Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,590 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. (9306 Views)

Oshiomhole: I Did Not Call Seyi Makinde An Overhyped Social Media Governor / Enugu Is An Overhyped Village: Pictures/Video / Open And Dirty Drainage System: Will Babajide Sanwo-olu Rescue Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by FarahAideed: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
ba7man:
Why can't the tribe replicate this anywhere else??

Wishful thinking by dreamers that rely on drunks in beer parlors for their information.

There is nothing special Tinubu has done to help Lagos businesses ... Open port in Onitsha and see magic
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
PressMyButton:

It has never been clean. But na your papa dey come clean am. This kid of yesterday wey dey carry give Android phone dey talk about Lagos that is older than your great grandfathers.

Kano and Maiduguri are more older than lagos plus your great grandfathers and ancestors

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ttalk: 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

Lagos is the 5th largest economy partly because of the industriousness of a particular tribe...

Was it your forefathers that build industrial estates in Lagos?. When Awolowo was building industrial estates what were your fathers doing?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by PressMyButton: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
helinues:

Things are already in place to handle that..

No loudness
Bro, imagine the foolish talks. na dem develop Lagos, with wetin?.. Buying & selling. Before the Ghana must go saga, Ghanians were everywhere in SW buying & selling yet dem no make noise.

Make dis people waka, make we see how e go be.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ttalk: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lagos has never been clean that is because of its historical history of the people who are the natives of the land.

May thunder fire your smelly mouth with this statement. Who on Earth is as dirty as your people, Alaba Rago and Mile 12 where your people resides are the dirtiest place in Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by helinues: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
PressMyButton:

Bro, imagine the foolish talks. na dem develop Lagos, with wetin?.. Buying & selling. Before the Ghana must go saga, Ghanians were everywhere in SW buying & selling yet dem no make noise.

Make dis people waka, make we see how e go be.

I said it, don't accuse wrong people in this oo.

The op na known Almajiri
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by FarahAideed: 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ttalk:

Was it your forefathers that build industrial estates in Lagos?. When Awolowo was building industrial estates what were your father's doing?

Lagos economy is boosted by importation ..how many factories are in Lagos sef?
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ttalk: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lagos was never developed, lets get it right.

Fyi...no northern leader or my family member lives in a dirty city like lagos.

Let me burst your bubble, even in the height of boko haram in borno state, the vast majority of borno elites were living in Maiduguri.

Fyi again, Northern elites don't live in Lagos or in the South, the highest they can go to live is in Abuja.

We can say that about your elites, who will run to france or uk once crises start

Have you forgotten your governor's are stealing your money to buy houses in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by PressMyButton: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

There is nothing special Tinubu has done to help Lagos businesses ... Open port in Onitsha and see magic
You no dey shame?.. Jonathan was in power, Anyim was Secretary to FG, Okonjo was Finance/ Coordinating minister, ibos full everywhere like rashes yet it didn't occur to you to open your shallow port. dey wait, u go old.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by PressMyButton: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Kano and Maiduguri are more older than lagos plus your great grandfathers and ancestors
That is why Kano & Maiduguri is as clean as Almajiri's teeth.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by PressMyButton: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
helinues:

I said it, don't accuse wrong people in this oo.

The op na known Almajiri
I know but Farah is ibo, he is claiming developer on the thread.

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
PressMyButton:

That is why Kano & Maiduguri is as clean as Almajiri's teeth.

More beautiful and neater than lagos the slum
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by helinues: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2021
PressMyButton:

I know but Farah is ibo, he is claiming developer on the thread.

Except if you are new on NL.. Engaging with that guy na purely waste of time cos he will never answer your questions directly but instead carry goal post

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ttalk: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

I don't do dick measuring, answer that yourself

4 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by walefresh3(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
updatechange:
Lol, this people really get time ooo... Just because someone opened a thread about se now na Lagos then won take revenge. I laff in Spanish
oga the gay naa Fulani.. naa northerner dey open different thread about ibo and Yoruba for the past 2 weeks...
Pls check the guy profile very well...
Just abuse northerners he will change Monica immediately... Pls don't fall for his trap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ttalk:

Have you forgotten your governor's are stealing your money to buy houses in Lagos

You must be silly.....

Stop writing jargons from your basement

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by walefresh3(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
helinues:

Except if you are new on NL.. Engaging with that guy na purely waste of time cos he will never answer your questions directly but instead carry goal post
Faraheed naa northerner ... Naa dis monical he dey use to dey support east... He get another one wey him dey use to dey support west... Guy most of the thread here about both ibo and Yoruba naa northerner guy they do am...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ttalk: 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

More beautiful and neater than lagos the slum

Yes, north is very clean, the flowing blood caused by BH and bandits have washed all dirty in your land

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Yes, it is not a must to stay in lagos but people should stop hyping lagos. lagos is as polluted as PH or even polluted than PH.

But better than the uselses Kano and Kaduna

Cow!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Broveens42(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2021
seunmsg:

How come they are only industrious when they get to Lagos? Why can't they replicate their industriousness at home? Does it have to do with the excellent leadership of Lagos and the poor and visionless leadership at home? That they have to come to Lagos to become industrious is a campaign point for Tinubu. Kudos to him for bringing out the best in them. We need him to turn all parts of Nigeria to Lagos so that Nigerians can achieve the height of their industriousness in any part of the country and not in Lagos alone.

Which kind yeye excellent leadership..
Close down MMA and relocate it to Imo state or Anambra so that everybody will only have to travel overseas through imo state and watch a very interesting drama unfold grin

If imo state doesn't turn to paris in 2years, let my wife have sex with everyone here

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by FarahAideed: 1:58pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ttalk:

I don't do dick measuring, answer that yourself

You don't have a dick

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lol...i think, it is normal to hate a smelling and dirty place like lagos.

Well if you say i am hater, then i agree with you, i hate smelling and chaotic cities like lagos. So my hatred is legitimate.

Adious
Nobody is inviting you to Lagos pig.

A pig like you should be grateful to one Nigeria

You would have been in the league of CAR and Chad if not for Nigeria

Elede!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by PressMyButton: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
helinues:

I understand bro, OP is a fulani but that Farah dey talk rubbish. Na dem dey build other people's houses but dey sleep outside in their own region.

I don waka.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Iamgrey5(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

90% of the factories in Nigeria are Lagos or Ogun State

I challenge you to mention 6 well know factories in Nigeria that is not situated in these places.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by FarahAideed: 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2021
Iamgrey5:

I challenge you to mention 6 well know factories in Nigeria that is not situated in these places.
Just 20 factories that You are using 90 percent ...well because of imported raw materials the few factories love to stay near functional port ..it has nothing to do with Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Iamgrey5(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2021
Broveens42:

Which kind yeye excellent leadership..
Close down MMA and relocate it to Imo state or Anambra so that everybody will only have to travel overseas through imo state and watch a very interesting drama unfold grin

If imo state doesn't turn to paris in 2years, let my wife have sex with everyone here
MMA is not the only Airport people can use to travel out of Nigeria

You can travel via Enugu, Port, Kaduna and Abuja Airports.

And I don't know how traveling through Airports significantly helps local economy

It's not like there is tariff free shopping zone like most international airports.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Ttalk: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You must be silly.....

Stop writing jargons from your basement

Governor Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari Of Zamfara Builds $3m Hotel In Lagos With Funds Stolen From Paris Club Refund Cash
Economic and financial Crimes Commission officials in Lagos said they have found a hotel being constructed by Governor Yari of Zamfara state with $3m he stole from London-Paris Club loan refund to Nigerian states.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKMAY 14, 2017

Economic and financial Crimes Commission officials in Lagos said they have found a hotel being constructed by Governor Yari of Zamfara state with $3m he stole from London-Paris Club loan refund to Nigerian states.

The governor who is the chairman of the Governor’s Forum illegally diverted N19billion reportedly meant for "consultants" from the Paris club loan refund which had been illegally paid into the account of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) by Nigeria’s Minister of France, Kemi Adeosun and the Central Bank of Nigeria.

SaharaReporters learnt that the hotel is a 100-room property situated in Lekki area of Lagos.

EFCC officials said they have already marked down the hotel as proceeds of corruption and plan to take it over after obtaining a court order.

Apart from the $3million, Governor Yari also diverted N500 million from the Paris Club refund to pay off a loan, an Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) source revealed to SaharaReporters.

According to the source, Mr. Yari withdrew N500m from the N19 billion Paris Club refund from the account of Nigeria Governors Forum from the N522b allocated to the 36 states and deposited the sum into a mortgage bank account.

Mr. Yari then transferred the sum to the mortgage bank from which he had borrowed N800m to purchase to properties in 2013. According to the source, the governor was able to renegotiate his debt from N800m to N500m.

Abdulaziz Abubakar Yari
Overall the governor is said to have embezzled the sum of N2.2 billion from the N19billion set aside illegally to pay "consultants."

SaharaReporters had earlier revealed that Senate President Bukola Saraki and his cronies are also being investigated by the EFCC for his role in the embezzlement of N3.5b from the Paris Club loan through the slush fund placed at the Access Bank by the Nigeria Governors Forum, who claimed it was meant for consultants.
SEE ALSO

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

Just 20 factories that You are using 90 percent ...well because of imported raw materials the few factories love to stay near functional port ..it has nothing to do with Tinubu
Lagos could have turn out like Borno state if not for the leaders that she has been having.

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by PressMyButton: 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
Iamgrey5:

He doesn't know nothing. Lagos & Ogun are the Manufacturing hub in Nigeria but he thinks everything is about container carrying drugs from China.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by FarahAideed: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Lagos could have turn out like Borno state if not for the leaders that she has been having.

Name one thing the leaders have done if not looting?

No road

Heightening insecurity

Poor electricity

No street lights

No pipe borne water

No town planning in 90 percent of areas

No Sewage treatment

Very poor sanitary conditions

Abeg tell me what exactly Tinubu and his crew does for Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Iamgrey5(m): 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

20?

Now you are being dishonest

If not for the electricity outage problem in Nigeria that has affected a number of factories over the last two decades.

Lagos/Ogun/Ibadan should house nothing less than 2000 factories manufacturing products from car tires to baking flour

And it will intrest you to know that 80% of those factories belong to Yorubas or foreigners or a joint venture between Yorubas and foreigners

We also have a number of factories in Ibadan that manufactures a number of products you use in East but you hardly know.

I guess Ibadan is also close to seaport.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by walefresh3(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lagos was never developed, lets get it right.

Fyi...no northern leader or my family member lives in a dirty city like lagos.

Let me burst your bubble, even in the height of boko haram in borno state, the vast majority of borno elites were living in Maiduguri.

Fyi again, Northern elites don't live in Lagos or in the South, the highest they can go to live is in Abuja.

We can say that about your elites, who will run to france or uk once crises start
elrufai lives in Lagos before he became minister in Abuja... Dangote and sanusi formal central bank governor currently live in Lagos... Most ur leaders have there investment here...almajiri self dey suppose me... Abeg show that northern pictures make I see...
Naa one furking northern guy go open thread about ibo come Yoruba name as his I'd..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army / Parents Demand Swap Of Chibok Girls For Boko Haram Detainees / No Missing N23bn In SDGs Office- Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.