Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) (39097 Views)

Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? / Moghalu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa, Tells Nigerians What To Do / Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by ObongIdeas: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2021
I hope the lecturer at UNIBEN who was interviewed in the documentary is safe
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Zenithpeak(m): 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Love4all24:
The BBC documentary committed a lot of fundamental errors and it is right to highlight these.

First, NBM and most other confraternities in Nigeria do not necessarily force you to kill, rob or indulge in crime. I’m saying this because I grew up amongst these people. You are directly responsible for the individual path you choose to follow. The documentary made it seem like NBM tells its members to deal in drugs, fraud, human trafficking and murder. Like every organization on earth, you cannot subject your members to a particular life style. Tuface, Larry Gaga, Davido,Burna Boy, Daddy Showkey, Vector and many more are reputable members of the organization. They are not criminals. Trying then to project the NBM as a type of Mafia where everyone is in on the crime is totally and morally wrong. Yes, there are bad people in NBM but NBM does not make people bad.

Second, the use of footages from EndSARS thugs and other Eiye members arrested in Europe as members of NBM is wrong. The gathering of street thugs as members of NBM is wrong. I’m saying this because I know for a fact that that isn’t what NBM is about. There’s an agenda here to push NBM and other confraternities as those responsible for the mayhem sponsored by politicians during EndSARS

Third, the reporter, is on record to defend the federal government during ENDSARS and denied there was a massacre. All is deliberate to change the narrative. It won’t fly!

Those stupid old fools celebrating their unfortunate wasteful life out there forgot to tell us what NBM.. aka..... is all about. Maybe you could help them out by telling us the aims and objectives of the fratanity....

They are what they are..... And we know them for sure.

If someone is wearing black over black with 7 in his hand in the late ours of an ungodly night... Shebi na water he dey go fetch for borehole abi

Awon were ma s'anfani gbogbo.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by MPESA(m): 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Love4all24:
The BBC documentary committed a lot of fundamental errors and it is right to highlight these.

First, NBM and most other confraternities in Nigeria do not necessarily force you to kill, rob or indulge in crime. I’m saying this because I grew up amongst these people. You are directly responsible for the individual path you choose to follow. The documentary made it seem like NBM tells its members to deal in drugs, fraud, human trafficking and murder. Like every organization on earth, you cannot subject your members to a particular life style. Tuface, Larry Gaga, Davido,Burna Boy, Daddy Showkey, Vector and many more are reputable members of the organization. They are not criminals. Trying then to project the NBM as a type of Mafia where everyone is in on the crime is totally and morally wrong. Yes, there are bad people in NBM but NBM does not make people bad.

Second, the use of footages from EndSARS thugs and other Eiye members arrested in Europe as members of NBM is wrong. The gathering of street thugs as members of NBM is wrong. I’m saying this because I know for a fact that that isn’t what NBM is about. There’s an agenda here to push NBM and other confraternities as those responsible for the mayhem sponsored by politicians during EndSARS

Third, the reporter, is on record to defend the federal government during ENDSARS and denied there was a massacre. All is deliberate to change the narrative. It won’t fly!

All this your Nonsense episodes na to change the narrative of ENDSARS and back this failed Government.... NONSENSICAL NONSENSE....

Useless BMC.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Masterkernel1: 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
obehi247:

i care about the image of nigeria and Nigerians

have you wonder or think of the negative impact of the documentary to the image of nigeria and Nigerians

Image of Nigeria? I guess you're good with the number of individuals who die out of cult related activities daily, the future of youths that cultists has truncated, but you're more concerned telling the world that the truth isn't fact, while youths die, right?
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Mayhem1: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
Please how can one JOIN them?
I Love Intellectuals a lot.
I Love being around sound minds & not Fools
are you not a fool yourself

2 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Collins9156(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2021
Love4all24:

Not that all ,the reporter from the information that's coming out he's an Eiye member too.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by rajiedreez: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
Shey na lie ni
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by edwardsmith: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
This is a complete defamation of character and réputation of a registered organisation under the Law (CAC) guiding the fédéral républic of Nigeria.
BBC has committed offence of libel and slander.

I observed from the short vidéo that the journalist aim of the documentary was personal and biased because you will clearly hear him say he is doing this because of his friend Who was a cultist that was shot dead about 20years ago.

NBM OF AFRICA WORLDWIDE is a Pan African Movement that is dedicated to upholding the intergrity and dignity of Africa and its members. Its a highly disciplined Organization that crime or any form of insubordination is not allowed or accepted.

Its very disppointing that BBC and his racist journalism (which has been their modus operandi) has resorted to tarnishing the image of a well certifiéd Organization that have products of Doctors, Lawyers, Government officials, musicians and other fields of professions.

Its very obvious now that some hoodlums and street urchins will commit crime and possess illégal guns and once they are caught instead of charging them as criminals they will say they belong to NBM which is false. Because NBM has never and will never instruct its members to commit crime.

But not withstanding, as an ultimatum has been giving to BBC. If they fail to comply and apologize they will surely face the legal wrath of the organisation members WORLDWIDE.

I rest my case.
Test and see that the Lord is Good.

2 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by blaqtom(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Na so my cousin dey talk! Strong men! Strong men! Until they met him alone in Akwa ibom and turned him to disabled.

Nobody don get your time one on one! Dem go use acid rebirth you.

You boasting about your cousin's misfortune ur own blood? Shame on u... Am very sure you were envious of his life style and prayed night and day for His downfall so u can mock him... when u heard the news U felt relieve or happy right.....something tells me u an injew ur self am praying for ur soul
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by CaptainAyub: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
obehi247:
Just because Boko Haram is a terrorist group in Nigeria does not mean every Nigerians are terrorist

BBC should apologize now
47 man grin
Na them
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by CaptainAyub: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

BBC should always use thier number 6

Or else we go use number 7 for them

Let our spirit shine all over the world
So that we may live forever ever...

I rep futa jallon
Damn niggaarrrr.
So,you is a wise man?
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Baillie: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
Sometimes I wonder why Nigerians minds are full of hatred. NBM is not a criminal organization as so many people sees it. As the Yoruba adage says what is facing some people is backing some people like the talking drum. NBM as an organization touched so many people’s life positively. When you don’t move closer to them you never no what they stands for.

3 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Sureblack47: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
Bam FJ material
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

BBC should always use thier number 6

Or else we go use number 7 for them

Let our spirit shine all over the world
So that we may live forever ever...

I rep futa jallon

No wonder, I've always thought you are a cultist. You behave like one

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by optimus106(m): 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Bastard1stborn:

Are you mad?

I tell you dative aiyes?

Leave indian hemp alone, you say no...read the rubbish you typed...foolish illiterate.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by wixzey: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2021
We all know the intent of the colonial/imperialist institutions like the BBC. They want to mute every rising African Voices like NBM knowing that if Africa comes to full self realization and attain full freedom that their economy will be seriously in crisis. This is a great move by the NBM of Africa and it will come with success. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by owagbeba: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2021
obehi247:
Just because Boko Haram is a terrorist group in Nigeria does not mean every Nigerians are terrorist

BBC should apologize now

What do you mean apologize? Apologize for airing what you and I know as the truth? I don’t get this. Is Blackaxe not NBM? Are they not involved in extrajudicial killings just like other hideous groups you find in the University?

When are we all gonna grow brain and decide to get thing right in this country?

And the clowns want to go court? Where their heinous crimes will be further exposed in court? ... jeez! This attitude is typical of our Nigerian leaders. When they get exposed, they lie, lie some more and double down on the lies.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by William000111: 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
For me, i believe NBM will and can never be
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Codes151(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
Wetin this fool Dey talk?

Is it a lie?
Smh
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Whitemanyu: 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
A sitting US President once led an insurrection against his own country, FBI /CIA conspired to kill julian assange in the UK if he was ever allowed to leave for another country, Putin and Mohammed bin salman have both sent killer squads to eliminate their enemies in other countries, etc. Funny how we don't see BBC documentaries about these murderous elements who occupy important positions on the world stage. And yet the colonial masters, in conjunction with their nigerian puppets (people who are regretting the group they joined in school seeing as they have no alumni body to celebrate) are quick to put out a wishy-washy documentary about a world class organisation.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Thunderfayayou: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
blaqtom:

You boasting about your cousin's misfortune ur own blood? Shame on u... Am very sure you were envious of his life style and prayed night and day for His downfall so u can mock him... when u heard the news U felt relieve or happy right.....something tells me u an injew ur self am praying for ur soul

Thunder kee you useless creature. You think anyone is interested in this your manipulations. If you like continue dey kill people calling yourself strong man. You will meet your Waterloo soon fool.

You just finished smoking cow dung and borrowed Data to come and yarn banza here twattttt!

3 Likes

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by blaqtom(m): 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Thunder kee you useless creature. You think anyone is interested in this your manipulations. If you like continue dey kill people calling yourself strong man. You will meet your Waterloo soon fool.

You just finished smoking cow dung and borrowed Data to come and yarn banza here twattttt!
God bless you brother....may your conscience judge u for what u wish ur cousin
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by komodapson(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
Love4all24:

I read your write up and I quite agree with some of your submissions, but I'm of the opinion why the doc focus on NBM solely?

OK..agreed..."the documentary anchor claimed his childhood friend "dapo" was dropped by Axemen"...fine

How about Pirates confraternity founded by likes Prof Wole
Other fraternities like Ogboni, lodge, Armoc does exist till today for Nigeria, yet nothing is being said or reported by BBC.

Inasmuch I do not support cultism, the BBC reportage is unbalanced and they were in a hurry to push false narrative out there.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by komodapson(m): 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
Whitemanyu:
A sitting US President once led an insurrection against his own country, FBI /CIA conspired to kill julian assange in the UK if he was ever allowed to leave for another country, Putin and Mohammed bin salman have both sent killer squads to eliminate their enemies in other countries, etc. Funny how we don't see BBC documentaries about these murderous elements who occupy important positions on the world stage.

God no go shame you...mehn!!! This was born out of deep thinking
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by mediainc: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2021
Yeah, so let them mobilize and go confront Boko Haram and iswap and Ipob, killing blacks.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Jimmy231: 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2021
Eiye done almost kill them finish for here
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Tribu(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
komodapson:

I read your write up and I quite agree with some of your submissions, but I'm of the opinion why the doc focus on NBM solely?

OK..agreed..."the documentary anchor claimed his childhood friend "dapo" was dropped by Axemen"...fine

How about Pirates confraternity founded by likes Prof Wole
Other fraternities like Ogboni, lodge, Armoc does exist till today for Nigeria, yet nothing is being said or reported by BBC.

Inasmuch I do not support cultism, the BBC reportage is unbalanced and they were in a hurry to push false narrative out there.

It all sentiments bro. I also wonder why. On a serious note, all these documentaries and castigation of NBM is putting them on a more global scale. I remember in GST during my undergrad, there's a question that asked; what's the most dreaded cult group in Nigeria? The answer was probably NBM, i now ask, as a teen with youthful exorbitant growing up in such an environment who would not want to join the most dreaded cult (ask many the reasons why they join a cult).

Much should be done rather than this loopsided report on a particular cult while there are many out there. Even doing worse.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by paperboi147: 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
Nbm
The way of life
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by David0011: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
NBM is way of life , not what they are saying, please don't say what you don't know about NBM ,
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by dfrost: 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2021
Antoeni:
These old Haggling looking Murders should bury their faces in Shame, This Useless Cult Group is Responsible for the Death of Over 3 Million Youth Since Founded over 40 Years Ago in University of Benin

That's exaggerating to say the least. That's like 208 killed in a day.

Not possible please.
Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Method147(m): 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2021
When ever there is cry of oppression neo blackism begins, men hail men, I rep Ebonyi zone.

1 Like

Re: Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) by Bullion4all: 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
Both BBC and the so called Journalist that made this Dense, unintelligent broadcast or allegation must be working for those that are enemies of NBM and they should be brought to book. NBM IS NOT

Blemishing or Mollycoddling the good name and good works of NBM wouldn't stop them from contributing to the society and the world at large.
IF THEIR ALLEGATION WAS TRUE AS THEM SAY WHY WILL THOSE BEEN INTERVIEWED ON THE VIDEO BE ON MASK?

Most people blemishing the name (NBM) are enemies of the good organisation and members of those evil cult groups in Nigeria, they are working to bring down and tarnish the name of NBM but as we know what Is good is good. NBM IS NOT A CULT OR TERRORIST GROUP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / E-Money, Obi Cubana & Kanayo O Kanayo Dance At An Event (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.