Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. (9415 Views)

Oshiomhole: I Did Not Call Seyi Makinde An Overhyped Social Media Governor / Enugu Is An Overhyped Village: Pictures/Video / Open And Dirty Drainage System: Will Babajide Sanwo-olu Rescue Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2021
obaaderemi:
grin Clearly, from your post, your problem is the people who are natives of Lagos. In a nutshell the Yorubas and their associate tribes are your problem. I rest my case.

Indeed. A lot of Nigerians are depressed, angry, frustrated and bitter currently. They inevitably find themselves hating and envying Yorubas and dont even know why.

The SE and North are terrorized and unstable with high unemployment, youth restiveness and an unproductive citizenry that appears to be going backward in savagery and lawlessness.

Meaning the OP, likely educated and more refined than his average Northern compatriot, will surely be unhappy, frustrated and angry living in the North with everything around him cumulatively negative.

This thread is his way of lashing out and taking aim at a State and a people now demonstrating, more than all others, the little that is still good, positive and progressive about Nigeria.

The more they hate, rather than appreciate, the more God will continue to bless Lagos, the SW and Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 23, 2021
Dsalvo:

Indeed. A lot of Nigerians are depressed, angry, frustrated and bitter currently. They inevitably find themselves hating and envying Yorubas and dont even know why.

The SE and North are terrorized and unstable with high unemployment, youth restiveness and an unproductive citizenry that appears to be going backward in savagery and lawlessness.

Meaning the OP, likely educated and more refined than his average Northern compatriot, will surely be unhappy, frustrated and angry living in the North with everything around him cumulatively negative.

This thread is his way of lashing out and taking aim at a State and a people now demonstrating, more than all others, the little that is still good, positive and progressive about Nigeria.

The more they hate, rather than appreciate, the more God will continue to bless Lagos, the SW and Yorubas.

I will like to inform you about the north.

Unemployment is very low in the North...the average northerner is farmer, might not have a white collar job but will not be lazying about.

If he is not selling his farm produce, he is planting, if not planting then engaging in community building, i can't say that about westerners, unemployment is very high among the westerners because, they have all depends on the few white collar jobs for survival, no wonder, majority of the men are unemployed.

I wont be suprised if you are the one on this taxi grin
The lawlessness of lagos permits it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Unemployment is very low in the North...the average northerner is farmer, might not have a white collar job but will not be lazying about.

If he is not selling his farm produce, he is planting, if not planting then engaging in community building, i can't say that about westerners, unemployment is very high among the westerners because, they have all depends on the few white collar jobs for survival, no wonder, majority of the men are unemployed.

Lol. Keep fooling yourself. The hundreds of thousands of Almajiri begging across SW Nigeria and even West Africa left the North to face a life of vagrancy and begging for a living because they had jobs in the North of Nigeria they rejected ba ?

That is why only Yorubas and SS folks appear to be making progress today. They are the only ones able to face the truth about their situation, however dire, rather than deny it or even lie about it to look good to others.

Yes you are correct. I am the guy sitting dangerously in the taxi in your picture. Self-delusional mofo. Lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by VOICEofORIENTAL: 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
PressMyButton:

You can see where his magnanimity has landed him. They returned his favor with hate.
I wonder when Yoruba will wise up. History tells us how Azikiwe became a leader in SW after Herbert Maculay handed over NCNC to him. Azikiwe converted a Yoruba party in to ibo party and started scheming on how to dislodged his hosts from the seat of power.
They came to SW with nylon bag through night bus, after we patronize them and make them who they are, they began pushing their agenda. I only pity the liberals.
Please, leave igbos out of this.face the person who posted this topic... you are looking for our trouble
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2021
PressMyButton:

You no dey shame?.. Jonathan was in power, Anyim was Secretary to FG, Okonjo was Finance/ Coordinating minister, ibos full everywhere like rashes yet it didn't occur to you to open your shallow port. dey wait, u go old.
The person that opened this thread is not an Igbo person.you have never responded to his write up or attack his tribe yet, you have turned it to be an Igbo issue
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
PressMyButton:

I know but Farah is ibo, he is claiming developer on the thread.
then,why are you not responding to both of them?you only chose one person & leave the op?
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2021
@OP

Come and see your Maiduguri OOOOO. This is happening in your corner, as routine everyday occurence, and you dare come here to try and shade Lagos?

Fela got it right labelling Nigerians "original sufferhead". Some of you will even hype and praise your oppressors while trying to front against other Nigerians about your shameful backwardness as you are doing with this thread.

Check out 'breaking news'. Joker.

https://dailynigerian.com/breaking-boko-haram-fires/

Boko Haram fires rockets at Ngomari airport area as Buhari visits Maiduguri
By
Mustapha Buharib]BREAKING
December 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by jneutron4000: 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:
Yes, lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria, apart from that, lagos has nothing to show.

It is chaotic, disorganized, dirty and it smells, open gutters is the " beauty" of lagos. Even the so called posh areas are not left out.

Lagos shouldn't be the example of development or of progress in Nigeria, like can you imagine, that lagos used state funds to dermacate state roads for so called BRT buses, only for a private bus company to be the only legitimate user of the road, like who demarcate state roads for a private company to use?

Or is development about building a bus station using state funds only for your private bus company to have a special area, like who does that?

Most people will say Eko oni baje, i guess that means, lagos won't spoil but damn the city is already spoit, like no good road system, traffic everywhere, pollution is the order of the day, crime is an everyday occurrence, imagine no electricity in a state with the title of commercial city of the country.

Like i don't really understand the hype of lagos, like what is the selling point, the island looks like a washed up low tier city in China, while the main land is like a disorganized village.

Like i am still asking myself, what is the hype of this city, like what is the hype, i think most of the hype of lagos, comes from people who have never left lagos for any other city, they were born and bred in lagos and they will die there, so they hype their city to the point of believing their own lies of their city.
[/s]
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2021
Iamgrey5:
infact ! importation killed majority of the factories in those place

Nigeria was once manufacturing car tires, Car battery, Matches etc before those cheap china products killed those factories.

Today most of our manufacturing industry manufactures at half capacity because of cheap goods from china.

That's why I always call Igbos economic saboteurs. Deliberately dodge taxes and then flood everywhere with fake/dangerous/substandard good plus potentially fatal class A drugs.

All because getting money is all that matters to Igbos with most happy to operate without morals, principles, human decency or a conscience.

Can anyone argue against the notion that Igbos are economic saboteurs?
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Igbokid: 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Isn't it very funny that a generational loser from the poverty and terrorism capital of the world like you would even have the gut to shade Lagos cheesy cheesy

If core northern Nigeria was a country, it would be worse than places like Afghanistan and Somalia .
Imagine this clown saying Northerners are gainfully employed grin grin
Do you mean gainfully engaged in banditry and terrorism??
The worst of Lagos still towers above the best of the arid North and it's a fact .
Lagos is the pride of black Africa with her economy bigger than dozens of other African countries.

It's a shame you attracted opprobrium to the North.
There's no point hammering the North because it's already down .
Core Northern Nigeria has been killed by mor.ons with single digit IQ like you . Her burial would soon be announced to the world when it is finally taken over by Boko terrorists that you so much adore .

You towel headed sahelians should continue deceiving yourselves while the world watch in pity as you terrorise yourselves into extinction.

It's been 30 years since the capital was moved from Lagos, yet she still remains the foremost Nigerian state .
That should tell you about the resilience and spirit of excellence of an average Lagosian .

Lastly , your gainfully employed businessmen/Farmers shot rockets at Maiduguri today grin cheesy

May the Lord NORTH allow the terrorism and generational backwardness of the Arewa be the lot of Lagos grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Whois(m): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
So Lagosians should relocate to the north where human life doesn't have value ?? Anyways I know u are tribalistic so ur online post doesn't offend me anymore

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Kinematics: 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2021
seunmsg:
[s]It is not a must to stay in Lagos. If Lagos is dirty and stinking, kindly relocate to PH and enjoy the soot or relocate to Aba and enjoy the serene beauty or maybe move to Kano and enjoy whatever the city has to offer. [/s]

Dustbin Lagos!

2 Shares

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
Igbokid:

Isn't it very funny that a generational loser from the poverty and terrorism capital of the world like you would even have the gut to shade Lagos cheesy cheesy

If core northern Nigeria was a country, it would be worse than places like Afghanistan and Somalia .
Imagine this clown saying Northerners are gainfully employed grin grin
Do you mean gainfully engaged in banditry and terrorism??
The worst of Lagos still towers above the best of the arid North and it's a fact .
Lagos is the pride of black Africa with her economy bigger than dozens of other African countries.

It's a shame you attracted opprobrium to the North.
There's no point hammering the North because it's already down .
Core Northern Nigeria has been killed by mor.ons with single digit IQ like you . Her burial would soon be announced to the world when it is finally taken over by Boko terrorists that you so much adore .

You towel headed sahelians should continue deceiving yourselves while the world watch in pity as you terrorise yourselves into extinction.

It's been 30 years since the capital was moved from Lagos, yet she still remains the foremost Nigerian state .
That should tell you about the resilience and spirit of excellence of an average Lagosian .

Lastly , your gainfully employed businessmen/Farmers shot rockets at Maiduguri today grin cheesy

May the Lord NORTH allow the terrorism and generational backwardness of the Arewa be the lot of Lagos grin grin cheesy

Some backwardness from lagos.

Pounding yam for people to eat

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Igbokid: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

That is a very old video from Ghana you terrorist.

Below are your people eating from dust bin like pigs that they are.
Isn't that you wearing the blue shirt grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Igbokid: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

My garden has been taken over by weeds.
Kindly come and eat the grass since that's how you and your people feed now.

It's a win win...
You ll cure your hunger with my weed while you also get a pittance to drink fura .

By the way , do you have a 4 compartment stomach too grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Igbokid: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kinematics:

Dustbin Lagos!
Is soot already affecting your higher centre??
You'd not only end up being sterile but also end up with scrotal, skin or lung cancer if you don't stop hating on your superior.
Nonsense and portharcourt soot city grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by forgiveness: 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
FarahAideed:

Lagos is the 5th largest economy partly because of the industriousness of a particular tribe...

Clown!! grin
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by forgiveness: 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

More beautiful and neater than lagos the slum

Which city in Lagos State is actually a slum?
Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by walefresh3(m): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2021
forgiveness:

Which city in Lagos State is actually a slum?
look at what that suufger head aboki call slum ... No place in the North including our capital territory that has dis look.. despite the wide road it possess...

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by walefresh3(m): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2021
The Lagos enemies call slum

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by walefresh3(m): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2021
Lagos we know....

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by walefresh3(m): 9:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Pls where is that almajiri ? .... Show me Abuja infrastructures... Make we see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2021
walefresh3:
look at what that suufger head aboki call slum ... No place in the North including our capital territory that has dis look.. despite the wide road it possess...

All these pic you posted are just photoshopped.

The reality on ground is different.

You and i know that the lagoon water isn't green but DIRTY BLACK

So this is what you are trying to hype

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 24, 2021
walefresh3:
The Lagos enemies call slum

Stop uploading edited pictures.

Re: Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 24, 2021
walefresh3:
Lagos we know....

One of the pic consist of Dirty Victoria Island

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Anambra Traders Decry Monumental Economic Losses During Monday Sit-at-home / Niger Government Plans Partnership With China On Railway Network / Offa Robbery: Prove Your Allegation – Saraki’s Aide Dares Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.