u can easily earn 10milliin in a month with all these skills...

Ficient:
I'm a federal civil servant, wife just got a job in the UK as a nurse. This has been our plan, although she initiated the idea which I supported especially bcuz of our kids. As the time is getting closer I'm developing some cold feet, but eventually I'm sure I will move. Don't really know if leaving my civil service job and farming business is a good idea, I don't really have an Abroad game plan yet.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Ynix(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
I'm a federal civil servant, wife just got a job in the UK as a nurse. This has been our plan, although she initiated the idea which I supported especially bcuz of our kids. As the time is getting closer I'm developing some cold feet, but eventually I'm sure I will move. Don't really know if leaving my civil service job and farming business is a good idea, I don't really have an Abroad game plan yet.
Take up a quick course in Web development or Data Analytics, UI UX and Digital Marketing then you are good to go for generating value that can help you earn good money over there before you think about schooling

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Bubblewitch: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
get a job there before leaving. It’s hard to get a job in the UK as an immigrant. I am talking from experience except you want to do care and warehouse jobs

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by wiseone28: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
Womanizer:

So who has been servicing your wife all this while? grin

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Bubblewitch: 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

Thanks very much everyone. I'm still consulting with friends and family, someone suggested I take a study leave from my job instead of resigning outrightly. My wife is a good woman, otherwise I wouldn't entertain the idea at all.
best advice. I always tell people to take a study leave and see what the uk is about. Life there is not rosy so you have to come and see if you can manage
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Trumptech(m): 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
you are looking for advise on nairaland i pitty you. Bros the future of your children should be your priority in this whole thing once they come out well then you worry less but if they end up like this nairalanders that still depend on their parent for survival then your might not find it funny. I am not saying you can only make it abroad but if opportunity comes be wise enough to see it and take it before it is too late.

Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by olaniyilukman(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2021
Jondelng:
Sir, please don't leave without getting a good plan. I am presently in the UK and I am talking from experience.
Your wife can be there and you can visit anytime.

You can take leave and go to find a befitting job, if not stay till you get a befitting job.
God bless you bro as you sound cool
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by joeybadg: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2021
If you join your wife and come over you can start off by doing low skilled jobs like working for amazon warehouses which pays really well at the moment, they are currently offering bonuses due to labour shortage. You could also work as a health care worker which is also in demand and pays decent, I don’t know how much you earn but it pays way above the average pay in 9ja. Save up and do a masters my advice would be a masters in IT or something health related like nursing. If you’ve got money saved up you could start studying ASAP but mind you you’ll only be able to work 20 hours max a week during term times but this shouldn’t deter you as in the long run you could get a skilled worker Job after your masters. It’s difficult getting a good job with experience from Nigeria but from the moment you step in, apply for jobs in your field maybe you may find something. The quicker you get a skilled worker Job the relatively “safer” you are as your stay in the UK is dependent on only your wife.
Not the expert on the relationship side of things but just incase things go left, try and keep your farm in Nigeria running or go on leave and have a feel for it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by sorepco(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2021
Painting and gardening. As u can win a house to repaint n add some gardening as well. Getting 2 contract jobs from one apartment!
Plumbing is the best. I don see docta leave e work enter plumber things come de earn 2x dokita work!

uthlaw:
please, which skills someone can learn before coming to UK!
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Highways: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
Stay with your family ooo.... UK cold no be here ooo

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by na2016: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
NaBanga:
I'm just going to be honest with you, there is a high chance you will end up divorced if you are the lazy type. What we call work in Nigeria is the reason the country is not working. If you go 3 months without bringing in money while your wife, is working, you are going to regret the day you left Nigeria. Women are not made to take care of men.By the time your wife is working, trying to clean house and take care of the children in between, you will become her enemy. She will then realize you are not needed and that her life is much better with only the kids. Work and bring money for bills at all costs. Talk to your friends about childcare that will help your wife. Also, be thinking of a course that you can take that will make money in the UK. I wish you the very best and pray your marriage makes it.

This is another very good comment, OP.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by SailorUgo(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
Since you’re leaving with your family, I can help you take care of some of your investments. I’m a capable hand grin

I’m serious o
I’m young, not looking to travel out, hardworking and most importantly I’ve overcome the power of money grin
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by olas24u(f): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

Dont try it,keep that job
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
post=108690087:
What is civil about the Nigeria civil service.
WORD!
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Enskynelson(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

Thanks very much everyone. I'm still consulting with friends and family, someone suggested I take a study leave from my job instead of resigning outrightly. My wife is a good woman, otherwise I wouldn't entertain the idea at all.
Have u been in this same position before? A position where she will be the breadwinner? I have come to realize that situation and conditions define what you get from women.

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by bobosydney: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
I will just say this With my 18 years experience in abroad and how some sweet loving married people from Nigeria end up divorce.
1. The love and respect that you are getting from your wife at this moment is because you able to provide financially.
2. Most women can only pay bills for one month and after that the problem with start as if as you are not a man that has been providing before. The bills in abroad is not the same as Nigeria.
My only advice is that you should first let your wife go first or you should take study leave to abroad from your work and live there for one year before you decide what to do.
Because I look at at how some people who never reach Airport saying that you should Japa without adequate plans.
If you don't want to live with regret and depression you think twice before you quit your job in Nigeria.
There is no where is easy in this world and every countries get their own challenges.

19 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by chidirobert(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
Congratulations bro a federal civil servant, wife just got a job in the UK as a nurse. This has been our plan, although she initiated the idea which I supported especially bcuz of our kids. As the time is getting closer I'm developing some cold feet, but eventually I'm sure I will move. Don't really know if leaving my civil service job and farming business is a good idea, I don't really have an Abroad game plan yet. [/quote]
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Truvelisback(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2021
seyz91:
I tell you
Yes, to avoid if i had known....

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by na2016: 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2021
ayandee:
A family friend whose wife is also a nurse moved to the UK. There has been no issues. The man takes care of the kids when she is at work. He is looking for a job but there's no pressure whatsoever from his wife. They've both been having each other's back from way back. It's just a phase. If you have married a good woman, you have nothing to fear. Join her, take care of the kids while you search for job opportunities. It may entail doing some short time courses to fit into the job market. Be determined that you will make it in the UK. Have a very positive mindset.

So many things are involved here which as an outsider you may not know. The woman must be extremely good and maybe the man was also good. I have seen women build houses in Nigerian while their husband is suffering in this country. Never depend on a woman, ensure you have your destiny in your hands.

5 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Solofresh2: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
when you enter abroad and your wife becomes the breadwinner she will frustrate your life, divorce you and kick you out. but if you are a sharp man when you enter uk buy road map and study it very well, and then buy satnav and buy a car and start cabbing. this way you become an asset to your wife immediately. but if you refuse to be an asset to her just forget it and keep your job in naija. me i done talk my own sha
Seconded!
You don talk am finish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by gidado14(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
GUY MOVE OOH BEFORE YOU GET NEW BABY
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by adedayoa2(f): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2021
Please be going
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by phemmyfour: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
Best decision. It doesn't make sense staying back in Nigeria especially without your family

1 Like

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by baby124: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:

The person that advised you this, is your best friend. Forget, marriage for Nigeria no be the same as marriage abroad. UK no easy o. Except na all this kwe kwe job you wan resign go work.
Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by AngelicBeing: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2021
justwise:

Do you have kids?
Gbam, Justwise always asking thought provoking questions@ topic, think everything through before relocation, know that the Oga at the top kind of husband / wife relationship in Nigeria where the man is Pharoah and the wife is a slave no go work for obodo oyibo oo, Think things through and plan properly , it is a good move if both of you are ready to make it work together as husband and wife and be ready to submit to one another shocked

5 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by MANDIPUTIN: 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ficient:
If you don't have an available Job over there pls stay back & visit her once in a while otherwise it'll
surely end in tears & regret for you if you join her.
Don't put yourself in a situation where you'll depend on a woman for your needs.

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
If I were you, I will relax in Nigeria. Start a business, while I visit from time to time. The kids can go with her. Nah me go the monitor investment for Naija. She will definitely earn more than you, nurses are well paid over a lot of other professions. Non go turn house boy for UK, money they quick enter woman head oo. lol

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hit-And-Run Driver Kills A Man In Delta (Photo) / 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria / Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.