Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord (69563 Views)

My Breakfast This Morning (picture) / Mubarak Sanyaolu: Parents Of Lagos Boy Killed By Stray Bullet Welcome Twins / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
As we celebrate Xmas today.
Let us remember the people ;that have stood up and spoke up for us; against ;the politicians and elites;that cant provide us with basic social amenities;the people that have made our life's to worth nothing;ethnic cleansing.displacements of indigenous Nigerians.
The three wise men I call them;
They could have had an easy life;like most of us;but the corrupt system;with all Human right abuses; have decided to illegally hold yall unjustifiably.
Our generation ;wont forget ;our progressive s will remember yall.In the spirit of Xmas ;yall are there for the fight that have chosen yall.
Merry Xmas to our generational heros.
Sowore;
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu;
Sunday Igboho;
Yall have deprived yourself ;your comfortable lifestyles to fight for us .
Yall have a wonderful life; but yall have decided to give up all that ;for justice for all;
Yall fought a just cause;many have died but yall never gave up.
The system have denied yall Xmas; with your families;but I say to yall ;freedom fighters of our generation.
Your fight will not be in vein.
Merry Xmas to yall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by micki1: 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
akpunda86:
Merry Christmas All As many are celebrating today my family would have been mourning by now. To God be the Glory.

I was with my Parents today at Enugu gisting and wishing them a pleasant holiday, mum was on the bed licking Orange, Dad was on the cushion sitting down instead of his lying position on the bed, as normally lies down more than sitting cos of his sight.

Hmm, who say God no dey Na lie, infact 4 six years I went to church today cos pressure from kids much.

Nxt we heard was a gun shot and like speed of light, pierced thru the roof and then ceiling on top of Dad bed, if he was there, we might be visiting the morgue today.

Nigeria is a junk, why Gun Shots on a Christmas Day, why Gun shots at all. Please guys identify for me this Bullet.
Thank God no one was there. I had a similar experience in 2006. I was sitting on the rug I our living room with my brother and a family friend sitting on chairs. We heard a loud bang through the ceiling with fine particles of the ceiling flying around me. I jumped away on hearing the noise. I came back and saw the hole through the ceiling and realized it pierced through the roof as well. We seached everywhere if there was a bullet but didn't find any. It was days later when I was doing thorough clean up that I saw the bullet. We showed it to a police officer and he said it was police bullet. The hole on the ceiling and roof was directly above my head where I sat. By the way, we never heard any gun shot except the bang through the roof. Na God dey save us o!
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
Help2020:

Nawaoh thank God for his life o..Did the bullet penetrate the bed like it did the roof of the house?
What a penetration, that guy dey lie for ship shaaaaa oyah OP E penetrate the BED grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
micki1:

Thank God no one was there. I had a similar experience in 2006. I was sitting on the rug I our living room with my brother and a family friend sitting on chairs. We heard a loud bang through the ceiling with fine particles of the ceiling flying around me. I jumped away on hearing the noise. I came back and saw the hole through the ceiling and realized it pierced through the roof as well. We seached everywhere if there was a bullet but didn't find any. It was days later when I was doing thorough clean up that I saw the bullet. We showed it to a police officer and he said it was police bullet. The hole on the ceiling and roof was directly above my head where I sat. By the way, we never heard any gun shot except the bang through the roof. Na God dey save us o!
Another super story,Una nor dey tire, what do you lot take us for
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by BBQZ: 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
For those who don't understand how this could have happened, the following is an excerpt from a Wikipedia search:

Bullets fired into the air usually fall back with terminal velocities much lower than their muzzle velocity when they leave the barrel of a firearm. Nevertheless, people can be injured, sometimes fatally, when bullets discharged into the air fall back down to the ground. Bullets fired at angles less than vertical are more dangerous as the projectile maintains its angular ballistic trajectory and is far less likely to engage in tumbling motion; it therefore travels at speeds much higher than a bullet in free fall.

A study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that 80% of celebratory gunfire-related injuries are to the head, feet, and shoulders.[6] In Puerto Rico, about seven people have died from celebratory gunfire on New Year's Eve in the last 20 years.[timeframe?] The last one was in 2012.[7] Between the years 1985 and 1992, doctors at the King/Drew Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, treated some 118 people for random falling-bullet injuries. Thirty-eight of them died.[8]

Firearms expert Julian Hatcher studied falling bullets in the 1920s and calculated that .30 caliber rounds reach terminal velocities of 90 m/s (300 feet per second or 186 miles per hour).[9] A bullet traveling at only 61 m/s (200 feet per second) to 100 m/s (330 feet per second) can penetrate human skin.[10]

1 Like

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Mrkumareze(m): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
akpunda86:

Hahaha not like beds dat were killed and thrown for crowd attraction,this heard the gun shot and speedily bullet scattered the roof and pierced the ceiling,we are not a ministry or MOFO like u dat believes any gibberish they see. Mofo get brain.

All hotels hosting big politicians around my hood claim ignorance.

My popsi is 86years, wouldn't have survived d bullet MOFO.

Abeg greet old man for me, he won't die of our useless police/army
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by anonymuz(m): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

I dont think that guy was wrong to quote you, But if we take a good look at the trajectory, its quite a strange one, bullet falling from the sky would be pulled down by the force of gravity, if you did physics =10g.Thats the force attributed to a free falling body.So the Only way a bullet will fall from the sky unto your roof is if it has been fired upwards. Now I find it hard to believe that that said bullet will have the force to pierce your roof, ceiling at same time if its free falling, however if its traveling at its fired velocity its direction of travel will be Horizontal. This in terms will not fall down into ur house, it will jus pass fru.So as you see,its a tough one to call.
my points exactly.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by dbestuncle: 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
I am a science student like you but i have witness something like this before too so i dont doubt the writer.
In our case we didnt hear a gunshot. We sat in the sitting room and heard the impact of a metal on the tile. It pierce through the zinc, the ceiling and hit the tiled floor with so much force that it gave the tiles a mark.

Till now all of us in the house and the visitor with us does not understand what and how it happened.

In Naija difficult to explain and believe stories happen everytime

dingbang:
Please i need to understand the physics of this happenstance.

So the shooter aims the gun facing the sky and shoots the gun right? The bullet goes upward with a force then makes a u-turn and comes down with force too, enough to pierce a roof?..

Wow. I need more explanations.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by SenorFax(m): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

The OP is one ignorant person that needs loads of attention, look at one of his Super story, come back and tell me if this OP is OK at all read this
https://www.nairaland.com/6894572/armed-robbers-stacked-me
Na wao grin
Omo the guy no well true true grin grin grin
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by oshonwambada: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
kingreign:

Needless trash
Don't mind the idiot.U did well by cancelling the trash he wrote

2 Likes

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by dbestuncle: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
Check my writeup on the matter bros leave that matter

erico2k2:

I dont think that guy was wrong to quote you, But if we take a good look at the trajectory, its quite a strange one, bullet falling from the sky would be pulled down by the force of gravity, if you did physics =10g.Thats the force attributed to a free falling body.So the Only way a bullet will fall from the sky unto your roof is if it has been fired upwards. Now I find it hard to believe that that said bullet will have the force to pierce your roof, ceiling at same time if its free falling, however if its traveling at its fired velocity its direction of travel will be Horizontal. This in terms will not fall down into ur house, it will jus pass fru.So as you see,its a tough one to call.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
dbestuncle:
Check my writeup on the matter bros leave that matter

what craaaap are you talking about look at the diagram bellow and xplain how that can be possible

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by limcar: 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
Czario:

Have you heard of acceleration due to gravity..? A projectile traveling at 10m/s is enough to kill someone.
at free fall?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by thinkmoney(m): 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
akpunda86:
Merry Christmas All As many are celebrating today my family would have been mourning by now. To God be the Glory.

I was with my Parents today at Enugu gisting and wishing them a pleasant holiday, mum was on the bed licking Orange, Dad was on the cushion sitting down instead of his lying position on the bed, as normally lies down more than sitting cos of his sight.

Hmm, who say God no dey Na lie, infact 4 six years I went to church today cos pressure from kids much.

Nxt we heard was a gun shot and like speed of light, pierced thru the roof and then ceiling on top of Dad bed, if he was there, we might be visiting the morgue today.

Nigeria is a junk, why Gun Shots on a Christmas Day, why Gun shots at all. Please guys identify for me this Bullet.
Those are falling bullets. Those guns that they shoot into the air is very dangerous. The bullets surely fall back down and if it ever hit humans it is most time on the head
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by kalu61(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

I simple Google search will cure your disbelieve. How thick is a roofing sheet and ceiling that a bullet with pointed mouth heavily falling under gravity can't penetrate?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Ttjj: 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
How
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2021
SenorFax:

Na wao grin
Omo the guy no well true true grin grin grin
Chey I tell you. He is an attention seeker, take the guy serious at your own RISK
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by SenorFax(m): 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2021
dbestuncle:
I am a science student like you but i have witness something like this before too so i dont doubt the writer.
In our case we didnt hear a gunshot. We sat in the sitting room and heard the impact of a metal on the tile. It pierce through the zinc, the ceiling and hit the tiled floor with so much force that it gave the tiles a mark.

Till now all of us in the house and the visitor with us does not understand what and how it happened.

In Naija difficult to explain and believe stories happen everytime

An object that small can't create such force from mare freefall unless it's coming with a force higher than acceleration due to gravity, in which case it will be close to being fired. Or unless it's coming from outer space.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by TruthUntold: 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2021
Massiveglory:

Funny stunt. No video of the bullet Falling on your father's bed. Bullet can't just fall naturally like that.
It is an arranged stunt.
Sou sha funny die. So they knew the bullet was coming and should have arranged video equipment to record it ba?
Indomie people, hmmmn.

1 Like

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Teejay13(m): 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thank God for the life of your dad.

God is indeed great.

We shall all live to see the beginning of a new year in good faith, whether the devil likes it or not.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
kalu61:
I simple Google search will cure your disbelieve. How thick is a roofing sheet and ceiling that a bullet with pointed mouth heavily falling under gravity can't penetrate?

A free falling bearing and a bullet have same gravity when they fall, if you did Physics in your JSS1 you would have know this, Stop being ignorant, science is not like religion that you have to have faith, I have given you a diagram if you have any iota of dignity you will stop and look at the next post to draw traffic!
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by chrisxxx(m): 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
dingbang:

So the shooter aims the gun facing the sky and shoots the gun right? The bullet goes upward with a force then makes a u-turn and comes down with force too, enough to pierce a roof?..
The physics is that if you aim a gun less than 85 degree to the horizontal that bullet will have a curve range. And all it's travel path is fatal to any obstruction. Our security guys and some guys who shoot guns just believe that if you raise a gun up it is safe to shoot. It must be at least 85 to 89 degree. That is the only way that bullet can attain zero acceleration at its maximum altitude and return to earth as drop object with less fatal effect.
If you understand physics my explanation will not be a problem to you.

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Czario: 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
limcar:
at free fall?

If it strikes at a favourable angle yes, it can penetrate both metal and and flesh. Falling bullets have sent many to the hospital or worse.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
thinkmoney:

Those are falling bullets. Those guns that they shoot into the air is very dangerous. The bullets surely fall back down and if it ever hit humans it is most time on the head
,falling bullets fall freely to earth by gravitational force, and it max force is 10g, its actually less than that 9.8.,Obviously, the OP did not take into account that we can find him out with physics hence the bul n craaaap he wrote up there, check his other story line and tell me if he is normal https://www.nairaland.com/6894572/armed-robbers-stacked-me
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2021
akpunda86:

Hahaha not like beds dat were killed and thrown for crowd attraction,this heard the gun shot and speedily bullet scattered the roof and pierced the ceiling,we are not a ministry or MOFO like u dat believes any gibberish they see. Mofo get brain.

All hotels hosting big politicians around my hood claim ignorance.

My popsi is 86years, wouldn't have survived d bullet MOFO.

Your second to last paragraph is likely the source of the bullet. I live beside a "big" hotel, and I can tell you the policemen guarding the hotel shoot into the air indiscriminately anytime a "big boy" comes. I think the boys pay them for each bullet shot

I know say they go do mistake one day, na then dey go hear am, cos one military man around have already warned them
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Joeyfizzo: 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
The speed at which a bullet goes up in d sky when shot is the same speed it takes when coming down .....
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by chrisj2(m): 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
Fake story! My missus is not the most clever just asked, if the bullet penetrated the fabric of the bed?

So, it could not have killed... Also what sort of roofing do they have... Stupid testimony - gullible religious types will swallow this nonsense
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by limcar: 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

whats the difference between a rocket launching into space and a bullet flying thru the air?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Ofadaman(m): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
Most bullet shot into the air often falls back to the earth with a lot of force,most times the shooter does not direct his gun well.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by kalu61(m): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

A free falling bearing and a bullet have same gravity when they fall, if you did Physics in your JSS1 you would have know this, Stop being ignorant, science is not like religion that you have to have faith, I have given you a diagram if you have any iota of dignity you will stop and look at the next post to draw traffic!
I don't have time to engage ignorant folks. If you have problem with religion, go and sort it out with yourself and don't mix science you know nothing about with it.

Claiming to have knowledge of physics my foot.

Since you missed your physics cclas, l have attached a link (source) to cure your ignorance. Go argue with your ignorance man. Compliments of the season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/02/15/firing-a-gun-into-the-air-can-kill-someone/amp/
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by dapaiks: 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
dingbang:

Let me try and use english to explain this to to you.
In physics, there is what is called projectile motion, which is the path an object travels when shot into the air, now when the gun is shot into the air from point B at an angre less than 90 degrees, it travels through a semi-parabolic path upwards, the bullet then attain a maximum speed and height at poin A. From this point A, the speed and momentum (force) of the bullet reduce as it start to descend down words. Note: at any angle >45 degrees the more the impact of the bullet and visvasa...

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
kalu61:

Not at all if the force is that less than 10g.For your own reference go and study projectiles,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wife Throws Her Nigerian Husband Stuffs Out Of His Own Home (pic/vid) / I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.