Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House (32238 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by SeriouslySense(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
simple
1x2x3:
A hungry man is indeed an angry man. Oga smoke then go back inside to eat. There's no big deal as long as food reach everyone.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Pataricatering(f): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

Dear sir, seeing as you and the guy whose post you quoted are the ones who are genuinely concerned or can think rationally; permit me to tell you a bit more.

I worked all through the night and was famished by the time the day broke this morning. I gave her some dough and told her to prepare me noodles and sardine, emphasizing on the fact that I was very hungry.

NOTE: Her Brother was still asleep at this time.

She prepared the meal, split it into two. Woke up and served her brother first in my guest room before coming to my room to give her hungry husband his food.

I was so mad, I ignored the food, went out to smoke a cigarette. While I was doing that it occured to me ask for advice here, because I didn't want to ask anybody I knew personally.

I still don't know whether to be mad, or to just ignore it. What she did this morning was wrong, and to those that feel otherwise, when you experience that and marriage, let us know how you feel?

I appreciate your comment sir!
abegi , its your ego talking - ur just adding maggi to make people support your.side.of.the story. Cos u already said it had been happening before - were you hungry every single time ?
Ur ego is driving your decision making.
- ur the kind of man women should make a prayer point that God should help them avoid

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by yemi1504: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Perfecttouch:
this your comment doesn't make sense..
She for marry the brother now..

Why can't she just set the table and everyone comes to eat at once?
Why make the husband inferior in his own house?

You can say that again bro! The future and giving attitude when they don't have their way is like 5 and 6 o. Op better playback his wife's reactions for where he rejected her suggestions and she got moody or protested. Chikena.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by coolcare(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Yes because he is a visitor in your house. He will leave soonest.

However This should not be a big deal

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Michaelpsych: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
Yes,if she is the one taking care of the house

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Fiscus105(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
bigjackass:
Courtesy demands she serve the guest first whether her brother or not.

Nobody is dragging head of the house with you undecided

Even when brother still aslept and husband is hungry and planing to go out? Though who serve first is not an issue but wife still need to be corrected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by adelaja70(m): 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
Alabo7978:

Why are everybody not seeing any wrong in the woman's doing?

This woman was called by her husband, given money to make food because he returned hungry and tired.
She opted to serve her brother first BY WAKING HIM UP, before her own husband.
There is everything wrong with this abeg.
It shows the wife cares more about her sleeping brother than her hungry husband.
For Respect sake serve the man who provided the money for the food and was MORE IN NEED of the food than someone who didn't even know there was something cooking.
All these woke people these days sef.
Wetin dis one dey talk... I go even tell my wife to dish my in law food first and later take him to pepper soup joint for normal normal........

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by skywalker240(m): 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:
Hello friends, I'd like to ask intelligent and older minds for advise about an issue before I react.

My wife's elder brother is visiting my house and my wife has been serving his food first before serving and bringing my good, in my own house.

Please I just want to ask if this is wrong or right or even just normal?

I worked all through the night and was famished by the time the day broke this morning. I gave her some dough and told her to prepare me noodles and sardine, emphasizing on the fact that I was very hungry.

She prepared the meal, split it into two. Woke up and served her brother first in my guest room before coming to my room to give her hungry husband his food.

I was so mad, I ignored the food, went out to smoke a cigarette. While I was doing that it occured to me ask for advice here, because I didn't want to ask anybody I knew personally.

I still don't know whether to be mad, or to just ignore it.

I am a strong believer of common sense and respect and her actions this morning lack both! It would have take her less than 30 seconds to give me my food then go wake and serve her brother!

Is she told me she needed money for something and I put my younger sister's need over her's-no matter how tribal her's might be-i know how she'd react and the amount of making up I'd have to do.

I am trying to be very mature about this, that's why I keeping things anonymous?

Besides I'd like to know, I possibly can't be the only person who has experienced this sort of situation because they say there's nothing new under the sun. Please who has ever felt this way, I am very understanding and if something irks me, it would irk every body else too.

Wish I could explain better
Op I won't take that from my wife either, but I believe ts not a big deal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Pataricatering(f): 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

Sir, my vote of confidence was rightly placed and your last question proofs that.

He has been here since I returned from my trip, let's say 8 days now. The first couple of days serving him first was cool, courteous and polite.

Then it became rude, I mean this dude isn't a guest anymore even if he still was; serving him first always is very annoying or offensive or so I think sir!

I am thinking of telling her to stop serving my food for the duration of his stay. It is beginning to seem disrespectful.

About confronting her sir, in real life-lol, I am not a man of many words. Besides I won't like to be seen as petty or immature as some may say. That's why I didn't ask older friends, my elder brother or my folks.

God bless you and meet you at the point of your needs sir!
u know its petty but your ego is pushing you - check your ego !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by yemi1504: 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

If it matters that much to you, open up and tell your wife that she serves you first before her brother.
If it were a one time thing, it wouldn’t have mattered.
She should respect you in front of her brother because I doubt she’d like it if you constantly put your sister first before her.

Some feelings might seem irrational, but we can’t help but feel them.

+1 on this, he should ask why she is doing that first.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by marsup: 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
Why don't you talk to her about it? That's disrespectful and equally stupid. Pls don't tolerate such shit, no matter what. There has to be an order.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Emdebby2: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
Lol......quote author=DICKstractor post=108716395] undecided

Why's everything becoming a problem to this new generation marriage

From the look of things, I don't think the next 5-10 generation can handle marriage

One day your wife go mess, you go say the mess smells so unfamiliar. That it is not from the kind of food you guys eat at home. Meaning, she's cheating

#spits[/quote]
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by adexbols: 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
Richy4:
I was thinking that a proper host will make sure that their guests get served first?
Y are you playing a brother/ sister card man? This is just unnecessarily petty..

This happens when couples do not understand each other's personality/priorities.

If a woman knows she married an egocentric husband, she needs to do thr needful.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Comedian2019: 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
Grow up man!
What's the big deal in that?
Such question can only come from a lazy mind.
I can't allow my wife to serve me until her brother is served. That's called hospitality.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Duke007(m): 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
Dear OP, l have been in your shoes before. Let me tell u somethings that are sacrosantsad1) you are the lord and master of your home (2) you run your home based on your principle(3) you don't need peoples opinion to run your home. Now back to the discourse. My wife did samething for me, she prefers to serve visitors before me. I didnot like this and explained my reasons to her. She agreed with me and the issue was resolved amicably. The key here is open communication. Tell here your feelings and see her change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by patorial(m): 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
Oga if your wife did something you don't like, simply confront her attention. Learn how to solve problems at it's infancy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by BullyBullies: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
OP disregard all the mumu response you've been receiving from some of these folks up there. Only a few have made sense so far. What your wife did by serving her bro food before you is very wrong, culturally and religiously. She MUST respect you (hope you respect her too), whether it's her father or her brother. You are her husband, she must serve you first before her brother. It's even stupid if her considering the fact that you worked through the night and gave her money to make noodles for you coz you were very hungry whilst her bro was still sleeping, and she had to go wake him up first to serve him food before serving her husband who asked her to make the food in the first place coz he was hungry. Tell her straight to never do that again. It is very wrong, forget what these clowns are saying up there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by yemi1504: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

Dear sir, seeing as you and the guy whose post you quoted are the ones who are genuinely concerned or can think rationally; permit me to tell you a bit more.

I still don't know whether to be mad, or to just ignore it. What she did this morning was wrong, and to those that feel otherwise, when you experience that and marriage, let us know how you feel?

I appreciate your comment sir!

I am surprised Nairalanders are ignoring where she clearly knew he was famished and hungry and went to serve the sleeping and probably not hungry brother instead. That is a huge red flag and must be addressed by talking to her about the issue. By the way, I am that kind of person that analyzes people's behaviors quite well as I am an introvert, a very unsettling one at that, so I will not be siding with the majority views on this thread, don't do such anyways, as I don't think based on emotions and what is normal but rather logic and what is proper. My 2 cents.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by olaodun: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
Oga people have spoken , The woman has not done anything wrong because the visitor will soon go back and also the visitor should be treated like a king for honoring your family thru this visit , you are the head of the family even if the food is not enough the visitor should not know.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Fiscus105(m): 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
Reference:

The only two points of benefit (and I say this with serious doubt) I may give her is the culture of serving visitors first and possibly the fact that the fellow maybe older than you.
But in all common sense it appears she has not 'left father and mother' and is 'clinging' to you.
This is more likely the case and it is prevalent in most cases of this kind.
Once again in my experience it is an indication of inadequate or absent courtship where sensibilities are settled.

My advice is: mention it in passing and seek to correct that error of judgement kindly as there may be no malice intended. As a first time action assume it was done out of ignorance. I fully understand your feelings.

Check that lady, she is brought up by single mother, ...........my pastor says she can't encourage his son to marry lady that her mother divorce her father. Though I'm not follow her submission o,but it would always show.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by gram: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
Your wife will always have you. She will not always have her brother, so let her honor him for the short time he’s spending with you. Think about that.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Fiscus105(m): 6:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
mardis:
Op, forget all those saying, there is nothing wrong in it. Infact everything is wrong with it. I am very sure majority of them aren't married so they don't see it they way you are seeing it. If it was her parents i would understand. Her brother stay your house shouldn't exeed 3days, he should go stay in a hotel. Culture and tradition permit a wife to serve her husband first before others. It is respect. The brother should even be the one to correct that.
Please talk to her, just do it in a calm way, so she can understand and correct herself.

In fact a wife that was trained very well, which she also abide by the training, will serve her husband before her own parents, husband's parents and pastor, its husband that is her crown and not any other person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by showafrica(m): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:
Hello friends, I'd like to ask intelligent and older minds for advise about an issue before I react.

My wife's elder brother is visiting my house and my wife has been serving his food first before serving and bringing my good, in my own house.

Please I just want to ask if this is wrong or right or even just normal?

I still don't know whether to be mad, or to just ignore it.

I am a strong believer of common sense and respect and her actions this morning lack both! It would have take her less than 30 seconds to give me my food then go wake and serve her brother!

Is she told me she needed money for something and I put my younger sister's need over her's-no matter how tribal her's might be-i know how she'd react and the amount of making up I'd have to do.

I am trying to be very mature about this, that's why I keeping things anonymous?

Besides I'd like to know, I possibly can't be the only person who has experienced this sort of situation because they say there's nothing new under the sun. Please who has ever felt this way, I am very understanding and if something irks me, it would irk every body else too.

Wish I could explain better

Its not right... But may be she doesn't know. The way i am close to my wife, i would ask her why she's disturbing someone sleeping and why she prefer to serve him before me. Whatever she says, i would say ok....by then she go begin reason the matter. If she no. Change, i will setup return match. Invite my sis and prioritize her before her. I am sure score will settle instantly. Na brain i dey use follow women.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by BullyBullies: 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

Shut up please. Incoherent fool!

You don't need to waste your time replying some of these kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by yemi1504: 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
BullyBullies:
OP disregard all the mumu response you've been receiving from some of these folks up there. Only a few have made sense so far. What your wife did by serving her bro food before you is very wrong, culturally and religiously. She MUST respect you (hope you respect her too), whether it's her father or her brother. You are her husband, she must serve you first before her brother. It's even stupid if her considering the fact that you worked through the night and gave her money to make noodles for you coz you were very hungry whilst her bro was still sleeping, and she had to go wake him up first to serve him food before serving her husband who asked her to make the food in the first place coz he was hungry. Tell her straight to never do that again. It is very wrong, forget what these clowns are saying up there.

I am happy to see great minds think alike based on logic on this one. What she did was clearly disrespect and needs to be nipped in the bud as the man as soon as you can because respect is also key for a marriage to last. Our mothers understood that, that is why most of their marriages lasted long. Don't even get me started on this generation's women on that issue of respect and disrespect in a home.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Bifwoli: 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
ignis:
She have been together with the brother long before she met you.
Its not about longevity ,it is about proper protocol...even in court or any legal documents,living will or hospitalization they will seek her husband's consent ,opinion or signature for any procedure. NOT HER BROTHER coz her husband comes 1st in the eyes of legal matters.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Rhozabeth(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
I read thru a lot of comments here i see a lot of immature responses and most people here dont know the creature called woman!
Bros, mark my words, this small thing u have nnoticed, if u don't nip it in d bud, i swear by the time the real issues start, u will no longer be able to handle it. Plus it were to be ur brother that was there, am sure it won't be the same!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by thaprofit88: 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
Someone asked for advice and in return he gets a bag of insults from equally frustrated people who think they know what they are saying. Op when next you have an issue, don’t bring it here. They’ve never even experienced something like that in their lives.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Fiscus105(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
Pataricatering:
You don't know whether you are angry or.not ?. You had to rush here to.let.your fellow men determine whether you should be angry or not ? Lol
Her older brother is a guest and guests should be served first as a courtesy.
P.S - you are not.a king just a husband- if.you were.so hungry you could have gone into the kitchen to dish food for yourself .

........pity foolish ass that would following' ur thrash.......

Not even ur husband but ur rapper

If truly u re lady as ur moniker carries, I'm very sure u re brought up single handedly by ur mama, and I will salute man that you would end up in his house eventually. He needs more than endurance if u won't be thrown house before 3rd year wedding anniversary.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by zomoears(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bola146:
As for me I don't see anything bad in that, it's a way to show honour and respect to him, it's just a visit not forever, he will soon go to his house.

NB If you truly want a happy home, don't seek advice on social media, those kids who can't maintain a week relationship will advise you astray. What works for A might not work for B.

Even with your modifications, it's the same thing!!! Is the man living forever in your house? Why come here to rant instead of telling your wife directly that she did something wrong?! You see why I always said good communication with intimacy are good in every home especially with this teens getting married everyday. I know he will still come back to ask if it's good for his wife to be greeting him every morning or late in the night grin grin orishirishi undecided Dear Lord have mercy on us all

You seem not to understand his mindset. I do! cos I have been there, and since I resolved it, this sort of stuff cannot happen in my house unless I conclude t to it.

As a rule, the head of the house should be served first! Please, do not ever compromise this. Even if my father or her father or any pastor for that matter is on the table, the Head of This Particular Household gets the first dish. I will give them same honour when I go to their houses. It’s my right, let me chose to relinquish it, not you choosing for me.

Secondly, I am hungry and I request for a special meal urgently, and you feel someone who is asleep on a bed somewhere needs it more urgently than me? Something must be wrong with your upbringing!

That said, no need to address it now that the brother is around. But by God, address it once and for all after he has gone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by yemi1504: 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

Sir, my vote of confidence was rightly placed and your last question proofs that.

He has been here since I returned from my trip, let's say 8 days now. The first couple of days serving him first was cool, courteous and polite.

Then it became rude, I mean this dude isn't a guest anymore even if he still was; serving him first always is very annoying or offensive or so I think sir!

I am thinking of telling her to stop serving my food for the duration of his stay. It is beginning to seem disrespectful.

About confronting her sir, in real life-lol, I am not a man of many words. Besides I won't like to be seen as petty or immature as some may say. That's why I didn't ask older friends, my elder brother or my folks.

God bless you and meet you at the point of your needs sir!

Sorry to cut you off here, it is not beginning to seem disrespectful, but it is rather disrespectful! Let us call a spade a spade! And the earlier you nip this in the bud by talking to her about it vehemently and taking drastic actions if she refuses to stop, the better! Feminism is really doing a whole lot to marriages and women thinking these days SMH. Just a heads up! And it might also to be time to ask the shameless elder brother the uncomfortable but necessary question when he will leave as he has clearly overworn his welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy / Nnamdi Ogbogu, Missing Person In Lagos (Photos) / Different Types Of Adults That Should Be Wished Happy Children’s Day (meme Colle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.