Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,756 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Don't risk marriage with these set of people - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't risk marriage with these set of people (50636 Views)

My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Ladies Please Don't Risk Your Life In Order To Save Your Marriage. / Can I Do Court Marriage With Her? She Has A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Mummyfour(f): 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
Josephamstrong1:

It's either you're marriagedly tired, but managing for kids' sake or divorced, single but scared to get married. Your writeup is so biased, coming from a dark scepter of an experienced, but broken and disappointed heart.
so because I Decided to outline most people's experiences males and females in a marriage or relationship and advise against making mistakes they will regret, you ended up using you monitoring device to know that I am not married,or divorced or just managing with children.
And your choice of words dark sceptre whatever it means is your opinion.
People go through a lot in relationships.
I have done a comprehensive research to the best of my capabilities and most of the issues boil down to some of what I listed.
You don't have any right to judge my comments as being biased
Did you really take time to read through my comment?, Or you just picked what you wanted.
Did you read the part I talked about mistakes that people make because of money or looks?.
Did you read the part where I said that no relationship is perfect.
Did you read the part where I said most of the signs I highlighted are usually always ignored until it becomes too late?.
Did you also see the part where I indicated that those points are for males and females?.
You know one thing I really don't like about nairaland apart from tribalism is people's toxicity and know it all attitude.
And if you don't feel comfortable taking in the message without attacking the messenger, I'd suggest you waka pass my comments next time please.

4 Likes

Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Josephamstrong1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
derecho:

When you understand what true Love is, you'll know it's more than enough.
If you love a person, why won't you communicate? Will it be hard to forgive or forgo?
Love is not an easy task...that's why it was given the husband methinks
FORGIVENESS is a virtue. Some men lack it. It's a level of attainment in growth and maturity.
While they tell you Forgiveness is Divine. it's no joke.
A point in a man's life comes when his level of forgiveness is tested...lol!
Marriage is a healer to eyes blinded by love.
In marriage, every aspect of your life as a man is tested.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by wildikeman(m): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
I- Never marry someone without the fear of God. It's dangerous.
So many have married the ones that believed in God and have been killed and never found peace. Don't delude yourself
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by derecho(m): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
Do you know the meaning of Love?
Ever read Love covers a multitude of sins?
My brother, love isn't those things people call love.
Josephamstrong1:

FORGIVENESS is a virtue. Some men lack it. It's a level of attainment in growth and maturity.
While they tell you Forgiveness is Divine. it's no joke.
A point in a man's life comes when his level of forgiveness is tested...lol!
Marriage is a healer to eyes blinded by love.
In marriage, every aspect of your life as a man is tested.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Josephamstrong1(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Mummyfour:
so because I Decided to outline most people's experiences males and females in a marriage or relationship and advise against making mistakes they will regret, you ended up using you monitoring device to know that I am not married,or divorced or just managing with children.
And your choice of words dark sceptre whatever it means is your opinion.
People go through a lot in relationships.
I have done a comprehensive research to the best of my capabilities and most of the issues boil down to some of what I listed.
You don't have any right to judge my comments as being biased.
And if you don't feel comfortable taking in the message without attacking the messenger, I'd suggest you waka pass my comments next time please.

Calm down, ma'am. Whether it's a firsthand experience or others, no marriage is a bed of roses.
I was only able to decipher sentiment in your comment which is borne outta personal experience. Accept it or not, this is a public space. Everyone mustn't swallow your ideologies hook line and sinker. But that's by the way.
Your stated out points would have been valid for consumption if you had included your gender in it. You sounded so pained with men...like the other gender are all saints. Or you've forgotten that most of these marital crisis are invariably caused by the wives.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
derecho:
Do you know the meaning of Love? Ever read Love covers a multitude of sins? My brother, love isn't those things people call love.
Now we're learning. Have you also heard about the phrase: "Love isn't just enough?" Then what's enough? Love itself is a virtue, but one outta OTHER Virtues.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by derecho(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Josephamstrong1:

Now we're learning.
Have you also heard about the phrase: "Love isn't just enough?"
Then what's enough?

Love itself is a virtue, but one outta OTHER Virtues.

The bolded is an opinion by those who don't fully understand Love.
What I quoted was a Bible verse, I thought you know.
Love is so deep that all the commandments is summarized into one- Love.
Even the Bible says God is Love.
The more we understand Love, the more see we've not started.
For example, if you Love, submission won't be an issue.If you love, you'll want the best for your spouse.You can't love someone and want to disrespect them.Love can make you die for someone if need be.

If you want to see love as a virtue, then it's the chief of virtues AND THe ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS.

It was Love that made God give His only begotten Son, while we were yet sinners-nothing attractive about us.
Hence, love can make you give all to an undeserving person. The issue of attraction is immaterial. Love elicits Mercy...

Love is never blind, it chooses to be blind and hopes for the best.
I wish I fit continue
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=Mummyfour . But if the miracle is not coming, it is better one lives the marriage with his / her life and sanity intact.[/quote]

Nice write-up, but you got something wrong. Are there men that don't do house chores, like is that possible?

I think it's mostly found among so called slayqueens. All the young and old men I know are very good at house chores. My current landlord is almost 75 and he still washes his clothes himself and sweeps the front yard. He believes if others do it, they won't do it well, and that applies to most men I've met.

I think that issue applies more to women cos we have more women nowadays who can't even sweep nor cook.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by ImoleNaija: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
juman:
Never marry a woman that can beat you.
She go be beating you during every little misunderstanding.
grin grin grin

Iya Basira comes to mind. She dey beat her hubby like tomorrow no dey. cheesy
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Rolly22(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
drimzsmoke:

It's a disease of Africans,the AS genotype is protective of severe malaria...In those days,before the advent of antimalarial,AA genotype children used to die anyhow because of malaria

But I heard there are some tests you can run to ascertain the Genotypes of your Foetus??
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Mummyfour(f): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=Yampotatocarrot post=108885535][/quote]I know a man that feels doing house chores is a taboo and a sort of degradation of his rep.
He never washes his clothes or even prepares meals for his little children when the wife is seriously sick or even out of the house to the Market or to do school runs .
This particular man would rather tell the children to eat Biscuits or bread and wait for their mum to return..he will never clean up the kid's mess( poo/ wee).
He will only make his own food when the wife is tired and sick, and when she begs him to help out, he will refuse outrightly or do it grudgingly.
This friend of mine had serious menstrual cramps and she was weeping profusely begging the husband to help pick the children from school, but he refused and told her to take drugs, wait out the pain and go back and pick them later.
It was like 4pm before she felt better to go and pick children that had closed since 2pm
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by ImoleNaija: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
KarinaLove:
Never Marry A Man who has spent all his life and youth having sex and sleeping with different sexual partners.

Never marry a man who keeps sleeping around. Keeping girlfriend and having sex. Some their body count has reached 1000 before age 30

You marry any of these men, YOUR MARRIAGE WOULD END IN BITTER TEARS.

I come in peace.

Wahala for whose kpekus or gbola no get brake o. cheesy
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by ABCDEOLA: 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
dontrulee:
Never marry a lady that says, love me the way I am. You go suffer oooo
Confirmed
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Mummyfour(f): 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
Josephamstrong1:

Calm down, ma'am. Whether it's a firsthand experience or others, no marriage is a bed of roses.
I was only able to decipher sentiment in your comment which is borne outta personal experience. Accept it or not, this is a public space. Everyone mustn't swallow your ideologies hook line and sinker. But that's by the way.
Your stated out points would have been valid for consumption if you had included your gender in it. You sounded so pained with men...like the other gender are all saints. Or you've forgotten that most of these marital crisis are invariably caused by the wives.
I really hate it when people like you have this mindset that it is a woman that always causes problems in marraiges.
Oga are you married?.
If you are not, then you will never understand..but if you are married, then I am totally disappointed in your mindset.. Not like I am surprised at your comment, but just disappointed because your first response to me pointed out that you are a chauvinist that would always defend the men folk Even with they are wrong.
Please oga if your mindset is that it is women that cause all problems in marraiges, then I don't have reasons to communicate with you.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by juman(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
ImoleNaija:

grin grin grin

Iya Basira comes to mind. She dey beat her hubby like tomorrow no dey. cheesy

You see.
Baba basira married a lioness.
The lioness is the head of the family.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by drimzsmoke(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
Rolly22:

But I heard there are some tests you can run to ascertain the Genotypes of your Foetup?
Very true sir,it's called prenatal screening(PNS).Once the fetus is SS on investigation,the doctor will give you the option of voluntary termination of pregnancy(VTOP)....genotype is no longer a barrier when it's comes to marriage provided you have money and you also have nothing against abortion
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Rolly22(m): 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
drimzsmoke:

Very true sir,it's called prenatal screening(PNS).Once the fetus is SS on investigation,the doctor will give you the option of voluntary termination of pregnancy(VTOP)....genotype is no longer a barrier when it's comes to marriage provided you have money and you also have nothing against abortion

Thanks for this info I really appreciate, and please like how much does this cost??
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by drimzsmoke(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Rolly22:

Thanks for this info I really appreciate.
The pleasure is all mine sir
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by kurlz(f): 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2021
greencard:
so as thing weh I crack my head write long reach na only letter m you see pick out grin
It's well with your soul my dear cheesy
It's nymph

Ah ah ah hahahaha. Amen
I want to know if it's something else cheesy cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by promisious: 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
Avoid ladies/guys who loves dating married men or women..

The problems no dey end. They can't escape it.
Be wise
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by akposking(m): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
Berryli:

I would love to know your reasons about not marrying an idoma lady if you are not one. I am one, I would love to learn
He actually meant idoma girls are pigs. It hurts cry
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by bobolaga: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
But you can have sex with those types of people and dump them, think before you do is better do before you think, is like you know how liquid was formed inside coconut.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by bobolaga: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
This are types of guys that only interested in Tribal marriage, i have see guys dating girl for ten years, when it get to the point of marriage her his family said to him don't marriage her, she is not your tribe, now whom did you want to marriage your ferly used, those disappointments make a lot of marriages not have peace, because, nature can't cheat nature. the mistake may be from the man or the woman, is just to understand whom they have disappointed before.

1 Like

Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2021
Mummyfour:
I
It was like 4pm before she felt better to go and pick children that had closed since 2pm

Something else is wrong with this man o. Even if e no wan go house chores, he can't do even school runs that dads love to do cos the few times they're chanced to do it, it brings extreme joy to their kids?? No o, trust me, this case isn't normal and definitely absurd
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by gentleguy1975: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
Which one come be nyph again
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Satazaa: 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
2extremes:
From experiences from my previous relationships,
I can say there are 3 set of people to avoid.
1. Don't marry a liar. A liar will always cheat on you, take advantage of you and always manipulate you.
2. Don't marry someone that cannot take decision for him / herself. Any relationship that a partner or both are still under influence of friends, parents, spiritual heads are bound for doom. My mummy said, my pastor said, my friend said blah blah blah, always avoid this type of people.
3. Also, look at the family beliefs, views, ethics and perspective about some issues that are germain to you. For example, if your partners parents are separated, if all his / her siblings have failed marriages etc, this may have some effects on your own relationship / marriage.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Satazaa: 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=Satazaa post=108890227][/quote], what a brilliant piece from you op, this are my exact experience undecided
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by God2man2again(m): 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
Remember God won't give you everything once, you have to work it out with prayer, patience and knowledge.

May God help us. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by anthonyuncle(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
FalseProphet1:
9 Don't marry a girl with a high body count.

10. Don't marry a stingy girl

11 Don't marry a girl who acts cold towards your family.

12. Don't marry a girl that cheated on you with her ex or male friend.

This I have seen.

guy,
oil dey your head.

but it also applies to guys

1 Like

Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by Confidencemama: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
On point
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by zedegit: 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
FalseProphet1:
9 Don't marry a girl with a high body count.

I saw one topic on the front page where one guy was saying if she's good marry her.

If he made this statement in the 90s and early 2000s I wouldn't have bothered.

But in this era of Yahoo boys and rituals, it's very dangerous. As a Prophet, I've seen a lot, the womb of a woman is a seed that brings life, wealth...etc. many evil people in search of quick riches are after it and the only way to access it is through sex, which they can pay anything to the girl just to have their way to access it.

Many decent girls who fell prey to this evil people in the past and got married later in the future...after marrying a successful young man the financial life of the man became useless.

Further spiritual investigation showed that at a point of her life she dated or had a one night stand with this evil people who used her womb to transfer her glory to himself, so if you join yourself to such girl through marriage, everything you've laboured for will automatically go to the person that used her leaving you wretched and frustrated.

10. Don't marry a stingy girl

I once dated a stingy girl, she's good looking with all the curves and all that, but what broke the camel's back was one day she came visiting, as she was going she told me to buy her dinner, so we branched at an eatery, I told her I don't have cash on me and I left my ATM at home so she told me she'll borrow me money. The food was 2k and she paid for it with her own money, can you believe that this girl got home and started telling me to send her back her 2k which she used to buy food for herself. That incident is what broke us up cos she kept on nagging about the money that I gave it back to her in anger and called it quits.

If you've officially dated a girl for 3 months, and you can't point out one material thing she has given you aside sex, don't marry her.

Many guys believe it's their responsibility to cater for their girlfriends, I'm not against taking care of someone you claim to love, what I'm against is when she's not reciprocating your gestures or using sex as payment for what you're doing for her.

If your girlfriend cannot spend her hard earned money on you and you go ahead to marry her and become broke later on in your marriage, you're doomed cos she'll starve you to death, don't marry such girl.

11 Don't marry a girl who acts cold towards your family.

I once dated a girl who told me clearly that if we get married, my people won't visit her house. This is a house I'm paying the rent for, she referred to as her house.

Girls such as this will ruin you, don't over look red flags in the name of love.

If she dislikes your sister, brother, parents, just let her be for your own good.

12. Don't marry a girl that cheated on you with her ex or male friend.

When I see guys saying they've forgiven their girlfriend for cheating on them and are planning to marry her I laugh.

Girls don't cheat the way guys do, if a girl whom you're dating and even planning to marry cheats on you with someone she claimed to have gotten over, then know that she loves that person as much as she loves you or even more.

If you marry her, get ready to start raising his kids cos she'll definitely continue seeing him even after getting married to you.

Do this and have peace.

This I have seen.

This is the best post of the year 2021.
Re: Don't risk marriage with these set of people by anthonyuncle(m): 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
bobolaga:
But you can have sex with those types of people and dump them, think before you do is better do before you think, is like you know how liquid was formed inside coconut.

dating comes with lots of learning and activities - sex involved.
during the course of dating, you get to know someone very well. it is your acquisition of these knowledge that'll help you decide if you should go ahead and marry the person or not.

yes, a lot of persons date for just sex and pleasures.
but if you are dating for the reason of bonding, and you notice things that you can't accommodate and the other person is unwilling to work on them or change from them,it is important to end that relationship.

now, the way relationship ends is what makes some people use the word dump

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.