Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,788 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) (39096 Views)

Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? / Moghalu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa, Tells Nigerians What To Do / Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Tribu(m): 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
owagbeba:

What do you mean apologize? Apologize for airing what you and I know as the truth? I don’t get this. Is Blackaxe not NBM? Are they not involved in extrajudicial killings just like other hideous groups you find in the University?

When are we all gonna grow brain and decide to get thing right in this country?

And the clowns want to go court? Where their heinous crimes will be further exposed in court? ... jeez! This attitude is typical of our Nigerian leaders. When they get exposed, they lie, lie some more and double down on the lies.

Hey Mr. U still have not gotten this, or you just being sentimental (probably u belong to another confra). Nobody is promoting cultism here. The reports on BBC is targeted at defaming NBM and its members many of whom are not criminals. That there's a bad egg(s) in an organization does not make the entire organization evil. You will be surprise to know that many people you revere and respect in your immediate environment are members. What will you do if you find out, loose your respect for them??

And, why is the focus just on NBM?

2 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Tribu(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2021
Bullion4all:
Both BBC and the so called Journalist that made this Dense, unintelligent broadcast or allegation must be working for those that are enemies of NBM and they should be brought to book. NBM IS NOT

Blemishing or Mollycoddling the good name and good works of NBM wouldn't stop them from contributing to the society and the world at large.
IF THEIR ALLEGATION WAS TRUE AS THEM SAY WHY WILL THOSE BEEN INTERVIEWED ON THE VIDEO BE ON MASK?

Most people blemishing the name (NBM) are enemies of the good organisation and members of those evil cult groups in Nigeria, they are working to bring down and tarnish the name of NBM but as we know what Is good is good. NBM IS NOT A CULT OR TERRORIST GROUP

It's obvious that the documentary is a targeted documentary by the enemies. If not, why the lopsided report?
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Tribu(m): 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
edwardsmith:
This is a complete defamation of character and réputation of a registered organisation under the Law (CAC) guiding the fédéral républic of Nigeria.
BBC has committed offence of libel and slander.

I observed from the short vidéo that the journalist aim of the documentary was personal and biased because you will clearly hear him say he is doing this because of his friend Who was a cultist that was shot dead about 20years ago.

NBM OF AFRICA WORLDWIDE is a Pan African Movement that is dedicated to upholding the intergrity and dignity of Africa and its members. Its a highly disciplined Organization that crime or any form of insubordination is not allowed or accepted.

Its very disppointing that BBC and his racist journalism (which has been their modus operandi) has resorted to tarnishing the image of a well certifiéd Organization that have products of Doctors, Lawyers, Government officials, musicians and other fields of professions.

Its very obvious now that some hoodlums and street urchins will commit crime and possess illégal guns and once they are caught instead of charging them as criminals they will say they belong to NBM which is false. Because NBM has never and will never instruct its members to commit crime.

But not withstanding, as an ultimatum has been giving to BBC. If they fail to comply and apologize they will surely face the legal wrath of the organisation members WORLDWIDE.

I rest my case.
Test and see that the Lord is Good.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by samsonikpe: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2021
Nbm we all know is not cult or terrorist group, nbm is a pan-African organization used in promoting Africa culture and heritage, law abiding people and the society have benefited from nbm through charity activities that where carry out in different perspective distribution of health activities to different health factors which everybody knows

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Tribu(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2021
Collins9156:

Not that all ,the reporter from the information that's coming out he's an Eiye member too.

Obviously
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by enebaino: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2021
NBM is non religious, non ethnic and non tribalistic organization and has nothing to do with criminality. I don't see anything wrong with the documentary but trying to tag NBM with criminality is wrong. NBM has nothing to hide to the public. There are bad elements in every organization that doesn't make the organization itself bad.
Metrix147:
The fire stoked by the recent BBC documentary in which it accused NBM of Africa of derailing from a human right defence organization to a violent cult group is far from over as the group gives BBC seven (7) days ultimatum to retract the said defamatory content or face legal action.

In a letter dated 17th December, 2021, , NBM of Africa vowed to proceed to court to seek redress if BBC fails to retract the alleged defamation, insisting that it is determined to redeem the integrity of NBM through all means lawful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqPdxCh3pvw
In a release on Tuesday signed by the Chairman Body of Founders of the group, Comrade Ernest Amadasun, NBM of Africa alleged that there is grand conspiracy to discredit it by individuals and groups who are heavily funded.

The group insists that if any of its members is found to be involved in crime, such member should be arrested and prosecuted in court of law, saying the name of NBM of Africa should not be linked to personal wrong action of a member.

It says, "The recent Online broadcast/publication and documentary produce by British Broadcasting Corporation against our organization NBM of Africa otherwise known as of Africa has necessitated this Press Briefing in order to put the records in the right perspective."

NBM of Africa continued, "It is therefore embarrassing and against best global practice in broadcasting and journalism for British Broadcasting Corporation otherwise known as BBC and its allies to produce and broadcast defamatory documentary online through YouTube and segment of its organization known as the African EYE against the integrity of NBM of Africa.

"In the said online broadcast and documentary by British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC persistently referred to our NBM of Africa as and allude to unfounded facts that NBM of Africa involves in violence and criminality.

"The defamatory documentary and broadcast which has gone viral on the internet and further broadcasted by BBC on the 19th day of December, 2021 defamed and disparaged our organization’s reputation and character with obvious consequences that have caused NBM loss and divestment of integrity by prudent members of the society, which has caused our organization to be held in abysmal disdain, disrespect and odium by ordinary and prudent members of the society."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/alleged-defamation-retract-now-or-meet-us-in-court-nbm-of-africa-tells-bbc-video/
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Kirkiebaby: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2021
Just because they can’t have their way into the movement, they’re paid grin grin BBC we meet in court.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Tribu(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2021
DonjazzyPikin:
I think some of you here are clueless.. How on earth will you be calling NBM a cult group??

.. Equity and Justice for all.

Which part of it don't you understand??

If una no use una number 6, we go use number 7 for una oo �

grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Love4all24: 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2021
MPESA:

All this your Nonsense episodes na to change the narrative of ENDSARS and back this failed Government.... NONSENSICAL NONSENSE....

Useless BMC.

Read to understand
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by owagbeba: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
Tribu:

Hey Mr. U still have not gotten this, or you just being sentimental (probably u belong to another confra). Nobody is promoting cultism here. The reports on BBC is targeted at defaming NBM and its members many of whom are not criminals. That there's a bad egg(s) in an organization does not make the entire organization evil. You will be surprise to know that many people you revere and respect in your immediate environment are members. What will you do if you find out, loose your respect for them??

And, why is the focus just on NBM?

How many times have you seen NBM call a press conference to condemn the conducts of erring members?

How many times have NBM demanded justice for people who were extrajudicially killed by members?

Now back to my earlier reply, you demanded that BBC should apologize for reporting the atrocious activities of NBM members. Why should BBC apologize? Members of NBM in this BBC report described abdominal crimes committed. Has NBM done anything about these crimes by members if they were such a noble organization?

2 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Standard47: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2021
Little did I know BBC would stand so low to bring up false documentary portraying NBM as .. NBM has never been and will never be. Kudos to the MBOF for the great move✊�

2 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by enebaino: 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
NBM has suspended and expelled lots of erring members. NBM had also lend it voice during the endsars protest, NBM had also send relief materials to flood victims when part of the Niger Delta region was flooded, NBM has and is doing lots of humanitarian services. The list is endless. A criminal is a criminal but you can't use the crime of one man to judge the organization. We have heard stories of lots of Nigerian youths engaging in internet fraud does that mean we are all into fraud? We have heard of some Nigerians engaging in one crime or the other, does that make us all criminals? We want to catch these criminals as well, if you see any member erring, you can write us. But to tag an organization or dent the image of an organization for the crime of one person is malicious, except the journalist has something he's not telling us.
owagbeba:

How many times have you seen NBM call a press conference to condemn the conducts of erring members?

How many times have NBM demanded justice for people who were extrajudicially killed by members?

Now back to my earlier reply, you demanded that BBC should apologize for reporting the atrocious activities of NBM members. Why should BBC apologize? Members of NBM in this BBC report described abdominal crimes committed. Has NBM done anything about these crimes by members if they were such a noble organization?

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Tribu(m): 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
owagbeba:

It's an organization, i believe they have a way of condemning or even punishing their erring members (they may not necessarily call a press conference for that).

Just some months ago or also, some guys who claimed they are members almost got a lady killed, it was said that other members of the same organization handed those guys to the police. What do you make of that?Perhaps, there are many other cases like that they have fished out the bad eggs to the authority.

I still don't get, is there any member in the said report that admitted being a member of NBM and committed those crimes (forget about the masked 'members')?

2 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by criuze(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
casppyjay:
if u were a genie in the bottle u would av beeen too real to ignore

The truth it so glaring that I needn't be a fairytale to point at it

I hope they all understand this and change
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by owagbeba: 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
enebaino:
NBM has suspended and expelled lots of erring members. NBM had also lend it voice during the endsars protest, NBM had also send relief materials to flood victims when part of the Niger Delta region was flooded, NBM has and is doing lots of humanitarian services. The list is endless. A criminal is a criminal but you can't use the crime of one man to judge the organization. We have heard stories of lots of Nigerian youths engaging in internet fraud does that mean we are all into fraud? We have heard of some Nigerians engaging in one crime or the other, does that make us all criminals? We want to catch these criminals as well, if you see any member erring, you can write us. But to tag an organization or dent the image of an organization for the crime of one person is malicious, except the journalist has something he's not telling us.

I reckon you take lightly the meaning of the words -extrajudicial killing. The testimonies are not one but many reports of members of NBM in clashes with other organizations, which often leads to death, mutilation and other atrocities. Funny enough, if NBM were expelling erring members, I doubt there will any member left in tertiary institutions.

Italian media last year aired report on NBM activities in Napoli and Firenze. These dodgy activities made the Italian prosecution to go after many Nigerians. Many NBM members were arrested and jailed. The crimes involved racketeering, forced prostitution, human trafficking etc.

All these do not sound like an organization really determined to expel illegals amongst her ranks.

The saddest part is the recruitment of high school kids.... what a benign organization, indeed.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by aytglobal: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
To me I don't see the way NBM is related to cultism. I have read about them a lot in the dailies doing bulk of humanitarian services they are saving people's life and cultism is all about blood shed.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by owagbeba: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
Tribu:

It's an organization, i believe they have a way of condemning or even punishing their erring members (they may not necessarily call a press conference for that).

Just some months ago or also, some guys who claimed they are members almost got a lady killed, it was said that other members of the same organization handed those guys to the police. What do you make of that?Perhaps, there are many other cases like that they have fished out the bad eggs to the authority.

I still don't get, is there any member in the said report that admitted being a member of NBM and committed those crimes (forget about the masked 'members')?

Brother, reports on the activities of members of this organization and others like them are not a good read.

This is a report by the Guardian:

https://guardian.ng/news/italy-arrests-30-nigerian-mafia-members/

These ulcers borne out of thuggery at local institutions here in Nigeria has really spread across Europe. The head of this movement was arrested in Italy. That’s how culpable the leadership are in some of these illegalities.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Antoeni(m): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2021
208 Times 40 Years
dfrost:

That's exaggerating to say the least. That's like 208 killed in a day.

Not possible please.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by feji2000: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
By God's grace ,no amount of cheap blackmail from misinformed imperialists and their pay masters will deter the NBM of Africa from its prospective mission of reclaiming Africa's lost heritage and cultural integrity as well as combating the ills levied against Social Justice and Equality of our people. "We would not let Neo-Colonialists tell our story as Africans when we can tell it ourselves". Kudos to the Founders of this Noble and largest black organization for setting the record straight. #nbmsinotblackaxe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Image of Nigeria? I guess you're good with the number of individuals who die out of cult related activities daily, the future of youths that cultists has truncated, but you're more concerned telling the world that the truth isn't fact, while youths die, right?

i will never support or promote cultism

all i am saying is that, the bbc should not dent the image of innocent Nigerians

sometimes the international Media might paint the story wrong to get more publicity, this in a long run would be very bad for Nigerians
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
owagbeba:

What do you mean apologize? Apologize for airing what you and I know as the truth? I don’t get this. Is Blackaxe not NBM? Are they not involved in extrajudicial killings just like other hideous groups you find in the University?

When are we all gonna grow brain and decide to get thing right in this country?

And the clowns want to go court? Where their heinous crimes will be further exposed in court? ... jeez! This attitude is typical of our Nigerian leaders. When they get exposed, they lie, lie some more and double down on the lies.

the law enforcement should do thier job

i hate cultist more than anyone

that documentary was met to ridiculed the nation
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by NoBones: 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2021
Idiots, killers
You will all die by the sword one day, your organization is a killer Organization.
Idiots
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Thunderfayayou: 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2021
blaqtom:

God bless you brother....may your conscience judge u for what u wish ur cousin

You're a complete Fowl.

I narrated an incident that happened years ago and your here vomiting trash. If you want continue dey carry cult for your head like dandruff.

When e go hit you, remember an angel here once tried to save your Damned soul but you refused

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by dfrost: 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
Antoeni:
208 Times 40 Years

= 8,320. He said 75,000... Haba? angry
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by nagalee(m): 12:20am On Dec 22, 2021
CrazyGranddad:
Shameless Grandpa.

Denying that NBM isn't is like denying Nigeria doesn't begin with an N.

Murderous fools.
they can track you down. Must you insult.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Ovis1302(m): 12:39am On Dec 22, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
Please how can one JOIN them?
I Love Intellectuals a lot.
I Love being around sound minds & not Fools
Have you thought of Rotary Club?
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Lucasino(m): 12:42am On Dec 22, 2021
Dodorima
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

BBC should always use thier number 6

Or else we go use number 7 for them

Let our spirit shine all over the world
So that we may live forever ever...

I rep futa jallon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Love4all24: 2:47am On Dec 22, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

What of the cases with yhe FBI and the one in Dubai? Is that defamation also? You might as well sue the FBI nah

This is where intelligence comes to play. The video this man added in the documentary of Dubai was actually of Vikings. And even at that, the Vikings do not force you to kill or rob. You simply decide your own path. There’s a big difference between this and the Italian mafia model. You need to see this using an open mind.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Love4all24: 2:54am On Dec 22, 2021
Qualer:

stop spewing brain farts in public! you have no idea what you're yapping about!

Lol. No wam.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by ThuGGeR147: 3:19am On Dec 22, 2021
Egede you dey game abeg....7up.... wink
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

BBC should always use thier number 6

Or else we go use number 7 for them

Let our spirit shine all over the world
So that we may live forever ever...

I rep futa jallon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 5:23am On Dec 22, 2021
Love4all24:

This is where intelligence comes to play. The video this man added in the documentary of Dubai was actually of Vikings. And even at that, the Vikings do not force you to kill or rob. You simply decide your own path. There’s a big difference between this and the Italian mafia model. You need to see this using an open mind.

Funny you speak of intelligence.
He was talking of , not vikings or other cults. That's the problem with you all. You like to deflectand point fingers elswhere when hit with the truth. I dont see what is defamation of character about this. If these things didnt come to light, what efforts have the cult been taking to get rid of the criminals among them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / E-Money, Obi Cubana & Kanayo O Kanayo Dance At An Event (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.