Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Japan Or Singapore - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japan Or Singapore (22872 Views)

Japan Or South Korea / Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is / New Advise On How To Travel To Hong Kong Or Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japan Or Singapore by KillerBeauty(f): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
I will suggest applying for a scholarship. After studies you can relocate to Europe or north America
Re: Japan Or Singapore by blackbriar: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
zinaunreal:

Baba Japan is super racist

How do you mean??
They will call police on you for no reason?
And police will shoot you??

Bros everyone is racist.
Japan racism is not physical nor violence. You just be ignored
Re: Japan Or Singapore by LucySpace: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
blackbriar:

How do you mean??
They will call police on you for no reason?
And police will shoot you??

Bros everyone is racist.
Japan racism is not physical nor violence. You just be ignored
bro Japanese scared of each other talkless of you that is black
They so lonely that they suicidal........you got nothing to worry in Japan
Re: Japan Or Singapore by kishimi8(m): 12:21am On Dec 30, 2021
Gerrard59:

1. Japan is cheaper especially outside of the Kanto and Kansai region. If you get admitted into Kyushu or Hokkaido University, you will reside in prefectures that way affordable than Tokyo or Osaka but limited jobs though. Singapore is ridiculously expensive for a student relying on self sponsorship if you're not from a rich family.

https://www.nairaland.com/4321723/6-countries-study-top-universities

See that thread? I posted it few years ago even before graduation as I had researched everything. Did you see Singapore? Did you see Japan? I even broke it down to the naira, which has devalued yet the fees remain the same in Yen till date. Also, I don't think the Japanese government will increase the fee any time soon.

2. Since it's robotics, Japan is better. Some Singaporeans travel to Japan for certain degrees such as robotics if they don't get into American or Canadian universities. Also, although Singapore's universities (NUS and NTU) are well ranked, Japanese universities are highly ranked overall across all trio higher education ranking agencies (QS, ARWU and TheTimesHigherEducation).

3. Japan. If you don't have a high 2.1 as minimum, I really doubt you will get admitted into a university in Singapore. You can omit the Imperial Universities in Japan (Japan's equivalent of the ivy league) and still get into good schools - Kobe University, Chiba University, Yokohoma University, Nagasaki University etc. I had good grades and publications, so I got admitted into an Imperial University.

4. Japan. Ridiculously low unemployment rate (although lower salaries compared to western countries but hey, lower cost of living too. Tokyo is cheaper than New York or London yet more safer than both combined). There are jobs, just know the language as it offers more job opportunities. Please get into a national university as it is cheaper, you will be offered free Japanese language classes (tied to your graduation sef) and more job opportunities especially if it's an Imperial University.

When I'm chanced, I'll outline the entire process in getting admitted into a Japanese university and the visa application process at the Japanese embassy in Abuja (in the Japan thread on Nairaland). I'll give you a mention.

Please whats the title of the japan thread ,
Re: Japan Or Singapore by Gerrard59(m): 5:43am On Dec 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: Japan Or Singapore by moonraker(m): 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
Gerrard59:

If he finishes his MSc and opts for the Highly Skilled Visa route, he gets it shortened to 3 years with 70 points and a year with 80 points. It is not a black or white situation.

More easier said than done but ok!
There are other factors to consider in terms of points but what do I know.

It’s not like I have lived there for a while or something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day / Car Dives Into A Building Window After Ghastly Accident In Lagos. Photos/video / Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.