Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord (69604 Views)

My Breakfast This Morning (picture) / Mubarak Sanyaolu: Parents Of Lagos Boy Killed By Stray Bullet Welcome Twins / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Bobxin: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Look at this illustration, Im sure you are more clever than the OP
Look at shooter A, now explain to me how his bullet can land at position(PB)??
Dont you think shooter A's bullet will carry o n to position PX?

Now look at shooter B, don't you think he is the only o ne who's bullet will land at position PB? and if this happen what do you thin will happen to the Bed?

There is still one 'possible shooter' you've not illustrated, a shooter positioning his gun at 90° or less into the air. What's the fate of the bullet?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by thinkmoney(m): 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Look at this illustration, Im sure you are more clever than the OP
Look at shooter A, now explain to me how his bullet can land at position(PB)??
Dont you think shooter A's bullet will carry o n to position PX?

Now look at shooter B, don't you think he is the only o ne who's bullet will land at position PB? and if this happen what do you thin will happen to the Bed?
You appear smart too. So let's calm down and get each other.
Its physics:
1) falling bullets, from a barrel shot almost vertically upward might not be able to pierce a roof because when it's falling down, it comes with a very much reduced velocity (like 1% of the total energy when fired up), however, when the type of bullets is a sharp one and if weather factors allow, it sometimes proofs fatal.
2, bullets short at an angle (which might still not pass as stray bullets), like the one u showed in that illustration do not fall but fly even when coming down, hence they are still very very dangerous. We have heard of bullets like this breaking into houses and causing injuries and/or fatalities.
Still take time to research na...arghhh
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Omakraid(f): 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

That one chuock you ok, read the wording from what insstablog posted and what the guy poste and how he tried to twist the story. Pay attention to the one instalblog where it said they did not hear Gun shot and how the Op's one said he heard a gunshot
Ok, I get you.. So, my question is a post made around 11.54a.m and a post made 1hour ago, which came first? 11.54 of course, so how did the poster from 11.54a.m copy what was posted 1hr ago and also twist it... The story might be from somewhere else but definitely not instablog and until I see the story with a time frame earlier than when OP posted his, I won't doubt his story..
Merry Christmas, Hope you have chicken and cold malt for me to step down this back and forth shaa

1 Like

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Bobxin: 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Omakraid(f): 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

That one chuock you ok, read the wording from what insstablog posted and what the guy poste and how he tried to twist the story. Pay attention to the one instalblog where it said they did not hear Gun shot and how the Op's one said he heard a gunshot
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Bobxin:

There is still one 'possible shooter' you've not illustrated, a shooter positioning his gun at 90° or less into the air. What's the fate of the bullet?
Ok let me upgrade a natural path of a bullet fired at 90 degs have a look, lets say shooterA is a very tall guy say 7ft tall ok, U said 90 degs right?
Now what's the height of an average bungalow? so any how our shooter at 90 degs will be same level as lintel, the bullet will go fru the walls of the house not from ceiling have a look
So look clearly shooter A's bullet at 7ft tall angled at 90 degs shot is going fru to position PY.
Question for you Bro, where do you think shooter A's bullet will land if he fires at 90 degs? PB or PY?

2 Likes

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Osyxcel(m): 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
micki1:

Thank God no one was there. I had a similar experience in 2006. I was sitting on the rug I our living room with my brother and a family friend sitting on chairs. We heard a loud bang through the ceiling with fine particles of the ceiling flying around me. I jumped away on hearing the noise. I came back and saw the hole through the ceiling and realized it pierced through the roof as well. We seached everywhere if there was a bullet but didn't find any. It was days later when I was doing thorough clean up that I saw the bullet. We showed it to a police officer and he said it was police bullet. The hole on the ceiling and roof was directly above my head where I sat. By the way, we never heard any gun shot except the bang through the roof. Na God dey save us o!

Similar experience I had years back. We were in the living room. Then we heard a loud bang. A bullet hit my dad's car hood. It made a hole and remained in the hood till it was removed by a panel beater. We never heard the gunshot.

1 Like

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by dingbang(m): 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
macjireh:

there are 2 possibilities here...
First d shooter may have shot at an inclined angle facing d roof of d house,, d house could be a storey building which d OP didn't state,,so at an inclined angle facing d roof of d storey building,, d bullet went in and came out thru d ceiling...

Second possibility is for d bullet to be shot into d sky at a momentum which is mass X velocity,, wen d bullet gets to it's peak,, it will descend back to d ground with almost d same momentum a little lesser than d ascending momentum bkos there will be minimal losses due air friction...so dat bullet is still potentially as dangerous as a bullet shot from d gun
i thought at angle 90, the bullet shot would reach a max peak in air and lose momentum, then return back with normal gravitational speed at 9.8m/s?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Bobxin: 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Ok let me upgrade a natural path of a bullet fired at 90 degs have a look, lets say shooter is a very tall guy say 7ft tall ok, U said 90 degs right?
Now whats the height of an average bungalow? so any how our shooter at 90 degs will be same level as lintel, he bullet will go fru the walls of the house not from ceiling have a look
So look clearly shooter A's bullet at 7ft tall angled at 90 degs shot is going fru to position PY.

180° or less
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Orente21(f): 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Ok let me upgrade a natural path of a bullet fired at 90 degs have a look, lets say shooter is a very tall guy say 7ft tall ok, U said 90 degs right?
Now whats the height of an average bungalow? so any how our shooter at 90 degs will be same level as lintel, he bullet will go fru the walls of the house not from ceiling have a look
Question for you Bro, where do you think shooter A's bullet will land if he fires at 90 degs? PB or PY?
Detective.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
Bobxin:

180° or less
Bross Bross, E be like say you forge say 180 degs means straight up o n his head, 180 is 2x90 degs

1 Like

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
Orente21:
Detective.
Im not ahah howver its basic science, at least anyone who aint science inclined can see from the diagram

1 Like

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Orente21(f): 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Im not ahah howver its basic science, at least anyone who aint science inclined can see from the diagram
I know. But u try in dt diagram
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
dingbang:
i thought at angle 90, the bullet shot would reach a max peak in air and lose momentum, then return back with normal gravitational speed at 9.8m/s?
@ at angle 90 the bullet will not reach the roof unless the shooter is standing at least 15 to 20 ft tall as human or from a vantage position as illustrated with my shooter B
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
Orente21:
I know. But u try in dt diagram
Thank you, I have to do this at work every day to judge where certain thigs might land if there is a swing or gust of wind!

1 Like

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
Omakraid:

Ok, I get you.. So, my question is a post made around 11.54a.m and a post made 1hour ago, which came first? 11.54 of course, so how did the poster from 11.54a.m copy what was posted 1hr ago and also twist it... The story might be from somewhere else but definitely not instablog and until I see the story with a time frame earlier than when OP posted his, I won't doubt his story..
Merry Christmas, Hope you have chicken and cold malt for me to step down this back and forth shaa
Did you compare the write op here on Nairaland and the one on instal? read both E go chock you how he twisted the story[b], One said he heard gun shot, the other said they did not hear gun shot[/b]
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Bobxin: 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Bross Bross, E be like say you forge say 180 degs means straight up o n his head, 180 is 2x90 degs

Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=Bobxin post=108815267][/quote]
Exactly thats 180 Degs, bross this one nor follow ohh grin grin grin
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by limcar: 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Good question U meant no oxygen in space.
Answer, Modern ammunitions have oxidizing agents within them that creates oxygen for ignition and ofcos the resultant blast projects the slog, But big But, a gun that fires munitions that is Gun powder based will fire better in space than earth cos of the above theory as Gunpowder has an oxidizing agent within called Potassium Nitrate KNO3 in black gun powder. U can research this if you want. I shall stop there.
thanks. what's your discipline
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
limcar:
thanks. what's your discipline
Engineering
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by Benrosaria(m): 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
malvisguy212:
take of your atheism off from this thread, the devil advocate.

Knowledge is the ability to know, your knowledge has brought you so small to yourself that you can’t tell atheism from critical thinking
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by kalu61(m): 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
Adaqueentroy:

You can't be comparing a human skin to roofing material na. Abeg check it yourself. A roof has two major resistant sheets, the first which is the thick metal covering and the second which is either pop, or others. So yes your article is right in saying that a falling bullet can have the force potential to penetrate soft human skin and in rare cases kill but certainly not a roof. I still stand by what I said earlier that the bullet that penetrated that roof was not a falling bullet.
Make wuna try to use Google before coming out to form rigid with your opinions.

Falling bullet can penetrate roof "fact"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kcra.com/amp/article/stray-bullet-falls-through-roof-hits-stockton-woman/10031176
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by dingbang(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

@ at angle 90 the bullet will not reach the roof unless the shooter is standing at least 15 to 20 ft tall as human or from a vantage position as illustrated with my shooter B
ok.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by samuel900(m): 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
U don turn Awilo
aderemielijah:
Eh!?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by nairaman66(m): 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Ok look at this trajectory and tell me how it is possible.

In your diagram! You assumed the position of the shooter, and you can tell exactly how the bullet as a projectile object would land.

In our case scenario, we didn’t know what position the bullet was shot from or how the shooter positioned himself.. You have to assume many case scenarios of the shooter and the bullet.
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by nairaman66(m): 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Bobxin:

Or 45 degrees and so on and so forth!
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by malvisguy212: 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Benrosaria:

Knowledge is the ability to know, your knowledge has brought you so small to yourself that you can’t tell atheism from critical thinking
indeed!!! And God has chosen the foolish thing to confront the wise....
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
nairaman66:

In your diagram! You assumed the position of the shooter, and you can tell exactly how the bullet as a projectile object would land.

In our case scenario, we didn’t know what position the bullet was shot from or how the shooter positioned himself.. You have to assume many case scenarios of the shooter and the bullet.
OK since you think my assumed position is flawed, can you do your own diagram to illustrate your of trajectory please?
we are waiting
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
nairaman66:

Or 45 degrees and so on and so forth!
your own is even worse at 45 degs he will be shooting at the floor, look at shooter A from my Diagram adjust the angle downwards to half of 90. wont your aime be 45 degs lower than PY?
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by erico2k2(m): 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Ok let me upgrade a natural path of a bullet fired at 90 degs have a look, lets say shooterA is a very tall guy say 7ft tall ok, U said 90 degs right?
Now what's the height of an average bungalow? so any how our shooter at 90 degs will be same level as lintel, the bullet will go fru the walls of the house not from ceiling have a look
ava look at this again
Re: Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord by nairaman66(m): 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
erico2k2:

your own is even worse at 45 degs he will be shooting at the floor, look at shooter A from my Diagram adjust the angle downwards to half of 90. wont your aime be 45 degs lower than PY?

Most of you guys here don’t think! But always take assumption and forces it on people’s throats!

My submissions were bore out of pure thinking that the shooter would have assumed many possible positions for the bullet to land where it is. The bullet too could have been assumed to be shot from different models of guns, the speed, gravity etc needs to be taken into consideration. A diagram or picture is not enough to illustrate the scenario!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Wedding Rings Only / Dear Nairaland Family. . . . .how Do You Define A 'KRAY-KRAY'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.