Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) (39100 Views)

Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? / Moghalu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa, Tells Nigerians What To Do / Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by NewsForYou: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
hollamanng:
people like you are very shallow
Stop cultism. It doesn’t add to you. Doesn’t make you strong. Any fight you can’t fight alone is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
Lonelyhrt1:

Cultist spotted

it is you that is a cultist

everybody and anybody have right and freedom of association enshrined in the constitution

i am not a cultist, i will never be a cultist and i never encourage cultism
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by gawu1: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
obehi247:
Just because Boko Haram is a terrorist group in nigeNig does not mean every Nigerians are terrorist

BBC should apologize now
The new trend of terrorists cannibalising their victims introduced by ipob pigs terrorists is also a cause for concern. Very soon, BBC and others may wrongly assume every body in Nigeria practice cannibalism.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by BigBashiru: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
Metrix147:
The fire stoked by the recent BBC documentary in which it accused NBM of Africa of derailing from a human right defence organization to a violent cult group is far from over as the group gives BBC seven (7) days ultimatum to retract the said defamatory content or face legal action.

In a letter dated 17th December, 2021, , NBM of Africa vowed to proceed to court to seek redress if BBC fails to retract the alleged defamation, insisting that it is determined to redeem the integrity of NBM through all means lawful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqPdxCh3pvw
In a release on Tuesday signed by the Chairman Body of Founders of the group, Comrade Ernest Amadasun, NBM of Africa alleged that there is grand conspiracy to discredit it by individuals and groups who are heavily funded.

The group insists that if any of its members is found to be involved in crime, such member should be arrested and prosecuted in court of law, saying the name of NBM of Africa should not be linked to personal wrong action of a member.

It says, "The recent Online broadcast/publication and documentary produce by British Broadcasting Corporation against our organization NBM of Africa otherwise known as of Africa has necessitated this Press Briefing in order to put the records in the right perspective."

NBM of Africa continued, "It is therefore embarrassing and against best global practice in broadcasting and journalism for British Broadcasting Corporation otherwise known as BBC and its allies to produce and broadcast defamatory documentary online through YouTube and segment of its organization known as the African EYE against the integrity of NBM of Africa.

"In the said online broadcast and documentary by British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC persistently referred to our NBM of Africa as and allude to unfounded facts that NBM of Africa involves in violence and criminality.

"The defamatory documentary and broadcast which has gone viral on the internet and further broadcasted by BBC on the 19th day of December, 2021 defamed and disparaged our organization’s reputation and character with obvious consequences that have caused NBM loss and divestment of integrity by prudent members of the society, which has caused our organization to be held in abysmal disdain, disrespect and odium by ordinary and prudent members of the society."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/alleged-defamation-retract-now-or-meet-us-in-court-nbm-of-africa-tells-bbc-video/

the bbc aired a similar documentary in rwanda about the rwanda genocide - they were subsequently banned. why these oyinbo colonialists cant just face their own country and europe is something i still do not understand....
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Kaypeeboss(m): 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2021
Madiba147:
The ideology of the movement is neo blackism which is the complex mix of intellectuall radicallism...pan africanism...deep research into african traditional religion and cultures...fraternal relations...secret rights of passage and activism...the embraces peace...say no to oppression. ..say no to terrorism. ..say no to kidnapping and cultism...#nbmisnotblackaxe#
Madiba hail
It's a lie...NBM is and Blac axe is NBM, remember the days of my elder brother in University of Benin 1994 ,he was chairman COE,after a whole long while of violence and almost getting killed,few years later he is in the registered body NBM and nobody remember his sins anymore
In the end say no to cultism,when issues come up even NBM of Africa senior men dae involve

3 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by putin2: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2021
Nigeria govt should arrest that bastard and use him as example to other adults that encourage cultism.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Madiba147(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
The more u look..the less u see...peace always brother
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by pquaver(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

BBC should always use thier number 6

Or else we go use number 7 for them

Let our spirit shine all over the world
So that we may live forever ever...

I rep futa jallon

Damn nigar. U r no a real nigar.. A real gee knows that things are done with youthful exuberance and many are mistakes and try to correct younger generations and not promote it. As egede u be u saw what it was and know it should stop even you might not be able to stop it but don't glorify it. Just like many who don't hang leg but just stop promoting rugedity with their personal actions and comments. I come in peace.
But personally I let this mistake pass cos we are all humans.. I still see u as a real nigga and gee�� cool grin

2 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
gawu1:

The new trend of terrorists cannibalising their victims introduced by ipob pigs terrorists is also a cause for concern. Very soon, BBC and others may wrongly assume every body in Nigeria practice cannibalism.

don't mind some Nigerians. very soon the international community will label every Nigerians cultist. if Nigerians are not seeing the negative impact of the documentary then, they need help

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Neddstark: 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
It is just like the Italian Mafia trying to sue CNN for a documentary. Please that BBC journalist should not be killled.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
Masterkernel1:

You sound very sympathetic to their plight, likely you're one. Unfortunately, you've not considered the safety of your kids, before joining a cult group.

i care about the image of nigeria and Nigerians

have you wonder or think of the negative impact of the documentary to the image of nigeria and Nigerians
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
…in the struggle for freedom. We must persevere…

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
ccollins:
u are just being silly.nbm we all know here in Nigeria are hardened cultists who love drinks n weed.many Nigerians can see elaborately through the falsehood of the mendacious press statement released by nbm

i don't care aboutyou but the view of the international communities on Nigeria and Nigerians

shit happens in chicago but have you seen them make documentary on it

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by faithfull18(f): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
People's fathers.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by optimus106(m): 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
slimghost:
That BBC documentary was a job done by an amateur.
Watched it and didn’t learn anything new. Freaking shallow investigation filled with conjectures and childish drama. They should sue their arse.
Next time, they should put in decent work into making documentaries and not the cut and join drama.
There is a thread on their activities here on Nairaland that is even more interesting than the wack job done by the BBC.

Try get sense before this year ends...you have but a few days.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by providencia(m): 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
NewsForYou:
Rubbish aIl the yeye killing they have been killing them selves them and eiye and what’s the name of the other one. Spoiling Nigeria name locally and internationally. I didn’t even know they have a face like this.
The government should arrest this man and make him responsible for the stupid killings. You will never know what they are fighting over. Useless people.

Stop cultism. It doesn’t add to you. Doesn’t make you strong. Any fight you can’t fight alone is not worth it.

Which government? Lol. It means you didn't actually watch the documentary then
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Badguy77(m): 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2021
DonAlexi:
Cultists showing their face in day time make elebe track them and fall like there of them then they will believe that what bbc said is true

You fit go call them come...All of una go collect..
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Makinaky: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2021
NBM of Africa is Not ... The ideology of NBM of Africa cannot be over emphasize...We are Pan Africanist...

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Bastard1stborn: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2021
Oghene1234:
You have no idea of what you are saying
Nbm of Africa is an ideological presented Organization
It has no relationship with killing bit advocacy for.the safety and lives of all therein

I was born on Monday but not yesterday. I was once a student and I know the real ideologies during and after school days of NBM members.

Egede no be ordinary organization. Its not just a frat. I respect NMB but a lot has to be done to make it more sexy and alluring to attract decent, ambitious and optimistic people. NBM is a different way of life with distinguished culture, ideology and beliefs. It's political structure is far strict, wise and delicate compare to democracy with checks and balance alongside separation of powers.

But like the yellow guy said, there are bad eggs everywhere. Many fraternity doesn't enlight most of their members the reality of their code of conduct, they failed to lay a good foundations as it is written by their constitution. I have not seen their constitution before but I can boldy say it that IT IS NOT ALL CULTIST THAT KILLS AND THEIR IS NO PUNISHMENT FOR NOT BEING A KILLER IF YOU ARE A CULTIST.

There is more to say but I no get time, the more I keep going in life the farther is see things beyond cultist.

An intelligent student will clearly see cultists weakness which will surely throw some vital questions of why and how... When you address this questions, You will realize joining any cult group is damn foolish and unintelligent when compared it's advantages with its disadvantanges. If you go private school, you can leap but look very well.

Having friends who thinks smart like snake and move like a Dove makes you a better person in life.

Aiyes ain't that calm, except those that I've traveled with so much experience combined with wisdom.

Egede spirit is about ideology and radicalism against oppression in any form

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by BlackFlamefromP: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2021
I believe they have to go to court to clear their name once and for all
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by OBALOLA55(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2021
Sabadon:
i think neó blàck movément
YOU THINK grin
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Aboks(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2021
Useless idiots

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Badguy77(m): 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
Madiba147:
The ideology of the movement is neo blackism which is the complex mix of intellectuall radicallism...pan africanism...deep research into african traditional religion and cultures...fraternal relations...secret rights of passage and activism...the embraces peace...say no to oppression. ..say no to terrorism. ..say no to kidnapping and cultism...#nbmisnotblackaxe#
Madiba hail

Kosoko says dodo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Makinaky: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Your reaction is baseless...Because you stand for the critics and not reality...NBM of Africa does not and will never promote violence...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by naijaman2225(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
POSTURING.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by optimus106(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
Bastard1stborn:
Na Egede get mind pass along all the confraternities for Nigeria.

When the devil wants to take over Africa, he will comes in through NBM and Empower them gloriously. Those people are crazy, smart, intelligent, straight forward and unpredicted.

They are real niggas but too cruel and blood thirsty. See that yellow man wey dey talk self... Hmmmmmm I can't imagine when he was still in school

What about the Fulani killer herdsmen...why can't you fools fight and kill them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by PennywysCares(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
Useless cultist
BBC should not apologies to those shit faces cultist.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Thunderfayayou: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
purpulrain:
Strong men

Na so my cousin dey talk! Strong men! Strong men! Until they met him alone in Akwa ibom and turned him to disabled.

Nobody don get your time one on one! Dem go use acid rebirth you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Bastard1stborn: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
optimus106:

What about the Fulani killer herdsmen...why can't you fools fight and kill them?

Are you mad?

I tell you dative aiyes?
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by AleAirHub(m): 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2021
Garbage angry
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2021
Badguy77:

You fit go call them come...All of una go collect..
na mouth won kill you be that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / E-Money, Obi Cubana & Kanayo O Kanayo Dance At An Event (Video) / Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.