Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House (32195 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by UjuJoan2: 7:57am On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:
Hello friends, I'd like to ask intelligent and older minds for advise about an issue before I react.

My wife's elder brother is visiting my house and my wife has been serving his food first before serving and bringing my good, in my own house.

Please I just want to ask if this is wrong or right or even just normal?

I worked all through the night and was famished by the time the day broke this morning. I gave her some dough and told her to prepare me noodles and sardine, emphasizing on the fact that I was very hungry.

NOTE: Her Brother was still asleep at this time.

She prepared the meal, split it into two. Woke up and served her brother first in my guest room before coming to my room to give her hungry husband his food.

I was so mad, I ignored the food, went out to smoke a cigarette. While I was doing that it occured to me ask for advice here, because I didn't want to ask anybody I knew personally.

I still don't know whether to be mad, or to just ignore it.

I am a strong believer of common sense and respect and her actions this morning lack both! It would have take her less than 30 seconds to give me my food then go wake and serve her brother!

Is she told me she needed money for something and I put my younger sister's need over her's-no matter how tribal her's might be-i know how she'd react and the amount of making up I'd have to do.

I am trying to be very mature about this, that's why I keeping things anonymous?

Besides I'd like to know, I possibly can't be the only person who has experienced this sort of situation because they say there's nothing new under the sun. Please who has ever felt this way, I am very understanding and if something irks me, it would irk every body else too.

Wish I could explain better

Your wife is obviously not very sensible, and most likely lacks wisdom. You need to ask yourself some questions; has she exhibited disrespectful behavior to you in the past? Did she mean to be disrespectful? Is she doing this to spite you, or because she doesn’t know any better?

Correct her as you would a child and move on.

Men should be able to correct their wives with love and patience, rather than make a big deal is every little thing.

Even the best of us makes mistakes, no need holding it agains her for the rest of her life.

Men like you keep things in and it eats them up and causes damage in the long run. Openness is the keys to happiness in marriage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by lionphil(m): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:
Hello friends, I'd like to ask intelligent and older minds for advise about an issue before I react.

My wife's elder brother is visiting my house and my wife has been serving his food first before serving and bringing my good, in my own house.

I worked all through the night and was famished by the time the day broke this morning. I gave her some dough and told her to prepare me noodles and sardine, emphasizing on the fact that I was very hungry.

She prepared the meal, split it into two. Woke up and served her brother first in my guest room before coming to my room to give her hungry husband his food.

I was so mad, I ignored the food, went out to smoke a cigarette. While I was doing that it occured to me ask for advice here, because I didn't want to ask anybody I knew personally.

I am a strong believer of common sense and respect and her actions this morning lack both! It would have take her less than 30 seconds to give me my food then go wake and serve her brother!

Is she told me she needed money for something and I put my younger sister's need over her's-no matter how tribal her's might be-i know how she'd react and the amount of making up I'd have to do.

I am trying to be very mature about this, that's why I keeping things anonymous?

Besides I'd like to know, I possibly can't be the only person who has experienced this sort of situation because they say there's nothing new under the sun. Please who has ever felt this way, I am very understanding and if something irks me, it would irk every body else too.

Well, as the man of the house, I think she ought to serve you first BUT IF HER BROTHER HAS BEEN HER FATHER FIGURE... please, let it slide, it is just for a while and he will leave your house with time. Don't get worked up. Marriage comes with its ups and downs

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Sholaco: 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
Not right, very disrespectful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Indispensable85(m): 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
That one na still problem? Abeg getati
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by alizma: 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
Are you sure you are not leaving under the same roof with your rival?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by ReneDaniels: 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bros before now she’s been serving to right. This said older brother of hers, if he’s older thank you I’d say it’s probably a culture thingy but if not, just let it slide no be just food. You they still eat na so let it slide okay. God bless you
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by ednut1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Woman by their nature are selfish , their nuclear family is more important to them. I will not accept such in my house o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Ask her for her reasons before bringing it here. Na we marry wife for you ni?
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
SOME THINGS I dey hear for people marriage dey baffle me.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by jerflakes(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
ignis:
She have been together with the brother long before she met you.

Why she no marry am na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by od501: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

Oga nawa for you oo...why you come dey observe like woman. Or don't you have anything better to do?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Mrkumareze(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
Op, just calm, I have come to realise we take wrong decisions, react in excess whenever we are hungry... To avoid mistakes, don't take actions whenever you are hungry, eat well, sleep, then reason am...
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Amanda4life: 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

I BEG GIVE AM DIRTY SLAAAAAP
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by MadeMan01(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
bigjackass:
Courtesy demands she serve the guest first whether her brother or not.

Nobody is dragging head of the house with you undecided

Wrong!!!
You serve the head of the house first, then he can invite the guest to dine and be dished. If it's not buffet style feast, common sense says serve the provider. Even if you as guest is served first, you'd be inconsiderate to eat first, instead defer to your host. Let your host be the one to waive the right and tell guest to eat. If you go to England to visit the queen, she is served and all her guests, but NO one starts eating till the Queen has taken the first spoon to her mouth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Blakjewelry(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

On one hand it might seems disrespectful but then again, she might do it yours last so as to get enough time to attend to you. Perhaps stay with or eat with you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by AloneTK: 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
I don’t think this is a contest.
Aside being an in law, he is a guest.
And I think guests deserve the best hospitality that we can give.
Not a big deal bro!

They honoured you enough by allowing you to wife their sister, remember.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by drey076(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
Mtcheew this guy go get problem too much
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by flokii: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
@OP Sorry.. your wife doesn't respect you as much as she respects her elder brother.

The husband is still the head of the house so he should be regarded first before any other, if she goes to visit her family and serve her brothers food first, I see no qualms there but this is not acceptable.
Men must learn to define boundaries in relationships while courting to avoid see finish in marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Pataricatering(f): 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2021
You don't know whether you are angry or.not ?. You had to rush here to.let.your fellow men determine whether you should be angry or not ? Lol
Her older brother is a guest and guests should be served first as a courtesy.
P.S - you are not.a king just a husband- if.you were.so hungry you could have gone into the kitchen to dish food for yourself .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by veron007: 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bro you lucky sef. For my side, she will dish out food for her family members and forget about me. Me sef, I'll jeje drive to a restaurant close to us and sort myself out. This life no balance shaa. All these on top my house and food.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by israelmao(m): 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2021
Someone made his position clear that he was hungry and gave money for preparation of a particular food and she cooked the food and served her brother first.She would've attended to her husband first but mind you this may not mean anything to your wife that is,it may not be a deliberate act.Just call her attention to it and correct her in love.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by favour32(m): 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bro,if you're not ok with such situation,talk to your wife, as she may not know the negative effect of her action.

***Note:
Matters of home, avoid nairaland like a plague.
Many here are small boys and girls who can't keep a stable relationship talk more of married life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by dapadawee: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2021
Its right now, he is a visitor, and your in law
By virtue of his position he is older than you

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Moony45: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

Why's everything becoming a problem to this new generation marriage

From the look of things, I don't think the next 5-10 generation can handle marriage

One day your wife go mess, you go say the mess smells so unfamiliar. That it is not from the kind of food you guys eat at home. Meaning, she's cheating

#spits
Mr old generation, this space is not for you. Go back to the space where they write love letter with pencil. Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by smile4kenn(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2021
SayAsSeen:

There is nothing wrong with that.

https://gist.am/question/is-it-right-for-my-wife-to-serve-her-brother-food-before-me-in-my-own-house

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by backnbeta(f): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2021
Like someone said earlier; it's just an old family tradition she's yet to grow out of. If you don't like it, just tell her to serve you first.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by lexy2014: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2021
ahmthankgod:
Num 1: if she is 22 to 25 year old she is just making you jealous. If she' not, take a close eye on them especially her. But mostly your brother depending on his past age. On how he react when with a woman. I Haven't gotten married but its based on how the strategy worked.

pls check the topic again. u seem to be commenting on the wrong topic

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Dja1(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
You sure say no b her ex-boyfriend
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by slickbak(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
ahmthankgod:
Firstly, is this the second time?
Is he really a blood brother??
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Pataricatering(f): 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2021
Perfecttouch:
this your comment doesn't make sense..
She for marry the brother now..

Why can't she just set the table and everyone comes to eat at once?
Why make the husband inferior in his own house?
lol any small talk no be you people go come online dey drag your wives like tiger generator dey beat chest on how you no fit disrespect your family for any " woman ' ! She too no fit disrespect her elder brother for any man -
u ppl suppose to understand nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by AfonjaConehead: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2021
Elder brother shebi?!
The wifes elder brother is also like your father-in-law o... Do t complain... She will do same for your senior brother.
Just ignore.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Caught My Wife Eating Tantalizer Food With Her Boyfriend / Woman Chases Kidnapper Riding Motorcycle, Rescues Daughter (PHOTO) / 6-Year-Old Boy Cries As His Mother Weds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.