Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? (20257 Views)

Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? / Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by yunqdady: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
makavelidon:
I am a soldier currently serving in Maiduguri. There are over 500 hundred NGOs in Maiduguri doing their thing. I will advise your friend to accept the job offer, the State capital is very safe. It is only the villages that are prone to attacks. As long as you don't travel by road you are safe in Maiduguri. Don't loose this golden opportunity.
But can a soldier decide he doesn't want to stay in such place? If no, can the soldier resign
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by yunqdady: 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2021
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by yunqdady: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2021
Elsueno:

Nairaland is really amazing woh, see someone in the extreme corner of Nigeria trying to educate me on what I have experience several times grin . Boko Haram & Iswap does not have SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE, if they did the military jets & helicopters would have not even be able to operate...even with thier RPG they struggle to hit tanks & vehicles tallkless of a flying chopper.
Do u have any idea how many helicopters hover around that state daily? pls do not talk about what u do not understand, Iswap/BH do not just wake up & attack a military outpost( terrorists get decimated at bases). Pls stop getting swered by thier propaganda. fact is, if not for save heavens in neighboring countries, the armed forces would have wiped out these guys a long time ago
Kindly explain this
"if not for save heavens in neighboring countries, the armed forces would have wiped out these guys a long time ago "
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Mrsoft3(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
yunqdady:

How cam one get to maiduguri by flight? Or is the road safe FROM Abuja to maiduguri?

Flight to kano then to maiduguri, please if you can afford the flight it's safer. Dough people ply the road too
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by freshkpomo(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
noble2faith:

Slaughtered like animal or shot?

He was blindfolded along with three others, then asked to kneel down, then they shot them one by one, it was like bullet did not penetrate one, they switched off the camera and maybe used stone on him then when the camera cane back the guy was gone...

I did not even know something like happened until I saw it on his whatsapp, he made a screenshot and circled his brother, you need to see fire from the gun mouth as him screenshot am. The guy was a humanitarian worker, an Urhobo guy.. If this thing not happen to who I know I go say Na Saturday film...

Before his death, his family had worries that they did not hear from him, only to see him in that video without saying goodbye to mama of siblings. Who ever brought Boko Haram to this country will continue to reap karma even in after life and the blood of the slain will hunt till their 10th generation.

Isé..

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by freshkpomo(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
GorillaApp:
Are you serious, freshkpomo come and educate this one. Are you aware that boko haran has the capability to shot down helicopters with RPG and other surface to air missilles? You were not aware that a jet fighter not a chopper o, was shot down abi? Be there fooling yourself.
You are really a baby, I guess.
You mentioned security, you haven't read that these guys do attack military formation and base? Even governor zulum convoy was attacked twice? Who can be more guarded than a state governor?
Pls don't make this thing light. Taking a job in maidugiri is a big security risk. Anyone going should know it is a risk venture.
Because I used the word NGO you presume it is some local stuff, we are talking about international organizations from world bodies. They don't cut corners

He was blindfolded along with three others, then asked to kneel down, then they shot them one by one, it was like bullet did not penetrate one, they switched off the camera and maybe used stone on him then when the camera cane back the guy was gone...

I did not even know something like happened until I saw it on his whatsapp, he made a screenshot and circled his brother, you need to see fire from the gun mouth as him screenshot am. The guy was a humanitarian worker, an Urhobo guy.. If this thing not happen to who I know I go say Na Saturday film...

Before his death, his family had worries that they did not hear from him, only to see him in that video without saying goodbye to mama of siblings. Who ever brought Boko Haram to this country will continue to reap karma even in after life and the blood of the slain will hunt till their 10th generation.

Isé..

Nor bother argue with that guy, there are good and bad people on nairaland, I dont know the group the guy belongs to, but borno is not safe. The roads Linking towns are prone to attacks, imagine getting married off to one Fulani jihadist for life... Some women kidnapped have not seen their family for years, they have become baby factory and Islam permits treating women as slaves, imagine what Boko Haram will do to them..

There are several clips where they raid towns, first people they chop lff their heads are those humanitarian workers..

One of my guy when be hardened cultists that year for Benin here watch video begin shiver for wetin these guys dey do with human being, they were plucking human heads like coconut cry ... I laugh am tire say shey Na him dey form hard man for us that year... Just forget Nigeria, if you get money just relocate with your loved ones... These guys are buying weapons for war.

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by johnsmhelia15(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2021
yunqdady:

How much does MSF pays for medical field please
Between 300k to 400k NgO in Maiduguri is no longer lucrative like before. Gov zulum want to chase away anything NGo from Maiduguri

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by johnsmhelia15(m): 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
Abdogood:

Oga people are earning millions monthly working in private comp. If you have the right career path n skillset. That high paying job will look for you. You don't give what you don't have.
Please i beg you name the camp or NGO here in Maiduguri infact borno state at large that paid contract staff or starter anything above 500k not even the 700k the Op mentioned and i will show you evidence that you're lying. I know and have visited all the IDP camps in borno state.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Elsueno: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
yunqdady:

Kindly explain this
"if not for save heavens in neighboring countries, the armed forces would have wiped out these guys a long time ago "

When the armed forces start major military offensive, the terrorists cross border to our neighbors & hide.......

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by DEROX: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2021
PrinceofAgoAre:
Yes.
yes i am too i saw ago are so i knew but am from igboho
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2021
DEROX:
yes i am too i saw ago are so i knew but am from igboho
Yes. Ago - are is my hometown.. Igboho.. I've never been, but i've heard of it thanks to sunday igboho.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by callydon(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
modupeayomide:

You did the wrong thing. Have you been to Maiduguri? Do you have associates who have been to Maiduguri? Asides from what we hear in the News, do you know the current state of Maiduguri? You people should stop discouraging others from opportunities that might benefit them. I school in Adamawa State and i chose the federal university here at a time when the media was rife with news of bombings in the North East. Prior to coming here, i no sabi anybody, i no even sabi where dem dey enter Motor go Yola from Lagos but i sha wan go school. Infact i slept in a Bus in the park when i arrived for my post UTME. If i had listened to people and the Media, i won't be in School and i won't have all the beautiful opportunities i currently enjoy. I have not been to Maiduguri but i have close friends and course mates who are from Maiduguri and they have beautiful things to say about their state, no matter how short a break may be, you see them rushing back home for the break.
The people here are good and life no hard. Just face wetin carry you come and respect the norms of the people.
True, there is the issue of Boko Haram and insecurity but you should have made necessary findings before declining the offer. If the Job is genuine, then you did not help your friend at all. Would i encourage anyone to take a well paying job or School in Maiduguri? Definitely! Just make necessary findings from the right people

Good day, please what's d best route /option to get to Yola from Lagos.

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by marvel2real: 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
yunqdady:
How did you get there? Through road or air?
Road but if you can afford you can use air,but road is relatively safe.

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by modupeayomide: 8:48am On Jan 01, 2022
callydon:

Good day, please what's d best route /option to get to Yola from Lagos.

Ọmọ! I don't know o. Na just once i don go house since i began schooling here and na Iddo park i dey follow, from Lagos to Jalingo then to Yola. Na from Ijora 7-Up my friends dey enter Motor and i think they take the Abuja route.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by callydon(m): 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
modupeayomide:

Ọmọ! I don't know o. Na just once i don go house since i began schooling here and na Iddo park i dey follow, from Lagos to Jalingo then to Yola. Na from Ijora 7-Up my friends dey enter Motor and i think they take the Abuja route.

Please how many days/hours does this ur route take?

And is from Iddo park to Jalingo to daytime journey, or night travel?
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by modupeayomide: 7:16am On Jan 02, 2022
callydon:

Please how many days/hours does this ur route take?

And is from Iddo park to Jalingo to daytime journey, or night travel?
2 Days and na morning Waka.
You take off from Iddo in the morning and get to Jalingo the next morning, from Jalingo you will take a car to Yola and may reach Yola by 4 in the evening, so altogether na 2 Days waka. If you intend traveling through Jalingo, i can link you up with our Driver.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by AMINDA: 11:32am On Jan 27, 2022
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by johnsmhelia15(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=AMINDA post=109730448]How long does MSF take to get back after an interview? A friend of mine concluded the final stage of interview after which references were asked for. It's been 2 weeks and no word or contact with the reference provided. Is it normal or should she move on?

Some times it takes month before they get back to you after the interview.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by akanbiaa(m): 7:12am On Dec 24, 2022
freshkpomo:

Isé..

Nor bother argue with that guy, there are good and bad people on nairaland, I dont know the group the guy belongs to, but borno is not safe. The roads Linking towns are prone to attacks, imagine getting married off to one Fulani jihadist for life... Some women kidnapped have not seen their family for years, they have become baby factory and Islam permits treating women as slaves, imagine what Boko Haram will do to them..

There are several clips where they raid towns, first people they chop lff their heads are those humanitarian workers..

One of my guy when be hardened cultists that year for Benin here watch video begin shiver for wetin these guys dey do with human being, they were plucking human heads like coconut cry ... I laugh am tire say shey Na him dey form hard man for us that year... Just forget Nigeria, if you get money just relocate with your loved ones... These guys are buying weapons for war.

Islam does not permit treating women as slaves, and the terrorist groups are enemies of Islam, have you asked yourself or read about researched reports of how foreign intelligence outfits whom don't even have Muslim amongst them form such terrorist groups and fund them to create chaos, and every religion have bad and good followers but Islam the religion itself is not bad, and don't forget there are also hypocrites in religion(those who publicly practice a religion with passion and behind the scene do all within power to destroy the religion by tarnishing it's image in the eyes of those that are not well informed or already hate the religion due to ignorance or stereotyping. )
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by freshkpomo(m): 7:26am On Dec 24, 2022
akanbiaa:
Islam does not permit treating women as slaves, and the terrorist groups are enemies of Islam, have you asked yourself or read about researched reports of how foreign intelligence outfits whom don't even have Muslim amongst them form such terrorist groups and fund them to create chaos, and every religion have bad and good followers but Islam the religion itself is not bad, and don't forget there are also hypocrites in religion(those who publicly practice a religion with passion and behind the scene do all within power to destroy the religion by tarnishing it's image in the eyes of those that are not well informed or already hate the religion due to ignorance or stereotyping. )

hypocrites like those who kiled Deborah Samuel and the millions of imams and Muslim worshipers who supported them all over the country? Not one Muslim came out to condemn it. The few who did, used sweet languages so that they will not anger their Muslim family. Finally, stop saying Islam does not permit treating women like shit, I have had a fair share of some beautiful Lebanese, Iranian and Pakistani women and all said one thing. Even almighty Saudi Arabia has so many restriction to women. Some Muslim nations still frown at letting women go to school but they just have to give in. A country where a woman cannot go to the embassy on her own to process a Visa lol...

You always blame the west for everything, but you don't look at how many of yhe western soldiers die yearly from these terrorists. Do you mean to tell me the west enjoy sending their people to die as infidels to uncircumcised arabu? So those Muslim immigrants that later start attacking their Host countries also came from the West abi? Isam is terrorism the earlier you embrace the truth the better. Even some Moroccans already made a movie recently to attest to that.

Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by akanbiaa(m): 7:31am On Dec 24, 2022
freshkpomo:

hypocrites like those who kiled Deborah Samuel and the millions of imams and Muslim worshipers who supported them all over the country? Not one Muslim came out to condemn it. The few who did, used sweet languages so that they will not anger their Muslim family. Finally, stop saying Islam does not permit treating women like shit, I have had a fair share of some beautiful Lebanese, Iranian and Pakistani women and all said one thing. Even almighty Saudi Arabia has so many restriction to women. Some Muslim nations still frown at letting women go to school but they just have to give in. A country where a woman cannot go to the embassy on her own to process a Visa lol...

You always blame the west for everything, but you don't look at how many of yhe western soldiers die yearly from these terrorists. Do you mean to tell me the west enjoy sending their people to die as infidels to uncircumcised arabu? So those Muslim immigrants that later start attacking their Host countries also came from the West abi? Isam is terrorism the earlier you embrace the truth the better. Even some Moroccans already made a movie recently to attest to that.

You have not still pointed out where Islam teaches all the bad things you mentioned you only talked about some people you claimed did bad in your eyes like those who their countries was invaded and their resources exploited and killed all because of lies of non existent weapon of mass destruction which have been exposed to be a lie. And If women are treated as slaves by Islam why are they not leaving the religion why are millions more reverting to Islam? I guess a slave wil see how a Queen is treated as slavery and a Queen will see how a slave is treated as slavery. It depends on perspective, but you spoke with bitterness about some Muslims on some alleged injustice but have you spoken in same bitterway about the people of Palestine that their land was occupied and they are killed and treated as slaves or it does not matter to you because they are Muslims?
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by freshkpomo(m): 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2022
akanbiaa:
You have not still pointed out where Islam teaches all the bad things you mentioned you only talked about some people you claimed did bad in your eyes like those who their countries was invaded and their resources exploited and killed all because of lies of non existent weapon of mass destruction which have been exposed to be a lie. And If women are treated as slaves by Islam why are they not leaving the religion why are millions more reverting to Islam? I guess a slave wil see how a Queen is treated as slavery and a Queen will see how a slave is treated as slavery. It depends on perspective, but you spoke with bitterness about some Muslims on some alleged injustice but have you spoken in same bitterway about the people of Palestine that their land was occupied and they are killed and treated as slaves or it does not matter to you because they are Muslims?

so Deborah Samuel invaded people's country,the preacher that was slaughtered in like a ram also invaded people's country. Thousands of christians getting killed and their Churches burnt all invaded people's country meanwhile all of these happened in Nigeria an you Muslims will always blame the west for all your problems.

We don't have to argue too much, go to front of redeem or winners and burn 5 Bible and see what wiol happen to you. Then go to front of any mosque in the world, I mean any mosque since you said some mosques bekings to the West and are pagans, so look for a non western mosque and light just one page of a Quran in fire and see what happens.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by akanbiaa(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
freshkpomo:

so Deborah Samuel invaded people's country,the preacher that was slaughtered in like a ram also invaded people's country. Thousands of christians getting killed and their Churches burnt all invaded people's country meanwhile all of these happened in Nigeria an you Muslims will always blame the west for all your problems.

We don't have to argue too much, go to front of redeem or winners and burn 5 Bible and see what wiol happen to you. Then go to front of any mosque in the world, I mean any mosque since you said some mosques bekings to the West and are pagans, so look for a non western mosque and light just one page of a Quran in fire and see what happens.
Okay, so if you are for justice and peace , what is the solution that will make love take control and mutual respect for people religions with no provacations and reaction to provocations and for people not to have closed mindset about others religion and tagging them enemies?
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by freshkpomo(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2022
akanbiaa:
Okay, so if you are for justice and peace , what is the solution that will make love take control and mutual respect for people religions with no provacations and reaction to provocations and for people not to have closed mindset about others religion and tagging them enemies?
India and Pakistan style will help.
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Exceed15: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
AquaPetals:
I wouldn't advice my friends to go there, no Matter the amount.
I could remember vividly my experience there during Youth service some years back.
Some Fulani urchin knocked me down from behind and left me unconscious for a moment. He tried to raape me with his dirty, pathetic and uncircumcised dicck. I regained consciousness when he was about tearing my panties and gave him a knee uppercut on his balls. He screamed with excruciating pains as some pus oozed out from the pericap of his disgusting tool. I further kicked his nose with my orange boots and he bled.
The next day I quickly applied for redeployment to a more reasonable location.

My advice is for all indigenes of that state to go back there and take jobs.

Jeez! Thank God for your life o
Re: Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? by Pelumitimi: 6:25am On Jul 06, 2023
I stay in maiduguri...what you guys hear 9f the news in totally different from wat happens......as a matter of fact that job offering 700k as pay is stress free......live in maiduguri is cool

Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment March 2017 (9 Positions) / How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit / Agxis Human Resources

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79