Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,578 members, 7,820,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student (24718 Views)

Is Kuwait A Good Country To Hustle / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by DeAlphaMale(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2021
Seriously if y'all considering relocation via school route check out these scandavanians their schools are cheap and almost free, GDP per Capita is amazing the only disadvantage is the extreme cold especially Norway

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Offpointng: 9:49am On Dec 27, 2021
Sunisonflex39:
What I know is that..it's the home of dangerous snakes.. la-la will tell u to go so u will be posting snake here everyday..

I heard seun pays 200k naira per snake post

wrong. New Zealand don't got snakes, it's practically a snake free country

2 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by StreetFight: 9:52am On Dec 27, 2021
yinkeys:
My sister New Zealand is too far
Imagine spending 2 days journey undecided
Why not consider Luxembourg or Canada
Paying double or triple air fares
It’s your choice at the end of the day

You village and my village wey dey near, wetin you and me dey gain from there? The guy want to JAPA, you dey say e too far. The farer, the better.

2 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Offpointng: 9:52am On Dec 27, 2021
veektor01:
Most people here have never been there and are just spewing rubbish.

NZ is a good country economically and infact all areas.
If you have the opportunity to go there, please GRAB it.

you're rather the one spilling rubbish. what do you know bout New Zealand

1 Like

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Cousin9999: 9:54am On Dec 27, 2021
Bigcowhorn:

And you just forgot to mention it's one of the most expensive places on earth to live in.
I spent a month there some years back. I practically deported myself

What aspects were expensive?

Where exactly did you spend the month, how much money did you come with, and what work were you doing?

1 Like

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by olas24u(f): 9:58am On Dec 27, 2021
babavik:

Dear olas24u, can be elaborate or direct me to a site where I can get more info on this your idea.
Thanks

Well i dont think their is any site that will tell you the story according to how its fits,you are a nigerian and your needs and and targets are different,Go on social media and type association of nigerians in newzealand ,once you are accepted in the group,you can start dropping questions and getting answers and counter arguments from nigerians in that country.But you are on the right track.

1 Like

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Raalsalghul: 9:59am On Dec 27, 2021
DeAlphaMale:
Seriously if y'all considering relocation via school route check out these scandavanians their schools are cheap and almost free, GDP per Capita is amazing the only disadvantage is the extreme cold especially Norway

Not just the cold, but the language too; you have to factor in that.

I have a friend in Sweden

1 Like

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by DeAlphaMale(m): 10:03am On Dec 27, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Not just the cold, but the language too; you have to factor in that.

I have a friend in Sweden

Yeah language too but that's why emphasized on Norway they speak English very too
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Raalsalghul: 10:08am On Dec 27, 2021
DeAlphaMale:

Yeah language too but that's why emphasized on Norway they speak English very too

Sure they do speak English, but speaking their language is a part of their job requirements.

1 Like

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by babavik: 10:08am On Dec 27, 2021
olas24u:

Well i dont think their is any site that will tell you the story according to how its fits,you are a nigerian and your needs and and targets are different,Go on social media and type association of nigerians in newzealand ,once you are accepted in the group,you can start dropping questions and getting answers and counter arguments from nigerians in that country.But you are on the right track.
Thanks
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by tempusfugit: 10:10am On Dec 27, 2021
Before I reply you, who you vote in the last presidential election?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Rocktation(f): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2021
All I have to say is; Beware of the snakes! Underneath all that serenely beautiful landscape, is a den of snakes and other creatures, purported to have become extinct, waiting for the right human prey to make their comebacks.

1 Like

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Bigcowhorn: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2021
Cousin9999:

What aspects were expensive?

Where exactly did you spend the month, how much money did you come with, and what work were you doing?

Wellington, about ten years back. Was just a hustler then. A pal helped me get there. Stayed with him
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by McLizbae: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2021
My point too. The distance is the major, if not the only problem.
yinkeys:
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Cousin9999: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2021
Bigcowhorn:

Wellington, about ten years back. Was just a hustler then. A pal helped me get there. Stayed with him

That might have had a lot to do with your experience. However, I agree it's expensive, but that isn't automatically a bad thing, especially considering their infrastructure and wages.
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by faste: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2021
Rocktation:
All I have to say is; Beware of the snakes! Underneath all that serenely beautiful landscape, is a den of snakes and other creatures, purported to have become extinct, waiting for the right human prey to make their comebacks.
Lie!New Zealand is practically snake free.
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Cousin9999: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2021
If you're wondering about traveling, review the images below.

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by grandstar(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2021
Samueltemi337:
I am planing to relocate to New Zealand using the student route.
Want to get a diploma in information technology from Auckland institute of studies.
Is this a good idea?

New Zealand is good.

The 2 flaws about this country are high property prices and high cost of things. Apart from that, everything else is cool.

I watched a Tiktok video where an African-American woman spoke glowingly about the country. For an African American to speak well about a predominantly white country and not complain about racism should give you an idea of the place.

She has resettled there

3 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Collins4u1(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2021
yinkeys:

so too far is your concern?
is canada near ?
such a negative vibe. mstttttew

2 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Bigcowhorn: 10:56am On Dec 27, 2021
Cousin9999:

That might have had a lot to do with your experience. However, I agree it's expensive, but that isn't automatically a bad thing, especially considering their infrastructure and wages.

Yeah,, the wages are high but then you'll have to spend everything again just to live your life that's why i left.
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:04am On Dec 27, 2021
I read somewhere that New Zealand has limited product varieties and I can understand because of it’s distance from the rest of the world. I also heard that some places are so isolated apart from the big cities. Honestly I can’t stay in an isolated place. I love to have up to 100 choice for one item. I read that you can have like 5 choices for every item. I love to have at least a 100 options for the same item.

I also heard shipping items there takes a lot of time. But it is peaceful. It depends on you sha. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by grandstar(m): 11:06am On Dec 27, 2021
karzyharsky:
Keep asking as if your own country is better

Always do proper investigation before venturing out. A country being better than yours does not guarantee things will work out for you.

The US embassy ask winners to submit an American address when filling out their documentation.

A friend of mine thought of playing a fast one on them by giving them a fake address. I advised him aganst and give him my uncle's zddress in the US.

It was a good thing he had a US address as that was where they sent further documents to fill! Without those documents, you can't get a green card. Today, he owns 3 houses in the US. This is a guy that used to bathe with soda soap in Unilag.

Always do your research. The vast majority of black rzfugees in Italy are on welfare. There are no jobs in Italy.

6 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by EngrOgunrinola1(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2021
See the way everyone is sharing their experience about where they've been to...

And am here without leaving Nigeria. Baba God na your hand I dey ooo, I sha know say one day, one day me sef will travel to that my DREAM COUNTRY...

3 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by hustla(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Want to get a diploma in information technology from Auckland institute of studies.
Is this a good idea?

Yes

Its the smaller brother of Australia
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Jaqenhghar: 11:48am On Dec 27, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Is this a good idea?
Anything that will take you out of that shithole is a good idea.
You are not going to "hustle" bit really study something that will make you marketable.
Dont be like one my guy. I was almost begging him to leave he used the money to "invest".

2 Likes

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by digitite: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2021
All these Dollars, Euro and Pounds countries are very expensive to live unless you have a movable skill.
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by inspectorg(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Is this a good idea?
Op check out this link to consider more or verify some of ur assertions ==>https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/07/these-countries-have-the-highest-quality-of-life<==
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by SavageResponse(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2021
Karlovych:
The cost of living is very high, it's mostly a tourist hub for foreigners. Just get your education and move to a better place

If you're earning a good income over there then the cost of living should not matter to you
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by juzor(m): 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
Ozinlex:

Hi bro, I have lived in Australia for over 14 years and obtained the citizenship as well, New Zealand is just somewhere very close and a country I have visited. It is a beautiful country and currently has the number one in livable cities in the world. Do escape from Naija quickly biko

Please I need assistance on the process for a student visa to New Zealand.
Please reach me on juzor94@gmail.com
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by Ogalanyaidi(m): 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2021
Bush2013:
good morning, are schooling there? How difficult is it to get scholorship there for msc?

The chances of getting a scholarship here is 10/100.
Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by chindafrankox(m): 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2021
Come to Ukraine

1 Like

Re: Is New Zealand A Good Country To Relocate To As A Student by BJanta: 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2021
optimusprime2:
If you have the mind/Cojones for the adventure of your life... if you truly know what's strong with you, Then go for it!!

New Zealand is like nothing you have ever experienced... if you love the most serene, extreme, enchanting and outlandish landscape sceneries the Earth has to offer, then New Zealand is for you.

However, after the wickedly breathtaking scenes, it stops there ...
New Zealand is quite expensive, distant from the rest of the world, unique, a bit bizarre... sorry, not a bit, an extremely bizarre and unusual country with strange lifestyles. Yes there are Earthquakes and occasionally volcanic activity- brace yourself.

Even spoken English sounds strange...
"Rattle ya dags, I'm Knackered up wop wops" trust me, that sentence has a completely sensible meaning if you are in New Zealand. As if that's not enough Say "Kia ora" to another language of New Zealand "Maori". Don't worry, despite the Island-like flare, traditions and customs, New Zealand is sooooo peaceful... Peaceful to the point where its very boring. Even the people are boring, yes oooo! No Dorime. (Then again, boring is subjective).

Yes, you will be completely cutout from Nigeria (Flights to certain destinations are not just very expensive, but very rare to book)... hence, prepare to be an "Alien" to your own country for a loooooong while. While in that "Alien" state, learn how to do a "Haka" ritual with your adopted group of friends... The passion and intensity behind "The Haka" is super cool and scary at the same time.

Lastly folks who go to New Zealand always get absorbed into the strangeness and bizarrely strange enchanting Island, such that they fall in love with the strange, spectacular, breathtaking sights and lifestyles of the country and call it home away from home...

Naaaah I'm kidding, they escape to Australia to restart life again, after a while of dealing with numbing Strangeness in hobbit land grin

Na wa o !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Pilgrims Protest Over Food Quality In Mecca (Video, Photos) / 5 Actions That Could Get You Thrown Out Of Your Flight / Confidence Ogar Enya, Cross River University Graduate Dies In Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.